IGNORED

Duggars by the Dozen - General Discussion Part 15

happy atheist

Sorry if someone else already posted this but, LOOK!! Someone's been reading Free Jinger too much. 

"Seaweed" 

I took a double take. 

image.jpeg

This deserves to be quoted. Classic! Dying over here. 

• Replies 606
  • Created
  • Last Reply

JB and Michelle talk constantly about their kids and pretend via the show, that they spend time with them, awkwardly I might add. Now that they have no show, no speaking engagements (or at least not many), less kids, and more adults; they find a "tutor!" What the absolute hell? Seriously? Are you telling me that they cannot get off their own behinds and teach their kids. 

It takes a ton of time to hide assets and find crooked lawyers.  Not to mention, how long it takes to read through previous blog posts to find your best work when you are constantly taking kids to the orthodontist.  Dear gawd, I'm spent just thinking about it.

Sorry if someone else already posted this but, LOOK!! Someone's been reading Free Jinger too much. 

"Seaweed" 

I took a double take. 

image.jpeg

:pb_lol:

(Next thing someone out there will probably call the baby "little Sturgeon Seacreature"... :my_heart:)

She probably sleeps in Jill's or Jessa's old bed. I can't imagine JB&M letting her get a room to herself. I know homeschooling  your children doesn't necessarily mean you will be their teacher, but I have a feeling Tabitha doesn't have any certifications.... hopefully she knows more than bible verses and bankruptcy laws. 

Does anyone find it a little odd that Tabitha seems content with the possibility of never marrying? It wouldn't be weird for a secular person to never marry because they can still date and have serious relationships. If a fundie never marries, they can't kiss, hold hands, cuddle, have sex, etc. I know some people are asexual and don't really crave those things (even though I know some asexuals who still date and kiss but won't sleep with their bf/gfs...I guess its a spectrum?). I wonder if  Jana plans on taking the Tabitha/Sarah Maxwell road and will stay forever single. Maybe they can all move in together, along with Grandma Mary. It'll be a fundie version of the Golden Girls. 

This thought had occurred to me too at first but when I reread it I interpreted it differently.  These SAHDs are encouraged and believed to never have a thought to sex until marriage and only then to joyfully submit.  She isn't supposed to say she wishes she was married/engaged/courting since then she is saying that she isn't happy with God's plan for her.  A plan that seems to include her being a live in governess to the 8 or 9 kids still in school as well as home help to Meechelle.  Tabitha is supposed to be joyfully happy with her lot in life, even if she desperately wants marriage and kids and is pining for a man to come rescue her she is supposed to give those desires over to God through prayer and berate herself for not being happier with God's plan. And hope her Daddy finds some perfect patriarch for her.  

Apparently some members still need help with the quote boxes...

Why on earth would anyone believe that JB would pay a real salary to Tabitha to homeschool his children.  Come on!  You all know JB, right?  If he is paying her anything at all it is so minimal as to be meaningless-- pocket change; enough for a coffee and a lipstick.  No doubt he could open his home to lots of young fundie SAHDs who would be thrilled to live with the Duggars without pay.  Don't forget that the Duggars live like royalty compared to most Quiverfuls.  The TTH has 9 bathrooms.  Most of these familys with 10 or more kids are probably making do with 1 or 2 bathrooms and living on rice N' gravy.

Not only is this sadly true, but he and they would be convinced that this is a way for her to serve Jesus by helping another family.  Not to mention it trains her to take care of her own future large brood.  It's just like an apprenticeship or internship., Right?!?

But if she's been there for a year w/no pay, you would think she'd be fed up.

What does she need money for?

Did any of the Duggar unmarried adults secure their own TLC paycheck? No proof of that has ever been found. So she would be in good company in the Duggar house. All those girls worked too, and never had their own money, as far as we can tell.

So does JB give everyone a credit/debit card?

Or do they have to ask JB for money every time they load up the car and go to Starbucks?

Also, is her dad a physician?

Maybe he sends her a stipend?

WOW. Has anyone seen that video of jinger and joy on Jessas Instagram? Jenni is between them the whole time looking so ...listless. 

Eta: I never put much stock in all the talk that maybe she was depressed but...count me concerned. 

WOW. Has anyone seen that video of jinger and joy on Jessas Instagram? Jenni is between them the whole time looking so ...listless. 

Eta: I never put much stock in all the talk that maybe she was depressed but...count me concerned. 

I missed that convo. She could just be in a bad mood.

But now thinking about the little girls that were crying at the weddings for Jill and jessa - it was kind of odd. (Anyone remember which little girl was crying at whose wedding?)

Siblings don't normally act that emotional when an older kid moves out in my experience. Just goes to show that the sister wives were more of mothers to the little ones than Michelle. It's messed up.

But if she's been there for a year w/no pay, you would think she'd be fed up.

Well trained daughters don't get fed up with anything.  She could be bored as hell, tired of cleaning up other people's messes, longing to be left alone and sleep in her own bed but she would never show any of that-- because Jesus would be so unhappy!  To be smiling and pleasant is the duty of a SAHD, no matter what she is doing or where she is living.

I missed that convo. She could just be in a bad mood.

But now thinking about the little girls that were crying at the weddings for Jill and jessa - it was kind of odd. (Anyone remember which little girl was crying at whose wedding?)

Siblings don't normally act that emotional when an older kid moves out in my experience. Just goes to show that the sister wives were more of mothers to the little ones than Michelle. It's messed up.

At Jessa's it was Jordyn, don't remember for certain at Jill's but I want to say it was Jennifer? I actually don't think I sat through either's wedding episode, but I remember the photo where Jordyn is clinging to Jessa's hand and looks as if she had been crying. I'm assuming Jordyn was Jessa's buddy and Jennifer was Jill's?

At Jessa's it was Jordyn, don't remember for certain at Jill's but I want to say it was Jennifer? I actually don't think I sat through either's wedding episode, but I remember the photo where Jordyn is clinging to Jessa's hand and looks as if she had been crying. I'm assuming Jordyn was Jessa's buddy and Jennifer was Jill's?

I just saw that pic yesterday. I think jessa said Jordan was her buddy recently which makes that pic more sad. Unless she meant it as a general term of endearment...

How many kids are actually still at home at the Duggar's? I don't count Joseph, away at pretend college;Josh in prayer prison,JD, he moved on long ago; so maybe they'll have a reasonable # of kids at the table for TG.

Jordyn was crying at Jill's wedding.

I did not see Jessa's wedding. Was a LO crying at that wedding too?

At Home:

JD (?)

Jana

Jinger

Josiah

Joy

Jed

Jer

Jason

James

Justin

Jackson

Hannie

Jenny

Jordyn 

Josie

+4 Josh Duggar Kids

SP you still haven't seen Jessa's wedding :D 

for my Christmas present - watch a little on line - 

I don't think JD lives at home - he escaped but no one says anything 

Jordyn was crying at Jill's wedding.

I did not see Jessa's wedding. Was a LO crying at that wedding too?

At Home:

JD (?)

Jana

Jinger

Josiah

Joy

Jed

Jer

Jason

James

Justin

Jackson

Hannie

Jenny

Jordyn 

Josie

+4 Josh Duggar Kids

Jordyn cried at jessa's wedding. I think the one that cried at jill's wedding were or jenny or hannie. I would say jenny, she was her buddy

you people just made me watch jill's wedding - well i fast forwarded it was Jordyn 

no one cried at Jessa's wedding except for Ben and Jessa and Guinn aka mimi 

Jordyn cried at jessa's wedding. I think the one that cried at jill's wedding were or jenny or hannie. I would say jenny, she was her buddy

Who cried at Jill's wedding?

you people just made me watch jill's wedding - well i fast forwarded it was Jordyn 

Really? I woud have sworn jordyn cried at jessa's wedding. Or at leats that she was very upset. I should probably watch again before talking

Yep- that's what I remember.

I did not watch Jessa's wedding.

I hated that part of the wedding. Jordyn sobbing was heartbreaking. :( 

How many kids are actually still at home at the Duggar's? I don't count Joseph, away at pretend college;Josh in prayer prison,JD, he moved on long ago; so maybe they'll have a reasonable # of kids at the table for TG.

Wouldn't Joseph and JD come home for Thanksgiving?  Anna and the M kids may go to her family's Thanksgiving unless Josh is going to make an appearance--which is unlikely but not impossible.  But in any case, it is actually normal for families to be overcrowded at Thanksgiving.

• Coconut Flan unpinned and locked this topic

Archived