IGNORED

Maxwell Thanksgiving Post

Dru

Ooo I didn't realize my parents lived so close to a fundie family! Their church is like 10 minutes from my parents house. I wonder if I've ever seen any of them..

Would that be the Church of the Assisted Living Facility, or is there another church I'm not aware of?

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Would that be the Church of the Assisted Living Facility, or is there another church I'm not aware of?

ha I think it's the same... its the one in the retirement community. I'm sure I've even passed the community driving before

Sarah's choice of outfit is horrible for sure. But is anyone else thinking her posture/stance is making it even worse than the components alone? It's like she has her shoulders hunched forward/together and her back rounded. Sort of how many young girls might try to hide that they are developing breasts. Almost as if she's trying to minimize herself or something. That poor kidult. The whole photo is strange, but so typical of the Maxwells. 

Why does everything have to be couched in religiousy terms?  Why can't they be helpful, rather than having a servant's heart?  Why does every single thing have to be about Jesus?  

If they were this obsessed with anything else, it might be considered some sort of psychosis.  Everything must be just so in their world, and it all must, MUST involve Jesus to the point that their lives will be disrupted if something happens without Jesus.  They can't function without making everything about Jesus.  If everything I did had to be just so and absolutely everything involve cats and my life would stop moving forward if something happened that didn't involve cats and I couldn't function without cats, everyone could see I have a problem, even if no one was hurt in any way because of that obsession with cats.  People are hurt because of obsession with Jesus.

Teri suffered from postpartum depression which was treated by reversing her husband's vasectomy, popping out reversal babies and JESUS! During this period she came to rely heavily on a daily dose of Pepsi- probably because the caffeine and sugar helped her mood. Her husband Steve felt that she was making an idol of the Pepsi and made her stop drinking it cold turkey.

If not the sugar and caffeine, it might have been the one thing that was all hers that she didn't have to share.  How sad that some small daily treat that brings some happiness is bad in their world.  Are they literally not allowed to enjoy anything that isn't Jesus?

I have to admit I was shocked by the Oreo pie. That seems very gluttonous of them. Then again it was probably only one pie for the 20 of them. I suppose Juuust for Thanksgiving they can be allowed a third of a slice. But it really was best that they published only the salad recipe. They are an encouragement for their fans and shouldn't condone sweets by letting the recipe be known.   

Whenever I read this post I keep expecting her to break into the AA pledge. If you substitute beer or other alcohol for every time she says Pepsi it sounds like an alcoholic writing. 

I have to admit I was shocked by the Oreo pie. That seems very gluttonous of them. Then again it was probably only one pie for the 20 of them. I suppose Juuust for Thanksgiving they can be allowed a third of a slice. But it really was best that they published only the salad recipe. They are an encouragement for their fans and shouldn't condone sweets by letting the recipe be known.   

Whenever I read this post I keep expecting her to break into the AA pledge. If you substitute beer or other alcohol for every time she says Pepsi it sounds like an alcoholic writing. 

I find it creepy that even before the Pepsi became a problem she still had to ask permission to Steve to drink it. 

Do they have to ask him permission for all food and drink?

This is a bit random, but I looked on the blog to see what else was happening around the time Teri gave up Pepsi, and it was Dec 31 2006 of the year Nathan and Melanie found out that there were abnormalities in the pregnancy with Susannah Joy.  They had put off the ultrasound until the New Year. The first post in January was to report the cyst on S's brain in utero.  

I wonder if Teri gave up Pepsi because she was looking to remove "sin" in her life as part of the prayer and all for Susannah? :(

When she reported her 1 year pepsi-free anniversary in "Nothing Between" in 2008, Melanie had not long had Abigail.

Could be coincidence, but.... 

It wouldn't surprise me if that was part of the reason. I mean, why else would there have been problems for the baby? Nathan and Melanie had done everything "right". Nathan were sheltered, worked from home and bought his home debt free. Melanie had stayed pure until marriage, and they'd had a courtship. Why the issues? Well, they would have had to look for something. 

That said, Steve and Teri are so self-involved I could absolutely see them blaming everything on Nathan and Melanie, with the Pepsi thing being totally unrelated. 

why the unnecesary undershirts? will you defraud someone with your collar bones?

Yes, yes you will. Everything from collar bones to knees should be covered at all times I believe.

It wouldn't surprise me if that was part of the reason. I mean, why else would there have been problems for the baby? Nathan and Melanie had done everything "right". Nathan were sheltered, worked from home and bought his home debt free. Melanie had stayed pure until marriage, and they'd had a courtship. Why the issues? Well, they would have had to look for something. 

That said, Steve and Teri are so self-involved I could absolutely see them blaming everything on Nathan and Melanie, with the Pepsi thing being totally unrelated. 

Nathan and Melanie didn't have a no touch courtship and actually spent "alone" in a limo and at at least one restaurant. Not to mention that sordid evening that they were alone in Nathan's house long enough for him to propose. Obviously they were not pure enough in their courtship and engagement. :roll:

So wrong for Teri to think that Melanie's issues had anything to do with her need for Pepsi.  But, knowing what I now know about the Maxwell's it wouldn't surprise me if she did. 

I just read the "Nothing between" post, and it's so sad.  Pepsi was her only little pick-me-up.  No wonder she looked forward to it so much.  If she regularly had enough to look forward to, she'd be able to start taking some things for granted and not focus on her next treat.

How can those people think that life is worth living if anything enjoyable needs to be banned?  That's a miserable existence.

Yes, you close your eyes as tight as you can while searching for the power cord by feel and unplug it. As soon as the computer is off find your bible, your accountability partner and your headship and spend the next 24 hours in the prayer closet, wailing and gnashing your teeth while praying that the evil sights and heathen information didn't infect your soul. :my_rolleyes:

So you HAVE graduated from the 1TonRamp!

I have to admit I was shocked by the Oreo pie. That seems very gluttonous of them. Then again it was probably only one pie for the 20 of them. I suppose Juuust for Thanksgiving they can be allowed a third of a slice. But it really was best that they published only the salad recipe. They are an encouragement for their fans and shouldn't condone sweets by letting the recipe be known.   Whenever I read this post I keep expecting her to break into the AA pledge. If you substitute beer or other alcohol for every time she says Pepsi it sounds like an alcoholic writing. 

Heroin works even better - she sounds for all the world like a reformed junkie pining for their glory days of excess

It looks like trying to fake a smile is causing Sarah physical pain.

Also the italics on the words 'grateful' and 'thankful' make them sound unconvincing.  "I'm grateful!  No, really, I'm grateful!"

Also the italics on the words 'grateful' and 'thankful' make them sound unconvincing.  "I'm grateful!  No, really, I'm grateful!"

It also strikes me as arrogant like "obviously our family is better than yours because we were taught to be grateful! We shudder at those 30-something year old kids living under their father's umbrella of protection who aren't grateful." 

Bless this site for bringing the 'awesomeness' that is the Maxwells into my life lol. I originally read here for the Duggars but the Maxwells have now been added to my list, along with the Arndts.

Re: Thanksgiving family photo, I have to agree  about Sarah's outfit - yikes. Did she really have nothing better to wear?

Squee! I'm so glad when we lure someone out of the Duggar forums and then they get addicted to one of the crazier families.

(But seriously, the Arndts. What up with that?)

Squee! I'm so glad when we lure someone out of the Duggar forums and then they get addicted to one of the crazier families.

I just unpacked about 1000 penguins getting out the Christmas stuff this weekend - I'm starting to think I am a secret Arndt.  

And now I want a Pepsi and I'm not a soda fan.  You people are a bad influence on me!  

That is the great mystery that entices us all. The problem is that FJ penguin-watching has gotten a lot harder since they revamped their site and started restricting the flow of information as the manboys' ages became more and more of a conspicuous liability.

It also strikes me as arrogant like "obviously our family is better than yours because we were taught to be grateful! We shudder at those 30-something year old kids living under their father's umbrella of protection who aren't grateful." 

Hmm, maybe that's what I could have said the other day when my mother mentioned this blog post and how good she thought it was. :(

Did anyone notice in Sarah's latest blog post, Happy Cousins, that Joe, Elissa, and baby Calia were traveling? Does this mean they missed Thanksgiving with the Maxwell Family? Were they visiting Elissa'a family? So many questions and it is unlikely that these questions will ever be answered.

Teri acted like drinking a Pepsi was the same as taking a hit off the crack pipe, or shooting up with some heroin.  It's a Pepsi, Teri. And if you had to have permission to drink one from your husband, that's not a marriage- that's living like a slave. 

Nothing says "We kept our children's hearts!" better than a photo of five adult children strapped into the back of a car, being driven around to look at the neighbourhood Christmas lights...

http://blog.titus2.com/2015/11/30/12-voices-of-christmas-memories-that-last/

IMG_4823-425x319.jpg

It's not even dark, possibly because that would mean being out during dinner and bible time! 

This is the audio they have listened to, in the back of the car, for 15 Christmases.  With no sense of irony, second up is the "Voice of Disbelief". ;)

http://www.backtothebible.org/the-twelve-voices-of-christmas

Sarah's choice of outfit is horrible for sure. But is anyone else thinking her posture/stance is making it even worse than the components alone? It's like she has her shoulders hunched forward/together and her back rounded. Sort of how many young girls might try to hide that they are developing breasts. Almost as if she's trying to minimize herself or something. That poor kidult. The whole photo is strange, but so typical of the Maxwells. 

I was thinking that the body language for the whole family is stilted and odd. No one looks truly relaxed or happy, neither in the group shot nor in the individual shots.  In almost all of the individual shots, arms are crossed.  Everyone reads as so tense or ill at ease. 

Actually, I was waiting for Sarah to explain how they drive around and condemn all those Christmas lights and people who own them, because they.are.not.about.Jesus. You know, kind of like when they took the family to airport to look at people and their sinful clothes because their own frumpers were so much more Godly.

Archived