IGNORED

Sierra Jo Dominguez Abysmal Wedding Planner Part 2

Coconut Flan

What about all the women who found freedom in just being able to exercise their own reproductive choices?  I did and no regrets.  Just suck it Sierra!

• Replies 455
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, FundiesInParis said:

It's up on her insta, I gagged a little reading it tbh.

image.png

Oh for f*ck's sake, I HATE it when anti-abortion nuts quote this Dr. Suess gem. :(

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Horton_Hears_a_Who!  The "influence" section near the end explains it all.  

I love Dr. Seuss and I wish I had enough $ to buy one of his awesome creature taxidermied heads :D

http://www.drseussart.com/taxidermy/

Just quoting wikipedia for those who don't want to look it up:

Influence[edit]

Horton the Elephant's recurring phrase, "a person's a person, no matter how small", found its way to the center of the recurring debate in the United States over abortion. Several pro-life groups have adopted the phrase in support of their views. Geisel's widow, Audrey Geisel, "doesn't like people to hijack Dr. Seuss characters or material to front their own points of view."[7] According to Geisel biographer Philip Nel, Geisel threatened to sue a pro-life group for using his words on their stationery.[8]

Sorry to get so upset over this but, WTH?

Sierra's an idiot.

No political or religious divides because the attendees self selected based on religious and political beliefs. While valid, your statement is pushing it, Sierra. And leave Dr.Seuss alone!

I am anti-abortion. I wouldn't say I'm pro-choice or pro-life really. I don't know where I fit. But I can't stand this kind of shit. Ugh. Go home and take care of your children, idiots!

Most of the women I came in contact with in my work did not take an abortion lightly. It was a difficult decision arrived after much soul searching.

I get the impression that the Duggars et al think that abortion is used carelessly, and if it were illegal, then women would come to their senses and would accept their blessing.

Well, we all know how it worked when abortion was illegal. Just my 2 cents.

ETA Wonder if they know who Dr. Seuss is, or if they've read any of his books.

A person can be regretful about something they did, but an action you regret (an abortion or any decision, for instance) is regrettable. I think "regrettable," not "regretful," is what Sierra meant here. Amirite, non-SOTDRT English teachers?

6 hours ago, missegeno said:

No political or religious divides because the attendees self selected based on religious and political beliefs. While valid, your statement is pushing it, Sierra. And leave Dr.Seuss alone!

And the way she's trying to throw shade at Black Lives Matter protesters....yeah, you care about life, honey, but you don't care about those black babies after they're born and the police beat the shit out of them at school or murder them for being outside and existing.

And the way she's trying to throw shade at Black Lives Matter protesters....yeah, you care about life, honey, but you don't care about those black babies after they're born and the police beat the shit out of them at school or murder them for being outside and existing.

This infuriates me so much. Only unborn/brand new lives matter to these people. I saw a leghumper say a 4 inch trip down the birth canal shouldn't mean the difference between caring/not caring (paraphrasing), and I just wanted to scream it back at them. Yes - We should care about people who have already been born!

1 minute ago, missegeno said:

This infuriates me so much. Only unborn/brand new lives matter to these people. I saw a leghumper say a 4 inch trip down the birth canal shouldn't mean the difference between caring/not caring (paraphrasing), and I just wanted to scream it back at them. Yes - We should care about people who have already been born!

And not to mention that these are the people who want to slash education and health care budgets, and then turn around and tell off women for daring to have babies they can't afford, or how heartless they are for terminating a pregnancy where the baby would be born with a condition incompatible with life. And encourage dangerous homebirth practices that, without timely 911 calls or decisions to drive to the hospital, would result in dead babies and dead mothers.

And not to mention that these are the people who want to slash education and health care budgets, and then turn around and tell off women for daring to have babies they can't afford, or how heartless they are for terminating a pregnancy where the baby would be born with a condition incompatible with life. And encourage dangerous homebirth practices that, without timely 911 calls or decisions to drive to the hospital, would result in dead babies and dead mothers.

The tendency to view dying in childbirth as self sacrifice or whatever is so terrible, but especially so if you already have a gaggle of kids who don't deserve to lose their mother unnecessarily. Not speaking of anyone in particular here, just the madness of it.

1 hour ago, missegeno said:

The tendency to view dying in childbirth as self sacrifice or whatever is so terrible, but especially so if you already have a gaggle of kids who don't deserve to lose their mother unnecessarily. Not speaking of anyone in particular here, just the madness of it.

But the important thing is that you ~helped create your husband's legacy~

Pardon me while I vomit.

but is anyone noticing the shade she's throwing at Black Lives Matter?

get a fucking grip, girl. living, breathing children are dying at the hands of our own governments. 10 people have already died in Flint, and we have lost countless more to police brutality. 

Sierra is indeed a recent convert (at age 19 or 20) to quiverfull fundyism, according to her blog: http://dojosdesigns.blogspot.com/

Recent converts to anything are often the most zealous of them all.

Everything I need to know about Sierra can be summed up in a comment she made last week on the Instagram of Mimi Sayler Champagne, sister to Nathan Bates' girlfriend Ashley.

Mimi posted a baby bump picture and talked about her health fears (her toddler daughter has a heart defect, and it turns out this baby may also have heart problems).

Sierra's reply:

sierrajodominguezYour willingness to sacrifice your body, so that your husband can leave a legacy, is what is most beautiful about this picture. @mimichamp

https://www.instagram.com/mimichamp/

10 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

Everything I need to know about Sierra can be summed up in a comment she made last week on the Instagram of Mimi Sayler Champagne, sister to Nathan Bates' girlfriend Ashley.

Mimi posted a baby bump picture and talked about her health fears (her toddler daughter has a heart defect, and it turns out this baby may also have heart problems).

Sierra's reply:

sierrajodominguezYour willingness to sacrifice your body, so that your husband can leave a legacy, is what is most beautiful about this picture. @mimichamp

https://www.instagram.com/mimichamp/

:my_sick::my_sick::my_sick:

girl needs to get  a grip. 

Yeah, who cares that she seems genuinely concerned for her unborn child's health? The important thing here is her husband's legacy. And yet they want to say that they're pro-life. :pb_rollseyes:

wow that comment about sacrificing your body so your husband can leave a legacy is vomit-worthy. Gross. Get a life, Sierra. Not another baby, a life of your own, apart from being your father's legacy. :my_dodgy:

Interestingly, one of the reasons I had my abortion was that I really didn't want to sacrifice my body to make and birth the child of the man who got me pregnant.  He's a great guy, don't get me wrong, but that's a level of sacrifice that I'm not going to do for just anyone.

I AM GEE, DESTROYER OF LEGACIES!  

3 hours ago, HereticHick said:

Oh. My. God. Someone, start a gofundme right now to sponsor a drag queen named "Mimi Champagne" who we WILL collectively, with the power of snark and good wigs, push into the top 2 of Drag Race. That is the most spectacularly camp name I have ever seen! Also, she will dress as a slutty sailor.

5 hours ago, Alicja said:

but is anyone noticing the shade she's throwing at Black Lives Matter?

get a fucking grip, girl. living, breathing children are dying at the hands of our own governments. 10 people have already died in Flint, and we have lost countless more to police brutality. 

That was my first thought too, and I thought it was a particularly revolting thing to say on MLK Jr weekend. Sierra may ~peacefully and without hurting any police officers~ march off a cliff.

7 hours ago, missegeno said:

Yeah I hate this. The conviction that the best thing any mother can do for her child is to die is repugnant. In my opinion, choosing to live each day with your children is a much more beautiful, sacrificial act, but I guess it doesn't look as good on facebook as "this brave mama gave her life for her baby, leaving her three children orphaned, isn't that so special?"

6 hours ago, nastyhobbitses said:

helped create your husband's legacy

Awesome post count.

Dr Seuss and his wife were both supporters of Planned Parenthood, or so the pro life movement tells it. I remember reading how people were being asked to stop buying his books because they were inadvertently funding PP.

“It has been well known for years around San Diego that the Geisels were pro-abortion and active supporters of the local Planned Parenthood affiliate,” said Operation Rescue spokesperson Cheryl Sullenger, who lived in San Diego for 23 years. “Many years ago, I remember seeing Dr. Seuss at a Planned Parenthood fundraiser that we were protesting. People find it hard to believe that someone who could write such amazing children’s stories could support the brutal killing of innocent children through abortion. His wife, Audrey, has been very active in her support for the abortion group over the years, and our documents prove that.”

Hi, looooooooong time lurker, first time poster. I actually made this account just to reply to this thread.

I was so amused when I saw she used this quote. I'm going to guess not many Quiverful people actually bother to read a biography on the man behind Dr. Seuss. Ted Giesel wasn't a very faithful person. In fact, his first wife was cancer stricken and committed suicide while he was off with his mistress, who later became his second wife. His name also originated from bootleg gin. He loved a good time. 

Sierra should also read up on the political status of the man behind one quote. He was very left-wing.

Uh, also, if these people truly believe abortion is murder, they'd be advocating that women who've had past abortions be thrown in jail, not parading the women around at pro-life rallies. The whole movement is so cynical and logically inconsistent.

On January 17, 2016 at 1:04 PM, ClaraOswin said:

Who do you think watches her kids while she exercises? 

TV?

• Boogalou locked this topic

Archived