IGNORED

What ads do you get on FJ?

sawasdee

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

fjad.png.5b2b493e078bf42d3da9f398ef67316

I keep getting ads to FJ topics on my right hand scroll bar. This has to be the most amusing one yet.

I get ads for Russian brides and fertility clinics lately. I find it amusing because I don't have any need for a Russian wife (I have a Danish boyfriend) and I'm in late pregnancy.

• 1 month later...

Today i'm getting BowlingBall.com because I'm using Mr. CL's tablet and he's a lifelong bowler.

• 2 weeks later...

Zulily, Polyvore, and cars. I do like Polyvore.

Also, this gem from last night:

Screenshot 2016-05-09 at 10.31.52 PM.png

I usually have a lot of Broadway ads. Today, though, I keep getting cars and bridal boutiques, when I'm neither in the market for a car nor getting married.

• 5 months later...

I get some crazy ads on occasion, but this one really made me roll my eyes:20161116_140414.png

Too many discussions about fundie wedding nights on the Jinger and Jeremy threads, I guess. :my_confused:

Girls with guns clothing. Root candles. Homesick candles-they make candles that smell like your state-mine is magnolia and jasmine and some other stuff. Toyota Rav4 truck. Tilly's clothing store

• 4 months later...

So, there was a warning that this would happen somewhere on the Hope Pennington thread, but it looks like I'm stuck with these ladies for a while (I've steered to about 10 other FJ pages and they're really not going away, hahaha):

MagPearl.JPG

I'm getting those, too, @NakedKnees. Fortunately, I only get the writing on my phone, not the creepy pictures. :pb_rollseyes:

Remember, you can always click on the blue x in the right corner of the ad to see the options for getting rid of it. I rarely do this as I know the ads support Free Jinger, but if someone has an ad that really drives me nuts, I reserve the right to click on that blue x. :handgestures-thumbupleft:

• 3 weeks later...

I turned off Adblocker to see what sort of ads I would get. I refreshed the page a few times. Here are the results:

- Xing (German version of Linkedin)

- Trading 212 (looks like a stock exchange website)

At this point I noticed there were also ads on the right hand side:

- Ikea and EMP (a clothing store like Hot Topic)

- Trading 212 (again) and Victorian Plumbing

- 2 ads for EMP

- EMP and Ikea

In my case, I have actually been to all of these sites except Trading 212. I think it bases the ads off where you have gone previously. Keep in mind even though you delete your internet history from the browser, they can still tell where you have been, especially if your IP is static.

last weekend i bought a gift from my friend's baby registry, and it was the first time i'd ever gone to Babies r Us or Toys R Us .com.  so now i'm getting Babies R Us ads every day, interspersed with Magnolia Pearl.  dear god, what if MP did baby clothes!

• 1 year later...

I just had an ad for "pee-proof panties," featuring two women standing in front of a roaring waterfall!  It's not coming up again, but now I'm curious what's pee-proof about these panties.  Asking for a friend...

(How did I remember this thread from a year ago, when I can't even remember what I did this morning?)

• 5 months later...

I think the ad algorithm has finally worked out the secret of fundamentalism.  These two ads were juxtaposed on my laptop:

Salvation Army and Ballwash:  "Keeping Jewels Jolly": for your Nuts, Butt & Body  :occasion-santa:

On 11/19/2018 at 8:19 AM, CTRLZero said:

I think the ad algorithm has finally worked out the secret of fundamentalism.  These two ads were juxtaposed on my laptop:

Salvation Army and Ballwash:  "Keeping Jewels Jolly": for your Nuts, Butt & Body  :occasion-santa:

I had never heard of Ballwash before today and I just found out they have an affiliate program. Can you imagine the jokes if @Curious signed up Free Jinger for their affiliate program?!?

?

Just wanted to note that the Ballwash Christmas ad is now stalking me. I'm tempted to email them and suggest they come out with a line of Boobwash products.

Tagline: If it's round, we've got something to wash it down.

Archived