IGNORED

Playing with my new GoPro

47of74

I won a GoPro Hero at the annual work meeting a couple weeks ago.  Finally got around to playing with it, I got a suction cup mount so I could mount it to my windshield or other windows.

I call this one Heading to Walgreens...

I'm interested in genealogy and occasionally do some research on it as time permits.  One time I was looking through microfilms of old newspapers from Cascade, Iowa - looking up some old obituaries of family members and the like.  After I copied some stuff off and took it home I noticed this gem of a story next to one of the obituaries I copied;

anoldwtf.thumb.JPG.0730dd9946a9d42936abd

How much you all wanna bet this was after he sampled the local product?

On 11/28/2015 at 6:55 AM, MatthewDuggar said:
What date was this?  They used to take opium-laced otc medications back then....

I think about 1914.

I'm not sure I want whatever Davie had...

Yeah, I'm thinking antifreeze is probably less toxic than whatever he had.  Probably tastes better too!

• 2 weeks later...

This is really interesting! Out of curiosity @47of74, where do you do your research? Do you just find microfilms at the local library, or do you do ancestry.com or another site? 

On November 28, 2015 at 7:11 AM, Anny Nym said:

Well, that happens ... ;)

latest?cb=20140921105128

I know that not a jackalope, but I sorta regret that we didn't get a jackalope when we were out West 40 years ago.  What in the hell would you call that? a squirrowlchickprongduck?

On 12/10/2015 at 10:30 AM, IreneIssh said:

This is really interesting! Out of curiosity @47of74, where do you do your research? Do you just find microfilms at the local library, or do you do ancestry.com or another site? 

Some of it was at area libraries, using microfilm.

I also got quite a bit of information from various family members, including some old pictures.  One time a distant cousin living in Europe wrote my grandparents.  Grandma and Grandpa just had the letter sitting so I took it and wrote back to the people and provided some more information.  I still communicate with them occasionally.  

• 5 months later...

Yeah I have a bit too much time on my hands.  So I used GIMP (free equivalent of PhotoShop) to create this of my sister's cat Marvel getting all comfy in the Iron Throne. 

uhoh.jpg

Here's another one with both of them sitting on the Iron Throne...I think Maggie wants that spot.

CatsThrone.jpg

• 4 months later...

Yep, this is a thing now...

metro.co.uk/2016/10/21/you-can-now-decorate-your-christmas-tree-with-felt-vagina-baubles-6206855/

Vaginas are brilliant. Just like Christmas, they bring delight, festive feelings, and the scent of roasted chestnuts.*

We can’t think of anything more fittingly Christmas-y to deck your halls with than vagina and vulva themed decorations.

Because Christmas is all about happiness, the spirit of giving, and togetherness. Same goes for your downstairs area.

So we were delighted when we discovered that one wonderful crafter is finally giving the world what it’s so desperately been waiting for: handmade vulva baubles, crafted out of felt.

• 2 months later...

I so wish I saw this before Christmas.  Years ago, my great aunt made my mother potholders that look like Mr. and Mrs. Claus's pants/skirt.  When you lift Mrs. Claus's apron there is a fur patch.  Mr. Claus has a fly/zipper that allows his man parts to come out.  I inherited these fine pieces of Christmas decor.  The vagina ornaments would be such a compliment to the theme.  Anyway, I'll be ready for next year.

Archived