IGNORED

John Shrader Pt 6: Asinine Alliterations About African Adventures Aplenty!

happy atheist

46 minutes ago, withaj said:

Is he really calling the gift "supernatural"? Because that's all sorts of anti-fundie!

He did. It isn't the first time. He claims the "Lord" supernaturally provides all the money for things John wants. It couldn't possible be that his Dad knows what John wants and hints around for money. No, that makes no sense in John's world. In his world the money just rolls in whenever he wants something. 

• Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Electrifying Account of Continued and Tremendous Provision for the "Timothy House"!

Sounds like Troy McClure's next movie after "The Contrabulous Fabtraption of Professor Horatio Hufnagel."

I also love how he precedes his statement by saying "as a man..."  Yes, Glenn, we know, you have a penis and therefore your opinion is more important than mine when it comes to my body.  Trust me, we know it every. single. day.

There are cultures where Esther's display of her hair, face, ankles, and wrists would be scandalous.  

There's a way to turn these men off? And I can do it by dressing up as a prostitute? Cool! Where do I buy these clothes?

Seriously, I wear baggy sweatpants and hoodies and guys keep arguing with me about how I will not give them my phone number. Like seriously, you're creepy, I don't even know you or I've seen you twice for ten minutes total: GO AWAY.

It's like it has nothing to do with clothing or something....

So, I have 2 cats - or Feline Headships, if you prefer. They get a little nibble of wet food every evening and it is the absolute highlight of their days. Our older cat knows damn well where the food comes from, to the point of trying to climb into the refrigerator to grab the can!

The younger cat hasn't figured this out yet and just gets on his hind legs and looks up at the ceiling until his bowl hits the floor. DH and I joke that he's waiting for his "Food From the Sky!"

Much like my 2 year old cat, John honestly seems to think $$ comes from the sky! :kitty-shifty:

Have just visited Johns face book page. He has signed the post about the electricfication of the Timothy House as Bro Shrader (etc) missionaries to Zambia, Burundi and beyond.

A tad odd?

John likes to compare himself to A.W. Tozer, doesn't he? 

Tozer was spot on, and I HAVE been accused by those I thought were my closest friends for preaching the same thing...

Bro Shrader?!  Seriously?

Missionary to Barundi and beyond...I'm guessing that Zambia has turned out to be less wild and "uncivilized" than John was hoping for.  Less Jungle Cruise Ride at Disneyland and more Main Street, small town anywhere.  After all he does dress like Jungle Jim and no doubt in his mind he pictured saving locals from the witch doctors, fighting off Rhinos, and using a machete to build a hut for Esther. The reality has turned out to be more mundane, less romantic.  Maybe Barundi will be more like the deepest darkest Africa of his childish mind.

16 minutes ago, Handmaiden of Dog said:

Bro Shrader?!  Seriously?

Missionary to Barundi and beyond...I'm guessing that Zambia has turned out to be less wild and "uncivilized" than John was hoping for.  Less Jungle Cruise Ride at Disneyland and more Main Street, small town anywhere.  After all he does dress like Jungle Jim and no doubt in his mind he pictured saving locals from the witch doctors, fighting off Rhinos, and using a machete to build a hut for Esther. The reality has turned out to be more mundane, less romantic.  Maybe Barundi will be more like the deepest darkest Africa of his childish mind.

I think he sees himself as a missionary to Burundi because he's "training" Arcade and Jolis, who will presumably return to Burundi at some point. No way in hell will he be venturing to a place so war-torn himself. WAY too dangerous. Like, actually dangerous, not Kapolo John dangerous.

I think he may try to move on to Zimbabwe once he wears out his welcome in Kafue, though.

I found out today that there is a Baptist seminary in Lusaka.  Of course, it existed before John's imposition on Zambia, so we can be sure it isn't the "right" kind of Baptist seminary training the "right" kind of indigenous pastors..

6 hours ago, Gimme a Free RV said:

I found out today that there is a Baptist seminary in Lusaka.  Of course, it existed before John's imposition on Zambia, so we can be sure it isn't the "right" kind of Baptist seminary training the "right" kind of indigenous pastors..

Isn't there an IFB seminary in Zambia already? I remember checking when John was heading that way talking about how Zambia needed him and there didn't seem to be a lack of IFB in Zambia. It says a lot about John that not even other IFB are good enough for him. He is God's Special Snowflake missionary. 

He posted this article:

http://www.missionsdilemma.com/have-we-found-a-solution/

He doesn't seem to realize that he is exactly the kind of missionary that this article is criticizing. 

Let’s not spend $1500 per person multiplied by 10 people (a total of $15,000), to paint a couple of little single room school huts that only cost $3,000 to build

How much money was spent sending John and his large family over to Zambia and how much is being spent on them each month that they stay in Zambia? This is something that I would really like to know because I bet the number is shockingly high. We once added up what we could and it was an unbelievable amount of money John was spending on himself. 

How many Zambians could have been helped with this money. If they really needed a teacher to train Zambian pastors, it only makes sense to send a single man or a couple with no children. Sending a large family of missionaries is not a wise use of money. 

Discipleship can rarely be achieved in a week or two, by people who can’t speak the local trade language and don’t have any knowledge of the local culture. There are exceptions, but they are rare.

Discipleship also can't be achieved by a long term missionary who doesn't bother to learn the language and insists on living an American lifestyle instead of living like local people do. 

Let’s not spend funds given to take Christ’s Gospel to desperate, hopeless people, to send “Vacationaries” on adventure trips so they can call themselves “Missionaries.

John is basically on a long-term vacation. He is living a better life than he did in America. He doesn't appear to really work. He comes up with ideas and then his daddy finds the funds for John's new project. 

But, did you know, that the USA is also the largest missionary receiving country in the world? We wonder why other countries would send missionaries here to the world’s most evangelized country. They wonder why we send hundreds of thousands of our people to hand out tracts to people we can’t speak to, to do Vacation Bible School for local churches who are entirely capable of doing it for themselves, or to build houses for people whose brothers are building our houses here.

If John wanted to save souls, he could do it here in America while working a job and supporting his family. He didn't need to go to Zambia. John wanted to go to Zambia so he could live out his missionary fantasy. This is not about helping others, this is about John helping John. 

3 hours ago, formergothardite said:

He doesn't seem to realize that he is exactly the kind of missionary that this article is criticizing. 

Or maybe he does realize, since on his Facebook he is careful to make a distinction about why his mission is different from that being criticized:

I also realize that some might suggest that we are participating in dependency missions ourselves with the Timothy House, church plot, and roof structure.

I understand the point, but God has brought a unique opportunity for us to have a place to train men from another Nation that has no Biblical Baptist Missionaries at all.

You might bamboozle your contributors, John, but you can't fool us.  :kitty-shifty:

9 minutes ago, CTRLZero said:

Or maybe he does realize, since on his Facebook he is careful to make a distinction about why his mission is different from that being criticized:

I also realize that some might suggest that we are participating in dependency missions ourselves with the Timothy House, church plot, and roof structure.

I understand the point, but God has brought a unique opportunity for us to have a place to train men from another Nation that has no Biblical Baptist Missionaries at all.

You might bamboozle your contributors, John, but you can't fool us.  :kitty-shifty:

I swear that wasn't there when I read it around 5:30ish this morning! Did anyone else see it with just an couple sentences about how the article shows a real problem with missions? I had left it up on my computer and came back later to write about it here. It doesn't say edited, though. So either I missed that entire paragraph(it is possible I had not had a cup of coffee) or John realized that he needed to clarify that HE wasn't a missionary like the ones in the article and reposted the article with the clarification . 

The thing about John is that before he came to Zambia he criticized missionaries who were doing the exact things he is doing now. He made such a huge deal about how he would buy nothing for the Zambians and if they wanted a church or any sort of buildings for training they would have to pay for it themselves because it would be ungodly for him to help out. When none of the Zambians showed any inclination to build churches or buildings for John to teach in, "God" suddenly told him it was okay for him to build things for the Zambians. He is such a hypocrite. 

5 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

John realized that he needed to clarify that HE wasn't a missionary like the ones in the article

He probably posted, then began sweating over how the people who give him money might think he was the type of missionary the article's author is talking about (which he is, right down to his me-me-me tracts).    He probably did repost to add the "but I'm different" language.

That article could be written about the Duggars and their annual trip to Honduras, and especially about Jill and Derick's long term vacation in Central America. 

what the author, the son of Jim and Elizabeth Elliot,

John needs to read up on his missionaries. Steve Saint is not the son of Jim and Elizabeth Elliot he is the son of Nate Saint, another missionary who was killed at the same time Jim Elliot was killed. Jim and Elizabeth only had a daughter named Valerie. 

Interesting fact that I learned when I met Elizabeth at EXCEL was that after the death of her second husband she rented out rooms in her house to two men. Elizabeth went on to marry the one of the men. Valerie married the other.  

4 hours ago, formergothardite said:

Interesting fact that I learned when I met Elizabeth at EXCEL was that after the death of her second husband she rented out rooms in her house to two men. Elizabeth went on to marry the one of the men. Valerie married the other.  

Oooo, SCANDALOUS! May li'l Spurge Duggar live up to his namesake and be a great playa (or not.)

What will staying in Zambia long-term with his quiverfull of children accomplish?  His children may grow up to fall in love with Zambians.  Something tells me John would have a huge problem with that kind of scenario. If that were to happen, I'd LOVE to see him try to justify his indignation with scripture.  

2 hours ago, Gimme a Free RV said:

What will staying in Zambia long-term with his quiverfull of children accomplish?  His children may grow up to fall in love with Zambians.  Something tells me John would have a huge problem with that kind of scenario. If that were to happen, I'd LOVE to see him try to justify his indignation with scripture.  

There are dozens of verses that can be interpreted to mean Christians are not to enter mixed-race marriages. It's one of the justifications people used to keep interracial marriages illegal for generations.

I think the truly biblical interpretation doesn't really speak to race as long as the people involved share the same beliefs. But then again, John is a lot more likely to quote Tozer or his daddy than the bible. Even if he makes it several years in Zambia, I suspect his return to the US might be neatly timed for when his children should start looking for spouses.

In the last 24 hours, I count around 16 new posts on John Shrader's facebook page. Most of that is just a bunch of "shares" about political topics, and creation science... He has way too much time on his hands. He could have a thriving "facebook ministry" from the US... oh yeah, and a day job too.

I'd ask how a man with so many children has so much time to spend on social media but I know the task of raising the children falls on Esther and the older girls. He's not homeschooling, working, helping with housework or anything else. His only job seems to be making up accomplishments to justify his existence. I do agree, however, that Esther and the kids seem to at least have an actual roof over their heads, something he couldn't manage in the United States. Of course, we know it isn't John providing said roof.

I really, really hope that in all of his fun time on the Internet, John reads here.  Of, course the truth hurts and he'd label it "persecution."

24 minutes ago, Gimme a Free RV said:

I really, really hope that in all of his fun time on the Internet, John reads here.  Of, course the truth hurts and he'd label it "persecution."

Yes, Eleventy!!!1111!!!!!!!!!!!11111!!!!

He is a pratt of ginormous proportions.

• happy atheist locked this topic

Archived