IGNORED

Vidya Games! What Are You Playing?

Maggie Mae

We've had some discussions about video gaming in chat. What games do you like? What are you playing now? 

I've been on a Cities Skylines kick, lately.

Edited by Coconut Flan
  • Upvote 1

On my iphone and tablet:  Cookie Jam, Criminal Case and SimCity BuildIt

Edited by MatthewDuggar

MLB 15:. The Show on PS3.

(I only play baseball games and that was the only one to come out last year.)

A fair amount of World of Tanks lately.  You'd think being an ex-armor officer I'd be better at the damn game, but nooooo.

I'm also stupidly addicted to some of Everett Kaser's logic puzzle games in his Sherlock series.  http://www.kaser.com

I've got several going on right now.

1.) Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines. A couple of weeks ago, I finished this as a Brujah sympathetic to the Anarchs. I'm now re-playing it as a Tremere loyal to the Prince.

2.) Recettear: It's a Japanese game where you own a little shop that you sell things in, but there's also a JRPG component where you can go on adventures with various "heroes" in dungeons to complete quests and get unique items to sell in your shop.

3.) The Long Dark: An indie survival simulation game that is currently in alpha release. You try to survive for as long as you can after having made it through a plane crash in the Canadian wilderness after some unspecified worldwide apocalyptic event has happened that has shut off all the power. This is very immersive and interesting, and I can't wait until the full version is released. They keep coming out with updates and have added new areas and re-vamped gameplay, so they're keeping it fresh even in alpha release.

The point is to basically stay alive as long as you can while marshalling your resources (food, shelter, clothing, etc.) and trying not to get eaten by the bears and wolves. I'm playing on the medium difficulty and have survived about 400something days, which is pretty damned good. The game has perma-death as a mechanic, so if you screw up, there's no going back to an earlier savepoint. If you die, you're dead.

4.) Rune Factory: Tides of Destiny. I came close to finishing this one a couple of years ago, and our Wii system crapped out, erasing my game. My daughter recently started playing it, which piqued my interest again, so now we're both playing through it.

Edited by EyeQueue
spelling

We got drunk over the weekend and pulled out the Nintendo 64. And had Diddy Kong Racing tournaments.

I am currently leveled out on Bubble Witch 2 Saga. Waiting for them to update and release more levels. I also just started playing Clash of Clans.

The kids play Minecraft, all the damn time! It just makes me dizzy.

• Upvote 2

Oh, fun fact! My avatar is The Legends of Kyrandia. An old PC game trio that we played pretty much non-stop in the 1990's. It was point and click story telling and puzzle solving. Before you could really get cheat guides online. I think it took us 2 years to get through the first game.

• Upvote 1

it's taken me about a year, but i think i've just about run out of things to do in skyrim (minus the dawnguard and dragonborn dlc's...haven't purchased them yet and waiting to be able to afford to). i'm kind of just putzing around now, awaiting the day i can set aside the money to get the dlc's i'm missing. or maybe get a gaming pc so i can mod it (though that would be much further in the future lol).

my fiance has started replaying the arkham series. he's playing them in chronological order this time. i can't say i protest too much, as i love watching the games being played. it's like watching an animated movie. :D

17 minutes ago, keen23 said:

Oh, fun fact! My avatar is The Legends of Kyrandia. An old PC game trio that we played pretty much non-stop in the 1990's. It was point and click story telling and puzzle solving. Before you could really get cheat guides online. I think it took us 2 years to get through the first game.

I don't know if I told you this last time it came up, but that was one of my favorite games growing up. 

I actually recently bought all three off of gog.com (http://www.gog.com/game/legend_of_kyrandia)

and was disappointed at how LONG it took to do anything. 

15 minutes ago, browncoatslytherin said:

it's taken me about a year, but i think i've just about run out of things to do in skyrim (minus the dawnguard and dragonborn dlc's...haven't purchased them yet and waiting to be able to afford to). i'm kind of just putzing around now, awaiting the day i can set aside the money to get the dlc's i'm missing. or maybe get a gaming pc so i can mod it (though that would be much further in the future lol).

my fiance has started replaying the arkham series. he's playing them in chronological order this time. i can't say i protest too much, as i love watching the games being played. it's like watching an animated movie. :D

LOVE Skyrim. I have all three expansions, yet I seem to spend most of my time in vanilla/heartfire (or whatever it's called). I built my houses and adopted my children. I wish I could have a spouse for each house I have and they could each have two children. 

• Upvote 1

Another game I just started playing is Who's your daddy where you are a dad who has to watch over a baby. It is basically a baby proof simulator. 

http://store.steampowered.com/app/427730/

You interact with the baby by making sure it does not touch the bad items, which decreases its health. You have to make sure the baby is safe until mom is home, and it is not a finalized game (though it is available for purchase). Hopefully it can get a few more tweaks here and there and maybe it will be an excellent game. I have also played goat simulator before on the PC. For some reason I seem to enjoy PC games now that I have a powerful desktop with a nVidia GeForce GTX 980. 

I just finished up Witcher 3, and now I'm trying to get into Fallout 4 with very little luck. It just hasn't lived up to expectations for me.

I keep seeing all these adverts for Game of War - My nephew was playing it a few years ago.  Does anyone recommend it?

1 minute ago, MatthewDuggar said:

I keep seeing all these adverts for Game of War - My nephew was playing it a few years ago.  Does anyone recommend it?

It's so obvious a Clash of Clans knock-off. I won't play it for that reason. Also the ads annoy me. And the model's boobs! Are they selling a mobile game or something else? 

• Upvote 1

Hopelessly addicted to Animal Crossings for the Wii, plus Super Mario Bros (the red box version) too.

Thank goodness for cheat codes/books, otherwise I'd have never gotten past level 8 in SMB. :chi-yes:

• Upvote 2

We bought a Xbox one just to play the new Fall Out but thanks to my neighbor's son we are now all addicted to Ark, the Sim like dinosaur survival game. I like it because I can play it with my husband....and dinosaurs!

I just finished my first go at Lego Jurassic World (PS3). I enjoyed it but not as much as LOTR or Marvel Superheroes. Eagerly awaiting the newest installment in a few weeks.

On 1/14/2016 at 0:24 PM, LadyCrow1313 said:

Hopelessly addicted to Animal Crossings for the Wii, plus Super Mario Bros (the red box version) too.

Thank goodness for cheat codes/books, otherwise I'd have never gotten past level 8 in SMB. :chi-yes:

My daughter is hugely addicted, too, and now also plays it on the DS in addition to the Wii. When she first got hooked on it about 4 years ago (she was 12), she got the game for Christmas and was literally up for over 24 hours straight playing it, because she was afraid she was going to miss the home decorating contest. :pb_surprised:

• Upvote 1

I have a PS4 and sometimes I play Driveclub, if I feel like it. Sadly we switched TV's in that room and that older TV only has 1 HDMI port. Makes it hard to play PS4. Then again, I hope we can replace it with a larger 4K TV. 

• Coconut Flan changed the title to Vidya Games! What Are You Playing?