IGNORED

Happy 5th to Christopher and NR-Anna

twin2

It's been 5 years since the Maxwells, as Sarah put it

enjoyed standing with Christopher and Anna Marie as they covenanted before the Lord Jesus and witnesses.

I predict the event will be celebrated with a family meal and special family bible time.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
enjoyed standing with Christopher and Anna Marie as they covenanted before the Lord Jesus and witnesses.

I predict the event will be celebrated with a family meal and special family bible time.

Extended family meal, actually, and fellowship.

You are correct.  Because once someone marries and moves across the street they are no longer 'immediate' family.

Sarah's creative development of new verbs will never cease to bring wonderment to my eyes.

Hopefully an animal cracker for all

And maybe they had extra beans in the burritos.

Hopefully an animal cracker for all

And maybe they had extra beans in the burritos.

Let us hope there were no extra beans I. The burritos. Somehow I think passing gas is frowned upon by Stevehovah.

Hate to admit it, but the photo of Christopher and NR-Anna is really beautiful.  Probably because Christopher didn't take it himself.  NR-Anna is a beautiful girl.

Sarah's creative development of new verbs will never cease to bring wonderment to my eyes.

I looked it up and apparently "covenanted" is a real word. I wouldn't have thought so either, but hey.

Also, there is an extremely detailed review on Amazon for one of her books. It was quite sad because this person was genuinely perplexed at the interests and actions of the children and how the father was harsh and somewhat disengaged. I am not sure if the author of the review realized that the unrealistic way Sarah's characters talk is a result of her isolation from not only culture but any other peers, and that the family dynamics are merely a reflection of the terrible entrapment she must still endure even as an adult. 

Even if the author was an FJer or of another snark background, I hope Sarah reads that review. Not that it would do anything in reality. If someone else brought this up already, I apologize. 

Hate to admit it, but the photo of Christopher and NR-Anna is really beautiful.  Probably because Christopher didn't take it himself.  NR-Anna is a beautiful girl.

She is. Even in that friggin' fugly frumper. And it's her 5th-anniversary-best frumper too, no doubt.   

Sweet, sweet fellowship.

NR Anna truly is beautiful. I bet she would come along great with Michael (Bates) Keilen. These both women seem to be the very few who truly thrive in this lifestyle, producing new arrows and being domestic goddesses. But Chris... he was born as a middle-aged man with a stick in his ass and a phone on his belt.

I guess all the married sons get an anniversary post instead  of a birthday one.

Your probably right!  

Agree NR-Anna is a nice looking person. 

I looked it up and apparently "covenanted" is a real word. I wouldn't have thought so either, but hey.

Also, there is an extremely detailed review on Amazon for one of her books. It was quite sad because this person was genuinely perplexed at the interests and actions of the children and how the father was harsh and somewhat disengaged. I am not sure if the author of the review realized that the unrealistic way Sarah's characters talk is a result of her isolation from not only culture but any other peers, and that the family dynamics are merely a reflection of the terrible entrapment she must still endure even as an adult. 

Even if the author was an FJer or of another snark background, I hope Sarah reads that review. Not that it would do anything in reality. If someone else brought this up already, I apologize. 

There were a number of folks from FJ who wrote reviews after she had her book free for a few days.  I was one of the longer ones, there was another FJ member, whose name is escaping me right now, that did a long, well thought out one as well.  Sadly, Sarah will probably never read them, Steve will shelter them from her.   In fact, Steve actually responded to one of the negative reviews for her.  On the off chance she would see one, I'm sure Steve would just convince her it is all lies from those that don't love the lord and want to persecute Christians.  Truthfully, Sarah is so sheltered, I don't think she would even understand that the Maxwells Moodys are not the perfect family.

I just realized why pictures of Anna Marie make me so wistful.

15 years ago, I was her exact age and in her exact phase of life - married and a SAHM with three little ones.  I also looked a great deal like her, right down to the frumper and the hair color/length/style.  

I hope she is as happy as she looks, and I hope she has not, is not and never will suffer with PPD like I did a couple of times in those years.  Because we all know such wallowing in depression is simply not allowed in Maxhell and must be prayed away.

Why oh why did Christopher wear his phone on his belt for an anniversary picture? It just looks so ridiculous. 

And why no pictures of the kids?  We rarely ever catch a glimpse of Ruthie, and I sometimes forget that Lydia even exists!  With all of the pictures of the ABC girls, and even Joshua, it's really starting to bother me. Is there something wrong with them?  Are they unwell? 

Why oh why did Christopher wear his phone on his belt for an anniversary picture? It just looks so ridiculous. 

Steve might call?  I imagine that Steve is to his sons, by phone, as fundie husbands are to their wives, by bed.  Unavailable isn't an option.

And why no pictures of the kids?  We rarely ever catch a glimpse of Ruthie, and I sometimes forget that Lydia even exists!  With all of the pictures of the ABC girls, and even Joshua, it's really starting to bother me. Is there something wrong with them?  Are they unwell? 

I would like to think that Anna Marie does not want them plastered all over the blog and said so (albeit through Christopher).  i hope she did that.  But I could be wrong.

If it wasn't the Maxwells, my guess would have been it was an everyday, run of the mill photo taken for no particular reason, that Sarah just happened to choose to post for their aniversaries.  However, as this is the Maxwells, and there is no such thing as spontaneity of course these anniversary photos were scheduled in advance. So :doh:

I am cynical, and I think Christopher and NR Anna's kids are not featured as often as the ABCDs simply because the ABCD kids are more photogenic.  They chose a single grandchild, Bethany, for the new cover of Keeping Our Children's Hearts.  She also happens to be the most photogenic of the ABCDs.  Steve is a businessman.  He knows what moves his merchandise.

Slightly OT but I have to say, I can't imagine having 8 grandchildren and then choosing only one to put on the cover of my reissued book.  Bethany is a gorgeous child, but she is one of eight.  Putting her on alone was a straight up marketing decision.

I am cynical, and I think Christopher and NR Anna's kids are not featured as often as the ABCDs simply because the ABCD kids are more photogenic.  They chose a single grandchild, Bethany, for the new cover of Keeping Our Children's Hearts.  She also happens to be the most photogenic of the ABCDs.  Steve is a businessman.  He knows what moves his merchandise.

Slightly OT but I have to say, I can't imagine having 8 grandchildren and then choosing only one to put on the cover of my reissued book.  Bethany is a gorgeous child, but she is one of eight.  Putting her on alone was a straight up marketing decision.

I would have found the book cover more appealing if all of the grandchildren were featured. Like, look at all our wonderful blessings! As it is, the picture they did choose of Bethany is not the best of her, even though she is photogenic. 

My grandmother has always had favorite children and grandchildren, but I think even she likes to brag about all of them at some point. Hell, it's the large number that makes her feel proud. 

Perhaps Steve thinks his grandchild number is too low at this point? 

Archived