IGNORED

Ghost Stories: Do You Haz?

FundieFarmer

On ‎4‎/‎19‎/‎2016 at 9:55 AM, Wenny said:

Dh swears she is either pulling our leg or made it up but the thing that got me is I didn't hear a peep from the girl. 

I think they are angels that step into a recognizable form when needed.

• Upvote 2

On April 21, 2016 at 1:18 PM, ksgranola1 said:

I think they are angels that step into a recognizable form when needed.

Interesting. I have never heard that. Did you read it somewhere or is it your theory? I consider angels a separate lineage....and I guess they certainly could do this. 

• Upvote 1

Our house is about 80 years old.  It was one of the 1st homes built on this side of the road.  The houses on the other side are all 1880-1890, and the side of the road my house is on used to be a farm.  Now, it's town.  Anyway, it wasn't long after we'd closed and moved in, my husband had stayed in the garage with some friends until late, and when he came in he was hungry.  I'd already gone to bed, so he drunkenly heats up some spaghetti-o's and sits down to eat.  He swears that when he took the first bite, the chair directly across from him scooted back, like someone was getting up.  I said he was just drunk, but then other things happened.  Like, I constantly catch a flash of white out of the corner of my eye.  Our cat (who is a cat, and therefore, nuts anyway) stares down the hall towards the front door and then freaks out.  Nothings happened for a couple months, though, so who knows.

• Upvote 1

On ‎2‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 3:48 PM, adidas said:

Note to self: if you wake in the middle of the night and can't get back to sleep, then think to yourself 'I might hop online and read until I'm sleepy' ... this thread is not going to help you. At all.

LOL!!

12 hours ago, 2manyKidzzz said:

Interesting. I have never heard that. Did you read it somewhere or is it your theory? I consider angels a separate lineage....and I guess they certainly could do this. 

I heard that somewhere. There has to be something to it b/c there are a lot of stories like this.

• Upvote 1

We lived in an old Victorian house in NY. My mother died there on January 27th. A year later, I was sitting on the couch, reading. It was quiet. In the silence, I noticed the old wall clock was ticking. My father liked to collect old clocks and fix them. He could never get it to work, but it was pretty so I used it. My mother said he got it from the men's room in Grand Central Station. But that clock had been in my life for some 50 years and it never worked. When my hubby came home I told my husband. He said, 'yes, it was ticking when I came downstairs this morning.' I was picking my brain for why, after all this time, it would pick now to start working. Then I realized. It was January 27th. My mother died during the night so I don't know what time she died. When my husband found her, he said she was cold. The clock stopped ticking at 11:44.

• Upvote 3

17 minutes ago, ksgranola1 said:

LOL!!

I heard that somewhere. There has to be something to it b/c there are a lot of stories like this.

Well, there are also the stories of people seeing the recently deceased and such, and so I would think it could be either....a REAL GHOST or an angel pretender.

I doubt we will get an answer on this side. lol.

3 minutes ago, ksgranola1 said:

We lived in an old Victorian house in NY. My mother died there on January 27th. A year later, I was sitting on the couch, reading. It was quiet. In the silence, I noticed the old wall clock was ticking. My father liked to collect old clocks and fix them. He could never get it to work, but it was pretty so I used it. My mother said he got it from the men's room in Grand Central Station. But that clock had been in my life for some 50 years and it never worked. When my hubby came home I told my husband. He said, 'yes, it was ticking when I came downstairs this morning.' I was picking my brain for why, after all this time, it would pick now to start working. Then I realized. It was January 27th. My mother died during the night so I don't know what time she died. When my husband found her, he said she was cold. The clock stopped ticking at 11:44.

Okay. So this is really something. Quite amazing. I wonder how this works. Seriously.

• Upvote 2

Does anyone else worry about old furniture they buy and bring into the house?

We didn't buy this, but I inherited an old bed that has been in the family for many generations. My Grandfather and many other kids were born in it. It is Eastlake, with a headboard over 5' 9" ( my height, never measured. ) Anyway I've experianced things like a book being knocked ( flew actually ) off an antique piano in the room. It was a novel - Interview with a Vampire. It had been there for days, so it wasn't a matter of placing it properly.

I was sick and sleeping in that room so my coughing wouldn't disturb Mr. Q. I had the light on and was sewing someting. I just got up and put the book back.  It did freak me out though. I do have a bundle thing of sage I made. 

Well, there is no definitive answer I h ave ever seen, although I have not researched the topic. On another forum a few years back there was a thread like this also. Many experiences.

So, when people die, are they just hanging around waiting for opportunities for "bleed through". A disconcerting idea. 

Guess we just won't know. And that is the way it is.

• 2 weeks later...

Over the last couple of weeks, doors to a buffet and a hutch have opened on their own, a picture frame was tossed to the floor upside down, curtains coming off windows that never have before .... and more footsteps upstairs.  Marbles The Dog sits on the landing and keeps looking up to the spare bedroom, where the footsteps are.... but no barking or freaking out.

No earthquakes here.  Just oddness.

• Upvote 2

On 4/23/2016 at 10:27 AM, Quivering Uterus said:

No. No, I wasn't.

Until you just mentioned it. :?

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, EyeQueue said:

Yes!  I bought two antique thingies,  and the stuff started happening again, last year, so I moved one piece out to the garage (and I am sure it has made its way to the burn pit since).  I thought let's move one thing out and see if things stop, and they did.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, MarblesMom said:

Yes!  I bought two antique thingies,  and the stuff started happening again, last year, so I moved one piece out to the garage (and I am sure it has made its way to the burn pit since).  I thought let's move one thing out and see if things stop, and they did.

Now I'm going to have to be on the look-out for this sort of thing. :)

We just moved out of a house that was haunted. My daughter is really sensitive to that kind of thing and says it was a child.  Can't tell you how many times things went zinging off the kitchen counters or the table. "She" slammed the bathroom door in my face one day. Nobody else in the house, no nearby windows so it wasn't a breeze. We were heading out to go swimming and I ran back inside for an extra towel. The light flickered and BAM. I could sometimes hear her laughing and one night I was on Skype with my bestie when he saw a dark shadow behind me, nobody there.  Our dog would look at a spot on the wall and bark incessantly, even growling at what seemed to be absolutely nothing. My IPod and sometimes the TV would turn on completely by themselves. We tried smudging the house twice, it didn't help. We just told her she could stay so long as she didn't hurt anyone.

We think my grandma is still hanging around her old house in Florida.  My mom lives in it now.  Grandma died in hospice but a few years back when my mom re-arranged everything she said a lot of weird stuff started happening.  Stuff falling off counters, things my mom knew she put on her bed were on the floor.  One picture of me my mom was dead sure she put on a particular table wound up back where it had originally been. I don't doubt it, my grannie was pretty opinionated!   I've definitely "felt" her there.

• Upvote 5

I think it is patently unfair that when someone dies they get stuck hanging around....or something. 

To whom would I complain. 

• Upvote 1

I'm up in the wee hours with insomnia and anxiety about a dental appointment I have this morning, so here goes...

This happened when I was 7 years old. Nothing like this has happened to me before or since.  I was walking down the hallway in my grandmother's house when a voice came into my head. It wasn't anything like my own internal dialogue. It was clearly someone else speaking. It was so astonishing that I froze in mid-step. 

The voice was neither male or female, more like pure thought, yet I recognized it instantly as my 16 year old sister. 

A little background: I had 2 teenage sisters. One had patience and empathy for me and my little sister. The other one, I'll call her Jenny, did not. She loved us but didn't like taking care of us and she never thought I was capable of understanding most things because I was just a little kid.

As I stood frozen in the hallway she said, "Aunt Susan is on her way over to tell you something that will be hard for you to understand. (I bristled at this). I want you to know that I am ok and I want you to always be happy. " She put extra emphasis on the last part. That was it, it ended. I tried to shake it off and went to my room to find something to play with. 

About 10 minutes later my aunt drove up and gathered all of us kids into the living room. She told us that Jenny had been in a car accident and had died. 

It was awful, of course, and I felt loss and grief. At the same time I knew in my bones that she continued to exist, she was still there in some way, although she never spoke to me again.  It was the first death I had to deal with at my young age and her message was very comforting to me. 

I'm still grateful for that. 

As I grew older I struggled through bouts of depression. I didn't know Jenny well due to the difference in our ages but I wonder if she did too. Maybe that was what the 'always be happy' part was about. 

Edited by Jucifer
  • Upvote 13

Wow,@Jucifer. That's a biggie. I've heard that "voice -in-the-head." But it just said "what can we do for you."

I guess there are just some things we're not supposed to know.

• Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...

The creepiest thing that's ever happened to me was while I was house sitting with a friend at his uncle's house. I ended up sleeping on the couch with tv on. I don't remember exactly what time it was, but it had to have 2-3 in the morning but I recall feeling being shaken awake. At first I thought it was my friend but when I opened my eyes there was nothing there. The air in the room felt very still and right above me I felt the presence of something dense but of course I could not see anything. I felt like I could barely move, but after 10 seconds or so I was able to move my arm enough and I reached for the tv controller and turned up the volume of the tv. As soon as I did that whatever it was gone. 
A couple nights later after I had returned home, it happened again. But this time it wasn't as intense, and I was able to sit up as soon as I felt the dense presence, and it was gone very quickly. I remember thinking as a teenager that something had followed me home. But it never happened again.
Now that I'm older I try to think of things more logically, maybe I was half awake and experienced some sort of sleep paralysis,  I can never be sure. However the duel incidents remain a very vivid memory. 

• Upvote 3

This isn't really creepy, it's kind of positive, and I don't pretend to know how to interpret it, but..
My Grandfather, who everybody called Bud, died in 1987.  He had an older brother, I'll call him "Uncle Will" who by that time had suffered from late-stage Alzheimer's for several years, and by 1989 he needed help to even move, hadn't spoken for a while and no longer showed recognition of anybody.  But, the day Uncle Will died his wife "Aunt Betty" and his son were with him, and they said he sat up suddenly and said with a big smile, "Betty! I just spoke to Bud!  He said he's made a place for me!" Not long after that, he passed away.  Those were the only understandable words he had spoken for a year or so.      

• Upvote 8

@PraiseDog this reminds me of my MIL, who also passed from Alzheimer's.  About a week before she left, she said "Did you just see my husband?  He was just here." 

FIL has been gone since 1981.

• Upvote 2

On May 10, 2016 at 0:38 PM, ksgranola1 said:

Wow,@Jucifer. That's a biggie. I've heard that "voice -in-the-head." But it just said "what can we do for you."

I guess there are just some things we're not supposed to know.

That is interesting KS, can you share the context in which you heard this? I have never heard nuthin'

Well, I was just sitting at my computer & I just heard the words in my head. I had been wondering at the time about spirit guides & how all that works. I think they were just trying to make contact. And I was at a loss to tell them what they could do w/me; I was so stunned. The other day I was sitting here and I heard whistling. Right behind me. I was alone. It was loud. Apparently, if you leave yourself open & willing to accept a visit from the other side, they will find you.

About people speaking that haven't for a while & "visitations," I can vouch for that. I don't know if I told you this before.

I used to work in a nursing home. Very often ,a patient would tell me they had a visit from a deceased relative & I had to stand there w/my assistant and not freak out.  And sure enough, in the not-too-distant future, they passed on. Of course they were all circling the drain, anyway.;)

I had an elderly lady in my church whose MOTHER,100 yo, had had a stroke & was bedridden. I would go over a couple times a week to help her w/her. She just stopped talking about a year before she passed, so Doris didn't expect her to. One afternoon, Doris said she fell asleep on the sofa in the living room. She said she never naps or falls asleep in the daytime. And she was startled awake by her mother calling her from the top of the stairs. She thought that was odd b/c her mother couldn't get out of bed, but she said she knew the sound of the upstairs hallway & that it was loud. She called up to her, "I'm coming, Mother." And when she got up there, her mother was dead.

• Upvote 1

@ksgranola1. Very interesting stories. And I hadn't really heard that if you remain open to it you might receive a visit from the other side. I am not open to it and that is why I guess I haven't, I would freak. Many comments throughout literature, or maybe just a few, about the veil. And so it doesn't part at times. No idea what that means, probably nothing. 

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

Jucifer, I reading a book called The Happy Medium by Kim Russo. She mentioned this very thing about "hearing" a message in your own head. She said it's our spirit guides. I feel better knowing that. I feel better just knowing we have spirit guides!:my_rolleyes:

The ghost in my house has been quiet for a while now. Two nights ago, I was just settling down to get to sleep, about 9PM. Hubby was up in living room w/tv on, but the door to the hallway was closed. My bedroom door was open. Suddenly, I heard BAMBAM! I sat straight up and turned on the light. It was obvious it was on my bedroom door. It was so load.

So I guess he's back.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, ksgranola1 said:

Jucifer, I reading a book called The Happy Medium by Kim Russo. She mentioned this very thing about "hearing" a message in your own head. She said it's our spirit guides. I feel better knowing that. I feel better just knowing we have spirit guides!:my_rolleyes:

The ghost in my house has been quiet for a while now. Two nights ago, I was just settling down to get to sleep, about 9PM. Hubby was up in living room w/tv on, but the door to the hallway was closed. My bedroom door was open. Suddenly, I heard BAMBAM! I sat straight up and turned on the light. It was obvious it was on my bedroom door. It was so load.

So I guess he's back.

Are spirit guides actual people who have passed away....that is my impression. Not Angelica. 

Do you talk to your ghost and ask him to be "nice"?