IGNORED

Johnstons another gun-crazy quiverfull family MERGED

Paperplate

4 hours ago, Black Aliss said:

I had never heard of this organization before, so I immediately googled them and then searched for doctors in my state. I'm well past childbearing age, but an anti-choicer is also not going to let me choose death with dignity if and when that time comes. I was very relieved to have this come up:

I'm past my childbearing years, as well, but I checked.  On both the "pro-life physicians" and "pro-life ob-gyns" sites, I only found about 5 doctors in the whole of SC and no doctors in Greenville.

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply
These people scare me. Can you imagine moving to the Columbus area (which isn't exactly backwoods) and having to pick a new doc from a list on your insurance webpage and ending up with this whackado?  

I perused the list of pro-life doctors for the states I've lived in and was really surprised to see a doctor if maternal and fetal medicine on there. If something goes wrong in your pregnancy - that's who you're sent to. That sucks. 

Our first baby was anencephalic (her brain never developed past her brain stem) and we found out at the 20 week sonogram. I went in hoping to just find out the gender but instead had my heart shattered. 

We were referred to a maternal and fetal medicine doctor who laid out every option for us. We made the heartbreaking choice of terminating the pregnancy. Our baby (that we planned for) had a condition that was incompatible with life. You could see on the u/s that most of her skull and brain was missing so there was no ambiguity. Additionally, because of the condition, there is nothing that tells the baby when it's ready to be born.  In some cases, the mom has stayed pregnant for over a year by which time it does some pretty bad damage to her (kidney failure, etc)  

We lived in Virginia at the time and it was required that I was shown pictures of aborted fetuses before the procedure. The nurse was lovely and told me to close my eyes...she had to show me but couldn't force me to look. 

I had amazing and compassionate care at one of the darkest times of my life.  I am forever grateful to each person who helped me during that time.  

Screw this guy and his views  

Thank you for telling your story. I also went through a very similar situation. When I was pregnant with my husband's and my second baby, we found out at the 20 week us that she had fetal acrainia. This is where the skull doesn't form, so the brain is kind of free floating in the scalp. It is also incompatible with life, and we also made the decision to terminate this very wanted pregnancy. I get so pissed off at anti choicers. They say they're 'pro life' but, what they fail to realize is that sometimes, it's more humane to terminate a pregnancy to avoid needless suffering of a being that is very much wanted. What they fail to realize is I'm being the better parent to my child by making the hard decision based on what is best for my child. If I had given birth to my child, she would have struggled and suffered to only end up dead anyway, so we made the heartbreakingly difficult decision to help her through it, without the struggle, and without the suffering, because we're good parents. And you and your husband are too. Fuck these people.

19 minutes ago, Burpies said:

Thank you for telling your story. I also went through a very similar situation. When I was pregnant with my husband's and my second baby, we found out at the 20 week us that she had fetal acrainia. This is where the skull doesn't form, so the brain is kind of free floating in the scalp. It is also incompatible with life, and we also made the decision to terminate this very wanted pregnancy. I get so pissed off at anti choicers. They say they're 'pro life' but, what they fail to realize is that sometimes, it's more humane to terminate a pregnancy to avoid needless suffering of a being that is very much wanted. What they fail to realize is I'm being the better parent to my child by making the hard decision based on what is best for my child. If I had given birth to my child, she would have struggled and suffered to only end up dead anyway, so we made the heartbreakingly difficult decision to help her through it, without the struggle, and without the suffering, because we're good parents. And you and your husband are too. Fuck these people.

Thank you for speaking out. And I am so, so very sorry for your loss.

@All persons who have desired children, but who found out a truly horrible situation existed which would cause tremendous pain for the youngling if carried to term, and for the parents and family members, and to those who finally made a tough choice, of whatever type:

Human words are not very adequate here. I truly wish there were properly lovely wordskills, Nobel-laureate-level, to offer something decent to y'all for comfort, or support, or healing, for the pains you have had.

But the best I can give is a heartfelt "THANK YOU", that you shared your experiences with others, so we might see other sides of things---which are NOT simply "black or white", but very much mingled and grey and complex.

May the Blessed Eternal of your understanding (or not, if you're not into a deity) give you comfort, peace, and strength, in the choosings you have taken. May you receive healing, joy, hope, and whatever the heck you need, in various ways. May you be graced with hope, happiness, and peace---wishing for all those who sorrow everything I'd wish for myself and loved ones---cannot possibly wish you more!

Thank you--again---for the courage it takes to explain; may shared pain be halved or quartered. 

In peace, 

samira

5 hours ago, withaj said:

I took one for the team and went through all of the Instagram posts for names and ages (they aren't listed on the blog).

Charity Ruth -- 17
Anna Cynthia -- 16
James -- about 15
Unknown Son -- about 13 (clearly not the favorite! Never mentioned, but one about this age in group shots)
Grace Elizabeth -- about 11
Faith Victoria -- about 8
Elijah -- about 6
Josiah -- 4
Haven -- 2
Eva Lively Rain -- newborn

That's so sad! :(

2 hours ago, PennySycamore said:

I'm past my childbearing years, as well, but I checked.  On both the "pro-life physicians" and "pro-life ob-gyns" sites, I only found about 5 doctors in the whole of SC and no doctors in Greenville.

I'm guessing there are none in San Francisco. :pb_lol:

The second oldest daughter has her own Facebook page for her singing (she describes herself as "a soulful young contemporary Christian singer-songwriter-guitarist") and she and her brothers were available to sing Christmas carols at events before Christmas.

Her single is called "Born to be a Misfit" which is interesting, and she also has a website at http://annajmusic.com

Another large, musical, singing family. How original and refreshing!

I'm beginning to think these families pop out of cookie cutters somewhere. The Johnstons check all the boxes for the stereotypical fundie family:

• Very white teeth
  • Long, curly hair on the wimmenz
  • Gun toting for Jesus
  • Teaching hate to the children
  • Science is for sinners
  • Dad with a penile inferiority complex

The physician thing is a nice touch, as is the gay cruising, but they're all so darn predictable.

On 13/01/2016 at 5:37 PM, Ralar said:

Dr. Johnston would be my first choice for treatment of anxiety and/or depression. Here's his treatment plan:

Practical Tips to Overcome the Daily Onslaught of Anxiety and Depression

*Write out encouraging Bible verses, quotes, or thoughts, and tape them up at your house or work, or carry them in your purse or wallet. Refer to them and memorize them whenever you are struggling with unhealthy thoughts.

*Turn on uplifting Christian music. Sing and meditate on the principles of God's Word. Praise and worship the Lord. Try dancing to praise music! By all means, turn OFF any music or television that saddens you or causes you to focus on your troubles.

*Make a list of ten things to think about when you are tempted to think things you shouldn't. Make your list very practical. For instance: "What will I buy at the store?", "Where will we go on our next vacation?", "What will I say to my friend/neighbor/family member next time we speak?", etc. Always have this list on hand to refer to when tempted to be anxious, depressed, or angry.

*Occupy yourself with a big project or many projects that direct your mind off of yourself and onto others. There is no end to the number of nursing home residents, hospitalized patients, struggling families, volunteer organizations, and ministries who need a letter or a helping hand. Do not sit around and wait for your problems to disappear. Busy yourself with projects and invest your time in caring for others.

*Always fight the tendency to pity yourself. You will find one hundred reasons to believe that self-pity will make you feel better but it never solves anything. When tempted to pity yourself, think of others you know who are in much worse circumstances (i.e. the paralyzed teenager, the young husband who just lost his wife, Christians who are persecuted for their faith in China, Cuba, or Indonesia, etc.). Make a list of such people and remind yourself of how blessed you are. Stop and take a moment to pray for those who are less fortunate than yourself.

*Journal!! Write out your thoughts, regardless of how troubling or embarrassing they may be. Often, when you see on paper what is going on in your head, you will be surprised by how manageable your problem is through changing your way of thinking!

*A few good Scriptures on topics of importance are listed below for your edification.

Suffering: 1 Pet. 4:12-16, Rom. 8:17-18, 2 Cor. 4:17, James 1:2-4

Forgiveness/Mercy: Matt. 6:14-15, Matt. 18:21-22, Heb. 8:12, Prov. 11:19, James 5:9

Thankfulness: Phil. 4:11, Heb. 13:5, Rom. 1:21

Fear/Worry/Doubt: Matt. 6:25-34, Phil. 4:6-7, 2 Tim. 1:7, I Cor. 10:13 

I read this and thought it should be adapted for all those fundies who are into the modesty issue a bit to much (aimed at the lusting guys who can't control their thoughts).

On February 4, 2016 at 11:02 PM, PennySycamore said:

I used to live there and had my daughter there. I checked too and was actually surprised to not find one. Funny enough this asshat was raised in Greenville per his bio. Color me shocked.....not. Bet he  had some kind of connection to good old blow job I mean bob jones. Either from church visits or a family ties.

Honest question, if he's really going around and spewing this incorrect medical crap can't he lose his license? 

I'm so sorry to those who shared their stories of loss.

It's amazing how anti-choice have lost their sense of recognition of humanity for women having to make difficult choices.

The musician daughter wrote a song from the POV of a fetus begging not to be aborted, as you do. It was inspired by her utter abjection after breaking her leg this one time (AKA, the "biggest setback in her life"). Because nothing grants you insight to understand the complex of painful emotions surrounding an unwanted pregnancy like not being able to play soccer! Ugh, someone get these kids a clue and some eyebrows please!

The best comment on the vid for this song:

WILL YOU LOVE ME??? YESSSSSSS! OH, YESSSSSSSS We will. For His glory and your good, please let us prove our love and HIS Greater love for you.

By Chet Gallagher, a prolife activist who has worked with the Johnstons on events, and who Google tells me is constantly getting arrested for being so darn annoying. YESSSS OH YESSSSSSS.

On 2/4/2016 at 6:57 PM, mango_fandango said:

I'll gladly stay out of the rabbit hole with the ferrets. I'm already here with a headtorch on my head (not really) and I love looking after small creatures. I'm not a helpmeet but... can I help? :D

It feels like we'll need several ferrets so maybe several people to help....

If the ferrets are in harness, I have plenty of rope and I can be on belay.

I waited until after the super bowl where I knew I would have just the right amount of liquor in my system to read up on this family. Or at least the dad, since I feel the need to give the children of these families 5 years away in order to make their own path when they are under a different headship. 

My first and main reaction is how in the world does he still have his medical license? Follow by I wonder how often he has come under investigation with pushing his religious views on to others. I have no doubt that he turn away a women if she came in asking for a tubal especially if she doesn't have children or have what she feel is the right number for her family but is under 30. I also see him turning away women that ask for IUDs or the implant but I can see him willing to give the pill but probably with a very lengthy lecture. I have been somewhat active in the childfree community on Reddit and part of me is wondering if anyone there have had experience with him or would be willing to take a risk and pay him a visit to figure out exactly how he is but I think that could be against their rules. Although I am still thinking about asking.

One of the things is that I doubt those supposedly scientific articles are accepted in their respected community or even better peer reviewed. Or actually if what those articles purpose with their scientific methods are actually able to be repeated. My main thought on this is the etoptic pregnancy post with the previous cases he mentions. I don't feel like going on that rabbit hole at least tonight. 

Before I wonder off for the night I want mention of those doctors that are listed being Pro-life I almost visited the one in Tulsa. I was looking for a Ob-GYN last fall and he was actually will reviewed but I couldn't find if he had experience with my birth control so I went to Planned Parenthood instead. I knew that they would have a doctor who could remove yet as well as not give me much hassle when I asked for more permanent birth control. I also went during the time congress was pushing towards defunding them as well as when those videos were at their highest point with attention.

Okay I'm straddling the fence about if I'm going to seek assistance from some friends to see if he handle his practice like a nut job especially after reading his blog. I just want to know if anyone on freejinger could verify if this is site name and location sound right for being him : http://www.healthgrades.com/physician/dr-james-johnston-xtrn3

23 minutes ago, kjmackin said:

Okay I'm straddling the fence about if I'm going to seek assistance from some friends to see if he handle his practice like a nut job especially after reading his blog. I just want to know if anyone on freejinger could verify if this is site name and location sound right for being him : http://www.healthgrades.com/physician/dr-james-johnston-xtrn3

I wouldn't get involved... 

• 1 year later...

If you guys want to check out the wife's Facebook page, she goes by "The Activist Mommy."

She posts rants about things like women's day and boycotting beauty and the beast. She is a disgusting person. 

https://m.facebook.com/theactivistmommy/?tsid=0.8049160018239877&source=typeahead

And you guys better watch out. She's an angry Christian!

IMG_1791.PNG

I also wanted to add, the Johnstons are all friends with vision forum people. I would assume they used to be into VF. And many other fundies on FJ. 

I forgot to add. She was also booted from Facebook for a homophobic rant and played the victim and got her account re activated. Her followers ate it up of course. 

Christian persecution!!!!!

Oh my god, I thought we'd talked about the Activist Mommy thing already but I guess not. So, so, so awful. I have watched a few of those videos over the last couple months and they are unbelievable. Her attitude is nauseating. Like, 11/10 horrifying.

On 3/18/2017 at 2:49 PM, withaj said:

Oh my god, I thought we'd talked about the Activist Mommy thing already but I guess not. So, so, so awful. I have watched a few of those videos over the last couple months and they are unbelievable. Her attitude is nauseating. Like, 11/10 horrifying.

I was just looking at her Facebook page and I noticed a comment against her suddenly disappeared. I guess she deletes all comments that disagree with her. Which is fucking HILARIOUS since she flipped her shit when fb banned her for hate speech for a few days.

Fundies are the biggest hypocrites. Free speech is only allowed when someone shares your opinion :2wankers:

This woman is disgusting.  

Should "The Activist Mommy" as an online fundie personality get her own thread? What do you guys think?

Because her blog is just nuts. And I don't think it was popular when this thread first started. So should there be a thread just about her blog and not really about the family in general. Because there's plenty to snark on on that blog, lol.

Archived