IGNORED

First family pic of Elissa, Joe, and Calia Maxwell is up

SPHASH

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He looks like he's ready to punish her, the hand clamped on her arm, the evil look in his eyes. That is one scary photo.

It's certainly awkward, but they look genuinely happy and that's more than I can say for most of the Maxwells.

White on white though...

The bow is so big (of course) and it should have been on the other side of her head so you could see her face more clearly.

The (lack of) color scheme is terrible. I don't know anything about photography and I know that!

And I agree with the person above who said that Joe looks like he's about to punish Elissa! He looks frightening!

At first glance it looks like a happy photo though.

It looks like one of those cliched scenes from a movie where they're trying to show someone's died and gone to heaven.

High key doesn't really work for family portraiture.

That kid is teeny.

UGH! What a dreadful photo! All that white - makes me think they are in the process of being raptured or something?

Poor little Calia, that ridiculous headband obscures too much of her face - it dominates her completely. SO much for drawing attention to the countenance (or maybe that doesn't apply to babies).

So washed out, so poorly executed, so Christopher Maxwell...

This is a picture of Joseph and his family, focusing on Joseph. Elissa's back is almost to the camera, and it is so far away from the baby's face (which is practically obscured from by the blanket and giant hair flower) that Joseph is the focus.

They don't look as grim as most Maxwells, however, Joseph's smile in that angle is sort of creepy to me, but then again, none of the Maxwells are my "type".

UGH! What a dreadful photo! All that white - makes me think they are in the process of being raptured or something?

Poor little Calia, that ridiculous headband obscures too much of her face - it dominates her completely. SO much for drawing attention to the countenance (or maybe that doesn't apply to babies).

So washed out, so poorly executed, so Christopher Maxwell...

Bitchy moment of the day: I HATE the "huge flowered headband for babies" trend that is going on. Every day I see women dressed up their daughters in flowers that are bigger than the baby's head. It looks ridiculous.

That is the least attractive possible profile shot of Elissa.

He looks high or really really creepy-esque.

I can't deal with headbands on babies. Friend of mine from college puts giant bows and headbands on her daughter every single day - they're bigger than her head and her face and always four or five inches high. Feathers and tulle and lace and baubles piled high.

The poor baby looks kind of freaked out. Somebody should take that damn bow off her head (and set it on fire). Brand new to the world and all she's experienced is giant flowers attacking her.

They've stuck with that awful headband. Why oh why? There are hundreds of gorgeous baby headbands on eBay for less than $2, postage included. That one is truly hideous.

They've stuck with that awful headband. Why oh why? There are hundreds of gorgeous baby headbands on eBay for less than $2, postage included. That one is truly hideous.

Looks like one of those things you stick on the bottom of your tub to keep from slipping. Nasty.

They do seem happy though. And probably thrilled that she had a relatively easy, inexpensive labor, with presumably many more to follow.

Who took this. They should get refunded. This is horrible.

Unfortunately, I doubt Christopher charges for family shoots.

Fuck, even Sarah does a better job. Why can't she take the pictures, instead? Oh wait, they need a "professional" photographer for engagement/wedding/baby shoots, and since Sarah's a woman, she's not allowed to have a career as a professional anything. Right. :roll:

Archived