IGNORED

Joe 'n' Carlin Sittin' in a Tree?

sophrosyne

Screen cap from Famy's Christmas Day 2015 Instagram video. Joseph Duggar and Carlin Bates are sitting mighty close. (They're not holding hands--Joe is clasping his hands)  Maybe the kids were all jammed in on the couch and the rest got up, leaving Joe and Carlin there as if close, but that's not how it looks to me in the video. Thoughts?

Screenshot 2015-12-26 11.20.14.jpg

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Also Lawson put up a video of him, Siah, and Joy singing blue Christmas. And I'm thinking there may be something between Joy and Lawson. But so did I with him and Jinger. Those Duggar/Bates and their red herring fish hooks. Hmmpf. They easily could be trolling for interest in their shows.

But, but, but it still feels like they're characters in a show, not real people with their own lives. What we want doesn't matter. :(

But anyway, back to my ham and gravy. Nom.

That does look somewhat suspicious - they are sitting way too close and would probably be reprimanded for it if there wasn't something going on. (I mean, a girl and a boy, sitting next to each other? SCANDALOUS) 

It also looks like she's wearing his hat. They both looks sort of happy and at ease. 

36 minutes ago, withaj said:

When did the Duggar boys start wearing shorts?? Did I miss this sea change?

Maybe to exercise when not on camera? I mean, there's proof that Jinger has worn a track suit; so I wouldn't be surprised if the "wearing jeans while working out" thing was because they wanted to pretend to be all holy for the camera. 

1 minute ago, notfundy said:

What is UP with these people and their sideways and backwards baseball caps?  

Eh, I always wear it that way when I wear those hats. In fact, all my friends do, except the ones from the northeast. 

4 minutes ago, DuggarsTheEndIsNear said:

Maybe to exercise when not on camera? I mean, there's proof that Jinger has worn a track suit; so I wouldn't be surprised if the "wearing jeans while working out" thing was because they wanted to pretend to be all holy for the camera. 

Eh, I always wear it that way when I wear those hats. In fact, all my friends do, except the ones from the northeast. 

I would be curious about the boys wearing shorts also. I remember all the boys and JB running some type of Christmas run years ago and all were in long pants. JB started out running full force trying to keep up with the younger boys and barely made it across the finish line! I always thought it was funny but I tend to be have a sick sense of humor.

It almost makes me wonder if some of their dressing habits are for TV only and not always adhered to.

On 12/26/2015 at 11:36 AM, notfundy said:
What is UP with these people and their sideways and backwards baseball caps?  

It's their only taste of rebellion.

9 minutes ago, MisUndrstd said:

So Joseph was with the Bates family on Christmas instead of going home to be with his own family?.. now that's interesting.  

Other way around. A bunch of the Bates kids apparently went to visit the Duggars over Christmas. This is not the first time it's happened.

Joe has spent a lot of time with the Bates over the last year or so while going to Crown.  Sitting next to Carlin may be just as comfortable as sitting next to a sister.  I just think she's so young, not yet 18.  If they are a pair I'm sure we'll see a long courtship.

5 hours ago, withaj said:

This was my first thought, too!

Maybe this whole Josh outing has done good things for the other "kids", seeing that Mom and Dad's rules are just controlling BS and letting some stuff slide? 

I know I'm jumping the gun here but I would like to see one of the Duggar boys get married just to see if JB takes over and runs the whole show.  Would it be a regular fundie wedding or would it be a JB special with 1500 guests and cake on a paper plate in a parking lot with a side order of pickles?  Would JB speak up during the ceremony?  I have a hard time seeing JB and Mechelle taking a back seat and letting anyone else make decisions.

9 minutes ago, MisUndrstd said: So Joseph was with the Bates family on Christmas instead of going home to be with his own family?.. now that's interesting.  

Other way around. A bunch of the Bates kids apparently went to visit the Duggars over Christmas. This is not the first time it's happened.

Which, to me, is still kinda weird. Christmas is the one holiday where my family makes a point of being all together. And we're not even Christian! I just find it odd that you would ship off some of your kids at Christmas-- especially when they're not really doing that much the rest of the year and could travel then.

6 hours ago, withaj said:

I think Ben and Derrick have rubbed of on some of them. 

16 minutes ago, sockinshoe said:

Which, to me, is still kinda weird. Christmas is the one holiday where my family makes a point of being all together. And we're not even Christian! I just find it odd that you would ship off some of your kids at Christmas-- especially when they're not really doing that much the rest of the year and could travel then.

Well yeah, no one said it wasn't weird, just that it's not a new thing for them.

1 minute ago, singsingsing said:

Well yeah, no one said it wasn't weird, just that it's not a new thing for them.

Kelly has said the family spends their family day on Feb 14th since the kids tend to travel to see their friends and extended family on Dec 25th. 

52 minutes ago, sunshine said:

I think Ben and Derrick have rubbed of on some of them. 

Backwards baseball cap is a Bin thing too. My recall is that, pre-Bin, the Duggar boys wore their caps with bill to the front.

1 hour ago, sunshine said:

Kelly has said the family spends their family day on Feb 14th since the kids tend to travel to see their friends and extended family on Dec 25th. 

Idk that's just odd to me. Christmas is definitely a holiday I'd want my family together. I'd expect the married kids to not always be there, but I'd certainly expect Carlin (for example) at home on Christmas! She can visit practically any other time, since most Fundies are sans normal jobs and appear to have all the time in the world. 

I really do think Bin and Derick influenced the shorts. I've seen pictures of Joseph sporadically in shorts since that "mission" trip they yook last year.

I'm pretty sure that The Duggar's don't celebrate Christmas as us heathens do.  Can you imagine Christmas with that many kids? :pb_eek:

Archived