IGNORED

Fast with Steve for 10 days!

Letgo

Why can't Steve fast alone? Why make others suffer. I love food! Why would I fast for 10days? It just tempts me to email or send pics of delicious food to Stevehovah

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It doesn't. But I think Steve is aware that he has grown a pot gut and he's resorting to fasting to whittle down his belly. Unfortunately, fasting has the opposite effect over time, so the fasts are becoming longer and more frequent. He could just pray for the power to resist Anna's baked goods. Or accept the fact that a little tummy is just what happens to most men his age, unless they are ultra-fit.

I'm actually wondering how on earth Steve could have gotten any kind of small belly? With their lifestyle, which basically consists of Stevehova scaring his family into following his cult, working out and eating meager meals (tasty stuff would be too much fun after all), I'm wondering how the anyone in that house could have a bmi over 19.

But maye Steve has a secret stash of sweets, junk food and non-diet pepsi hidden somewhere... :pizza::burger:

So, how are folks here going to anti-fast?  I'm sure my fellow FJers are strong and convicted enough to handle 10 days of anti-fasting!

:bacon:    :pizza:   :beer:    :burger:     :margarita:

I'm all for an anti-fast!

Since he works from home and only ever exercises at Teri's pace, he probably does get a bit chubby.  He doesn't go anywhere on a regular basis, the house is pretty much single storey, the chores are split 7 ways. Sex is unlikely to be of the energetic kind...

Wonder if Steve's doing a Daniel fast which is kind of like going vegan for a few days.

Maybe he's just doing water.....or liquids.  I can't think water only for 10 days would be a good idea. 

I'm Muslim and even we eat and drink (well many people binge) before sunrise and after sunset during Ramadan.  It's not uncommon for people to gain weight when they're supposed to be fasting because there are so many sweets and special desserts and stuff.  Also, a lot of people basically eat all night and sleep all day.  

I will save some of our Satan Sweets (Halloween Candy) to eat during Steve's Fast.  

Unless he sends them to trade school or college, the chances of them supporting themselves seems pretty slim. Could sara afforde to self publish a a book about the little Cooties? (I suppose she could try an ebook)   What salable skills do they have? Do 3 churches in there area  each need  paid church secretaries?    And would they qualify.

Finance Manager 
North Cross United Methodist - Kansas City, MO 
$30,000 a year

The Finance Manager is responsible for Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Payroll and Bi-Annual contribution Statements. Other duties assigned.

Proficient computer skills in Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook and experience with accounting software program similar to Power Church, or QuickBooks.

Job Type: Full-time

Salary: $30,000.00 /year

Local candidates only:

• Kansas City, MO

Required experience:Bookkeeping/Accounting: 1 year

Required education:

• Bachelor's

So, we have 3 more or less unqualified / untested  women who would likely rely on jobs in retail, fast food or maintenance (maids, dishwashers, etc) for hotels, hospitals or nursing homes. 

The idea of freeing them reminds me of a bit in Mork and Mindy where Mork tosses an egg into the air telling it to fly, and it falls and smashes on the counter top.  These girls, despite Steve's stated beliefs to the contrary, are not exactly ready to fly on their own. 

They would all probably have to start with minimum wage jobs. I think eventually at least one of them could get enough experience to get an okay job. I think they would all probably enjoy working with children, but I also don't think someone like one of them should be dealing with kids on a regular basis. All that talk of death all the time...yikes. It would put quite the damper on playtime if they only got to play funeral and house.

I think the Maxwell daughters would make good caretakers for senior citizens, who want to stay in their own home, but aren't able to do all the household chores anymore. So they could cook, wash, clean, shop etc. for them, accompany them for walks, church and so on. That would be a job they could manage I guess.

How the hell does fasting from chewing bring you closer to God?

WRT pregnant women fasting, who made Steve an OB/GYN. Smoothies aren't going to satisfy the calories needed for a pg lady.  And if you are a brittle diabetic it could friggin kill you. I think Steve is falling into the rabbit hole himself. Here's hoping he doesn't end up in the back of an ambulance hallucinating and having D5W and KCl pumped into his veins. 

Since he works from home and only ever exercises at Teri's pace, he probably does get a bit chubby.  He doesn't go anywhere on a regular basis, the house is pretty much single storey, the chores are split 7 ways. Sex is unlikely to be of the energetic kind...

Ohh gurl, why did you make my mind go there?!:brainbleach:

WRT pregnant women fasting, who made Steve an OB/GYN. Smoothies aren't going to satisfy the calories needed for a pg lady.  And if you are a brittle diabetic it could friggin kill you. I think Steve is falling into the rabbit hole himself. Here's hoping he doesn't end up in the back of an ambulance hallucinating and having D5W and KCl pumped into his veins. 

Honestly, that might not even be the worst thing that could happen. It might lead to doctors reading him the riot act, and maybe his family would also see that Stevehova isn't the infallible leader he always makes himself out to be.

When I think about it, it seems the fasts are getting longer and coming closer together.  That, combined with his desire to lead others to fast with him all smacks of cultish behavior.  Almost like he's slowly turning up the heat to see how they will respond.

Steve strikes me as very calculating, and this whole deal has an ominous feel to it (imo).  He isolates his "children", instills fear of "the world" in them, and then uses that fear to control every aspect of their lives.  Even the adult children who have left seem to be firmly under his control, most not even daring to leave the street their parents live on.  

The other thing I noticed is that when his sons married, they are referred to as extended family instead of immediate family.  That's very strange to me.

Trying to get ahold of a Pumpkin spice muffin with Creamcheese from  Starbucks for my anti-fast. No luck so far...:kitty-shifty:

Also,  if Steve really is trying to get sick and make people feel sorry for him. .. how despicable. 

When I think about it, it seems the fasts are getting longer and coming closer together.  That, combined with his desire to lead others to fast with him all smacks of cultish behavior.  Almost like he's slowly turning up the heat to see how they will respond.

Steve strikes me as very calculating, and this whole deal has an ominous feel to it (imo).  He isolates his "children", instills fear of "the world" in them, and then uses that fear to control every aspect of their lives.  Even the adult children who have left seem to be firmly under his control, most not even daring to leave the street their parents live . .

He and Mother Gothel from Tangled would be BFF's.:kitty-wink:

Rather than fasting I'd like to see lol steve flagelate himself with a leather whip for ten day's

photographed by Christopher   anyone want to ask him In his blog?

Steve strikes me as very calculating, and this whole deal has an ominous feel to it (imo).  He isolates his "children", instills fear of "the world" in them, and then uses that fear to control every aspect of their lives.  Even the adult children who have left seem to be firmly under his control, most not even daring to leave the street their parents live on.  

The other thing I noticed is that when his sons married, they are referred to as extended family instead of immediate family.  That's very strange to me.

I wonder if all the treats and celebrations are calculated, to keep the family close, and to have them believe daddy loves them and therefore they must believe that the weekly meetings and death sermons are an act of love too.

Teri is either a happy captive or an over-it abuser (or both) at this stage though.  She seems very smug and entitled to be lording it over others as a Titus2 woman, and demanding that her grandchildren enjoy spending time with her (when they probably don't).

I cringe reading Teri referring to her daughters as "her girls". It is so telling. She refused to acknowledge they are grown women who should be in homes of their own. (Since Mary is 19, she might have another couple of years.)

Teri, let your children go. Clean your own house, cook your own food. They are not your unpaid housekeepers. 

Fast?  No thanks.  But I did just have a Christmas tree Little Debbie cake, so that kind of made my afternoon happy.

Those are out already? I must go buy a box and eat them all in honor of Steve! 

Whaaat? I understand "leave and cleave", but that's :cray-cray:

Trying to get ahold of a Pumpkin spice muffin with Creamcheese from  Starbucks for my anti-fast. No luck so far...:kitty-shifty:

Also,  if Steve really is trying to get sick and make people feel sorry for him. .. how despicable. 

He and Mother Gothel from Tangled would be BFF's.:kitty-wink:

I was actually pondering this a bit while I was working. While I am in no way a "certified expert" in psychology, I do find that question pretty interesting.

Would Steve love it if he got sick while fasting, or would he hate it?

Getting sick means loss of control. Over your own body and over the people around you. You can't really control what they are up to if you're stuck in bed or, even worse, in hospital. Also, for his public image, it would be slightly embarrassing to admit that he, like those weak wimins folks, isn't strong enough to endure 10 days of fasting.

However, getting sick means control in other ways, more subtle, psychological ones. How often do you hear "how can you do that to xy, when he/she is so ill", or " xy would be so disappointed in you". Emotional blackmail at its finest. Also, Stevehova might publicly stylize himself as martyr.

I think as Steve gets older and feels his control slipping (and also potentially has dementia issues), the heat will be turned up more and more and things like extended fasts, paranoia, and even further isolation will only increase. I'm legit worried about where things will go in the next ten years. If none of the girls get married in the next five, I just have this squicky feeling that things could get really ugly. Completely unscientific, but it's a feeling I just can't shake. 

November 9th is next Monday. I have no classes that day!! I am so signing up for this anti-fast :D It's also my cousin's birthday so I'll be celebrating that in a way. I'm in Germany on a study abroad year (I do a languages degree) and so I can stuff myself with lots of awesome food. Maybe even a bratwurst! Let's hope it doesn't explode!

I signed up for Teri's Women's Fast. I don't have issues with occasional days of fasting to try to refocus priorities. I would like to improve my spiritual life as I've been lax about all things religions recently. I think Steve's 10-day fast is likely dangerous. I'm glad for the explicit acknowledgement that people who are pregnant/nursing/other health concerns should not do a traditional fast. Here is Teri's welcome email:

Dear Sister,

Our first fast was in November of 2014. We have had three other fast days since that one. Some of you have fasted with me each time, and for some of you it is the first time. Thank you for your willingness to set aside the pleasures of food for a day to pray and seek the Lord for deep burdens of our hearts. 

I am memorizing Psalms 86, and felt that this would be a wonderful theme verse for this ladies’ fast and prayer day: “Give ear, O LORD, unto my prayer; and attend to the voice of my supplications.” (Psalm 86:6) 

I am excited once again to join you, my sister, in fasting and prayer for burdens on your heart that are serious enough to set aside caloric food and drink for a day. I will send out a reminder e-mail the weekend before the fast since it is still a little ways off. 

Please share with me via email, either during the fast or afterwards, what the Lord does for you during our fasting and prayer day. 

In Christ Jesus,

Teri 

Here’s what I recommend for details. 

Date: Monday, November 9th

A no-food fast following Sunday evening dinner on the 8th and not eating again until breakfast time Tuesday morning on the 10th.

If you have a health condition, such as diabetes, then you will find you can still fast by taking on some carbs/calories through a vegetable juice such as V8. It won’t have all the sugar that fruit juices have and should help. As always, check with your doctor if you have questions.

Nursing and pregnant moms who can’t fast from food can find something else to fast from such as: media, sweets, soda, coffee, or even chewing (by making smoothies for calories and nutrition that day)

What to drink? Water is recommended. I also drink herbal tea sweetened with stevia. 

Other drinks with calories? Water only is recommended unless there is a medical need for some calories.

Praying/Fasting: It isn’t just about not eating. Fasting is about voluntarily humbling ourselves before the Lord as we turn to Him in prayer.

How much time can you devote to prayer? Hopefully, much more than a normal day since you aren’t eating meals. Be deliberate with your prayer time. Schedule it; then make it happen.

Specific times I will be praying: much of the day actually, but so you can pray at the same time if desired here are some set times—Central time zone: 5:25 to 6:10 am11am to 2 pm, 5 to 6 pm. You can pray anytime, but if it’s important to pray at the same time, you should be set. 

I'm actually wondering how on earth Steve could have gotten any kind of small belly? With their lifestyle, which basically consists of Stevehova scaring his family into following his cult, working out and eating meager meals (tasty stuff would be too much fun after all), I'm wondering how the anyone in that house could have a bmi over 19.

But maye Steve has a secret stash of sweets, junk food and non-diet pepsi hidden somewhere... :pizza::burger:

Or the meals he eats are too carb heavy (burritos with no meat in them?), probably lots of beans, grains and starchy vegetables with minimal amounts of meat, if any. 

Sounds almost like the start of an eating disorder. 

I think Steve is feeling a lack of control, and this is his way of getting it. I also think he knows he'll likely be ill for part of it, and is secretly hoping it scares his family. Good way to gain control is to guilt loved ones into worrying about you.  

I imagine if Teri is fasting only for a day, that the Sarah, Anna and Mary will only be obligated to do so for a day, but Jesse and John might be required to fast the same as Steve. That would be very difficult. 

I think you are on the money with his lack of control possible guilt feelings over something. I really tried to understand fasting for religious reasons. I am an adult convert to Catholicism and it just never quite made sense. My step mom who is not a Catholic fasted from meat for months because her oldest was a meth addict who had been to several treatment centers. It seems like she was trying to convince God to heal her son, like she was twisting His arm. That is always how I view it. I can get abstaining from things that perhaps occupy  my time a little too much (cough cough internet) and spending that time in more productive ways.

Also there are many different ways to fast. It could be sunrise to sunset, or certain foods. The fast Catholics practice during Lent has a person eat one meal and two snacks, but they don't specify size and quantity.

Archived