IGNORED

Anna-Marie Maxwell is pregnant with #4!

SolomonFundy

They were married in October of 2010 and didn't announce a pregnancy until a year later so 4 kids in almost 6 years but they are all very close in age.

Also I think they barley knew each other.  I don't know if they have anytime to be a couple besides going to doctor/midwives appointments. 

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was reading the comments and the replies left by the Maxwell Family (most likely Steve) and I found some interesting information that needs to be shared.

-"Dad’s idea on how to do the blog post and AM’s on the picture" (So Anna Marie is the one with the Pinterest addiction! She planned and hosted Sarah's Moody party. She is the creative one in the family. Who knew? Steve does control the blog as suspected)

-"Joshua will turn 4 in June" (So four children under 5. I imagine Sarah, Anna and Mary spending more time over there to help. How is Terri going to handle playing with and reading books to more grandchildren? I feel bad for Ruthanne. She is going to be put to work in no time.)

-"Watch for a post from Anna Marie soon!" (Hopefully it will be posted soon. Baby news draws more visitors to their website. Need to get readers to come back)

-"Morning sickness is starting to kick in!" (The "girls" will be spending more time there to help around the house)

-"Elissa made Anna’s apron for her" (Maybe Elissa and Anna Marie can start their own Esty story to earn more money for the growing families. These two can sew)

Yeah, Ruthanne is in for a lot of hard labor, poor thing. And she's not even 2! Lydia as well, eventually. 

I agree, Sarah, Anna and Mary will be heading over to help regularly. 

Teri will get overwhelmed with so many grandchildren. Maybe that's why they don't have all the grandchildren over at once regularly. She'll probably just schedule in larger blocks of time for her to read to the kids. 

I was reading the comments and the replies left by the Maxwell Family (most likely Steve) and I found some interesting information that needs to be shared.

-"Dad’s idea on how to do the blog post and AM’s on the picture" (So Anna Marie is the one with the Pinterest addiction! She planned and hosted Sarah's Moody party. She is the creative one in the family. Who knew? Steve does control the blog as suspected)

-"Joshua will turn 4 in June" (So four children under 5. I imagine Sarah, Anna and Mary spending more time over there to help. How is Terri going to handle playing with and reading books to more grandchildren? I feel bad for Ruthanne. She is going to be put to work in no time.)

-"Watch for a post from Anna Marie soon!" (Hopefully it will be posted soon. Baby news draws more visitors to their website. Need to get readers to come back)

-"Morning sickness is starting to kick in!" (The "girls" will be spending more time there to help around the house)

-"Elissa made Anna’s apron for her" (Maybe Elissa and Anna Marie can start their own Esty story to earn more money for the growing families. These two can sew)

I thought it was interesting that morning sickness was "starting to kick in".  She's THAT freshly pregnant that she's not even sick yet!  

He works for his little brother Joe, in the latest family business.

Http://www.swiftotter.com

Oh so much to snark on, so little time.  Where to start...

1.  WTF is up with the Jesse buttoning his cuff in the pic.  That is so cheesy, I would bite straight through the cheese paper and not realize it.

2.  "Between the four of us, we represent over twenty years of software development experience."  Granted I was educated in the public school system, but by my math that is basically 5 years/person.  That is really not that impressive as they seem to think it is. 

3.  "While we can work on a per-project basis, it means we have to overestimate the project so that I make sure we come out ahead."  First person or third, pick one, I'd go with 3rd seeing as this operation is 4 people and all.

4.  "We have an awesome team: we are family (really)."  So what?  What is advantageous about that, one should probably explain otherwise it really is of no importance.

5.  " Steve (also known as Dad) is a project manager and business strategist."  Who the fuck cares that Steve is the Dad.  This is a business.  And on another note, shouldn't Joseph and Christopher have leaved and cleaved by now....

6.  "We will attempt to gain a thorough knowledge of your need." Passive voice is not your friend when you are trying to describe your competencies.

7.  "Since the end goal is a great user experience, we find users who are likely to use the product that we are developing and take them through a test use process while collecting data regarding how smoothly the process goes."  In other words, "Our sisters will beta-test it for you."

8.  Their portfolio.  6 websites between 4 people.  So 1.5 websites per person.  IMPRESSIVE!

I'm really impressed with the Swift Otter website, actually. No link to the Good Person test, and no upfront restrictions on being Godly enough to work with them. 

I am pretty sure that Sarah responded to those.

I'm really impressed with the Swift Otter website, actually. No link to the Good Person test, and no upfront restrictions on being Godly enough to work with them. 

Yep, I was wondering where that stuff was buried, too!  Maybe they finally wised up and didn't put it in writing on their website, but that it comes later when it comes time to sign contracts.

It looks downright secular to me, too, for the most part. I've asked my special friend, who works in IT, for his thoughts on their site/services/rates,* just out of curiosity. He doesn't know about my fundie-watching hobby yet, I'm a little nervous to get his impression and to share the wonders of Maxhell with him. 

I hate their shirts. And they should have ironed them before the photo; the creases across their chests is an eye trap. :pb_lol:

*IT people of FJ, share your thoughts on this as well, please

My daughter is a developer and she think the website is a joke.

The shirts make them look like a crew from RotoRooter.

Joseph kept the Jesus-y stuff on his StackOverflow page. Maybe LinkedIn too. I'm not a member so I can't see it. 

http://stackoverflow.com/users/773329/joseph-maxwell

Here's a clue, Joseph. If you're going to pump yourself up by telling people how helpful you are on a tech site, you might actually want to be a very active member there so your profile doesn't have cobwebs. 

The shirts make them look like a crew from RotoRooter.

Indeed!  They kind of remind me of the old service station attendants' uniforms, before pumping your own gas became pretty much mandatory (except in OR and NJ.

Oh, and to be a fly on the wall when they were discussing that Jesse pose buttoning his cuff.  

This makes me feel kind of bad for Melanie. She and Anna had babies in the same month in 2012. Since then, Anna has had 3 more and Melanie one. I hope she doesn't feel pressured about this, but fonsidering that Nathan mentioned they'd hopefully have baby news soon, I doubt it.

I don't feel bad for Melanie at all considering she looks the healthiest and happiest that I've seen her in years. I have no doubt that she would be happy to have another child but I don't think she's agonizing over it. Considering her age and difficulty getting/staying pregnant I can't imagine that she'll have more than one more, if that.

So is this yet another, what some would call 'business venture'?

I think 'Swift Chip Munk' would have been a better more appropriate name.

2.  "Between the four of us, we represent over twenty years of software development experience."  Granted I was educated in the public school system, but by my math that is basically 5 years/person.  That is really not that impressive as they seem to think it is. 

8.  Their portfolio.  6 websites between 4 people.  So 1.5 websites per person.  IMPRESSIVE!

All of this was wonderful, but to save space, I'll focus on my favorites.  Yes, 20 whole entire years between 4 different people!  Are they trying to look like inexperienced amateurs? Maybe I'm spoiled from being near the tech industry and having friends who've been involved forever, but there are a lot of individuals in their early 30s with 20 years experience.  

That short portfolio, too...definitely not what I would be looking for from a website developer.  

The grammar throughout the site was starting to make my eye twitch, too.  

I showed the swift otter website to DH, who has his own software development company (and a PhD in computer science). He laughed at the shirts and said they looked dated. He thinks their rates are okay for the KC area (he's from there), a little low, but not significantly so. He disagrees with them on charging hourly v. project based, but that might be just his preference. DH has a different client base than the Maxwell boys, though - he works with bigger clients... 

Oh boy... NR-Anna is going to have like 15 kids... I hope the Maxwells have nothing but girls just piss off Steve-O!

Someone earlier asked about the spreadsheet - it predicted an August baby, so it's only off by about a few weeks to a month, depending on the actual due date (for some reason the Maxwells never want to post the actual day, just the month). 

A spreadsheet that predicted an August baby?  Based on what data? 

Oh so much to snark on, so little time.  Where to start...

1.  WTF is up with the Jesse buttoning his cuff in the pic.  That is so cheesy, I would bite straight through the cheese paper and not realize it.

:my_biggrin::Yes:

Dates of birth, from which time between births can be calculated. The more babies the more accurate it tends to be, though since it's a pretty simple model, it does have it's flaws. 

NEW POST!

They had a family lunch, and Sarah was taking a photo of Anna Marie, and all the little girls wanted a photo together too. There's also an individual one of Drew (no sign of Joshua). Calia is apparently travelling with Joseph and Elissa, maybe to see Elissa's family? IDK. Only guessing.

What would they put in a cookbook? It would be bloody small.

Burritos

Goldfish crackers

Turtle Cheesecake

Salad

Smoothies

Do they eat anything else?

If they keep having girls with few boys, the next generation is going to have to think long and hard about their future. Mr Teri can keep his 3 daughters at home knowing he can leave them the house and that they have 5 brothers to keep an eye on them. A small number of boys won't be able to manage families of their own, plus tend to a large number of unmarried sisters. 

Burritos

Goldfish crackers

Turtle Cheesecake

Salad

Smoothies

They eat cheese slices with wrappers!

Burritos

Goldfish crackers

Turtle Cheesecake

Salad

Smoothies

They eat cheese slices with wrappers!

We've also seen them baking sweet breads for gifts while caroling.

If they didn't want to say a lot about they could have done a *shudder* SHORT POST about the pic instead of tacking it on like that. Awkwardly done, Maxwells, awkwardly done. 

Archived