IGNORED

Jinger's Love Life Part 2

happy atheist

Let's face it, TLC and JB need a courtship right now.  However, they do not need a boring combo like Jill/Derick, Jessa/Ben. They need a courtship with a young couple that has obvious passion for each other.  I think we saw a glimpse of that Jill/Derick but Jessa/Ben there is no magic.  I've recently read that the JD and Maisiespace rumors are circulating again.  But I don't know if a JD courtship will amount to much.  They need a Jana or Jinger courtship.. that is intense.  

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think they will cling much harder to Gothard ways now. After all.....Josh wasn't born into the cult. I would not be surprised for them to rationalize what he has done with the fact they did not raise him, from birth, to follow the Wisdom Booklets. Therefore, he was likely to sin. Train up a child in the ways he should go', etc. I think his transgressions are solidifying the family's devotion, not making them question it. 

1 hour ago, MisUndrstd said:

Let's face it, TLC and JB need a courtship right now.  However, they do not need a boring combo like Jill/Derick, Jessa/Ben. They need a courtship with a young couple that has obvious passion for each other.  I think we saw a glimpse of that Jill/Derick but Jessa/Ben there is no magic.  I've recently read that the JD and Maisiespace rumors are circulating again.  But I don't know if a JD courtship will amount to much.  They need a Jana or Jinger courtship.. that is intense.  

Honestly, I really don't think any of the boys of marriagable age beyond Josiah are at all interesting and expressive enough to be the "it couple" that the Duggars need. Joy, I think, stands the best chance at being the "it couple" girl. She's expressive and personable, and hasn't yet swallowed too much of the koolaid to make it boring as hell when things "settle down." Jinger, I'm afraid, will be like Jill -- exciting and fun and totally gushing over everything for a little bit, then just slowing down and becoming boring and submissive. Jana, while I would love to see her find love, will be like Michaela, obviously loving the whole idea of marriage and who she's marrying, but not really exuberant enough. Josiah could ham it up enough, and he and Marjorie could have been the "it couple" if their courtship hadn't ended. But, he needs someone who will compliment that, which may be hard to find in the ATI circle.

I'm starting to wonder if Siah was the only one actually into or committed to his courtship. Poor guy, it seems everyone else had ulterior motives...

I was struck by the latest Counting On special, how Jinger appeared like a little girl.  She's been emotionally stunted by this family, and unable to spread her wings and embrace adulthood.  When she began crying on the special about her brother, Josh, I just wanted to give her a hug and tell her to grab tight to her own life and not let her family's life and troubles eclipse her own chance for happiness.

39 minutes ago, Toothfairy said:

The only courtship that will save the show is Jana.

God help Jana if Jim Bob and Michelle come to that realization. The poor girl doesn't need that kind of pressure

from Josiah and lawsons instagram posts he is spending Christmas day at the Duggar household, surely this means a courtship! Not seen them being discussed elsewhere and not technical enough to post a link sorry!

In the picture on Josiah's instagram he's standing between Lawson and Joy Anna. Chaperoning?

Ah I'm so confused by this whole situation! I've been thinking for a while it's a Bates boy/Joy Anna link but sometimes think they're just messing with us.

Back to my Christmas booze...

I'm almost positive that Bates kids have spent Christmas with the Duggars in previous years as well.

37 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

I'm almost positive that Bates kids have spent Christmas with the Duggars in previous years as well.

The did last year or the year before, at least. But I think that was also near a mission trip; like I think they stopped over on their way to or from. 

2 hours ago, actuallyjessica said:

Didn't you hear? Lawson is courting Anna.

I think she'd have to be divorced first..... He's not Josh's brother, so he can't biblically inherit her (not that I think that counts unless he's dead). 

Famy just posted on insta, and it appears there are a few Batesesss at the Duggar manse.

On 16.12.2015 at 8:41 AM, isarhenne said:

I have the feeling she doesn't want to have anything different anymore. the Josh scandals may have been more proof for them how evil the world is and that you need to shut yourself away even more than before.

This is a good point. How sad to think the scandals might have the exact opposite effect of what needs to happen!

20 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

JB is probably trying hard to get a courtship with a Bateseseseses. Double the TV shows. 

JB may have it. Famy's Xmas Instagram video shows Joe Duggar and Carlin Bates sitting very close in the Duggar living room last night.

Why would a courtship save the show? We have already seen three courtships. What could possibly be new in the next courtship that we haven't already seen? No one is going to do anything outside their wheelhouse so no potential non-Duggar mate is going to steer a Duggar to college or a non-Duggar lifestyle. If anything, the next one will be firmly planted in the Gothard way. We are just going to see the same type of made up scenes already shown.

I also don't understand the idea that a Jana courtship will save the show. There are no breakout stars in the Duggar family whereby one carries the show and could venture out on their own in TV land.  It's not like Jana is the Duggar it girl and ratings will be huge. This isn't Friends. I think that for most people the Duggar kids are interchangeable. We have seen two of the girls court and marry, what's the big deal about a third?  I don't see why people most people, outside of FJ, will care that Jana is getting married. How many ways can you spin a Duggar courtship? 

I'm actually kind of shocked they haven't talked about Josiah's failed courtship on the show. Wouldn't that peak interest? Or does that ruin their "perfect" image?

1 minute ago, HarleyQuinn said:

I'm actually kind of shocked they haven't talked about Josiah's failed courtship on the show. Wouldn't that peak interest? Or does that ruin their "perfect" image?

I would be interested to see this, but would feel horrible for Josiah. If he really liked Marjorie and wanted the courtship, it could be painful for him to talk about. I imagine JBoob and Mullet would coerce him into doing the show, especially now that the gravy train is slowing down and they are desperate for specials.

Considering JB seems to dislike Josiah, you would think he'd put him in the spotlight to get his sick pleasure out of it. 

2 hours ago, HarleyQuinn said:

JB is probably trying hard to get a courtship with a Bateseseseses. Double the TV shows. 

I can see a few Duggar/Bates pairings (as the kids genuinely seem to get along well with each other as opposed to their parents who have more of a frenemy relationship).   But here's the problem (and it's been discussed here before).  JB wants malleable yes men for his daughters and does not want them leaving NWA.  A Bates boy would move his bride to TN where he's already established in something and has a way of providing.  Something tells me JB would rather have another lawn boy that he can control than a man with a business/job out of state.

As for a Duggar boy with a Bates girl--- the only two single Bates girls of courting age (or close) are Tori and Carlin.  They are both very outspoken and as far from a submissive little helpmeet as a fundie girl could get (I could see Johannah Duggar becoming like this if it's not beaten out of her).  I think JB would rather have his boys marry someone like Anna, who is a submissive little helpmeet (Tori or Carlin probably would have kicked Josh to the curb).  

On December 24, 2015 at 5:25 PM, goldfishgoddess said:

I was struck by the latest Counting On special, how Jinger appeared like a little girl.  She's been emotionally stunted by this family, and unable to spread her wings and embrace adulthood.  When she began crying on the special about her brother, Josh, I just wanted to give her a hug and tell her to grab tight to her own life and not let her family's life and troubles eclipse her own chance for happiness.

Yeah I've lost a lot of hope for Jinger, of course I'm still rooting for her and she's still the Duggar girl I relate to most, but it seems like JB and Michelle have really broke her. I hate to say it because I try to refrain from commenting on other peoples weight, but Jinger looks very thin too, I hope she's eating enough! I've heard that eating disorders are suprisingly common with fundie girls because they are under so much pressure to look "perfect" and "feminine" for men.

1 hour ago, 19 cats and counting said:

I can see a few Duggar/Bates pairings (as the kids genuinely seem to get along well with each other as opposed to their parents who have more of a frenemy relationship).   But here's the problem (and it's been discussed here before).  JB wants malleable yes men for his daughters and does not want them leaving NWA.  A Bates boy would move his bride to TN where he's already established in something and has a way of providing.  Something tells me JB would rather have another lawn boy that he can control than a man with a business/job out of state.

As for a Duggar boy with a Bates girl--- the only two single Bates girls of courting age (or close) are Tori and Carlin.  They are both very outspoken and as far from a submissive little helpmeet as a fundie girl could get (I could see Johannah Duggar becoming like this if it's not beaten out of her).  I think JB would rather have his boys marry someone like Anna, who is a submissive little helpmeet (Tori or Carlin probably would have kicked Josh to the curb).  

In one of the courtship/wedding episodes the Dugggars said some of the kids will leave Arkansas after marriage. Jill said something like. "Some of us will live in different states or countries". 

Marjorie didn't seem like a "submissive little helpmeet" She wore pants!!!!!!!!!!!

On 12/24/2015 at 5:20 PM, Toothfairy said:

The only courtship that will save the show is Jana.

You really think so? I'm not so sure, I would love it if Jana got married, but she is so quiet, and I think quite over the old TLC fame thing.  I would think it would be very dull, she is going to the ultimate fundy wife, prim proper and loaded with children. Personally I think Joe Josiah or Joy would be the best bets.  Josiah and Joy appear very outgoing and fun (well as fun as fundies are allowed to be).  And there is something about Joe, that makes me think he would be a passionate, fun loving husband/father.  Honestly, he reminds me of my husband when I first met him.  Very quiet with a hint of cheeky personality. 

Archived