IGNORED

Holiday projects?

DaisyD

I finally get my turn to host Thanksgiving at our house this year after about 8 years. My sil and mil have been taking turns and beating me to the punch for invites. I've had a warp dyed and waiting to become a table runner and placemats for for almost that whole time. After I invited everyone late last month I realized that I had better get on that warp. As so often happens while I weave, I decided to make some celtic knot binding to go around everything. So I now have the whole warp woven, and part of it over dyed because there was just too much yellow and not enough red, and the warp for the tablet weaving dyed. I have no idea if it will be done before thanksgiving ( I need like 20+ yards of binding), but I'm going to try. I always do this to myself at the holidays. I get all ambitious and over extend myself.:pb_lol:

Anyway, what are you all working on for the holidays? 

As usual I have too many projects I am attempting to do at once. I want to crochet hats for all my nieces (2 out of 5 done), embroider a little doodad for my mom, and make a humorous cross stitch pattern fir a friend. I also want to crochet a new blankie for my blankie-obsessed one year old.

OmG, my Christmas Projects pinterest board has already over 200 Pins! :pb_lol:

Cross stitch: Advent calender for us. A bread covering, pillows, a Almtuch out of an old original pattern for my SIL.

Crocheting: That amigurumi place mats looking like my sister´s dogs for her as a gift.

Tree ornaments out of felt for selling at the Charity Christmas Market (stars and hearts with simple embroidery). Not to mention all the winter crafts for the kids, i have gathered around 5 Kilos of different cones last week for them to paint and glue on ^^.

I forgot. I've been thinking of smiting copper Christmas tree ornaments for stocking suffers too. That for December though. :pb_wink:

My thought was to make balls, possibly with stones. Smithing is just the shaping and soldering. I just realized that I had a typo before. I meant smithing. :pb_lol:

I'm somewhat envious of people with the patience for cross stitch. I've done two projects in my life, and just don't have what it takes. :pb_lol:  How do you keep track of what line you're on? I have a clipboard with the tablet weaving pattern on it and a hair pin to slide up and down. There has to be a better way. The magnet thing seems like it would be really fiddly though, since I go through rows faster than with cross stitch. 

How about pictures? Here's my binding. I'm super curious about the crocheted dog placemats. 

20151107_131506.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Not necessarily a "holiday project", but I've started working on a replica of the European (mostly copenhagen) Christine Elissa skirt from Phantom of the Opera. And I want to make a blouse from a 50s pattern for my mom as a gift for Christmas (once I find the pattern in my mess of a bedroom).

Archived