IGNORED

What ads do you get on FJ?

sawasdee

When I am logged in to FJ, I turn off my ad blocker, and it is fascinating to see what the bots think I would like.I live in Thailand, so I get Thai Kisses and the like - trying to pair me up with Thai mail order girlfriends:my_rolleyes: - I'm an aging straight female! Then I get Lazada, which I had never heard of before - but hey, it's like a local Amazon:my_smile: Then there are a couple of finance companies.....what do you see in other countries?

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I get Spanish language ads for religious trips to Israel. I don't speak Spanish, and I'm an atheist, so...

I also tend to get a lot for Liberty University and various anti-Obama radical politicians (like FundiesInParis posted). That's because of the stuff we talk about here.

I get the occasional electronics ad in a Scandinavian language I can't identify, and I sometimes get ones in Polish and Russian. For a while I was seeing all sorts of dating site ads, offering the Russian or Asian mail order bride of my dreams, or things like Christian Mingle.

The Canadian Diabetes Society has some concerns about me, TripCentral.ca would like me to book a trip to Mexico (very specific about that), Dodge has a great deal on a truck, there are weird old tricks for freeing my upper arms of their sagging disgustingness, and there are helpful before and after pictures showing me how to improve my aging neck and chin areas.  I won't say which of these are the more appropriate ads for me :kitty-shifty:.  

I don't normally pay that much attention to them, but I did notice ads from Georgia Pecan Company, SarahPAC, Ford Motor Company, and The Home Depot. 

There's also an ad from Campbell's that appears to be some version of Cup 'O Soup that you make in your Keurig coffee maker. It doesn't look very appetizing to me. 

Typically Brilliant Earth, Zulily, and ModCloth. I'm okay with those :)

Occasionally I get the weird anti-Obama ones too. Meh.

Am I the only one getting ads for an MA in Theology?

From Gonzaga.

I also get the Georgia Pecan Co.

But the theology one really keeps appearing often.

Zulily which is amazing since I never by clothes on line. However, a month ago I made a hotel reservation through Expedia and have seen the current prices for the hotel I booked as well as a few others in the same city. Normally I don't appreciate that kind of tracking, but when I saw that the price had decreased by $10 a night I was able to book the same nights and cancel the original reservation.

I'm also getting one that says it will show me how to get out of handcuffs:confused2:

Second Life. "Anything can happen". Okay. lol

2015 Chevrolet Cruize

People Magazine 

and,

THIS WILL SCARE MILLIONS!
Current Events Linked To Ancient Biblical Prophecies... 

Right now I have an ad for assisted living, which I find funny because I could use some assistance getting ready for Thanksgiving, but I doubt the company would be interested in assisting me with that.

Also an ad for a very pretty diamond ring, hope Santa sees that one!

Sometimes religion ones. I'm in Germany right now so mostly they're in German- right now I've got one about a brain tumour study. No idea why the fuck that's there.

Sometimes religion ones. I'm in Germany right now so mostly they're in German- right now I've got one about a brain tumour study. No idea why the fuck that's there.

Uhuh! Looked at your posts? Is there something that could have lead them to think this appropriate?:confused2:

Uhuh! Looked at your posts? Is there something that could have lead them to think this appropriate?:confused2:

Don't think so. I googled concussion a couple of days ago... on my phone. 

ETA: sometimes I think adverts are just totally random. 

Don't think so. I googled concussion a couple of days ago... on my phone. 

Glad you're Ok - and it's just googlebot idiocy...........

Glad you're Ok - and it's just googlebot idiocy...........

I wasn't really concussed. I fell over whilst ice-skating on Sunday and my head hurt a bit afterwards. But that's totally normal. Thanks for the concern anyway :)

Mostly I get ads for Liberty University, an offer for a free Book of Mormon, and ad for Christ Church in Ann Arbor. So apparently the Internet gods know I'm a theology geek and suspect that I might like to be a Presbyterian.

I am getting ads from Freshpair, which would be because I bought a kickass bra from them online a couple of months ago and they don't realize I'm all stocked up now and its gonna take me a good year to need any more.  I'm also getting ads from a local news broadcast (that I never watch) and ads wanting me to buy a Keurig machine (I don't drink coffee and don't understand why I need to make tea/hot chocolate from a pod) from the Bay (I do shop there, but not frequently)  Clearly the Internet is watching, just not that well.  

From the tabs I currently have open: Hulu, Dish, Hilton Head Island Deals and a Free Messianic Bible!

Now I have the F.A.T. Mat!  20% off during Black Friday Sale!! (I do not have a clue what this is. Even looking at the picture. I do not know what a F.A.T. Mat is.  I don't know if I want/need such a Mat. Therefore, that's an ineffective ad.) 

Archived