IGNORED

1Ton ramp to close scheduled courses

BigSandy

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm surprised it took them this long. The sheeple aren't a limitless cash cow, and the Maxwells weren't offering anything new or particularly innovative.

Nathan's post, while better written than anything Sarah has put out, sounded more like the announcing of a death. Honestly, they could have just stopped 1Ton Ramp and I am not sure many people would have noticed it was gone.

He starts out that he usually only posts about baby news or updates. He adds, "hopefully soon".

For Mel's sake, I hope her uterus has closed shop!

Nathan should be a politician.

A. The business was a success and lots of people took lots of courses. Or B. The business did not grow, will be shut down, and I need to get off my ass and do some real work to support my growing family (which I hope will grow even more, even though my wife has very, very rough pregnancies).

Which is it Nathan?

We are praying about making the videos from the last A+ course available in an on-demand format for the next few months.

I can't even. THIS is what they pray about?

post-498-14452000911692_thumb.png

How am I going to learn how to power surf the Internet now?

How am I going to learn how to use my iPhone??

Oh wait. I can just google "how to use iPhone" and millions of useful, expertly-authored, and free websites will come up. Fancy that!

How am I going to learn how to use my iPhone??

Oh wait. I can just google "how to use iPhone" and millions of useful, expertly-authored, and free websites will come up. Fancy that!

I truly hate to say this because of what it says about humanity, but if there were a valid class to teach people how to use their iPhones I would make room for it in my budget. You would be surprised how many people think you need a degree in CS to operate Google.

Regarding the big 1 Ton Ramp news...I'll make the radical prediction that the world of IT will manage to carry on without it.

Well, there goes income for the 3 married sons. I really hope they can make it up, but they shouldn't be surprised it floundered.

Well, shouldn't if they weren't delusional about how the world works...

He starts out that he usually only posts about baby news or updates. He adds, "hopefully soon".

And not even that so often... I see there's a pregnancy announcement in Feb 2014 but never a corresponding baby announcement

Does faith make you indecisive? Why do they need to pray over letting videos be available or not? Can't they just decide? Surely that's not a sin either way

My mother could totally use an iPhone-use class. I don't think she's computer savvy enough to take it on-line though. :-/

Well, there goes income for the 3 married sons. I really hope they can make it up, but they shouldn't be surprised it floundered.

Well, shouldn't if they weren't delusional about how the world works...

One (maybe more than one?) of the boys seems to be a pretty decent web designer. Unfortunately, if he is freelance then his choices might be rather slim since I'm sure he wouldn't be willing to design a website for anything not explicitly Christian.

A commenter wrote:

Our oldest son is 10 but might benefit from the A+ course videos even now depending on the price. This might be the Lord’s timing for him to start the more intense computer training he has been requesting; my initial response was for him to wait until he was 12. We will be praying as well. Thank you for following the Lord’s leading as you equip others.

I don't think god really gives an ass when someone takes a computer class.

If I was god I would be like "I gave you all a big brain for a reason, so you didn't have to bother me with nonsense like this!"

One (maybe more than one?) of the boys seems to be a pretty decent web designer. Unfortunately, if he is freelance then his choices might be rather slim since I'm sure he wouldn't be willing to design a website for anything not explicitly Christian.

I think that's Joseph. There's so many options for cheap web design out there, I have a hard time seeing him making a decent living unless he's working for a company. Freelance is hard when you are open to just about any job, and you are right, he wouldn't take a job unless it went with his religious beliefs.

Not surprising at all. It will be interesting to see what their next Christian venture is? They start off getting good business because they cater to the good Christians and they totally take advantage of that. Eventually, though, even the good Christians of the world, get tired of supporting the crazy.

This really makes me wonder about their finances even more than I already was. When you count the spouses and grandchildren, there are really a lot of Maxwells out there, and how are they all being supported? I'm sure they made a decent amount from book sales during the tours, but it seems like that income source has dwindled away since they are barely touring anymore, and I can't think that the online sales have been too hot. How are the younger generation supposed to afford to feed themselves once Steve and Teri are gone? Has anyone thought about what the grandchildren are going to be doing to make money in 25-30 years? I guess the granddaughters are assumed to have headships ( :roll:, and we see where this has gotten Sarah, Anna, and Mary, so who knows if the next generation will be more successful at finding husbands for the daughters - although they might have to be if their parents can't afford to support a houseful of childults ), but what about the grandsons? What about Nathan, Christopher, Sarah?? Do they think that this charade is going to last forever? I would really like to know what Steve thinks about the long-term future of his family.

Archived