IGNORED

Duggar Aviation Part 3

Coconut Flan

40 minutes ago, theinvisiblegirl said:

You wouldn't know it based on his playing stupid when TLC asked him about nose plugs or something for a plane on Counting On!

I know, right? I wonder what that's about. 

• Replies 441
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Re the ALERT photo - isn't that a Duggarling 2 along from superman?  In a black T, with the V neck matching the V of his hairline?  It has that unfortunate male pattern baldness of the Duggar boymen

• 5 weeks later...

The Cessna flew to Springdale from Big Sandy (Gladewater, to be precise) this morning. The last documented flight was to Springdale as well, so there was an unreported flight in there somewhere.

Screen Shot 10-26-16 at 10.04 AM.PNG

Why do they have to save these boring flights for the Cessna. Go somewhere interesting!

2 hours ago, justmy2cents said:

Maybe Anna went to meet her newest nephew?

Bingo. Then she can come up with the Wallers for Jingers wedding. :) or well, theoretically. I'm not a psychic.

• 2 weeks later...

So I was perusing the Duggar youtube channel and saw this. 

I don't have much to say about it; I just thought I would post it for anyone who's interested. That's the Cessna we follow in this thread, and it was apparently Josiah's first solo flight. The vid was uploaded a month or so ago. I'm not inclined to try and match the video to a flight right now, but maybe some time when I have more time.

I do want to point out that the tail number is really hard to read, which annoys me and makes me wonder what the authorities would think about it. Maybe they blurred it out for privacy reasons or something.

• 1 month later...

Updates!

@goldengrove asked about Duggar pilots in another thread, and I couldn't not check on their licenses, could I?

Effective September twenty-something, I think, Josiah is a Private Pilot; and John David is a Commercial Pilot.

Congratulations, fellas.

Now unhide that Cirrus so we can see your trips!

1 hour ago, halcionne said:

Updates!

@goldengrove asked about Duggar pilots in another thread, and I couldn't not check on their licenses, could I?

Effective September twenty-something, I think, Josiah is a Private Pilot; and John David is a Commercial Pilot.

Congratulations, fellas.

Time for some Duggar boys to get a courtin and off the Duggar teat.

5 hours ago, halcionne said:

Updates!

Congratulations, fellas.

Good for John David adding yet another marketable skill to his resume. I'd love to rescue him, I have such a soft spot for him.  He actually could survive in the world.  

One of my housemates is a commercial pilot. I hardly ever see him.

If John David has the same type of deal - good for him. Time away from the house of horrors.

I was wondering about the difference between a private and commercial pilot. Seems that a private pilot cannot accept compensation from passengers. Commercial pilots can. So is JD a commercial pilot so he can start charging people/friends to fly them somewhere? I sound so cynical.

http://www.arkansas-flightschools.com/private-pilot-license-arkansas.php

A Private Pilot Certificate is just that- private.

You can fly yourself, you can fly with travelers, and you can even fly for charity events, but you will not be compensated monetarily.

6 hours ago, Chickenbutt said:

I was wondering about the difference between a private and commercial pilot. Seems that a private pilot cannot accept compensation from passengers. Commercial pilots can. So is JD a commercial pilot so he can start charging people/friends to fly them somewhere? I sound so cynical.

http://www.arkansas-flightschools.com/private-pilot-license-arkansas.php

A Private Pilot Certificate is just that- private.

You can fly yourself, you can fly with travelers, and you can even fly for charity events, but you will not be compensated monetarily.

He can also do crop dusting but hey he's working and that's more than the other 20 people in his family. 

They only have two four seat planes, right? They're not going to make a lot of money. Especially since they probably will refuse to fly anyone who hasn't had a background check. I seriously doubt they'd give me a lift to Tulsa, even if I overpaid. 

On 12/13/2016 at 11:09 PM, Chickenbutt said:

True. I wonder if JB "suggested" he get his commercial license so JB can start charging people.

Maybe but if IRC the jump for JD was mainly hours of flight time.  If he has the hours he might as well apply to move up. WTH?  Sorry I forgot we were talking about JB of course it has to do with money and not the kid doing something for himself. 

• 3 weeks later...

There was a flight last night that I didn't notice until this morning.

Screen Shot 01-02-17 at 10.03 AM.PNG

The Cessna took a spin around Springfield after dinner last night. I'm assuming this was Josiah getting some night practice in.

Congrats to Josiah and john David.  

Can we assume these are properly regulated licences and NOT the equivalent of Jill's lay midwife designation (CPM Certified Professional Midwife) ?

Funny how the girls can't be CNMs - Certified Nurse Midwives - but it's okay for the boys to be all properly and fully licensed. And by funny I mean sad.  

3 minutes ago, Tiny Bubbles said:

Funny how the girls can't be CNMs - Certified Nurse Midwives - but it's okay for the boys to be all properly and fully licensed. And by funny I mean sad.  

To be fair, aviation training doesn't require learning about teh evil evolution either. But yeah, so sad :(

16 hours ago, Tiny Bubbles said:

Can we assume these are properly regulated licences and NOT the equivalent of Jill's lay midwife designation (CPM Certified Professional Midwife) ?

Yes they are 100% legit, from the FAA. John David flew into DFW a while back, iirc, and while I don't expect they asked for any documentation beforehand, I'd like to think a "pilot" with a home printed license wouldn't be allowed anywhere near a major airport.

It's too bad they don't see that safety and government regulation are just as important in childbirth...

2 hours ago, halcionne said:

Yes they are 100% legit, from the FAA. John David flew into DFW a while back, iirc, and while I don't expect they asked for any documentation beforehand, I'd like to think a "pilot" with a home printed license wouldn't be allowed anywhere near a major airport.

It's too bad they don't see that safety and government regulation are just as important in childbirth...

It's too bad the government doesn't actually think that safety and regulations are as important in childbirth!

It's too bad the boys are allowed to study to become pilots and EMTs, but aren't allowed to go to college. 

56 minutes ago, Suz8710 said:

The Cirrus appears to have been sold recently ...?IMG_9047.PNGIMG_9046.PNG

Either sold or traded in... I was curious and googled it, Kaircraft LLC is apparently an aircraft dealership. 

Now I'm picturing something like Josh's car lot with a bunch of sad old planes sitting around, lol!

5 hours ago, Jiraffe said:

Either sold or traded in... I was curious and googled it, Kaircraft LLC is apparently an aircraft dealership. 

Now I'm picturing something like Josh's car lot with a bunch of sad old planes sitting around, lol!

I'm glad you said this, because it prompted me to do some checking and there is a new plane! Mitsubishi MU-2, which looks pretty sweet on the wiki, even though it's from 1976. 

Archived