IGNORED

Romantic History's Sarah Jane Leaves Husband- Part 3

keen23

12 minutes ago, DaffyDill said:

I hate, hate hate photos of myself, and can proudly say I have never, ever taken a selfie. Either has my husband, now that I think of it.

I don't know when I had to renew my passport last year I took my one and only selfie - me against a white wall.  It worked great!

• Replies 477
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's one thing to take a selfie at a unique location or on a vacation.  It's another to do it in your car.  Or a hospital waiting room, along with an explanation that you're bleeding from a south of the border orifice.

I enjoy how Russ has a series in one sitting/setting, with different expressions:  Sensitive Russ.  Alluring Russ.  "I've got a secret" Russ.  "Aren't I a hoot?" Russ.  "I wanna spank you" Russ.  "I'm gonna hunt you down and make you my baby squirrel" Russ.

22 hours ago, EweSheep said:

My EYES! Holy cow! He really does a lot of selfies.....low esteem comes to mind!

I think you may be right. While considering the almost desperate behavior he has engaged in on his public facebook for no other reason than, it seems, to get attention, the over abundance of selfies may be his way of desperately looking for approval. Even if he knows a hundred people find him crass and unattractive, the possibility one person/woman may see his picture and think "he's kinda cute!" makes up for the negative feedback. He WANTS to believe he is ALL THAT, but in the back of his mind he knows he isn't.  Maybe he is afraid that as he ages and, lets face it, falls apart physically (and quite possibly mentally) that no one will think he is attractive anymore. These selfies may be his attempt to get at least one person to reassure him that yes, he is still sexy and desirable. I think he loves to think of others thinking about him. 

I take selfies, only because my husband likes to see pictures of me in the morning because I am not usually dressed when he leaves for work. On a rare occasion I post a selfie, usually cause it's cute with my kids or cause I gripe about my mandatory scrub color for work.

Maybe Russ don't know how to get GOOD selfies. He just don't want the background too distracting because it takes away his handsome face!

GAG!

I just read Threads 1, 2, and 3 in this SJ series straight through. Gack. Those poor kiddos.......I do hope they have other adults in their lives. Actual, adulting adults who love them to the moon and back. Because it's gonna take a village to compensate for the parental hand they've been dealt.......

I think the kids appeared to be ok from what I have been hearing. Maybe it was a very GOOD thing that they are trying to get their lives stablized. Except for Russ which he is trying to self destruct in a very big way.

On ‎2‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 6:01 PM, EweSheep said:

My EYES! Holy cow! He really does a lot of selfies.....low esteem comes to mind!

Hirsute Neanderthal comes o my mind.  And I'm guessing that ol' Russ has lost HIS mind and is putting out "missing"posters---

On ‎2‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 9:49 PM, EscapedCardinal said:

God forgive me for saying this, but he looks like a macaque in those Zoolander ones.

Apologize to  those poor macaques!

"I'm gonna hunt you down and make you my baby squirrel" Russ.

[emoji23]

.......then the question becomes "What does Russ do to baby squirrels? "

Russell DeJaynes: increasing sales of brain bleach since selfies came back into fashion.

[emoji241] [emoji30]

Now he's back to the Disney Dad posts, Lauren eating a plate piled with nothing but  bacon and onion rings for dinner, with chocolate chip cookies for dessert and watching Cher.  

I hate to even think this, but have to ask...is he deliberately trying to shorten her lifespan with the horrendous diet of greasy, fried, fatty, sodium and sugar laden 'food' that he provides her when she's with him?  Because what good parent would do this to their child?  Even one without the health issues she possesses?

Sure Russ, you are a responsible, caring parent.  Your child doesn't need diabetes and god knows what else from the crap you regularly feed her.  And we know that this is a real thing with you because you post photos of it every damn time she's with you.  I've never seen a plate with a vegetable on it in front of this child.

But it's so good to know that for the manic moment, you are loving life and living it to its fullest.  In approximately 48 hours we can expect the return of poor put-upon Russ, followed by nasty, button pushing Russ, followed by contrite, prayers needed Russ, and then happy as a clam feeding his child zero nutrition so she'll love him more them mommy because mommy never lets her eat that crap Russ.

On February 11, 2016 at 5:01 PM, EweSheep said:

There is a mom on my FB feed who posts selfies of herself fairly often. The thing is they barely look like her because of the filters and poses and duck faces. At first I think, that's a nice picture. Then I think about how much time she must of spent taking selfies and posing, finding the perfect filter, and whatever else goes into it. And I find it odd, then feel bad for being so judgemental about it. But she is constantly complaining about how busy she is......there I go again.

My sister is 46 and at least 50 lbs overweight, and she constantly posts selfies that have been shall we say, highly modified.   She uses the filters and strikes the artsy red carpet poses etc.  Every other day it seems, she posts a new profile picture of herself magically reduced in years and size and I too think about how much time she spends editing her appearance.  

I wonder how it does not occur to her that coworkers, friends and family who know damned well what she really looks like are not at all fooled by this.  But it's probably that one 'like' she's going for, and hoping to fool all those who don't really know her.

It's bizarre.  And my sister, while a lovely person on her own right, is a hot mess, an alcoholic sinking into the mire because she has not hit rock bottom.  All we see is her increasingly desperate attempt to cling to a girl that no longer exists but in her mind.  She's a mean, nasty drunk.  I love her with all my heart but have had to put her at arms length because she won't get help.  She has lost most of her friends and family and like Russ, sees none of the damage she is doing to herself.  She's lost her job, is almost through her savings and sits around her apartment editing photos of herself amongst a sea of empty vodka bottles, which she makes sure don't make their way into the phony, tony, cosmopolitan image she is creating of herself.

Meanwhile Russ is posting photos of a fabric clearance sale...must be to make Sarah Jane jealous she can't be there roaming the bolts with Russ to make him a costume.  Pretty sure the guy does not sew.

And of course, more restaurant photos of the crap he's feeding his child.  But at least he made sure there was a full glass of milk accompanying the greasy burger and chips.  What a guy.

I agree, with the food issues for Lauren. Like most dads, they will do the quickest and the lease effort in cooking, deep fat fry everything OR take outs/eat ins.

I hope it isn't deep fat fried but baked. I am sure her mother would not allow that but if it is a once a week kind of thing, hope it is in moderation. I hope. 

At least they love chocolate chip cookies!

Not to derail, but it's a pet peeve - diabetes is not caused by fat or fried food. I have two kids with type 1 diabetes, it's an autoimmune disorder that kills off the insulin-making cells in the pancreas. It has nothing to do with diet. Type 2 diabetes, which is considered lifestyle-related, is both a product of lifestyle and genetics. Diabetes kills more people every year than breast cancer and AIDS combined. Call people out for unhealthy food choices, sure. Please don't say they'll get diabetes from food choices - you can be a triathlete and if one of your parents has type 2 diabetes, you probably will too.

I apologize for the misinformation.   My comment was out of concern for the child.  

Aren't all the empty calories this poor child seems to be living on when in Russ's care hindering her situation?

I don't know if her weight issue is typical of her condition or not, but doesn't this child suffer from horrific joint issues? From my perspective, she does not need to be encouraged to eat in a manner that can cause unnecessary weight gain, creating more stress on her joints and additional, unnecessary pain, let alone any other weight and diet related health issues.  Doesn't the poor kid have enough strikes against her?

I'm not saying she should never get a treat or that she can't have a fun food outing with her dad each weekend.  Nothing at all wrong with letting her have a couple of cookies and milk for dessert  or an ice cream cone on a hot day.

According to WebMd article on Mucopolysaccharidosis those who suffer from the disease can experience some pretty bad symptoms, including heart disease. Russ's preferred meals of fast food and/or fried, fattening, salty, sugary and processed homemade food certainly aren't doing Lauren any favors. 

Despite not feeding her terribly well, I do think Russ's one redeeming feature is his love for Lauren. He only seems really happy when she's around. He may not have much of a clue how to care for her, or be there for the hard times when she's hospitalised, but I do think she's the best thing in his life. 

Even if you have to buy take away food because you can't cook, Subway (but not the meatball and high fat options) with chicken, or ham, and salad would be better. Subway over here sell bowls of salad - they'd be better than a pile of bacon and onion rings. Yuck!

Echoing what DaffyDill said, I agree that Russ only seems happy when he is with Lauren, I was thinking about that earlier.  I have also never seen her have anything but a smile on her face in all of those pics!  She seems like an amazing kid, I hope Russell can reflect back on her and learn a thing or two.

What a good thing that he has Lauren's BFF to come over and join them for movies and "sinful" food LOL! Slumber parties are the best!

Sometimes kids smiling can be deceiving, even the abused ones. I don't think it is the case for Lauren to have the physical part but she HAS been exposed to Russ' verbal abuses against her mom many times (as history shown). It also occurred when Russ was verbally abusive to SJ as well. 

Is Lauren's mother forced to give Russ visitation or is this something that was reached as an agreement years ago? If Russ can't support himself, he certainly can't pay child support. Lauren's care must be very expensive, not to mention her educational needs. I imagine Lauren's mother pays for that all by herself.

But we're still supposed to feel sorry for Russ, because he's such a nice guy, and people are mean to him.

I would assume that Lauren's mom's employer has health plans. I know she works something like in broadcasting company (maybe news or a local TV station). I don't know if Russ has coverage on Lauren unless he pays into his employer's health insurance plans. But we all know that Lauren has the best doctors she can get. If you need help, particularly with disabled kids like Lauren, Easter Seals does a great job of helping out.

A while back when this thread started, SJ mentioned to me that Lauren's mom and Russ do not get along at all. When it comes for pick ups, Russell has to pick Lauren up at a certain location and a certain time, like a child service center, and she maintained NO contact with Russ. I can't blame her at all if she requested that he does not be physically around her so that is probably why Russ isn't at the hospital. I am guessing by the history on the court records, an OP was put in effect between the two of them. I bet she didn't want to deal with his ass, after all that stunts he pulled off on those women in the past.

After all, she is one smart lady!

• Boogalou locked this topic

Archived