IGNORED

Amy Jordan Duggar Jordan Duggar King Duggar Wedding Part 3 AKA Amy and Dillon King

Coconut Flan

• Replies 524
  • Created
  • Last Reply
41 minutes ago, bashfulpixie said:

And now I have Bohemian Rhapsody stuck in my head.  Lol

my work here is done ::nod::

I'm surprised she was okay with that photo being on the cover. Terrible pose and outfit. I suppose when you consider a lot of her "fashion" IG pics, it's pretty much par for the course. Amy is terrible at finding looks to flatter her figure. Must have been a self-styled shoot.

OMG.  She had to go get a tattoo to get some People attention on a really slow news day.  Poor thing.

I like it though.  I'm also Right in the Shower.

I'm amazed anyone is able to get storm out of the last word there... I can't see the letter "O" in it at all. I was guessing it said "strum"

15 minutes ago, scribble said:

I'm amazed anyone is able to get storm out of the last word there... I can't see the letter "O" in it at all. I was guessing it said "strum"

Yeah, if I were going to get a handwritten tattoo I would certainly want it to be legible. Jeepers. Is that the best handwriting they could find? I had to read the article to figure out what it said. Or maybe that is part of Amy's plan, no one can read it so she will get constant attention asking what it says.

6 hours ago, Suz8710 said:

I'm surprised she was okay with that photo being on the cover. Terrible pose and outfit. I suppose when you consider a lot of her "fashion" IG pics, it's pretty much par for the course. Amy is terrible at finding looks to flatter her figure. Must have been a self-styled shoot.

That outfit was awful for the cover of a magazine.  I'm all for whatever you are comfortable in.. but it did nothing for her body.  She is a very attractive person, why not dress her in an outfit that was flattering.  

On 2/5/2016 at 4:13 PM, MiddleAgedLady said:

Did they write that in cursive and the tattoo artist copy it? Or is this the tattoo artist's handwriting. I teach cursive and this is not how I teach these letters. 

This particular "script" is very trendy right now. Too bad that she'll have to look at that for 60 is more years, and it will look even worse when her skin starts to pucker. Dill got off easier; he put his on what passes for his bicep. 

Not a very wise choice for Famy's "modeling" career (more like pimping stores on her social media for comped clothes/accessories). I don't mind tats, but she's marketing herself as a slightly rebellious, but overall Christian "model." And we know how most Christians in their Southern Baptist set feel about tats. That's why I think they watch church online, totes hungover, far more than they actually attend. 

11 hours ago, Valerie3kids said:

Yeah, if I were going to get a handwritten tattoo I would certainly want it to be legible. Jeepers. Is that the best handwriting they could find? I had to read the article to figure out what it said. Or maybe that is part of Amy's plan, no one can read it so she will get constant attention asking what it says.

sometimes I think people purposely get badly written tattoos on purpose. That way people are required to ask them what it means

While I am not interested in their tattoos and stuff, I really like how they portrai how to deal with the strange Duggar belives. And that they considere them selves as christians even when wearing pants. To me those / the contrast of Amys views, stresses how strange the Duggars are and this is a good thing.

That stretched out, crappy "script" is the trend right now. It's allll over Pinterest. They're kewl y'all!

I'll take my blocky old skool, Sailor Jerry style any day. 

I think it's a nice font, but for a t shirt, not a tattoo. I have a small cursive tattoo as well and as it's faded it's become harder to read. That will be too.

That cover though..does the stylist not like her? That outfit makes her look a lot heavier than she really is. 

On Thursday, February 04, 2016 at 3:44 PM, HWest said:

I actually like Amy a lot and I smile every single time she gets a story or a cover. This should show her unfortunate cousins that you don't have to live, act or dress like a freak to get the exact same attention. Yes Duggar girls, the world will not stop spinning if you wear shorts or a bikini, go on dates, have premarital sex, dance and have some fun,

I'd agree with this if I didn't think every single one of her cousins didn't judge her for being a heathen behind her back. They've probably held many a joint prayer session in the girl's dorm for poor Famy's soul. Their interactions never seem sincere on the Duggar girls' part.

So I have the magazine in my possession (see: I didn't buy it, but I borrowed it) and if I remember correctly, the picture of them on the motorcycle before the article begins has a little heading that says something like 'Amy and Dillion on a motorcycle ride last fall'...it's obviously been in the works for a while if that is true. I guess fall could mean November, but that's still almost 3 months ago. Are covers usually backed up that far? Also, the tattoo reveal is pretty much a tiny picture on the bottom that was probably added in last minute. 

I don't know what to think of Amy. I feel like she is trying to ride the coat-tails of her family while still being her own person and playing by her own rules. I don't think she can have it both ways, even though she tries. She used their show to (unsuccessfully) launch a singing career, but she want everyone to know that she isn't like them. She doesn't want to be the 'rebel' Duggar...but how hard is she really fighting that?

So I broke down and bought the magazine at the grocery store this week. I'm weak, I know. Anyways, it didn't tell me anything I didn't already know, except for them admitting they didn't bang before getting married. Okayyyyyyy, whatever. I'm wondering if the people at People (lol) were trying to go for a "Daisy Duke" type for their front cover. I like the bright color scheme of what they had, but it's not a flattering photo for Amy. The thing is, I think Amy's a pretty girl. The photo of her inside with the red dress was much better. Then again, we've seen always seen Duggars in dresses, so possibly Amy and People wanted to show a Duggar with shorts and a tummy-bearing shirt. In summary, I guess the only thing I liked about the cover was it's bright colors. That's the only nice thing I have to say about it.

It said that her parents were on-again/off-again and that her father didn't like that Deanna gave her the Duggar name instead of his.  Also JimBob did offer to be a father to her, but that Terry did stay in her life.

In a way I sort of can't fault Amy--she's just trying to take advantage of a situation that already exists, and since she apparently believes she should have a career as a singer (despite no training, no dues paying and--although with my ear I'm not really qualified to judge--possibly not a lot of talent. If I considered myself the only sane one in my crazy family--oh wait, I do!--and people magazine wanted to put me on the cover, I'd probably do it.
People magazine bothers me a lot more than Amy does.
If she has the smarts (or shrewdness, which is not the same but much more likely for a Duggar) to strike while the iron is hot, grab some cash and then use it for something useful for later in life (even if that is paying for singing lessons or studio time instead of getting a house or secretarial training), and then leave it alone, I'd say well, go for it. I suspect though, that like most other reality TV "celebrities," she actually believes people care about her and what she has to say, and it will all come back to bite her butt one day.

13 hours ago, Tdoc72 said:

It said that her parents were on-again/off-again and that her father didn't like that Deanna gave her the Duggar name instead of his.  Also JimBob did offer to be a father to her, but that Terry did stay in her life.

She was Amy Jordyn in high school...

Also as Amy was born before all the Gothard brainwashing, maybe JB felt like he needed to help because he father wasn't around? I don't know. Whether or not he was helping because he was a "good" person or because he thought it was bad Terry wasn't there (Unchristian! Sinful!) we'll never know.

I find it hard to believe JB was ever a good person and did good things... but brothers are protective. Josh is meant to protect his sisters, not molest them; yet again this happened ultimately because of JB...

When TLC gave Famy the special episodes involving her "big trip" to Nashville, I came away from it thinking it's sort of one of those pipe dreams many people think of and due to her association with 19 kids, she got her 15 minutes.  Between acting all "scared" and needing constant stroking from her mother and Grandma, on top of coming to a recording session not having the lyrics memorized, it's pretty obvious she doesn't take a career in singing all that serious.  Does the People article mention what her career aspirations are, if anything?

Amy has been posting up a storm again. Endorsing products through her Instagram posts, like a bunch of other reality show folks do. Anyways, she posted a picture of her and Dillon in what looks like a warehouse, and she's drinking out of a cup. Pretty boring stuff, except for one person posted this comment, "Are you drinking Jim Bob's tears?" LOVED IT!

On February 10, 2016 at 3:18 PM, MatthewDuggar said:

When TLC gave Famy the special episodes involving her "big trip" to Nashville, I came away from it thinking it's sort of one of those pipe dreams many people think of and due to her association with 19 kids, she got her 15 minutes.  Between acting all "scared" and needing constant stroking from her mother and Grandma, on top of coming to a recording session not having the lyrics memorized, it's pretty obvious she doesn't take a career in singing all that serious.  Does the People article mention what her career aspirations are, if anything?

Yes. That whole episode irritated me. Someone who was super serious about making a career in music would have been better prepared. That OR she didn't think the she would need to work that hard at it because of her name and "celebrity" status. Which is kinda how I feel about everything that she does. I think she took a page from the Duggar book when things were looking lucrative. But between running on Duggar time and doing everything half-assed, they aren't super industrious people for her to take notes from.

They all seem to jump at the chance to make a quick buck instead of truly applying themselves to a craft or skill. If they would put the energy they use to get attention into learning a trade they'd be far better off. Especially years from now when the gravy finally dries up. 

my prediction: fAmy will be seeking new tv opportunities such as dancing with the stars, or some vh1 has-been type reality show.

I liked the sidebar about the Manson women that was on the cover with Amy. :giggle:

I read the article at the nail salon. No mention made of her singing "career," but she identifies as a "part-time nanny." And guess what? She found an old pic of her with a little girl to post to Instagram today after years of NOTHING. 

Someone must have deleted a TON of posts about her "career" of late. 

2 hours ago, Mela99 said:

Why don't they have an oven .... ? 

Is that even technically legal to rent it out without one? Some cooking source?

I rented for one summer in college with only a microwave and refrigerator. I stole my parents gas grill to cook on too. I did a lot of grilled chicken salads, and shish kabobs but I did manage to bake bread in a cast iron dutch oven on the grill :) I wouldn't want to try living like that in the winter.

Since you're from Michigan too, I was working in Copper Harbor.

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived