IGNORED

John Shrader Pt 6: Asinine Alliterations About African Adventures Aplenty!

happy atheist

• Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply

She's 34. They've been married almost 15 years and she's got about 10 more years of fertility. She could easily have 5-7 more kids after this current one. :(

On 12/17/2015 at 10:35 AM, formergothardite said:

For a man who criticized pastors who go to Zambia and build things instead of making the Zambians raise the money and build it themselves, John sure is building a whole lot of shit.

I think it's kind of funny.  It took John a long time to realize the Zambians weren't going to waste money and time building crap they don't want or need.  I guess now he figures he needs to make it look good for Daddy's church, so he's going to build stuff whether they like it or not.

9 hours ago, anjulibai said:

She's 34. They've been married almost 15 years and she's got about 10 more years of fertility. She could easily have 5-7 more kids after this current one. :(

This is depressing to think about. Esther is only 4 years older than me and already she has so many kids. I do hope she'll be alright giving birth with such limited healthcare options.

4 hours ago, Sweet Fellowship said:

This is depressing to think about. Esther is only 4 years older than me and already she has so many kids. I do hope she'll be alright giving birth with such limited healthcare options.

She's already given birth once in Zambia (Stephen last year)... does anybody remember? Wasn't there some drama during that delivery?

Surprisingly, no, as far as I remember. Especially after her two week long labor while she was ill with the one before (while John posted about his juice cleanse) and the previous labor that was affected by the radiation from Fukushima.

On 12/18/2015 at 3:03 PM, Gimme a Free RV said:

I can just hear him speaking out about it in a video, in his fake accent:

Stah Woahs eez a very bed movie becooz Satan eez pohtrehed by eeevil peepul een ungoadly costooms. When dey sey: "Mey de Foos bee with Yooo" dey are really seying: "Satan eez de rulah and yooo must wuhship heeem."  I sey, "Mey Goad beee with yoooo and mey yoooo alwehz read de Keeeng Jehms Bible and neveh, eveh leesen to Roak and Roal moosik, which eez also from de devil heeemself.

Now, excuse me while I tehk time to poast theez on Fehsboook.

That fake Zambian accent, as transcribed here, really makes me think you're communicating in LOLspeech...and my feline headships confirmed it. :my_wink:

Back to John discussing his fleshly nature, which is a super odd Christmas post to make. 

Oh how I long for Christ to completely eradicate my fleshly nature, and that glorious day is coming, but for now He must needs continue to teach me and enable me by His Grace to walk the Calvary Road.

"He must needs continue"? 

I implore and beseech you to please continue praying for us, but especially for me, that, if the Lord tarry, this coming year finds me constantly on the Calvary Road

Is this just more attention whoring, or is there something going on that John feels slightly guilty about, but can't stop doing? He includes a picture of the book Calvary Road which, from what I remember, is about dealing with personal sin. 

7 hours ago, formergothardite said:

s this just more attention whoring, or is there something going on that John feels slightly guilty about, but can't stop doing? He includes a picture of the book Calvary Road which, from what I remember, is about dealing with personal sin. 

Masturbation?

John actually asks for prayers for something that isn't him! He asks for prayers for Burundi. He then moves into a very convoluted prayer for himself. It basically sounds like him trying to justify kicking the men out of the one house so he and his family can move in.

We've been pushing so hard over these last few months, but as the men move out of the house we were renting for the church to meet in and them to live in, that means we have a place to move to. Available and affordable rental homes big enough for our family and ministry are almost impossible to find here in Kafue, so not having to search for another place is such a blessing.

No mention of where the men are moving. 

Another blessing is that the house we've been renting (The "house on the hill") is in very rough shape. I'll post some pics after we move out

Didn't he talk about how wonderful this house was? What happened? 

John paid the landlady a few months rent upfront to finish the house on the hill so that they could move in?

I'm thinking that the funds may be drying up? Daddy's congregation have seen the light!!

11 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

Another blessing is that the house we've been renting (The "house on the hill") is in very rough shape. I'll post some pics after we move out

And how is the house being in rough shape "a blessing"? :confused:

6 minutes ago, church_of_dog said:

And how is the house being in rough shape "a blessing"? :confused:

I think he was trying to say that it is a blessing that they can kick the men out to move into the church because the house they are currently living in is in such bad shape. He made a video that showed the house when they moved in and it wasn't in bad shape, so I'm not sure what happened between now and then. 

9 minutes ago, Gobsmacked said:

John paid the landlady a few months rent upfront to finish the house on the hill so that they could move in?

I'm thinking that the funds may be drying up? Daddy's congregation have seen the light!!

Yes, John did put down a large amount of rent money at the beginning. It probably has run out and John can't afford to pay it. Easier to claim that the landlady is demon possessed and that the house is in horrible shape than to admit he is running low on funds. 

Here is the video with the house:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MXrQwqc5Ync

7 hours ago, formergothardite said: s this just more attention whoring, or is there something going on that John feels slightly guilty about, but can't stop doing? He includes a picture of the book Calvary Road which, from what I remember, is about dealing with personal sin. 

Masturbation?

It's ALWAYS masturbation. Whenever a female would come to me and say, "hey trynn, I need to talk to you, but it's really private and you can't tell anyone, but there's this sin I'm really--"

"Oh dear god.... I am NOT in the mood to hear about your masturbation issues."

"How did you know? Who told you?"

"You did." And then I walk away, leaving them confused.

9 times out of ten, it's is masturbation. If I put money on it if he a rich person.

John also says: Please pray for my back, the lack of sleep had put me in a weakened state, it's already gone out twice, and is over the edge.

I was thinking the lack of sleep might explain the flurry of posts on his page over the last couple of days. They seem a bit... scattered.  :my_confused:

He is so obsessed with HIMSELF.  Why one earth did he ever decide he should become a missionary?  If you were to analyze his posts it would be 9/10ths about himself, 0.5 % about his family and 0.5% about the people he is ministering to.  I cannot imagine there is anyone less suited to be a missionary than John.

I'm not super old, but when I was a kid, the internet was in its infancy. In retrospect, I think it was relatively "easy" for missionaries (in pre internet days) to go to their mission field, give a basic general report annually to their supporting churches, and let the money/checks roll in.

In this day-and-age, it is much more difficult, because we can all do a "background check". I have to say, I can't see how a "John Shrader" type does not arouse some questioning and a few alarm bells. I know that he would have done in my very fundie church.

2 hours ago, SledCat said:

I'm not super old, but when I was a kid, the internet was in its infancy. In retrospect, I think it was relatively "easy" for missionaries (in pre internet days) to go to their mission field, give a basic general report annually to their supporting churches, and let the money/checks roll in.

In this day-and-age, it is much more difficult, because we can all do a "background check". I have to say, I can't see how a "John Shrader" type does not arouse some questioning and a few alarm bells. I know that he would have done in my very fundie church.

I think he was very charismatic during the deputation stage and churches got drawn into his grand ideas. It is very telling, though, that he lost a lot of support the moment he got to Africa and started showing how completely inept he is. I suspect maintaining support in the long run is going to be a huge problem for him. 

ETA: He is now posting about how correction is only seen as judgment when someone loves sin and "am I therefore become your enemy because I tell you the truth?" I bet John insulted someone by pointing out a "sin" and this is his passive-aggressive way of rubbing it in that he is only trying to help. John needs to work on the logs in his own eyes before he lectures others about their life. 

11 hours ago, formergothardite said:

I think he was very charismatic during the deputation stage and churches got drawn into his grand ideas. It is very telling, though, that he lost a lot of support the moment he got to Africa and started showing how completely inept he is. I suspect maintaining support in the long run is going to be a huge problem for him. 

ETA: He is now posting about how correction is only seen as judgment when someone loves sin and "am I therefore become your enemy because I tell you the truth?" I bet John insulted someone by pointing out a "sin" and this is his passive-aggressive way of rubbing it in that he is only trying to help. John needs to work on the logs in his own eyes before he lectures others about their life. 

Dude's got a sequoia forest in those peepers.

7 hours ago, nastyhobbitses said:

Dude's got a sequoia forest in those peepers.

How I would LOVE to see that posted on his FB page!

I'm almost done reading Barbara Kingsolver's Poisonwood Bible.  I dont remember which member(s) initially pointed out the similarities between the missionary in the book and John Shrader but...wow!  If you follow John's threads on FJ, then I really think you'd find this book very interesting.

Not sure if everyone else is following the predictions for 2016 thread? 

If not I would love to read here your predictions for the Shraders in Zambia

here are mine copied and pasted

Shraders

Dickhead John moves him & his family to a different part of Africa 

satan attacks John

illness again for John (this is too easy)

girl for Esther

no pregnancy 

Satan attacks John

john visits USA again but doesn't take anyone else with him. Selfish prick

loses some support- satan attacks

some trouble with the Zambian govt

Also think no plane

lots of alliterations 

john continues 90% posts about him 8% about ministry 2% about family. No I won't be counting ;)

• happy atheist locked this topic

Archived