IGNORED

My Titus 2 Order is Here!

anjulibai

I'm excited, I got the order today. My Colorado with the Moodys book has Sarah's signature and a Bible Verse: Phil. 3:13-14. It's dedicated to, surprise surprise, her family! The last several pages are listed as resources, but they are really ads for Titus2 products. Same with Keeping Our Children's Hearts. Also, it looks like they didn't change very much in KOCH. Sarah, Christopher and Nathan's ages are listed as their 20s. Not sure why they couldn't update their testimonies. 

Oh, and Max is meant to be Joseph. Max winds up married to a girl named Elisa and pregnant within the first year. 

Also, Sarah doesn't know what an epilogue is. Hint to Sarah: it's not telling your readers this is the last book in the series. 

I'll keep you all updated as I read through the books. I'll go with the Colorado with the Moodys first, because it's new, unless you all want me to go through KOCH first. 

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bwah-ha-ha-ha-HA. This is gonna be fun. 

I vote for Colorado over KOCH. Trynn, I hope you feel like procrastinating!

Oh, I also got 3 shiny inserts for Titus 2 products. One for Teri's Sweet Journey/Sweet Relationships books (not sure why she doesn't write another for that series), one for iTonramp, though I'm not sure why bother, and one tri-fold for all of their products 

Looking forward to your reviews.  Also, could you post a pic of Sarah's signature?  I'm curious to see what it looks like.

I'd rather read the epilogue.

I can start with that, if you all want. I know from the last thread a lot of people were curious. It's not labeled the epilogue, though, just 10 years later. What Sarah calls the epilogue is her just explaining that she felt the Lord's calling to end the series, but she really likes to write children's literature, so she'll has another series coming forth. 

I'll try to get a picture of the signature soon. I just realized it's sparkly. 

OMG, so in the big update of KOCH that they were pushing a few weeks ago they couldn't even bother changing the ages of the three older kids?

Maybe Sarah's ending the Moody's as she couldn't bear for them to grow up, get married, leave home, like her own siblings (brothers at least) are doing.

ETA:  Thanks for reviewing the books!  Looking forward to it.

I can start with that, if you all want. I know from the last thread a lot of people were curious. It's not labeled the epilogue, though, just 10 years later. What Sarah calls the epilogue is her just explaining that she felt the Lord's calling to end the series, but she really likes to write children's literature, so she'll has another series coming forth. 

I'll try to get a picture of the signature soon. I just realized it's sparkly. 

I know this is what I'm most interested in. Is there a character that's meant to be "her?" Is she living at home, writing shitty kids books, or is she married with a quiver of her own? I'm so curious!

The entire family (including Grandma and Grandpa) is seating down to dinner and they are still talking about this hiking trip they went on 10 years ago. Max is a jerk and makes fun of something Mitch did back when Mitch was 10. This includes acting it out and repeating the odd things Mitch said. 

An awkward quote by Mitch, who is all of 20: "There was [a bridge] - made of logs. But in my boyish enthusiasm, one crossing just wasn't enough."

Mollie is almost 22 and getting married in 16 days. Grandma apparently forgot that and had to ask. Her fiance is named Lucas and is a pastor in Africa. He's got a young and growing church there. There's no house, though, for them to set up yet. That seems rather un-Maxwell like. If Mollie is Sarah, and this was Sarah's dream for herself, it's interesting that she wrote herself moving to the other side of the world from her family.

An awkward quote by 11 year old Melissa (called Lissa, btw): I'm counting on being able to e-mail Mollie and talk to her on the phone sometimes, so hopefully I won't miss her too much. 

There's some talk about Moses, Melissa's twin just wnating to be a groomsmen, which is apparently hilarious, and then something about rocks. 

Max is married to a girl named Elisa, who is blonde and has "determined blue eyes". She's also short. That' all that's said about her. They've only been married 10 months and they are expecting their first baby. Max bought Grandma Clifton's house when she went to living in the nursing home. Apparently Max is studying to become a pastor and he has offers from churches in several states. Oh, and he programs software for a company. I'm not sure where Max is studying, but he mentions a Greek test the next day, so a seminary maybe? Going to seminary? Maybe leaving the state? Not really Stevehovah approved. 

Awkward quote by Max: Joey is coming over for prayer at 5:30, so morning will arrive early.

Dad own's a construction business now, Moody and Sons (note: the defunct Maxhell construction business was Maxwell and Sons). He was able to purchase because Aunt Olga gave him $10,000. Hmm, I thought you were supposed to save for your business. They're business is doing so well they employ other people. How is that llowed?

And suddenly it's the next day. They are all going for a run as a family, except Max, who is putting on some pounds because he's married and doesn't exercise. Mitch says he's going to continue exercising after he gets married.

Apparently Mollie changed her favorite ice cream from Cookie Dough to  Cookies and Cream because Lucas likes. 

Then it's after Bible time, and Mollie is going over some orders for her on-line sewing business. Apparently Maddie and Melissa are taking over the business when Maddie leaves. The way Mollie speaks to her younger sisters is very... I don't know, like she's there mom. Not sure how to describe it, because there's not a lot of dialogue here. 

Then Mitch comes in and then goes to his truck to pick-up Joey. Awkward, condescending quote: Mitch preferred to save money for his house instead of investing in a fancy new truck. Mitch picks Joey up, but apparently Joey forgot from that morning when he saw Max that Max was not going to be there. I'm not sure how, because it's still the early morning. Joey is cancer free, which he credits God with. He also wants to be an evangelist to inner city New York or Chicago after he graduates high school. Wow, really not Maxwell approved.

Interesting trend, through: everyone who can wants to move away!

My laptop is dying at the moment, so I'll try to finish this up later. 

There's MORE? Somehow I can't see it getting any more interesting—not that I'm surprised, but hope springs eternal. I guess the Maxwells Moodys ride off into the sunset as dull and individually indistinguishable as could possibly be expected. We're gonna need to start a liquor fund for you that's comparable to Buzzard's, anjulibai. :my_biggrin:

Then it's after Bible time, and Mollie is going over some orders for her on-line sewing business. Apparently Maddie and Melissa are taking over the business when Maddie leaves. The way Mollie speaks to her younger sisters is very... I don't know, like she's there mom. Not sure how to describe it, because there's not a lot of dialogue here. 

There's a shocker.

Wow, interesting! Thanks for posting that, @anjulibai

[...] Also, it looks like they didn't change very much in KOCH. Sarah, Christopher and Nathan's ages are listed as their 20s. Not sure why they couldn't update their testimonies. [...]

Huh? Are they just lazy or being deceitful??

Oh, I also got 3 shiny inserts for Titus 2 products. One for Teri's Sweet Journey/Sweet Relationships books (not sure why she doesn't write another for that series), one for iTonramp, though I'm not sure why bother, and one tri-fold for all of their products 

Why are they still sending out ads for 1TonRamp? It's over, right?

[...] Maybe Sarah's ending the Moody's as she couldn't bear for them to grow up, get married, leave home, like her own siblings (brothers at least) are doing. [...]

I kinda get that, but she had almost 10 years of Moody life to write about ahead of her until the older kids would have started to fly the nest. Why did she quit now? I don't get it. I thought the Moody books sold well?

Max bought Grandma Clifton's house when she went to living in the nursing home.

Sarah really seems to think that that's the normal course of events ... Has she heard about people selling houses to non-family members?

I know this is what I'm most interested in. Is there a character that's meant to be "her?" Is she living at home, writing shitty kids books, or is she married with a quiver of her own? I'm so curious!

I think the Moodys are based on the reversals, who in effect are the children Sarah brought up, while Teri was depressed.  Sarah doesn't feature in the book, but you have to wonder if, at some unconscious level, she is exposing Teri's appalling mothering skills, with the descriptions of Mrs Moody taking frequent naps, and standing visibly in a corner during a game of hide and seek.

I kinda get that, but she had almost 10 years of Moody life to write about ahead of her until the older kids would have started to fly the nest. Why did she quit now? I don't get it. 

She heard from the Lord (Steve) that it was time to stop.  

I wonder if the Lord was uncomfortable with the way we have critiqued the books, and found so many unpleasant parallels between the Moody parents and Steve and Teri?

He will probably feel much more comfortable having Nathan and Melanie's parenting under the spotlight in the new series.

Something to think about, eh Steve? ;)

Then Mitch comes in and then goes to his truck to pick-up Joey. Awkward, condescending quote: Mitch preferred to save money for his house instead of investing in a fancy new truck

Didn't John buy himself a new truck? I swear I remember this happening.

So, Max, Mollie, Mitch, Maddie, and Moses and Melissa. Max, again, is obviously Joseph ("Elisa"—really, Sarah? At least the hair color's different, I guess), but then I wonder why the birth order is shuffled and who Melissa is supposed to represent since there's no third reversal girl. Unless Sarah imagines herself as Mollie, and then the remaining kids do play out in the right order...?

Also, if the new series will indeed be about Nathan's kids, that might still open up a broader window on the family than Sarah necessarily intends, like if Grandpa is seen favoring his grandsons or Grandma is really parsimonious with story time. Dad and his ill-defined "job." One uncle and his suspiciously "brilliant" wedding photography, and another uncle who goes on clandestine trips to unspecified countries. And the SAHD aunt who writes children's fiction but lacks the imagination to write about anything beyond her own limited experiences. Actually, it'd be REALLY interesting to see how Sarah depicts Melanie's side of the family...

So, Max, Mollie, Mitch, Maddie, and Moses and Melissa. Max, again, is obviously Joseph ("Elisa"—really, Sarah? At least the hair color's different, I guess), but then I wonder why the birth order is shuffled and who Melissa is supposed to represent since there's no third reversal girl. Unless Sarah imagines herself as Mollie, and then the remaining kids do play out in the right order...?

Also, if the new series will indeed be about Nathan's kids, that might still open up a broader window on the family than Sarah necessarily intends, like if Grandpa is seen favoring his grandsons or Grandma is really parsimonious with story time. Dad and his ill-defined "job." One uncle and his suspiciously "brilliant" wedding photography, and another uncle who goes on clandestine trips to unspecified countries. And the SAHD aunt who writes children's fiction but lacks the imagination to write about anything beyond her own limited experiences. Actually, it'd be REALLY interesting to see how Sarah depicts Melanie's side of the family...

I honestly think Mollie is Sarah. The birth order is changed because the eldest child being a son is ideal. From previous things I've read on the blog, firstborn sons are important to God. 

Oh, I forgot to add. Apparently, Mr. and Mrs. Delome move to Colorado.

So that's 5 people that have moved or are planning on moving far away. Subconsciously, at the very least, Sarah wants to leave. 

I think Mollie is Sarah too because in the first book the things Mollie did were things Sarah did. Interesting that she has herself getting married young and moving far, far away. 

So the series ended as we predicted. Sarah likely had to end the story as she did because she couldn't write 10 more years of the same story. Nothing new would have happened in those ten years. These people do the same thing, day in and day out, year after year. Sarah's experiences as a children are pretty much the same as when she was a teenager and now an adult. Neither Sarah, nor her siblings, were allowed to experience the same growth the rest of us have. She lives Groundhogs Day. 

The inclusion of the ITOnramp brochures in the shipment suggests to me that the books were prepped for shipment/sale  a while back.. the keepers of their hearts books could have had the ITonRamp inserts added long ago to make sure anyone who bought one at their table or by mail got the ad.  Not removing them might have been an oversight, determined to be too much work, or perhaps they are hoping for their fans to demand they keep it going. 

Given that they have plenty of staff, it seems like an odd thing to have let slip by. 

I think I must have missed something somewhere- who is Joey?

I find it really interesting Sarah has people leaving (like, seriously leaving, not across-the-block leaving)...including the character based on herself. That woman wants out and stat, even if she doesn't consciously think she does. I hope a nice man comes along for her and gets her out of Maxhell. An older sibling/young uncle of Elissa's, perhaps?

Awkward quote by Max: Joey is coming over for prayer at 5:30, so morning will arrive early.

That's almost like one of those Yogi Bera quotes.

The 10 years older Moodys actually have much more interesting lives than the grown up Maxwells.   Max might move to another state.  And Mollie moving to Africa?  Wow.  So far nothing so interesting has happened to the Maxwell siblings.

I'm just hoping Mr. Delhome has spent the last decade learning how to keep his sausages from squirting, and how to properly clean his grill.

I'm surprised about Aunt Olga giving Mr. Moody money to start a business too.  Also, is Aunt Olga Mr. Moody's sister?

Archived