IGNORED

Is there anyplace left for Christians to shop?

doggie

poor little woo woo I am sure corporations are shaking in their boots. everyone should conform to her views or else. 

http://www.wnd.com/2015/11/is-there-anyplace-left-for-christians-to-shop/

Well, it’s that time again – time to get out the Christmas list and start hitting the stores.

The problem is – what stores? For any Christian who wants to spend hard-earned dollars with family-friendly, Christian-affirming retailers, restaurants and service providers, the list is growing shorter all the time.

I stopped shopping at Macy’s in 2011 after learning about the retailer’s grossly unjust policy against women. Macy’s management said “yes” to a transsexual young man’s demand to change in the women’s dressing room and rejected a Christian employee’s attempt to block his inappropriate access, even firing her because of her principled actions.

And Macy’s star balloons are now a regular feature of most “gay pride” parades.

Then there’s Target. Where to start? Selling “gay pride” T-shirts a few years back was bad enough, but Target is now “proudly standing” with homosexuals and cross-dressers who want to change America’s 1964 Civil Rights Act to add “sexual orientation” and “gender identity” through what pro-family colleague Peter LaBarbera is calling the “Criminalizing Christianity Act.”

This unjust and unequal “Equality Act,” H.R. 3185 and S. 1858, should be vigorously opposed by every thinking, Constitution-loving American, including every GOP presidential candidate.

Commitment to a veto is what we want for Christmas, folks.

Joining Target in supporting this anti-American, pro-deviance legislation are Amazon, General Mills, Google, Facebook, Paypal, Levi-Strauss and others.

Read more at http://www.wnd.com/2015/11/is-there-anyplace-left-for-christians-to-shop/#s3b7siWfbzkFVJhW.99

They could always make a stop at the Rodrigues Ministry store. stockings full of music and love. CD's for all under the tree!! For those big ticket items they could always get $100 worth of tracts, or wait here is another thought, what about one of the places that allow you to buy a gift of a farm animal or clean water or even an education then it is donated to a needy child or village. Sounds like a pretty Christian thing to do.

http://donate.worldvision.org/goat

Can't shop at Amazon, either--they're LGBT friendly. And don't even think of using Google to find a Christianist source for all your shopping needs.

And, then, I'm left wondering. How on earth did Wingnut Daily manage to publish that piece online? Did they somehow upload some raw binary code to the net? Apple and Microsoft both support their LGBT employees (the first openly trans woman I ever met was a dev. I worked with at Microsoft, decades ago), and the various open-source systems are hardly an option; FSM only knows what kind of satanic things they insert into their source  code.

I've actually done the World Vision donating in memory of an aunt who taught children's Sunday School her whole adult life. It was a genuine way to donate through an organization she would have approved of while offering concrete help to children in the 3rd world, not empty platitudes. I can get all into this type of mission, preach whatever you want, as long as its not hateful, but provide clean water, food, mosquito nets, small farm animals, etc to the people you are ministering to, not just prayers and platitudes.

I would like to know where in the Bible Jesus said  thou shalt turn my birthday into a commercialized buyfest in my name?  also if a) is proven then where it says thou shalt celebrate my birth (which is not really on my day of birth) as a commercialized buyfest by shopping only at card carrying christian retailers?  

oh and he could always go to Hobby Lobby and the local Christian bookstore then whip through Chik-fil-a on the way there or home and feel all proud of himself.  

They can always shop online.  After all, leaving the house might mean seeing defrauding lesbians fornicating in the streets, or being assaulted by a roving pack of atheists. 

Of course, you never know where those online purchases are coming from.  They might have been touched by a....a...brown person.  Or, even worse, a gay might have sprinkled fairy dust on it in an attempt to convert all those innocent Christian children to homosexualism.

Yep, they're right.  Nowhere left for Christians to shop.

One thing I've always found odd is that businesses' political leanings seem to be well-known in America. This is not a thing in the UK. Obviously many companies here are in America too, but what issues they support aren't made public knowledge. Is there any reason that businesses make their beliefs/leanings known in America? Or what?

.... or wait here is another thought, what about one of the places that allow you to buy a gift of a farm animal or clean water or even an education then it is donated to a needy child or village. Sounds like a pretty Christian thing to do.

http://donate.worldvision.org/goat

But wouldn't this just encourage the heathens' laziness which led them into poverty in the first place??? (sarsasm, in case it's not coming across)

Boo frickin' hoo. What a crybully. Weren't the fundie Christians the first to cry the loudest when Chik fil A was boycotted? And I love this woman's reading of the First Amendment and freedom of religion. Apparently, all religions are created equal here, but hers is just more equaler than others.

And she just exudes Christian love and charity. /sarc

I'm glad to see, for once, a strong core of commenters calling out an author on that site, since I usually see the typical slobbering, leg-humping love fest from the Wing Nuts.

Has this bitch ever been to Alabama? There's no shortage of retailers selling "wholesome, christian" merchandise here.

I wa considering buying something from Macy's. After hearing about this, I think I'll go hit the buy button. That sounds like something I'd like to support. Thanks for the tip crazy christian lady.

many people here have made a very good point why not help a cause like syrian refugees or buy a goat for people in Tanzanie or literally a MILLION other things that are doing the "christian" thing and legitametly helping people

Is there any place left for Christians to shop??!!?

*folds arms and stomps foot* NO!  NO, there is not!! I intend to pull my blinds, turn the TV up real LOUD (to discourage the NSA spies you know) and order everything online today  - but only from companies that have a scripture at the top of their website - King James Version only of course. 

But, seriously....I figure I offend everybody equally.  My more conservative friends are angry that I buy Girl Scout Cookies and drink an occasional Starbucks. My more liberal friends are angry at me for shopping at Hobby Lobby and eating the occasional Chick-fil-a sandwich when we travel South.  I do not take the time to learn the political leanings of every retailer from which I buy. What about Kroger?  Should I be shopping at Kroger?  Or Best Buy?  Jo-Ann Fabric?  I don't have time for that so I'll just go ahead and shop everywhere, make facebook posts about it and sit and watch the sparks fly in the comment section. 

I have one particularly angry facebook friend who likes to pounce on the most innocent posts of mine and spout his righteous views.  I "keep" him because after every one of his comments, I get a text from my far away son saying things like "You got him fired up now!" or "Shots Fired!  He's mad at you now!"  And those texts make me laugh so it's worth it. 

But, seriously....I figure I offend everybody equally.  My more conservative friends are angry that I buy Girl Scout Cookies and drink an occasional Starbucks. My more liberal friends are angry at me for shopping at Hobby Lobby and eating the occasional Chick-fil-a sandwich when we travel South.  I do not take the time to learn the political leanings of every retailer from which I buy. What about Kroger?  Should I be shopping at Kroger?  Or Best Buy?  Jo-Ann Fabric?  I don't have time for that ...

That. FWIW - I think both "sides" are equally bad on this. For example - There is an FJ thread about boycotting TLC advertisers. Same thing, opposite side.

My personal opinion is that "boycotting" does nothing, either way. If carried out consistently, we would have to move off the grid and become "self-sustaining" -- and I'm not convinced we could even do that without running afoul of some business that we need to buy some necessity from first.

We really can't ridicule fundy thinking on this without cleaning our own house first.

Remember the good old days when you could celebrate the birth of Our Savior with your choice of the finest merchandise AND not have to compromise on the whole "hate everyone who isn't a heterosexual Christian" thing?  You know, like Jesus said.  Obviously the end times are upon us.

That. FWIW - I think both "sides" are equally bad on this. For example - There is an FJ thread about boycotting TLC advertisers. Same thing, opposite side.

My personal opinion is that "boycotting" does nothing, either way. If carried out consistently, we would have to move off the grid and become "self-sustaining" -- and I'm not convinced we could even do that without running afoul of some business that we need to buy some necessity from first.

We really can't ridicule fundy thinking on this without cleaning our own house first.

Well, that could be said about FJ, in general, if we go that route.  

There is occasionally discussion about tolerating various and varying opinions among members; about appearance-shaming....etc. 

On the surface, it would seem we aren't the least bit tolerant of the fundie subjects of our snark, and there are remarks made on a regular basis about their mode of dress, their appearance. 

But, then again, what is the purpose and premise of freejinger's existence?

Has this bitch ever been to Alabama? There's no shortage of retailers selling "wholesome, christian" merchandise here.

From China I am sure

Archived