IGNORED

Kendal Rich instagram

Melissa1977

I guess when it comes to social media I'm doin it rong, because I can't imagine caring if someone stopped following me on IG or wherever. Scratch that, I can't imagine even noticing unless I had very few followers to begin with. Surely a mother of 5 young children would have more important things to worry about :?

• 8 months later...
  • Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you tape "the making of Rich family" in youtube, there's a video. She wants to be a vlogger. It seems she changed her 50's Preacher Wife Style and now in IG and Snapchat (@naptimebeauty) she only talks about make up, coffee, and Me Me Me. I'm sure she's still extremely fundie and abuser, but she seems much more focused in herself than in religion, maybe she got bored of preaching?  She said in IG that she suffers chronic pain. 

Maybe I read too much in a short video, but husband's voice sounds very strict and children look at him with fear. 

Edited to add channel:  https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYPaj6OXNItxuDotrkF192w

Ughh....these people again.  I made it through about 2 minutes.  Believe I'll pass on the rest of it.  Why on earth do they think people want to watch them doing everyday shit?  No thanks.

For those wondering, Kendal wrote the Father Knows Best blog (which she deleted when the shit hit the fan about her and her husband's "all day discipline sessions".  She even posted on FJ.  That may have been back in the Yuku days...can't remember.

I sat through all 14 minutes of the second vlog.

It is boring. Even Kendal admits this. Kendal fusses over her dog. Kendal makes coffee. Kendal tries to make the fact that they homeschool controversial. Her anniversary is this month and she and her husband are going to Disney without their kids. Some of Kendal's kids are laying in bed glued to their phones. The older one made the logo for the YouTube channel. They call two of the kids "the twins" even though they are not twins. Kendal films her three youngest kids getting out of bed. The baby looks at her the way I would if I were him. Kendal can't pick him up because she has neck and back problems. Kendal's oldest child is eating breakfast and FaceTiming a friend. Kendal chides her for being on the phone, but then immediately starts cooing at the kid on the phone and introduces her. Kendal points out "a piece of real life": one of her kids is still wearing what she wore yesterday because she slept in it. Cut to Kendal in the bathroom saying that her makeup is done, but unfortunately her eye bags are still there. There is a cutesy fast motion part in which Kendal picks up clutter around the house and feeds the dog. Kendal tells one daughter to go take off her liptstick and tells another one that her mugging for the camera is "annoying," despite sticking a camera in her face. The baby nearly takes out a glass of water with a light saber and smirks at the camera. Kendal gives the camera to her oldest daughter to take to her room. TBC.

The only reason this exists is to feed Kendal's need for attention. :special-snowflake2:

In her old blog she tried to be an Steppford Wife and now she shows a messy house and celular addict kids? 

I forgot to add last night that her grammar is still wretched. Here is the "about" blurb on the YouTube page:

Welcome to The Rich Life! Ha, we wish! We are The Riches and we're glad you are here. With 5 kids and a wild brittany named Oaklee life is bound to be crazy, I mean rich, so stay awhile and enjoy the show!

all [sic]

Those poor children's education. :tw_bawling:

There is a new vlog this morning, and it is only 7 minutes. Maybe I can do it.

What an icky, rich-looking house. So much conspicuous consumption. And all the fussing with the little girls' appearance. I hate fundies who stress modesty for girls, then send the message that appearances are so important. Jeez, Kendal, let the kids wear their hair down and look like they are kids.

Ugh Ugh Ugh...she is so vain.  I just don't get it.  AND she Snaps and drives.  With her KIDS in the car.  Do NOT even get me started!  If she actually spent quality time with her kids, instead of shoving the camera in their face, or in her own face, I might actually care about her life (probably not...but maybe!).  But y'all...they did skip church on Sunday.  So they could figure out how to upload their video to youtube.  It's so hard.  She admitted to sitting at the computer for 11 hours--no wonder she has back and neck pain.  (Not snarking on chronic pain--my mother lives with it and it is debilitating.  But have some freaking common sense.)

Did she and her husband ever adopt? I seem to recall that she was hoping to, and then her blog went dark after she proudly announced that bike helmets are "unnecessary."  At the time, we all surmised that Mr. Kendull pulled the plug on the blog because her comments would look bad to adoption agencies.

Her house doesn't look that crazy to me? They live in a 2519 sq ft 3/4 on a half acre and bought for $319,900k. We bought a ~1500 3/2.5 on a postage stamp (less than a tenth) about the same time last year and... well, I wish it had been proportionate, but we actually paid more. California prices are insane.

Divided 6 (or is it 7? How many kids does she have now?) ways it's spacious but not insane. There's only 2 of us.

Anyway, she seems like a child collector, they'll probably use the room.

“Hampton is what gets aborted,”’ said Kendal. “If I’m going to go out and stand with a sign, I’d better be prepared to take a birth mother’s hand.”

-hamptonshomecoming.wordpress.com/hamptons-story

W-o-w.

Uh, no, you stupid asshole, mostly "what gets aborted" in the US is pregnancies from women who ALREADY HAVE CHILDREN and cannot afford another. Race is a secondary consideration. Abortion rates for specifically non-white women have everything to do with the systemic racism oppressing women of color. Nobody is especially out to get biracial embryos. That's not a thing.

Also way to dehumanize YOUR CHILD.

These people are all the problems with inter-racial adoption just, summed up.

Amen, @lawfulevil. I also have little faith that they do the hard work of helping Hampton form a healthy racial identity as a biracial kid and a transracial adoptee.

Also, this is unimportant, but I dislike how they pronounce Kapri "cap-ree" instead of "kuh-pree." 

6 hours ago, FJismyheadship said:

Didn't they adopt a little boy named Harrison?

They adopted an adorable little boy named Hampton (she calls him Ham).  She goes on and on about his special needs and leaves him to cry in his room for (what seems like) hours at a time.  I've followed her on Snapchat for a while because of her link to the fundie world.  I've never once seen her have a kind word for him or love on him.  It breaks my heart.  I don't doubt his special needs...but her (seemingly) disregard for interacting with him makes me very sad.  (I know that Snapchat is a 4 second slice of life...but before the "family vlog" she would Snapchat 20 times a day.)  

She "homeschools" the other kids, so my hopes for Ham getting some early interventions are minimal.  

Is he really special needs? Or just Kendal's diagnosis? He seems so nice and funny, I hope he's fine. I really feel for him, it was obvious that Kendal's didn't want to adopt, she was COLD in the video with newborn Hampton. So I see her just looking at the worst of him, and ignoring the good.

Kendal's terribly lazy, she trains babies Ezzo style. Her sleeping, coffee and "me time" are her priorities. She wrote she trained Hampton since he was 2 weeks old. It's so sad.

Where is her vlog. You are allowed to link now on the new site. Following the "instructions" of the OP to type something into a search box does not work for everyone because of the predictive algorithms. Can someone just tell me her youtube name or link her channel?  

25 minutes ago, lawfulevil said:

WTF is she doing with a kid in a car seat (booster seat) in the freaking FRONT seat??????  Seriously...your kids mean so little that you indulge in all kinds of dangerous behaviors with them in the car?   

From:  http://www.dmv.org/nc-north-carolina/safety-laws.php

Texting restrictions:

All drivers are banned from texting while behind the wheel.

Car seats must be fastened in a rear seat if your child is under five, weighs less than 40 pounds, and if your car contains passenger-side airbags. You can bypass this requirement if your child's safety seat is airbag-compatible.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As to the texting...I get that Snapchat isn't texting...but IMHO it is just as distracting, if not more, to take a video of yourself as it is to read and/or return a text message.

As to the car seats--although the child appeared to be over 5 and +40 pounds, I don't believe that Kendull RICH is driving a vehicle that doesn't have passenger-side airbags.  

She is a dumb twat.  She's worried about women having abortions but could care less about the safety and well being of her own GD children.

She is an attention whore doing her best to raise attention whores.  I think she wants to be the fundie version of Kris Kardashian.

1 hour ago, lawfulevil said:

Thank you. 

WTF is happening here. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jgL8gew5cDM

there is 50 seconds of her feet, walking around. (starts at 12:50) Who watches this stuff? I mean, I skipped around a bit and obviously WE are watching her channel, but in general, who would watch something like this? There's been a lot of FB live streams that came across my feed lately too, that are like 15 -20 minutes long. Who has that kind of time to watch their "friends" yammer on about nothing? 

She wondered, “How could I love a child that was not my own?” 

This made me incredibly sad. Maybe because I love so many children that aren't my own--my niece and nephew, my cousins, the children of my close friends--I just can't imagine saying something like this. Maybe "Could I love an adoptive child the same way as my biological children?" or something to that effect, but dang, the way that's put makes her come across as ice cold. 

They didn’t care about color, and the Riches were thrilled Hampton was bi-racial. They knew it would open the door for them to share with others. 

Yes, if there's one thing a child should be, it's a showcase that provides a way to minister to others. :shock:

Hampton will know that “he was treated as a prize possession”

What in the fuck...

• 1 month later...

I know she's not really interesting, but she was one of the first fundies I met in internet so I'm curious about her. Well, I'm not sure she's still really fundie. Anyway, sometimes I watch her videos and I got surprised they took Hampton to a REAL SCHOOL. I don't know if Kendal is unable to homeschool a special needs kid or just too lazy or if she just wants him out of home. In fact I couldn't listen well the video, so I don't know if they explained it.

School is a SAFE place where Hampton won't be beaten and I'm sure 100% of teachers are more lovely than Kendal. He'll learn, he'll make friends. It can only be a good thing for him. But on the other side, he's the only adopted child in this family, plus he's another race and the only kid to go to school. He must feel very different.

Hampton's sistemom Evie was crying to leave him at school, she sounded very sweet. Kendal was faking a tear (she wrote in the comments that she was disturbed by Evie's tears... Kendal, you must be proud that your daughter has real feelings and is not a piece of ice like you!!!!).

I wonder if the other kids would like to go to school. They seem very outgoing. At least all of them practice team sports, so they socialize.

Just looking at the clickbait video titles makes me want to :pb_rollseyes:

And because it can never be shared enough:

kendal.jpg

On 8/11/2016 at 11:39 AM, Melissa1977 said:

Is he really special needs? Or just Kendal's diagnosis? He seems so nice and funny, I hope he's fine. I really feel for him, it was obvious that Kendal's didn't want to adopt, she was COLD in the video with newborn Hampton. So I see her just looking at the worst of him, and ignoring the good.

Kendal's terribly lazy, she trains babies Ezzo style. Her sleeping, coffee and "me time" are her priorities. She wrote she trained Hampton since he was 2 weeks old. It's so sad.

I don't like Kendall, but come on. Lots of fundies (like Lori Alexander) knock women for wanting "me time." And now people on FJ are doing it too. Why can't women have some me time without someone knocking them. 

Little Ham has a tough road ahead of him. I'm glad he is in a stable home,I guess,  but when you adopt kids of a different race it's kind of like they have a special need. Children of color experience all sorts of subtle racism and they need parents (of whatever color) that can be sensitive to this, and help them through it. Kendall doesn't seem the type to even acknowledge or understand this.

Wow. She's claiming that they've tortured their children enough that a year old knows to say thank you for a beating, lest worse things happen. 

Blech. A prized possession is something like the family heirloom I inherited, a child is a person. Does she believes this crap or just want attention?

Archived