IGNORED

John Shrader Pt 6: Asinine Alliterations About African Adventures Aplenty!

happy atheist

28 minutes ago, Gimme a Free RV said:

I really, really hope that in all of his fun time on the Internet, John reads here.  Of, course the truth hurts and he'd label it "persecution."

I wouldn't be surprised if he did. ShraderFriend gave me the impression that John was reading here. I don't think he would be bothered too much by us because he would view it as persecution(it isn't John), but it seems to really, really bother him when other Christians(what he views as Christian, none of the posters here count) disagree with him. And since he lost so much support so fast, I'm guessing he has a lot of Christians disagreeing with him. 

But I have never seen a missionary on the field spend this much time online. They are usually working pretty hard. Rea hasn't even been able to update since October. But John seems to do nothing but spend his life on FB. This does not reflect well on his "ministry". 

• Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's right, formergothardite. As much as I might disagree on a fundamental level with what some of these missionaries are doing, I've seen firsthand how much work some of them put in. Several that I knew had day jobs, in addition to their pastoral work, too. That's what they had to do to support their much smaller family, until the planted church grew large enough to support giving the pastor a wage.

Supplements from sending/supporting churches only go so far. John seems to be relying solely on these types of funds to support himself and his ministry.

By their fruits shall you know them.... Ha!  These fruits (Facebook posts) show that John is a lazy ass who wants to take the easy way out.  I'm sure he is fooling himself that someone will read his words and have a conversion.  I'm also sure that all of those people who have donated their hard-won income to fly John and his enormous family over to Zambia would not be thrilled at how he is spending his time.  Hey John!  No sick people around?  No hungry people?  No one who needs a hand to build their house or dig their well?  Yeah I bet Jesus would have been satisfied with writing Facebook posts if only Facebook had been invented back then.

John, stop spending so much time on the internet and go and do something, instead of leaving Esther to run around after your nine children, especially as she is pregnant right now. When's she due, did she give a date, I am sure it was spring, so that could mean very soon.

DEAR JOHN,

Yeah, you, John Shrader, Team Zambia missionary to Kafue, Zambia, Burundi, and beyond...

Since you block people on Facebook who don't agree with you and who don't help you shine that pretty little halo you made for yourself, I, as a Bible-believing Christian, come here to speak my mind freely.  I sooooo hope you see the impact your obvious waste of time on Facebook is having on those you would consider part of the harvest.  Care to tell us what you do to love, honor, and help your wife with the children you fathered?  How about a report on something that doesn't try to put you on a pedestal?

How about answering the following, TRUTHFULLY?

Where is the plane?

When are you gonna stop posting about the grudge you're holding against the Rheas?

When are you going to practice forgiveness and humility?

When are you going to start learning the language?

When are you going to pay as much attention to your family and neighbors as you do to your Facebook page?

When are you going to lift up Jesus and give Him glory rather than seeking it for yourself?

When will you finally realize you DON'T know it all and that you have much, much more to learn?

1 hour ago, Gimme a Free RV said:

DEAR JOHN,

*snip*

When will you finally realize you DON'T know it all and that you have much, much more to learn?

You know it's funny... I feel like I read somewhere that pride goeth before... something... and a haughty spirit before... what was it? But it's a pretty obscure quote, one John probably shouldn't be familiar with. 

Does he really block people who disagree with him? I'm not surprised. John is like Lori, he is ALWAYS RIGHT. 

Rea has kept pretty quiet about what went on between him and Shrader, which is the wise and mature thing to do. But I would love, love, love to know his side of the story. I really don't believe John's version with Rea attacking him about doctrinal issues. I would like to read the letter that went out, because I bet it is actually nothing like John describes. Something big happened when he first got there that made churches immediately start questioning if they should support him. A missionary doesn't lose their sending church and most of their support without having screwed up big time.

My guess it had to do with John spending lots of money on himself or asking for more money(which might be why he constantly reminds us he doesn't ask for money) and the churches asking that he show some proof of an actual ministry before they are willing to send more money. This gets spun into some complicated doctrinal issue and Rea realizes that he can't control John at all, so they split. The sending church and other churches realize he is a liability and will be a drain on resources, so they drop him. 

John had been given an astounding amount of money that he basically spent on himself before he even arrived in Zambia and he has managed to, through his father and exploiting his sister's death, get lots more money. I have never seen a missionary with this little of a ministry spend this much money. His supporting churches need to add up the amount of money John has spend and compare it to their other missionaries. 

13 hours ago, formergothardite said:

Does he really block people who disagree with him? I'm not surprised. John is like Lori, he is ALWAYS RIGHT. 

Yes.  He banned me (while they were still living in the first house) when I disagreed with him on something.  He was his usual, condescending self:  "Madame, I have nothing more to say to you."  Funny thing, though.  I messaged one of his FB "friends" who is also a missionary in Zambia (he runs a chilren's school) who also seemed to question John's line of thinking.  The missionary told me John had a need to always be right and could not be reasoned with.

I think your hypothesis about John's overspending and unwise $ choices are spot on.  I also think you have a valid point (which hadn't occurred to me before you mentioned it) about him always pointing out that he didn't ask for money when it miraculously came his way.  He apparently had been hand-slapped for begging too much, too often.

14 hours ago, Gimme a Free RV said:

Funny thing, though.  I messaged one of his FB "friends" who is also a missionary in Zambia (he runs a chilren's school) who also seemed to question John's line of thinking.  The missionary told me John had a need to always be right and could not be reasoned with.

John is completely unreasonable. I wish people would have realized this before they shipped him over to Zambia. 

I had a scary dream about John last night. I was in Zambia and he kidnapped me and was trying to convert me. I managed to get on his computer and contacted FJ members to come save me and nobody would until I found out about the plane. I was a bit miffed. 

John is back to ranting about music. No mention of his love for Esther or anything yesterday. He probably doesn't celebrate the holiday, though. 

Music is the "Trojan Horse" by which Satan has gained access to Bible believing homes and churches.

Oh that God's people would open their eyes to the destruction and ruin which has been wrought by the failed attempt to produce a holy utterance with an unholy alliance of the godless and rebellious tunes, tones and rhythms of a lost world, in a hopeless pursuit to produce so-called "Contemporary 'christian' music"

Have ABSOLUTELY no musical background here, but I kinda wonder whether people at the time might have been sorta-kinda-shocked about the liberties that JS Bach and/or Handel took with holy music and/or Sacred Scripture. Perhaps for that time, it was the equivalent of Contempo-Christian.

FWIW: When I hear St. Matthew's Passion or Messiah, even though a born-again Pagan, it makes me want to weep for the beauty and the power and the joy of the instruments and the singers---did the Blessed Eternal give them a glimpse of Heaven to help drive creation?

I wonder if John is having a hard time with the local music he's likely hearing in Zambia. From my World Music classes in college, I remember that African music is incredibly rich and diverse, and filled with drums and other percussion instruments. The rhythms popular in modern rock music and thus contemporary Christian music have their roots in the rhythms of music African slaves brought to the Americas. 

1 hour ago, formergothardite said:

I managed to get on his computer and contacted FJ members to come save me and nobody would until I found out about the plane. I was a bit miffed.

That's cold! I can't say it's unrealistic though; FJ's thirst for juicy gossip knows no bounds, people's safety be gosh-darned.

3 hours ago, formergothardite said:

John is completely unreasonable. I wish people would have realized this before they shipped him over to Zambia. 

I had a scary dream about John last night. I was in Zambia and he kidnapped me and was trying to convert me. I managed to get on his computer and contacted FJ members to come save me and nobody would until I found out about the plane. I was a bit miffed. 

John is back to ranting about music. No mention of his love for Esther or anything yesterday. He probably doesn't celebrate the holiday, though. 

This cracked me up no end. You had one job, FG!  :pb_lol:

The Zambian music we heard during our (far too short) time there was brilliant.

Drums, singing, guitars, local instruments made of gourds .

John is being very very rude. Even for him.

1 hour ago, Gobsmacked said:

The Zambian music we heard during our (far too short) time there was brilliant.

Drums, singing, guitars, local instruments made of gourds .

John is being very very rude. Even for him.

He shipped a piano over there. I'm sure he thinks THEY are rude for not immediately dropping their culture and taking up his. 

His post has this wonderful comment:

Music isn't AMORAL! A gun is!

He probably isn't even talking about the Zambian music, although I imagine that factors in. He pays way more attention to what's going on in the US than than anything that's happening around him.

9 hours ago, samira_catlover said:

Have ABSOLUTELY no musical background here, but I kinda wonder whether people at the time might have been sorta-kinda-shocked about the liberties that JS Bach and/or Handel took with holy music and/or Sacred Scripture. Perhaps for that time, it was the equivalent of Contempo-Christian.

THIS!

Yes! There were musicians/composers back in the day who were maligned for everything from the chord progressions to the instrumentation they employed in sacred music.  At one time, the organ was considered a very secular instrument and its use in church not to be considered. There was actually a musical interval (Was it a minor 5th?  I can't remember.) that was avoided in sacred music and a particular diminished chord called "the devil's chord."

Even today...I'm not kidding...there exists a school of thought in IFB by some that Handel's "Messiah" should not be performed in church because...(Are you sitting down?)...Handel was paid to compose it!  Um.  Hello?  And the choir anthems sung in those same churches and in churches far and wide were written and arranged by talented musicians as a hobby?

As a matter of fact, Handel's job was to compose music for the English King.  "The Messiah" is nothing but scripture set to music, and if you're familiar with it, you know how glorious it is.

As a church musician, I would love to ring John's neck over this much ado about nothing.  (Yet another time-waster on FB when he could have been helping his precious valentine with the kids.)

Really, though, I'd love to tie Servant John to a chair and force him to listen to contemporary Christian music.  The really good stuff with a solid message.

I want to thank John for his election and music advice, which neither one I am going to take. How does he have so much time and money to do all of his postings? When I am there, we spend 12 hours a day training and internet time is expensive. I guess I am just not one of god's chosen.:evil-laugh:

6 hours ago, countressrascal said:

I want to thank John for his election and music advice, which neither one I am going to take. How does he have so much time and money to do all of his postings? When I am there, we spend 12 hours a day training and internet time is expensive. I guess I am just not one of god's chosen.:evil-laugh:

He has so much time because he seems to do nothing. He has the money thanks to the gullible congregation of Daddy Shrader's church.

Surely some aren't blind to John's BS? I hope so.

I have to believe that even daddy's church is going to tire of sending money to John eventually. At least some folks in that church have to be smart enough to start questioning things. 

ETA:

I find it strange and a bit troublesome that he has stopped posting videos and pictures of his children. If you look at his youtube channel, when he first arrived, he posted lots of videos that included the children, now you rarely see a picture of them or Esther. 

On 14.2.2016 at 4:20 AM, Gimme a Free RV said:

Where is the plane?

do you guys seriously think that john indeed bought this ghost plane I mean sometimes i feel that he never bought it or he gave it to john-david duggar or he gave it as a bribery to some zambian official so he could parasite in paradise 

4 hours ago, Sweet Fellowship said:

Surely some aren't blind to John's BS? I hope so.

only problem is that they are probably not allowed to address "holy" John's brown coloured empty shell actions, at least in the world of John 

btw is it possible to have following post count titles ? 

trojan horse by satan 

Music isn't AMORAL! A gun is!

6 hours ago, formergothardite said:

I find it strange and a bit troublesome that he has stopped posting videos and pictures of his children. If you look at his youtube channel, when he first arrived, he posted lots of videos that included the children, now you rarely see a picture of them or Esther. 

I absolutely agree!  In the inital videos, he was prompting his kids to call themselves missionaries.  He would interview them (and feed them the answers to his questions), and we saw Esther and heard about her fledgling ministry to the local women.  We see and hear nothing of that anymore.

Something's up.

• happy atheist locked this topic

Archived