IGNORED

Pennington Birth Certificate!

Marian the Librarian

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, Cactus said:

Great news!

Intriguing that James has now chosen to help her. I wonder what changed his mind about being an obstructive jerk?

Texas House Bill 2794

• 4 weeks later...

Bumping to report - Lisa has a new "Pennington Point" FB post lamenting the fact that 

So many of you share with me that your teen/young adult daughters can't find friends. 

My girls have had the same struggle. So I thought you'd like to share their new YouTube series with your girls so they can find some long-distance sisters!

And, a comment from one of her leghumpers:

And just a thought.... It could be that they were not meant to have alot of friends, because God has such great plans for them. Take me for example... I had a lot of"friends" growing up. Come to find out that they were really just distractions in God's plan for my life! Also there is no friend like your sister and your mom. Another truth I found out later on in life. Embrace each other, God and His plan.... for then you are truly rich girls

Lisa, you isolate your homeschooled daughters, suggest the best they can do is "find some long-distance sisters," refuse to provide them with the legal documentation essential to successful adulthood, and then wonder why they're struggling?? For fuck's sake, connect the dots already. Your "golly-gee-whillikers, I just don't get it" act is beyond old, and completely ridiculous.

(On a happier note: Alecia Faith has just posted a new, post-haircut pic on her FB page, and she looks gorgeous and awesome.)

I don't know... if God's plan is that you have to skip school, get married young and have a lot of kids, couldn't having friends help with that? One of them might have a brother who is single. 

I'm new to this thread (had to find something else to read as Jill, Erika and Jean/Jim are quite boring at the moment). I went to check out Lisa's blog and found it very confusing and stuffed to the gills with money-making stuff. Can anyone tell me why they changed their last name? And why their blog is so different from the other fundies here?

I think James was born a Sublette, but some Sublette relative  did something really awful, so he changed his name to Pennington. 

Alecia Faith has no problem making tons of new friends!  Just sayin'. 

1 hour ago, jegfile said:

I'm new to this thread (had to find something else to read as Jill, Erika and Jean/Jim are quite boring at the moment). I went to check out Lisa's blog and found it very confusing and stuffed to the gills with money-making stuff. Can anyone tell me why they changed their last name? And why their blog is so different from the other fundies here?

Search the phrase "Pennington name change" in the FJ search box, and you'll get links to the "Pennington Point Daughter Escapes/Has no IDs," Parts 1 and 2 threads. There's discussion of the name change in both threads.

The fact that Lisa's blog is a hot mess makes perfect sense to me, given its source. IMNSHO, I think it's quite similar to many other fundie blogs discussed here, in that many of them are all about sales-in-the-name-of-Jesus. "You buy my overpriced essential oils, I'll buy your chorepacks and badly written, self-published books."

The haircut is gorgeous.

In other news, she just moved to Austin.  I hope that means she is taking some college classes--UT is almost certainly out of reach but there are other schools there.

17 hours ago, VVV said:

The haircut is gorgeous.

In other news, she just moved to Austin.  I hope that means she is taking some college classes--UT is almost certainly out of reach but there are other schools there.

There are plenty of moderate christian universities in Texas, Baylor comes to mind in particular. 

1 hour ago, tumblr said:

There are plenty of moderate christian universities in Texas, Baylor comes to mind in particular. 

Baylor is in Waco, not Austin, and it is very expensive.  I was thinking more along the lines of Austin Community College.  UT is the obvious presence in Austin (where she has just moved) but it is extraordinarily difficult to get into as a Texas student unless one was in the top 7% of a Texas public high school graduating class.

Bumping to report - both Lisa and James have posted on FB that daughter Patience is now in Ethiopia working with the "One Child Campaign" mission/charity. 

IIRC, Patience was the only one born in a hospital - hence, her ability to acquire a passport and travel.

Think of how many more missions-related bragging opportunities they would've had if the rest of their children were born in a hospital and thus had passports.

So true @VVV, Austin is riddled with colleges and universities.  As they say, you can't swing a cat without hitting a Ph.D.  For this reason, Austin Community College has some amazing instructors and there are multiple campuses in town. Plus, it's cheap.  Many students go to ACC to get the basics out of the way and pay the larger buck when they are ready to switch to junior year at a four-year school. 

Southwestern University in Georgetown, TX, a small Christian liberal arts college, would be ideal for her but it weighs in at about $50,000/year for room, board and tuition. 

I suspect that she is still an extremely conservative Christian girl, but she should be meeting enough other college-aged Christian girls that she will be able to sort it all out. 

Just read Lisa's most recent blog post: 

My older kids are all off on adventures and my younger ones have a load of school work. 

Wonder if she and James realized that if they didn't let the kids do a little something away from home, they might lose them all.  

21 hours ago, Howl said:

Southwestern University in Georgetown, TX, a small Christian liberal arts college, would be ideal for her but it weighs in at about $50,000/year for room, board and tuition. 

A friend my mine went there and seemed to do fine.  She and her wife met there, so it might be a bit of a culture shock for someone coming from Alicia's background, although living in Austin would probably provide enough shock already.

Honestly, if you're coming out of a bad homeschool situation, a community college would be the best bet.  They will be cheap, decent quality, have the remedial courses to fill in the gaps and enough practical skill courses to pick up a useful job quickly.

Here's Lisa, on the Pennington Point FB page today:

I'm quizzing my high schoolers today on the Gettysburg Address and the Emancipation Proclamation. 

As I ask the questions I hope they don't notice how much I don't know myself!

:COLERE:

Where is that head banging emoticon when I need it??

3 minutes ago, Marian the Librarian said:

Here's Lisa, on the Pennington Point FB page today:

:COLERE:

Where is that head banging emoticon when I need it??

Hear ya go! Pick your favorite: :angry-banghead:   :bangheaddesk:    :5624797b0697e_headbash:    :shakehead:

(I find it by searching "head" and it comes up)

19 minutes ago, quiversR4hunting said:

Hear ya go! Pick your favorite: :angry-banghead:   :bangheaddesk:    :5624797b0697e_headbash:    :shakehead:

(I find it by searching "head" and it comes up)

Cool! Thanks!!

Thank you Lisa Pennington, for proving what we are discussing in the JRod thread- a homeschooling certification. That's not cute, it's kinda scary [emoji87]

• 3 weeks later...

So I'm emerging from lurkdom, because the snark is strong today! A friend posted on facebook today about vaccinations. It seems she's friends with Lisa Pennington. So Lisa comments about how they didn't vaccinate their kids, blah, blah, blah. Its all I can do not to reply with something like, yeah you didn't get them birth certificates either and look how that's turning out! :my_angel:

Oh gotta be honest @Evil Feminist, I would be struggling to bite my tongue there too. I have a friend who's friends with the Jeubs and I struggle with that one too. Well heck. We run in reformed circles and thanks to FJ I'm always pretty quick to be like, "UM HELLO..." and then I realize I have to temper my responses :D

This reminded me to check Faith's facebook page.  She has a picture of her awesome new haircut, which was liked by Hope Pennington and.....wait for it.....James Pennington, her dad! 

She'd also changed her cover photo to poster of the Trust Your Struggle Collective  and is a sales associate at Amour Bridal, meaning she's got A JOB! 

• 6 months later...

Faith has updated her Help Me Prove It Facebook page. She just got her social security number, and her legal identity is complete! FJers also might be interested in the GoFundMe she plans to set up for college.

Archived