IGNORED

Pennington Birth Certificate!

Marian the Librarian

This news makes me so happy!  I hope it means that her relationship with her family has normalized and she can visit often and that Lisa will stop in to visit with her on her trips with the Dallas daughter. Where Alecia Faith lives is kinda on the way between Dallas (older sister) and Kerrville (the Pennington enclave). 

Although we have our issues with Lisa, she is Alecia Faith's mother and having an in-person mother-daughter relationship beats shunning and estrangement in almost every way I can think of and it means having a relationship with siblings, whom I'm sure she has missed over the last year.  Hope, hope, hoping Lisa & James will repair the relationship with Lisa's parents, 'cause, ya know, "honor your father & mother". 

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is this your for real family?

Faith Pennington: Yes ma'am! Those are a few of my siblings

Awesome!!! How many siblings do you have?

Faith Pennington: 8 sibs 

Jeez! Lol your mom let you see everybody?

Faith Pennington: Yes! My oldest sister lives in Dallas, so I didn't get to see her. But I got to see the rest of the bunch.

That's so great!!!

Faith Pennington: Yeah! It had been over a year since I last saw most of them. They are all so tall and look different. Lol I'm sure I've changed too. It was kinda surreal.

Interesting that despite being a patriarchal family, mum was the one who allowed her to see her siblings, and is consistently the one who publicly calls the shots.

How much the father's doing behind the scenes is another issue, but Faith herself seems to be confirming that mum was involved/made the decision to let her in the house.

How patriarchal are these families (and I'm including others such as the Shupes in that), and how much are the wives using religion & patriarchy as a form of control & martyrdom.

Bumping to report that Faith's sister Patience Pennington has somehow managed to acquire a passport! She posted a picture of it on her public Instagram page, along with the news that she is going to Ethiopia early next year to take part in a media mission trip. "I received my passport book in the mail, a long time coming but it's finally here."

I'd love to know the backstory on this one...

3 hours ago, Marian the Librarian said:

Bumping to report that Faith's sister Patience Pennington has somehow managed to acquire a passport! She posted a picture of it on her public Instagram page, along with the news that she is going to Ethiopia early next year to take part in a media mission trip. "I received my passport book in the mail, a long time coming but it's finally here."

Was Patience birthed in a hospital? If so, she'd have had a birth certificate from the get-go. 

I wonder if Patience would have stepped out on her own if Alecia hadn't? Seems like Alecia is setting an example for the rest of her siblings.

9 hours ago, Marian the Librarian said:

Patience is the one Pennington child whose birth was registered with the State of Texas at the appropriate time.  I don't know why--maybe she was born in a hospital due to some kind of emergency? 

Here's the link to the Texas Birth Index, 1903-1997, on Ancestry.com.  Do a search on father = James Sublett (the Pennington name came later) and mother = Lisa Southworth.  Patience shows up; none of the other older children do.  http://search.ancestry.com/search/db.aspx?dbid=8781

Well, there's always been a way to get a birth certificate if the parents are co-operative & willing to do the paperwork.  I suspect if any of the other more obedient kids need a birth certificate to get a passport  to travel for a mission, Lisa and James will take the necessary steps.  If any of the other kids rebel, there is now a law (you know, the one that James P. thinks is "draconian") to force the parents to provide confirmation of birth as a U.S. citizen. 

Is Patience the daughter nannying for Lisa's sister in Dallas? 

10 minutes ago, AmazonGrace said:

I still don't understand the BC aversion. Does God love you more if you can't prove your citizenship?

It's all about "No gummint is gonna keep track of me and tell me whut ta do!"

2 hours ago, Howl said:

Well, there's always been a way to get a birth certificate if the parents are co-operative & willing to do the paperwork.  I suspect if any of the other more obedient kids need a birth certificate to get a passport  to travel for a mission, Lisa and James will take the necessary steps.  If any of the other kids rebel, there is now a law (you know, the one that James P. thinks is "draconian") to force the parents to provide confirmation of birth as a U.S. citizen. 

Is Patience the daughter nannying for Lisa's sister in Dallas? 

No, that's Grace, who in her mid-twenties is finally deemed mature enough to be under the thumb of a family member other than Lisa, all towards the end of making it appear as if the adult Pennington offspring are actually launching.

This was posted on Alecia Faith's facebook.  Really, if you need to laugh or be happy, you can't go wrong with this laughing bride: 

I looked up Grace; she's a fairly prolific writer in the Young Adult, Sci Fi, Fantasy genres and also narrates audio books. 

jgracepennington.com/books-writing/

Mother or not, I think being shunned by a narcissist is a gift.  A year hardly seems like enough time to get your bearings after being raised in that kind of enmeshed, controlling environment.  I'm happy for Faith that she might get to reestablish contact with her siblings, it must have been terribly hard to be separated from them, but I saw the way her older sibs went after her on social media.  I have my doubts about whether this rapprochement is the best thing for Faith overall.

Faith seems like an exceptional young woman.  So, maybe she has better odds than most of steering her way through the obstacle courses that are her parental relationships.

Just checking her current life on facebook, I'm guessing she desperately needed the stimulation of just being around emotionally healthy young people not her family.  And a boyfriend. Like, um, a normal teenager.  She obviously has not lost her faith and is not "rebellious".  She's involved with her new church and interns at a teen center, which I'm assuming has a Christian focus.   Who knows what led her to be more of an independent thinker than her siblings, but I think this way of longing for something beyond her limited family life made her more mature than her older siblings and better able to function in the "outside" world.  I'm so hoping that her sibs are exposed to her life and understand that you can live away from the parental umbrella and not totally fall apart.            

Re: Grace as an author

There is something so Victorian about this situation -- the spinster stay-at-home daughter trapped at home without prospects turns to writing.  I might see if any of her books are at my local library.  I have nothing against self-published authors.  However, one thing publishing companies do is provide editors; without one,  no one would give you professional feedback or help you through the rough spots or better organize your plot line, or tell you to start a fire in the grill and dump your manuscript on it and guide you in how to crawl back to your former workplace after you told the boss to shove it. 

Years ago I saw author Jean Auel speak (at that point only Clan of the Cave Bear had been published) and she talked about how many total rewrites that book went though before it was ready to be published.  

4 hours ago, Howl said:

Re: Grace as an author

There is something so Victorian about this situation -- the spinster stay-at-home daughter trapped at home without prospects turns to writing.  I might see if any of her books are at my local library.  I have nothing against self-published authors.  However, one thing publishing companies do is provide editors

I will be utterly flabbergasted if any of Grace's books have ever seen the inside of a public library. 

• 3 weeks later...

Bumping to report that Lisa has re-posted the link to her August 2014 "When Your Adult Kids Still Live at Home" blog article on the "Pennington Point" FB page. Ensuing comments include:

Why do you have four adult children living at home? No judgement just wondering.

The Pennington Point: That post is a few years old. Two of those 4 are not living at home anymore. It's a process. 

I was just wondering if there was a particular reason or not  thanks for the reply!

The Pennington Point: There's not an overall reason. It's based on each of their individual needs and plans.

The article itself is lengthy, I know it's been discussed here before. I'm wondering why she's chosen to repost her WTF-ery now - looking for a fresh reason to cry persecution?

I am sympathetic to my kids’ situation.  They are adults living a child’s life.  They need to break out and believe me….we want our little birdies to fly from our nest.  I am not anxious to be the head of an adult living center.

Here's her final, Biblical admonition to her adult children unpaid slave laborers (bolding mine):

And when all else fails I can remind my adult kids of what it says in Deuteronomy 21:18-21 “If a man has a stubborn and rebellious son who will not obey the voice of his father or the voice of his mother, and, though they discipline him, will not listen to them,  then his father and his mother shall take hold of him and bring him out to the elders of his city at the gate of the place where he lives, and they shall say to the elders of his city, ‘This our son is stubborn and rebellious; he will not obey our voice; he is a glutton and a drunkard.’ Then all the men of the city shall stone him to death with stones.

"The Pennington Point: There's not an overall reason. It's based on each of their individual needs and plans."

She is so full of shit.

2 hours ago, Marian the Librarian said:

Bumping to report that Lisa has re-posted the link to her August 2014 "When Your Adult Kids Still Live at Home" blog article on the "Pennington Point" FB page. Ensuing comments include:

The article itself is lengthy, I know it's been discussed here before. I'm wondering why she's chosen to repost her WTF-ery now - looking for a fresh reason to cry persecution?

Here's her final, Biblical admonition to her adult children unpaid slave laborers (bolding mine):

Because Faith is SUCH a glutton and drunkard. :pb_rollseyes: Good lord lady, she's a faithful church-attending Christian with a devoted Christian boyfriend. She has a job helping others, and I doubt she drinks or smokes. She loves her family with her whole heart and has not a bad word to say about any of them (though she could). What more do you want?

On 25 December 2015 at 11:00 AM, VVV said:

I will be utterly flabbergasted if any of Grace's books have ever seen the inside of a public library. 

Hope writes too - she's made a post on FB a few days ago about publishing her first novel and described it as "a light comedic fantasy"...

She's asking people on her FB to design the cover, so I guess it's another self publishing effort like Grace's books/stories/novels/whatever

A light comedic fantasy? OH BOY!

btw, if anyone wants to know what constitutes humor in the world of Hope Pennington, have a look at this video she posted. I'm rolling on the floor dying it's so funny, you guys. :pb_rollseyes:

A light comedic fantasy? OH BOY!

btw, if anyone wants to know what constitutes humor in the world of Hope Pennington, have a look at 

video she posted. I'm rolling on the floor dying it's so funny, you guys. :pb_rollseyes:

Maybe I'm reading into this wayyyy to much, but is this her commentary on how bullshit all the religious dogma the Penningtons and other fundie families follow? Notice how the female has almost zero say and is talked over, and she has zero decision making power.

More likely a light comedic fantasy, but a girl can dream?

12 hours ago, 16strong said:

btw, if anyone wants to know what constitutes humor in the world of Hope Pennington, have a look at this video she posted. I'm rolling on the floor dying it's so funny, you guys. :pb_rollseyes:

Aaaaand that's three minutes of my life I'm never getting back.

A happy update from Faith's "Help Me Prove It" FB page:

As of yesterday afternoon, I have a Texas drivers permit! With my dad's help, I was able to obtain one smoothly and successfully. We were in and out in fifteen minutes.

Hoping that this will help me get the rest of my identity so I can pursue life!

Thanks to all of you for your support!

Archived