IGNORED

Pennington Birth Certificate!

Marian the Librarian

Not much new to report, but Lisa did post a Thanksgiving post addressing her daughter:

http://thepenningtonpoint.com/2015/11/today-i-am-thankful/

Basically she doesn't like to discuss it because the haters like to attack her. As usual, she is working on forgiveness (instead of trying to see her own flaws and why she would need to be forgiven). She is thankful that God has removed toxic people out of her life (probably her parents). She was shocked some of her friends took her daughter's side, but now God is giving her more trustworthy friends.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

She talks, but all I hear is "I, I, I, me, my..." over and over again.  It's ALL about Lisa.  Except for the "wrong" part- that's Faith of course.  Because LISA didn't say Faith could go.  LISA didn't say Faith deserved a life, identity, birth certificate.  LISA didn't give her blessing for Faith to go.  LISA wasn't done using Faith as a servant.  LISA wasn't done posing for stupid pictures that made her appear like a queen and her children appear to be her staff.  

Makes me sick.

Alecia Faith is on facebook.  Shouldn't be too hard for Lisa to check in and know that her daughter is doing just fine, thanks, going to church and being a normal, albeit very conservative young woman.  You know, the kind of daughter any normal mom could be super proud of.  

No tats, no piercings, no bad-boy boyfriend, probably still living with grandma and grandpa and being a generally great kid. This is all just sad.  

Alecia Faith is on facebook.  Shouldn't be too hard for Lisa to check in and know that her daughter is doing just fine, thanks, going to church and being a normal, albeit very conservative young woman.  You know, the kind of daughter any normal mom could be super proud of.  

No tats, no piercings, no bad-boy boyfriend, probably still living with grandma and grandpa and being a generally great kid. This is all just sad.  

Alecia Faith on FB is probably what Lisa refers to as 

The very, very limited accessibility we have with her

which is of course...

a precious treasure to me

Yeah right. You had the whole, entire daughter to treasure for 18 years, and failed her by quashing not only her dreams and desires for a different life, but probably her personality and soul as well. It's YOUR fault she ran Lisa, yours and that of your arrogant husband. No one else. There were no bad influences, no "toxic" friends or family. In fact I'd go as far as to suggest the really toxic people involved were again, YOU Lisa. You and your domineering husband. I hope you are sensing a recurring theme here. 

Watching Alecia Faith make a success of her life would make a normal parent burst with pride, so it has to burn Lisa and Whats-his-name to sit back and watch her achieve without them, and despite them, not because of them. May it burn long, and may it burn hard.

This whole thing where Lisa acts like Alecia Faith has joined ISIS and lives in a crack house is just driving me crazy.  

Lisa, Here's what you write in the Christmas card to your daughter:

Honey, I'm so proud of you!  Although we don't agree on some things, I so admire your independent spirit.  You are strengthening your faith by being deeply involved in your new church and making so many new friends.  I know you're becoming an adult and creating your own life outside our family, but just know I'll always love you as my daughter.  Let's have lunch together or come to family Christmas to visit with your brothers and sisters.  They miss you so much, as do I.  Bring the boyfriend, we'd love to get to know him.  Much Love, Mom

See Lisa, it's not that hard, is it?

Edited to add that I think Alecia Faith's main crime and the crux issue underlying everything else is that she defied her father, uh, the patriarch, who then decided to shun his in laws and likely his daughter, which Lisa is so not discussing. 

This whole thing with Alecia Faith reminds me uncomfortably of my own parents, and of a friend of mine and her family. Not fundie, but we're both lesbians, and my friend's relationship is interracial as well. My parents are just...very controlling and reputation-focused, while my friend's parents are conservative Catholics.

It's hard. Always is. My friend can't bring her partner to holidays with family, or talk about that part of her life, and when I got married, I had been expressly told not to (like I needed permission? Not a child!), and some bad accusations were made against my wife.

I'm not saying those experiences are anywhere as difficult as leaving what Alecia grew up in. But, there are some of the same elements (manipulation, guilt, exclusion, and holding money/documents/resources over someone's head). And there are lessons to take from all of these situations.

In key moments in someone's life, like when they escape (whether that is an actual escape or an escape from, oh, let's think, a closet), the things you do and say as a parent at that specific moment in time matter.  You only really get one chance to get that right, and "getting it right" involves a lot of self-examination and showing actual acceptance and love. I think if you get that key moment wrong, you can never really go back to how the relationship was, and you can really ruin it all at once. Something "breaks."

You can, as the parent, try to improve the relationship later on. But, it won't be the same again, and it's best to keep your feelings about it out of view (at least from where the estranged kid could see it, hi Lisa!) And it takes a lot longer to rebuild and reestablish a relationship where you're not in authority any more. It's a big shift for the parent, too, I'd imagine.

And honestly, seeing Lisa's post is making my parents seem almost okay. My parents are still super-problematic and try to control me, but at least my mom is taking some steps. This Thanksgiving, she got along much better with my wife and complimented her kitchen skills (Ms. lawlife stayed behind to help mom cook when I went to visit my grandmother in the nursing home), didn't food-police us, and didn't get on my case about any affection we might show. And sometimes, mom comes to have lunch with me. She has started asking how Ms. lawlife is, stopped with the direct criticism, and doesn't ask about Every Aspect Of My Life. Honestly, we often end up talking about news or politics (we're mostly the same politically, so no fighting), or my mom's puppy. But, I prefer small talk over fighting or tearing me down.

Lisa needs to take steps, too. Like figure out non-controlling things she might talk to Alecia about, and how to bite her tongue when she wants to criticize. And accept that her daughter won't tell her everything. But she won't.

Here is a picture of said puppy, to lighten my hard post.

Rosie photo.jpg

Very nicely put, lawlifelgbt. And that is one cute pup.:pb_biggrin:

Lisa really does have a very Lisa-Lisa-Lisa-centric view of things, doesn't she? I find people who manufacture that much drama, and demand that much constant attention, to be the most exhausting sort. I'd leave too.

Alecia Faith, OTOH, appears to be thriving (at least based on what I can see on her public FB page). She also mentioned her mom there recently, referencing a crafting idea: "Saw this, and it totally made me think how much fun my mom and I would have making these, and coming up with our own ideas!!!" Which only makes me wonder more, just how cut off from her family is she, really?

And here's Lisa's "Pennington Point" FB post for today: 

Over the weekend James told me he wanted to have a December budget planning meeting with me on the first (today). 

So naturally I spent all day yesterday online buying as many Christmas gifts as possible.

There's a healthy marriage dynamic for you... 

Well looky here, another cutesy-pooh "how I spend our money behind my husband's back" post on Lisa's FB page today:

I kissed James goodbye early and he questioned, "Where are you going with wet hair?!"

"Oh, I have an early haircut appointment in the city. Then I am going to run some errands."

He raised his eyebrows, "So, just how much money do we spend on your hair?"

Kiss. Hug. "Gotta go! BYE!"

It would appear that Lisa is the only Pennington who is allowed to be a naughty little girl.

I've never read about Lisa Pennington before but today, on my Facebook newsfeed, there was an article about saving money on Christmas gifts for large families and Lisa Pennington and Kelly Crawford were both quoted in it. It felt so weird knowing these names from FJ. :pb_lol: I'm trying to find the article. 

Well looky here, another cutesy-pooh "how I spend our money behind my husband's back" post on Lisa's FB page today:

It would appear that Lisa is the only Pennington who is allowed to be a naughty little girl.

That certainly appears to be the case!

Also, she was at Disney AGAIN last month?  Why is this grown woman so freaking obsessed with Disney?

Quite budget-friendly, too, for this household diva.  Oy. 

I swear, Lisa's reading about herself here on FJ, and posting this nonsense on FB on purpose (bolding mine):

I told the stylist to give my hair a little "Mary Tyler Moore" flip because my husband has a 7th grade crush on her and I want to charm him when I get home. 

Hopefully that will help him forget how much I spent today.

Hi Lisa! :kitty-wink: 

I've never read about Lisa Pennington before but today, on my Facebook newsfeed, there was an article about saving money on Christmas gifts for large families and Lisa Pennington and Kelly Crawford were both quoted in it. It felt so weird knowing these names from FJ. :pb_lol: I'm trying to find the article. 

Erica Shupe is also mentioned in the article, and the link was posted in the Shupe thread too: http://www.countryliving.com/shopping/a37002/big-family-christmas-shopping/

Some of the other women mentioned aren't familiar names to me, but the names of their blogs do sound QF.  I wonder if Country Living was so focused on the kitsch of getting advice from "moms of large families" that they completely overlooked the religious aspect, or just don't care about that.

Damn this photo needs a warning! I was in the middle of my morning coffee and let's just say this photo is what really woke me ups. Yeeessshh

Very nicely put, lawlifelgbt. And that is one cute pup.:pb_biggrin:

Lisa really does have a very Lisa-Lisa-Lisa-centric view of things, doesn't she? I find people who manufacture that much drama, and demand that much constant attention, to be the most exhausting sort. I'd leave too.

Alecia Faith, OTOH, appears to be thriving (at least based on what I can see on her public FB page). She also mentioned her mom there recently, referencing a crafting idea: "Saw this, and it totally made me think how much fun my mom and I would have making these, and coming up with our own ideas!!!" Which only makes me wonder more, just how cut off from her family is she, really?

And here's Lisa's "Pennington Point" FB post for today: 

There's a healthy marriage dynamic for you... 

Maybe Alecia Faith is trying to reach out with the craft thing?

Hopefully her SS card will be coming in soon - if she hasn't got it already. I look forward to seeing what she does in her life - she has proven to be smart and resourceful - I doubt I would have had it in me to do what she did at her age.

Erica Shupe is also mentioned in the article, and the link was posted in the Shupe thread too: http://www.countryliving.com/shopping/a37002/big-family-christmas-shopping/

Some of the other women mentioned aren't familiar names to me, but the names of their blogs do sound QF.  I wonder if Country Living was so focused on the kitsch of getting advice from "moms of large families" that they completely overlooked the religious aspect, or just don't care about that.

Also, they described Lisa P as raising 9 children on a tight budget. Ha! They should know how much her wardrobe is worth!

Also, they described Lisa P as raising 9 children on a tight budget. Ha! They should know how much her wardrobe is worth!

You wouldn't know by the looks of it #magnoliapearl

Ah, magnolia pearl, the zombies 'n lace look.  I'd be interested in checking out behind the scenes to find out why some of their stuff is so obscenely expensive.  Is it real vintage or vintage inspired?  Where are their clothes manufactured?  Questions, questions. 

On 12/3/2015, 12:03:04, ladyamylynn said:

She looks like a demented Minnie Mouse! I might also suggest going easy on the tweezers. 

• 2 weeks later...

I don't mean to be to this thread, but I follow Faith on Instagram, and it seems she's at least met up with Patience and possibly some brothers. It's her most recent photo on her feed, less than an hour ago, and she goes by aleciafaithh.

10 minutes ago, lawlifelgbt said:

I don't mean to be to this thread, but I follow Faith on Instagram, and it seems she's at least met up with Patience and possibly some brothers. It's her most recent photo on her feed, less than an hour ago, and she goes by aleciafaithh.

And I think I saw Hope, too. Seems to be the Pennintons House. Correct me if I am wrong, though.

1 hour ago, lawlifelgbt said:

Edit: necro, not be to. Anyway I hope Faith can leave again whenever she needs, if she is at the house!

Photo is also on Faith's public FB page. Some interesting comments:

Is this your for real family?

Faith Pennington: Yes ma'am! Those are a few of my siblings

Awesome!!! How many siblings do you have?

Faith Pennington: 8 sibs 

Jeez! Lol your mom let you see everybody?

Faith Pennington: Yes! My oldest sister lives in Dallas, so I didn't get to see her. But I got to see the rest of the bunch.

That's so great!!!

Faith Pennington: Yeah! It had been over a year since I last saw most of them. They are all so tall and look different. Lol I'm sure I've changed too. It was kinda surreal.

So much for Lisa's public weeping and wailing about having no contact with her "missing" daughter...

I'm really, really glad Faith got to see her brothers and sisters. I hope she's able to come and go freely, and hope the sibs can see one another as often as they want, without the parental hyper-control shenanigans they've had to contend with.

Archived