IGNORED

"Christian" author robbed movie theater cause Freemasons

47of74

A "Christian" author has been arrested for armed robbery of a movie theater, and blamed it on the Freemasons. 

The victim, an assistant manager at the movie theater, said the suspect walked into the theater wearing a “life-like mask” and had a handgun. The suspect then reportedly ordered the victim to open the safe, took a “large sum of money”, placed it into a backpack and walked out of the front doors towards the parking lot.

The manager followed the suspect out towards the parking lot, tackled him, and disarmed him of his BB gun. He also removed the mask from the suspect’s face.

Police have identified the suspect as 33-year-old Britton Clayton Traylor of Hoover. Traylor reportedly told authorities he is a Christian author.

Hoover Police Capt. Gregg Rector said Traylor claimed the robbery attempt was an initiation into the Free Masons. Rector said police do not believe the incident had anything to do a Free Mason initiation.

Yeah he sounds like a real nice guy.  He's been arrested several times before for things like theft.  Checking the Googles it looks like most of his writings are of the rather fundie variety.  (I am not visiting his site to learn more).

His website seems to try to show itself as a conservative Christian news source while also promoting a book he wrote about how everyone is going to hell aka "the new order".

Wacko.

I didn't know freemasonry was a conservative Christian bugbear anymore. Traditionalist Catholics are still obsessed with the masons, because continental lodges actually used to be hotbeds of small-r republicanism and anticlericalism, but as far as I can tell, American freemasonry has always been about wearing funny clothes and having secret handshakes. Anyway, I think this guy was probably low on cash, thought he could get away with robbery, and now that he's under arrest is blaming everyone but himself. So much for "personal responsibility."

I didn't know freemasonry was a conservative Christian bugbear anymore. Traditionalist Catholics are still obsessed with the masons, because continental lodges actually used to be hotbeds of small-r republicanism and anticlericalism, but as far as I can tell, American freemasonry has always been about wearing funny clothes and having secret handshakes. Anyway, I think this guy was probably low on cash, thought he could get away with robbery, and now that he's under arrest is blaming everyone but himself. So much for "personal responsibility."

And according to The Huntsville Time he arrived in his Porsche 911 Carerra.  They didn't say what year it is and to be fair it could've been an older one than he bought used.  New ones are about $100 grand and even ones 15 years old can cost more than a new regular car.

And yes I've noticed that for a lot of these people "personal responsibility" only applies to other people.

My dad was a mason, but my older brothers always called it the Ku Klux Klan.  I was very confused for a long time. We didn't even have the Klan in England. Big brothers can be a pain.

Weird story.  I have come across some writings from different Christians(both Protestant and Catholic) who are against Freemasonry. My cousin's father in law is a mason. My cousin's husband was raised Methodist and when he got engaged to my cousin he decided to convert Catholicism. Years later, my cousin's husband considered becoming a mason and was conflicted because of the Catholic church. He later found out that a Catholic friend was also a mason and again almost joined.

Well, that's right up there with "I wasn't me, your honor! The devil made me do it!" Both are just as believable. Personally, I'd attribute everything insane I do on Cthulhu or Gozer. At the very least, it's more interesting.

My dad was a mason, but my older brothers always called it the Ku Klux Klan.  I was very confused for a long time. We didn't even have the Klan in England. Big brothers can be a pain.

My grandfather was a mason and always carried a watch engraved with the initials "H.T.W.S.S.T.K.S."  When a young me inquired as to its meaning, he informed me that it meant Hot Tempered Women Should Strive to Keep Silent.  Thanks to the internet, I now know it was the super-sekret way that Masons identify each other, and actually means "Hiram, Tyrian, Widow's Son, Sendeth to King Solomon."  

Yeah, as far as I understand it, these days being a Freemason is no different from a more charity-oriented, tame college fraternity. This guy just wanted a scapegoat for his own dumbassery.

Also, as a fundie, he should know better: the best way to get money you didn't do a thing to earn isn't through armed robbery; it's by begging on the internet for funds for your "ministry" that consists of you and your dead-eyed wife and children.

Yeah, as far as I understand it, these days being a Freemason is no different from a more charity-oriented, tame college fraternity. This guy just wanted a scapegoat for his own dumbassery.

Also, as a fundie, he should know better: the best way to get money you didn't do a thing to earn isn't through armed robbery; it's by begging on the internet for funds for your "ministry" that consists of you and your dead-eyed wife and children.

Yeah, need help with those Porsche car payments?  Just run around claiming that Jeeezus (no relation to Jesus Christ) wants you to drive a Porsche and he wants you to help with the car payments. 

Yeah, need help with those Porsche car payments?  Just run around claiming that Jeeezus (no relation to Jesus Christ) wants you to drive a Porsche and he wants you to help with the car payments. 

Only a Porsche can get up to the speeds required to elude the Devil.

I'm starting a ministry to help end violence against transgendered persons. Please send me lots of money.

What's that you say? Not an acceptable ministry? Oh well, it was a nice try.

Archived