IGNORED

Duggars by the Dozen - General Discussion Part 16

Coconut Flan

• Replies 537
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, notfundy said:

Wonder why Ellie/Lily decided to post this stuff up now if they were done in 2014.  

Not only did they post that video, but they claimed it was "recently filmed."  The video no longer plays on their blog now, because the app company removed it from YouTube!

6 hours ago, DuggarWatch said:

Thanks for posting this!  I couldn't imagine why anyone would want Michelle and Jim Bob as spokespeople.  

Yeah, thanks! It almost makes me feel bad for what I said about Uncommen earlier :my_sick: Although it still doesn't really look like my cup of tea.

I will say that I think it takes a bit of courage to stand up against a celebrity endorsement- even if it is the Duggars. They do have a leghumper army on their side. Good on this guy for posting this video.

Imagine that, a member of the Duggar family or their agent or supporter spinning information and presenting it to the public in such a way that it seems to present something as truth when the reality is actually quite different.  And it's like they don't even care whose back they step on and who they harm as they try to claw and spin their way to where they want to be.  If what the spokesman says in that video is true, it is good to see Uncommen taking a stand and trying to clarify.

19 hours ago, OperaRocks said:

have a question for all the FJ knitting experts.  Where can I get cheap yarn?

I want to make a pom pom rug.  I will have to make a ridiculous number of pom poms to make even a small rug.

It could end up being really expensive. :P

or go to the thrift store and get old t-shirts to do this with!

5 hours ago, Whoosh said:

Imagine that, a member of the Duggar family or their agent or supporter spinning information and presenting it to the public in such a way that it seems to present something as truth when the reality is actually quite different.  And it's like they don't even care whose back they step on and who they harm as they try to claw and spin their way to where they want to be.  If what the spokesman says in that video is true, it is good to see Uncommen taking a stand and trying to clarify.

They care about no one but themselves. They talk a good talk (not really), walk a good walk but it is all a sham. They do nothing for others. The fake donations that after filming were taken back and put back into their cars. If the children Jill knows needed money for Spanish lessons this family of all families could have easily provided for them. But. no they grift instead. They do not know how to work. Some where along the way they lost their way. JB didn't always grift or did he? Has he always assumed others will provide for him and his family? If so, then I am really disturbed by their sense of entitlement to have that many children and assume you will be taken of.

I am glad to see someone speak out against them. They deserve it. Eventually their house of cards is going to fall. It is going to a long hard fall. I feel for the children as they really have no idea and don't deserve the life they have been given. They deserve so much more. Parents who care. Parents who want to see them be their best and succeed. Not just grow up and vomit out the things they have been taught to memorize.

They care only about their brand. Nothing else. It is beyond disgusting in my mind. It will be interesting to see who steps away as the months go on especially once Josh reappears. That may really make a line in the sand for many. Will the Duggars understand? I don't think so. They have twisted the story so many ways at this point I am not sure they even know what the truth is.

12 hours ago, Whoosh said:

Imagine that, a member of the Duggar family or their agent or supporter spinning information and presenting it to the public in such a way that it seems to present something as truth when the reality is actually quite different.

Every.Damn.Day.

Has anyone seen the newest picture that the official Duggar FB posted? It shows Jana, Joy, and Jinger. I was scrolling down the comments and there were a lot of older men being creepy as hell.  One comment said "yummy" and "I really want to meet them". Some even asked how to email them!? I wonder if the Duggars read these comments? No wonder they think men only think about sex. 

So last night after engaging in a few tastey boozy drinks I had a very vivid dream. I was in a mix of Fayetteville and Philadelphia and I was traveling with Jana, Joy, and Joseph. But I guess I didn't realize I was actually taking them away and somehow tricked them to get out of their house? We were about to get on the train and Joseph was like "we can't do this! we don't have a chaperone and I can't allow this to happen" so he was going to snick to mechelle and jimboob. I took his phone that he apparently had and chucked it but Jana and Joy were so game to leave. Don't remember what happened to joseph after that!

38 minutes ago, Eatingintheprayercloset said:

Has anyone seen the newest picture that the official Duggar FB posted? It shows Jana, Joy, and Jinger. I was scrolling down the comments and there were a lot of older men being creepy as hell.  One comment said "yummy" and "I really want to meet them". Some even asked how to email them!? I wonder if the Duggars read these comments? No wonder they think men only think about sex. 

I mean, I've seen way out-of-line comments on their instagram (even before the scandals), so I'm not surprised. Still gross, though.

15 minutes ago, Hiddenomaha said:

I am I crazy, or did Jana dye her hair blond?

No, you're not crazy. I thought the same thing.

On ‎2‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 0:23 AM, DuggarWatch said:

Thanks for posting this!  I couldn't imagine why anyone would want Michelle and Jim Bob as spokespeople.  

I've read through the previous few pages of comments a couple times now and I still don't understand. Were JB & M ever spokespeople for Uncommen at one time, or did they just take it upon themselves to film an endorsement for a product they do not own? That video was so weird...especially if that was their best take.

2 hours ago, LittleSpouseOnThePrairie said:

I've read through the previous few pages of comments a couple times now and I still don't understand. Were JB & M ever spokespeople for Uncommen at one time, or did they just take it upon themselves to film an endorsement for a product they do not own? That video was so weird...especially if that was their best take.

I wondered this too. Great that uncommen distance themselves from the Duggars. But if this video was made before joshgates, it may have originally been made at the request of uncommen and they could have decided not to use it after the scandals. 

If uncommen asked for their endorsement pre-schandal, it still shows a lack of judgement on their side at that time.

Is it even a thing that people make unasked for endorsement video's?

I don't know if y'all can see the videos posted above from the uncommen spokesman, but if you can't what he says in the video is the the videos were recorded in Dec of 2014.  He says they were never edited and never posted or whatever.  He says that for some reason uncommen was recently making a bunch of videos public and that the Duggar one was inadvertently made public at the same time.  He says they didn't realize that and that they removed the Duggar videos when they were made aware of what had happened.  He says that they are sorry about the situation and want people to know they are against abuse of any kind.

So, it sounds like there probably was some kind of endorsement deal or plan when the videos were shot in December of 2014 (before the major scandals broke) or at least that uncommen was not only aware of the videos but they were in possession of them and it was actually uncommen that recently inadvertently made them public.  That led to them being found and posted on the Duggar Family blog.  Or so the story presented in the video goes.

I totally agree that the whole uncommen thing seems weird to me and I raise an eyebrow at the thought that anyone would have wanted a Duggar endorsement even before scandalgate hit.

Some comments on other blogs compare UnCommen to the Promise Keepers program in the 1990s. Regardless of who UnCommen associates with, why does a man need an app to remind him not to be a jerk?

1 hour ago, roddma said:

Some comments on other blogs compare UnCommen to the Promise Keepers program in the 1990s. Regardless of who UnCommen associates with, why does a man need an app to remind him not to be a jerk?

Because their wives are not allowed to?

Holy new level of absurdity batman. I accidentally stumbled onto an instagram based RPG for the first time. Weird but considering when i was a teen over a decade ago i was obsessed with the multiple writing based RPGs based off some of my favorite fandoms like the Mighty Ducks movies and Law and Order all created on the then super cool blog site Live Journal ha ha. As one of the olds i think instagram lacks the elements for the best RPGing its still understandable that teens today choose it. RPGs ate relayed to journaling. Theyve alalways been around- the creation of creawtive hormonal immature teens all that changes is the platform with the latest coolrwt technology. From a locked diary under a pillow to a DOS word porcessor to xanga.

But i digress (a common affliction i have you'll soon learn). What was so Twlight Zone about it was the fandom, its a Duggar verse RPG. But the only authentic element are the J girls names and pictures as characters otherwise its like any other secular teen fantasy life with everyone living in mega mansions, driving sports cars and partying. The fact all the girls are married (to teen heartthrob models that make Ben look elderly) and preggo startimg with 18 year old Josie there's absolutely 0 religious or ideologic elements used. If anything the slang, dialgoue, partying and strapless wedding dresses, bikini shots and sister group pics in minis and heels out clubbing directly oppose everything the Duggars represent and believe but it's not done in any sort of intentional way to snark.

I just... I've got nothing. Its so weird for so many reasons

http://www.instragram.com/johanna.duggar1

http://www.instagram.com/josiebjohnson

3 hours ago, zee_four said:

Holy new level of absurdity batman. I accidentally stumbled onto an instagram based RPG for the first time. Weird but considering when i was a teen over a decade ago i was obsessed with the multiple writing based RPGs based off some of my favorite fandoms like the Mighty Ducks movies and Law and Order all created on the then super cool blog site Live Journal ha ha. As one of the olds i think instagram lacks the elements for the best RPGing its still understandable that teens today choose it. RPGs ate relayed to journaling. Theyve alalways been around- the creation of creawtive hormonal immature teens all that changes is the platform with the latest coolrwt technology. From a locked diary under a pillow to a DOS word porcessor to xanga.

But i digress (a common affliction i have you'll soon learn). What was so Twlight Zone about it was the fandom, its a Duggar verse RPG. But the only authentic element are the J girls names and pictures as characters otherwise its like any other secular teen fantasy life with everyone living in mega mansions, driving sports cars and partying. The fact all the girls are married (to teen heartthrob models that make Ben look elderly) and preggo startimg with 18 year old Josie there's absolutely 0 religious or ideologic elements used. If anything the slang, dialgoue, partying and strapless wedding dresses, bikini shots and sister group pics in minis and heels out clubbing directly oppose everything the Duggars represent and believe but it's not done in any sort of intentional way to snark.

I just... I've got nothing. Its so weird for so many reasons

http://www.instragram.com/johanna.duggar1

http://www.instagram.com/josiebjohnson

I'm fascinated, but the first link didn't work.

3 hours ago, gustava said:

Professionally done is my guess.

Yeah, after the incidents with dyeing her own hair that Jana put in the book, I don't think she'd want to try dyeing her own again. But maybe I'm wrong and she decided to try one more time.

Also, the only thing I have to say about those RPGs is yikes.

• Coconut Flan locked and unpinned this topic

Archived