IGNORED

Message from the ABC girls!

mango_fandango

The way I understand it, the ofNate family have scheduled time on Fridays for practicing their public presentation and performance skills, which probably means that the aunties go round to listen to them sing and recite the bible verses they have been learning that week, and the whole family cheer at the end.

Which is something that probably goes on in most families in one form or another, without the rigid schedule or the bible verses.  When I was little, we loved to perform little skits for family, but we didn't call it anything more than it was.

Presumably, this is the start of a new weekly series of blog posts, to tie in with Sarah's new books, and to entrench the Ofnates in joining back in the family conference circuit.

That is an interesting point. I wonder if OneTonRamp is winding down so they can pass MOTH,etc., on to a new generation?

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As to the Maxwells not noticing Abby's speech impediment because of their isolation, I mean, come on. Yes, they've circled the family wagons but it's not like they live on a compound in the wilderness, completely free of contact with the outside world. Insular, yes. Isolated, no. They're probably well aware of Abby's issues. The question is whether they've done anything about it. It's possible that they've consulted a professional and she's receiving speech therapy. It's also possible that they've seen a professional and been told she'll grow out of it (as my daughter did with her issues). Unfortunately, it's also possible that they've decided to deal with it themselves. You know, in the same way Anna is now a "nutritionist," maybe Melanie went online to the appropriate Maxwell-approved sites and is now a "speech therapist." In any case, we'll never know.

I agree they're not on a compound, but you'd be surprised at how much people have their heads buried in the sand when it comes to their children, especially when they don't have the easy comparison yardstick of school.  I have a friend whose wife homeschools their kids. The 12 year old can barely get through Berenstain Bear books and the 10 year old doesn't know her math facts. The mom had no idea this wasn't normal until their kids had to start presenting in church a few months ago and their children were the only ones who couldn't read notes off of the index cards. She actually used to state her kids were advanced, because they had learned how to knit and helped with cooking.

And my friend (the dad), who is definitely the parent who is more on top of things, was surprised when I brought up his one daughter's speech. He had mentioned it as something cute but he didn't know it was something that would probably need speech therapy and had no idea that other eight year old can say their "r"s correctly. 

In the case of my friend and his wife, arrogance is definitely compounding the issue. But I suspect that is also a compounding factor in the case of the Maxwells...

Re the speech issue: They may think it's normal little-kid pronunciation. Think of Maddie Moody and her "wacy" socks. Think, also, of the younger Arndt boys, who share an unfortunate "family accent."

They would never get Abby's speech looked at. I don't think the kids are around other kids that much for them to notice that she might have an issue. 

They're adorable little girls but it is sad how coached they are. I was reading an older thread yesterday about how birthdays aren't celebrated in Maxhell anymore because "it focuses only in one child and it makes them selfish" (or something) and that instantly came to mind when they mentioned their favorite part was the ending because "everyone cheers for me". :pb_confused: 

They are absolutely selling something.  If they weren't it wouldn't appear on tits2.  I googled about for anything called "young presenters" and I didn't come up with much.  My prediction is we will be hearing all about their new book/website/program; The Young Presenters: Training up your arrows to be robots for God.  

The first thing that struck me, other than how cute the girls are, is how much more natural they seem on camera than Sarah.

Definitely. My nephew is 6 and has the same speech issues and he goes to therapy twice a week. My aunt, who is a speech therapist, has told me that there's a small window for completely correcting "r" issues. 

The one thing I hold out hope for is that Maxwells don't seem totally against medical intervention. Mary had braces. So Abby might have a shot at getting some help in that area. I'm wondering if because the Maxwells are so isolated they don't realize her speech is slightly off. 

And in total agreement with everyone else that Tina is ridiculously cute. 

Interesting about the small window thing. My daughter had issues with her "r" sound and her pediatrician didn't recommend therapy until she was almost 8. We had actually asked about it a year earlier and were told we could do therapy or wait a bit and see if it resolves on it's own. Two or three months of therapy and the issue was completely resolved. So, I'm not sure that Abby having a speech issue at her age is evidence that her parents are refusing therapy.

Also, I can't imagine that they are not aware of the issue. At minimum I'm sure someone in Melanie's family would point it out.

I liked how Christina had to be coached to say she liked  "Bible". 

That cracked me up.

That is an interesting point. I wonder if OneTonRamp is winding down so they can pass MOTH,etc., on to a new generation?

I was judging them much more harshly. ;) 

I think the 1tonramp failed because it was selling shit to a limited audience, and Nate, much lke Steve before him,has been reduced to pimping out his family to supplement his income.

Sarah's new series will almost certainly feature the OfNate children and it is probably part of the plan that Steve heard from the Lord to keep Nathan's family involved in his ministry and away from the worldy influences of Mel's family.

They're adorable little girls but it is sad how coached they are. I was reading an older thread yesterday about how birthdays aren't celebrated in Maxhell anymore because "it focuses only in one child and it makes them selfish" (or something) and that instantly came to mind when they mentioned their favorite part was the ending because "everyone cheers for me". :pb_confused: 

Do you have a link? I don't remember that.

I transcribed the video.  I'm assuming the female voice belongs to Melanie and the Male is Nathan. 

A: Hello my name is Abigail welcome to the young presenters This is my sister Bethany and Tina. 

Female: Nice, so what do you do on Friday Nights?

A: Um we give presentations

*Camera cuts*

Female: And Bethany what’s your favorite part of a presentation?

B: Um, at the end when they cheer for me that’s my favorite part

Female: You like that part the best?

B: Uhhuh

Male: Bethany Is it hard to know what to do a presentation on, How do you pick?

*Tina Shakes head*

B: Like mommy askses us some questions on what we’re going to do and what –we /you think mommy thinks you should do and stuff.

Female: Hmm right

Male: Has it been hard for you Abby to know what to do a presentation on?

A: Sometimes, like once I did it on raising up the swings, and all that kind of stuff.

Male: Tina do you like doing presentations?* She nods* What’s your favorite part?

C: After. Cheering. Bethany. At the end.

Male: Do you have any other special things you do on Friday nights?

C: Oh yeah! Um, My bible verses.

Very off topic, but Charliemae I'm laughing that your rank is frumper lover and your avatar is of the Maxwell women in what has to be the ugliest of their matching frumpers.

Did you guys see the new updated About Me page/pics? Sarah's bio says she would love to be a wife and mother but she's waiting on the right guy. That's new, isn't it? Sorry if this was talked about already in another thread.

Holy Cow, I just looked up Grace K. Maher and if you look at her FB page there is a big ole' photo of a bunch of Maher family babes and kids in quite defrauding clothing (shorts!!!!) with Abigail and Bethany hanging out having fun with them in their skirts.  I may be late to party on this one, but I was unaware of how much info was out there about Melanie's family.  I like seeing the girls having contact with aunts and cousins outside the Maxhell world and that their parents allowed them to have their pictures on a FB post with defrauding aunts.  That bodes well IMO. I mean, about as well as can be expected.

Holy Cow, I just looked up Grace K. Maher and if you look at her FB page there is a big ole' photo of a bunch of Maher family babes and kids in quite defrauding clothing (shorts!!!!) with Abigail and Bethany hanging out having fun with them in their skirts.  I may be late to party on this one, but I was unaware of how much info was out there about Melanie's family.  I like seeing the girls having contact with aunts and cousins outside the Maxhell world and that their parents allowed them to have their pictures on a FB post with defrauding aunts.  That bodes well IMO. I mean, about as well as can be expected.

Yay! That's some awesome news.  :D Nice to know they are being exposed to life outside of Maxhell. 

I've read their birthday article several times. I felt so bad for them. The whole thing about the kid being selfish really got to me. 

It's very disturbing, isn't it? That post made me so sad! It's completely normal for a child to look forward to their birthday party and talk about it constantly! That's part of being a kid! I know adults who get really excited to celebrate birthdays! 

I wonder if it is this "frivolity" in the ofNate family that prompted Steve's article about homeschooling meeaning that families should be spending more time at HOME.

It's very disturbing, isn't it? That post made me so sad! It's completely normal for a child to look forward to their birthday party and talk about it constantly! That's part of being a kid! I know adults who get really excited to celebrate birthdays! 

Agree!  It's what kids do. The Maxwells didn't want their kids to act like kids & have issues when they do. I'm sure they have issues if their grand kids get excited for their b-days. 

I wonder if it is this "frivolity" in the ofNate family that prompted Steve's article about homeschooling meeaning that families should be spending more time at HOME.

Catching frogs (I forget exactly what they were getting ready to do in that pic) is probably the least of Steve's concerns with his grandchildren spending time with Melanie's family. More "disturbing" activities include Easter eggs, celebrating an aunt graduating nursing school, and attending a wedding with dancing (and likely drinking).

With regards to the birthdays, my oldest granddaughter and I have birthdays a day apart.  We love to plan out what we are going to do to celebrate.  I can't imagine not wanting a celebration and being made special for a day.  

So the birthday child gets excited about the big day.  That's what happens Steve.  It's normal, and after the birthday things go back to normal.

Archived