IGNORED

TX Christian Says God Helped Her Redirect Tornado To Another Neighborhood, Killing 8

doggie

This goes under be careful what you wish for.

http://www.addictinginfo.org/2015/12/28/tx-christian-says-god-helped-her-redirect-tornado-to-another-neighborhood-killing-8-audio/

We often hear about the “power of prayer,” but one Texas woman has taken that delusion to a new level. According to Sabrina Lowe of Rowlett, she saved her family’s lives (and killed others instead) with magic! On Saturday, a total of nine tornadoes ravaged North Texas, uprooting trees, doing thousands of dollars in damage, and killing a total of 11 people.

Lowe says that she heard the tornado approaching her home, where 10 family members were visiting when they all began praying for God to send the EF4 tornado, with winds up to 180 miles per hour, somewhere else:

“We actually went outside and started commanding the winds, because God had given us authority over the winds, the airways. And we just began to command this storm not to hit our area. We spoke to the storm and said, ‘Go to unpopulated places.’ It did exactly what we said to do, because God gave us the authority to do that.”

“We actually went outside and started commanding the winds, because God had given us authority over the winds, the airways. And we just began to command this storm not to hit our area. We spoke to the storm and said, ‘Go to unpopulated places.’ It did exactly what we said to do, because God gave us the authority to do that.”

Well, clearly it didn't do exactly what this woman said, because it obviously went to a populated place if it killed 11 people.  :my_dodgy:

If I had lost a loved one or even just my home in this tragedy then I would definitely want to have a few words with that woman. If she wants credit for turning the tornado then she needs to also accept that she is responsible for hurting and killing everyone who was affected. 

That woman is completely deluded.  Having watched an EF4 approach head on, saying you can command it to go elsewhere, um, just no.

3 minutes ago, nokidsmom said:

That woman is completely deluded.  Having watched an EF4 approach head on, saying you can command it to go elsewhere, um, just no.

but god listens and obeys Christians.

Okay, clearly she's delusional, but the headline is totally misleading. Actually, the entire article is a piece of crap. It claims that this woman actually prayed that the tornado would hit another neighbourhood, when she was specifically quoted as saying that she prayed it would hit unpopulated places. She's labouring under the mistaken belief that the tornado did in fact hit an unpopulated place, not bragging about redirecting it to kill other people. It's a pretty major thing, maybe the difference between her being deluded and psychopathic. Anyway, this article is the definition of low hanging fruit.

If you pray that your team (or your candidate) wins, then in essence you are praying that the other team loses. ipso facto.
 She prayed that the winds go elsewhere, they went elsewhere.  What she should have done is pray that the winds die down and nobody would have gotten hurt...if you believe in that sort of thing.  Of course fundies are not too comfortable with logic and sense.

I wonder how triumphant she felt once she heard what happened.

Sounds like she's read "Animal Farm:"

"All animals Christians are equal, but some animals Christians are more equal than others."

I have a fundy lite friend who goes to a fundy church. She told me her pastor has given sermons about tornadoes passing over his house and hitting neighbors' houses. And it passes over his cause he and his family are so godly. No words. 

8 minutes ago, mstee said:

I have a fundy lite friend who goes to a fundy church. She told me her pastor has given sermons about tornadoes passing over his house and hitting neighbors' houses. And it passes over his cause he and his family are so godly. No words. 

I've heard that logic before, its usually followed with "the people whom it hit weren't godly enough and were therefore deserving" 

8 minutes ago, mstee said:

Shades of Kelly Crawford...

# First: this woman is a crackpot

2nd: this isn't Christ-like at all. Nope nope nope. This isn't even a good try. 

Fuck these crazy ass people. I won't lie, I have prayed during tornado warnings. But, I prayed for EVERYONE. I prayed for the tornadoes to just disappear. Do I think God answered my prayers? I don't know. When faced with a tornado, you feel so helpless, that the only thing you can do is pray.

Back in the good ol' days, you had to paint an X on your door in sacrificial lamb's blood to be spared a disaster. All these New Testament-ers with their automatic godliness sensors... Feh, I say, feh!

(No offense to anyone's traditions and faiths, but this "testimony" smacks of a Passover type story to me)

3 hours ago, salex said:

so, this is her story, I guess.....jesus-loves-you-but-he-loves-me-more.png

I detest that speshul snowflake, smug attitude of some religious folks.  I am a believer but this is not a testmony.

17 minutes ago, RosyDaisy said:

I have prayed during tornado warnings. But, I prayed for EVERYONE.

That's what a real believer would do, not a smug, self-serving one.

3 hours ago, doggie said:

OK, so not as bad as just redirecting the storm willy-nilly, but still, weather is God's department. There would never be bad weather or deaths due to bad weather if we would speak it away. The power of Jesus to change weather is not ours.

If only every person who has been killed or lost a loved one or all their worldly possessions had authority over tornadoes. No one would ever die, no one would ever lose a home. I'm more than astounded at the height of hubris these people reach.

Archived