IGNORED

John Shrader Pt 6: Asinine Alliterations About African Adventures Aplenty!

happy atheist

@Granwych:  Oh, THANK YOU so very much for that last line, before I even had a chance to get some coffee!

However, you HAVE helped me stay severely on a holiday diet: may not have appetite for anything for, oh, 2-3 days....:my_sick:

• Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What I would give for a reaction cam video of Johns church service watching him play the accordion while they sing.
So much funny imagery right there

9 hours ago, JMO said:

I only loosely keep up on the Shaders but the newest description has me intrigued. I'd be more impressed that they are still in Africa if I didn't know they probably can't afford to move back. That and he'd have to admit he was a failure of a missionary. 

I haven't kept on the Shraders as much lately but this WTFuckery with him digging the well and tossing out his students got my interest again.  I am actually surprised that he's not gotten himself killed because his stupidity truly burns.  I can't stand to watch his videos and wonder how the population, that he send himself to serve, can even tolerate him.  

He's been pleading his Daddy to help out but the best thing Daddy Shrader can do is send plane tickets for home.

Every so often I would peek into this thread, read a bit and figure I had the general gist of who John is as a person.

I was so wrong--he's much, much worse than I had thought; it would be nearly unbelievable but for the fact much of this came from John's own words.

I had missed the whole saga of his using his sister's death for his own personal agenda. I felt queasy after reading how he used her suffering as a tool to selfishly fund his ridiculous mission.

As I went back to read the whole sick saga, I kept telling my husband, who was in the other room, what was happening in the older threads. It was way too much WTF for me to keep to myself.

Turns out he didn't realize I was on FJ--he thought I was watching a movie. He finally came into the room to ask just what the hell I'm watching, because it sounds terrible. 

I hadn't even quoted any of John's "poetry".

12 hours ago, Shoobydoo said:

Okay not to most constructive of criticism, but

What did they do to that "rib roast". They've got it all crumbled up in a baking dish like (dry!) pot roast, sitting in some anemic juice, the whole thing cooked to well-done. That is not even slightly how you cook a rib roast. You're not allowed to brag about eating "the roast to end all roasts" when you cook it like it's an old hunk of chuck you found in the back of your freezer. What a waste of food and money. [/end beef-loving foodie rant]

P.S.-- Your veggies look really overcooked. They shouldn't all be the same color like that.

I know, right??? Leave the food pics to the professionals, people.

:hello-kitty-clap:to HA for this thread's title!!

I see I need to rededicate myself to wading through the archives. I haven't reached the part where John grifted his sister's memorial money. Just when I thought it couldn't get worse...

John's prayer letter is up. He leaves out a whole lot of info like how he kicked out the men who were studying under him so that he could move into the place they were living. He left out that the well he dug most likely put someone out of business and that he only dug it once he was going to be living there with no water. It didn't seem to bother him too much when it was other people having to buy water, only when he had to do it. He leaves out that the days he had big crowds were the days he provided food. It is lots of fluff to make it seem like has been doing something in Zambia besides accumulating stuff for himself. I'm not sure that any of the churches will think deeply about John, so he will still get money. 

And John is on FB so much and he is emailing these, not mailing them, so why in the hell did it take him this long to send out the September newsletter? He has no excuse. 

For some reason, I just noticed the new thread title. A+ (or AAAAAA+ :pb_lol:)

John puts my teeth on edge. I just can't. Grrr.

5 hours ago, Crocoduck said:

:hello-kitty-clap:to HA for this thread's title!!

I see I need to rededicate myself to wading through the archives. I haven't reached the part where John grifted his sister's memorial money. Just when I thought it couldn't get worse...

The primary thing I've taken away from the Schraders: no matter what, it can always get worse.

16 hours ago, formergothardite said:

And John is on FB so much and he is emailing these, not mailing them, so why in the hell did it take him this long to send out the September newsletter? He has no excuse. 

Please, formergothardite!  Show a little compassion and understanding.  It takes TIME to make those memes he posts--you know, the ones that are profoundly touching people's lives and quoting ....

:pb_lol:

Pffft...BWAHAAHAAAA!  Nope.  Couldn't do it.  I can't be sarcastic about John without cracking up.

At least he talked about the "da plane" so please pray that it will become available.

I missed his eviction of the men from their home.... was it the cement block building they helped build?  Also can't find the roast pic.

2 hours ago, salex said:

I missed his eviction of the men from their home.... was it the cement block building they helped build?  Also can't find the roast pic.

The roast was Voddie's, not John's. Sorry for the confusion. Voddie Baucham has said it's very important to have a fancy, sit-down meal on THE LORD's day. I would be thrilled to see Shrader kids eating roast and veggies, regardless of how lacking the presentation might be. I just expected better from a VF-type guy like Voddie. :pb_confused:

John has a new video up showing off his "Timothy House". He speaks in his fake accent the whole time. He says he speaks British English now. He is building showers and bathrooms. For a man who criticized pastors who go to Zambia and build things instead of making the Zambians raise the money and build it themselves, John sure is building a whole lot of shit. 

John Esther Shrader Sorry...I forgot to switch back to American English!

1 · 2 hrs
John Esther Shrader
John Esther Shrader We speak British English and pronunciation here!

Well, I for one had no idea that British English is exclusively spoken with a fake Zambian accent.  I'm going to call up all my British relatives and tell them they're speaking incorrectly...

Somehow I suspect that when John said "we" he really meant "me" because I would be surprised if Esther is running about speaking in a fake Zambian accent. It is just another way for John to try and show off that he is "African" on the inside. 

Just watched the video, and that accent is something else. I'm surprised he hasn't had his "British English" arse kicked over there, yet. What a piece of work. :ew:

He's speaking British English now?  Does that mean he puts things in the car boot instead of the trunk, dunks biscuits instead of cookies and wears trousers over his pants?

:playful2: John you are not speaking in a British accent. You are speaking in a fake Zambian accent.

I am British. You  do not sound British. At. All.:playful2:

He's speaking British English now?  Does that mean he puts things in the car boot instead of the trunk, dunks biscuits instead of cookies and wears trousers over his pants?

Or using a cooker instead of a stove? Is he eating tomaytoes to tomahtoes?

2 hours ago, gustava said:

I'm puzzled about the eviction and well-drilling.  Is it legal?

And what happened to his "lust"? Is he over it.

I'm sooooooo confused.

I'm wondering about the legality of him buying land, building things and digging a well too. And, yes, the issue with "lust" and Satan attacking him so bad it felt like a physical assault sure did go away fast, didn't it?

3 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

I'm wondering about the legality of him buying land, building things and digging a well too. And, yes, the issue with "lust" and Satan attacking him so bad it felt like a physical assault sure did go away fast, didn't it?

"Lust" was a red herring, although I'm sure John lusts plentifully and fails to confess.  That was just a convenient "confession"  to gain support and extra prayer.  He needed a change from his usual sickness of the kiddies to pull a few heartstrings.

I think his leg-humpers are going to get a very nasty shock when John tells them that Satan has attacked again and he, in fact, bought the land illegally.  The land and all improvements still belong to the seller!

So let me get this straight because John's real estate dealings are tricky.  He originally rented an extra house for Arcade and sundry converts to live in and for church services.  He evicted them when he decided the landlady of the house on the hill was "possessed by Satan" so he could move his family there.  He then purchased land for his new church and is building a "Timothy house" for trainees on the same plot.  Do I have that right?

1 minute ago, Palimpsest said:

"Lust" was a red herring, although I'm sure John lusts plentifully and fails to confess.  That was just a convenient "confession"  to gain support and extra prayer.  He needed a change from his usual sickness of the kiddies to pull a few heartstrings.

I think his leg-humpers are going to get a very nasty shock when John tells them that Satan has attacked again and he, in fact, bought the land illegally.  The land and all improvements still belong to the seller!

So let me get this straight because John's real estate dealings are tricky.  He originally rented an extra house for Arcade and sundry converts to live in and for church services.  He evicted them when he decided the landlady of the house on the hill was "possessed by Satan" so he could move his family there.  He then purchased land for his new church and is building a "Timothy house" for trainees on the same plot.  Do I have that right?

That is correct. He purchased the land next to the place he was renting. He then dug a well and started building a "Timothy House", bathrooms and showers. He was warned by a Zambian missionary about purchasing land at one point but John brushed off all the concerns. 

• happy atheist locked this topic

Archived