IGNORED

Sending out my Christmas list

47of74

Compiling the ol' Christmas wish list.  I put everything I want on that list, whether or not I have a snowball's chance in hell of getting it or not regardless of the cost.  I figure what the hell, just put it on there in case someone is feeling really generous.

My immediate family does the same so we all know what to get each other too.  Of course it takes a little bit of coordination so one person doesn't get three Pirates snuggies like he did one year.

Since I might be having surgery within the next year this was the first year I asked people to not get me certain things, such as beer or food items.  I said even clothes wouldn't be a good idea since if I have the surgery they'll soon be too big for me.

Compiling the ol' Christmas wish list.  I put everything I want on that list, whether or not I have a snowball's chance in hell of getting it or not regardless of the cost.  I figure what the hell, just put it on there in case someone is feeling really generous.

Fiancé and I are doing similar with our wedding registry.  Most of what is on there is affordable and stuff we really could use. But then there are a few things on there that are ridiculously expensive and are more sort of "dream items"  adn if we don't get them, we don't care. Honestly - we don't care if we get any gifts, but yeah we did put a couple "big ticket" items on there. We both have quite a lot of family in the UK. The cost to come to Canada for the wedding is a bit extreme for some of them (especially those with 2-3 kids) so a couple family members will get together and pitch in on a big gift. His family asked us to do it. They did the same thing when his sistergot married 8 years ago. It still feels a bit strange having some of those items on there, but hey - it's a wish list - so why not wish big! 

And good luck on your surgery! It sounds like it will be an exciting year with lots of changes. I wish you the best!

Archived