IGNORED

Mark your calendars, Maxwell anti-fast Nov 7!

SPHASH

I'm no medical expert. But isn't dangerous to fast for a week. Or is it just during daylight hours.

I would think that fasting during the day would be too close to *that other religion* for Stevey Boys comfort.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

*runs to check calendar....circles date in red*

Breathless excitement....YES! I am free that day. Off the top of my head, I'm thinking Cream Cheese Chicken Chili (with tortilla chips for dipping) for lunch, a batch of pumpkin bars for snack and sushi for supper.

Oh! Breakfast! Donuts followed by a couple of donuts. And then, maybe a donut for a mid morning treat.

Cheesecake Factory (pineapple upside down or mango key lime cheesecake).

Ooo, my first ever Maxwell anti-fast!

I haven't decided exactly what I'll have yet as I'm on a diet (45lbs lost and 10 to go - but they're so HARD!!!!) but I'll use it as my cheat meal for the week. I usually cheat with a big juicy KFC - is that sufficient to give Steve the finger or should dessert also be included?? Cos if it is, I'm fine with it. Bugger the 10lbs, this is more important!!!

;) ;) ;)

I would err on the side of caution and have that dessert, just to be sure.

(45lbs?! That sounds absolutely awesome!)

I will have brunch with a group of friends on the 7th so it's a toss-up between breakfast bellinis or mimosas, eggs Benny with salmon,Coe maybe a mean French toast if offered. No definite plans for the rest of the day - I shall keep you posted. Maybe chicken pot pie for dinner, with a side of garlic broccoli, and lemon posset for dessert? Or a big bowl of stir fried noodles for my vegetarian/vegan cloudlets and heavenly vegan chocolate cake (it's real, and it's spectacular!).

Stevie has to figure out why God doesn't love him anymore. Uriah bit the dust. Gigs are drying up, both in number of invitions and attendees. Book sales have got to be slipping. Only 2 grandsons, the rest girls. Three unmarried daughters, one in her mid thirties. 1tonramp folding. Failed courtships and a broken engagement.

Problem is, Steve doesn't LISTEN. It's his way or the highway!

Pineapple upside down cheesecake is my absolute favorite from Cheesecake Factory. Sadly, I have had to go dairy free and it is just a sweet distant memory for me. I think you should get both flavors - Steve deserves it! Enjoy.

Stevie has to figure out why God doesn't love him anymore. Uriah bit the dust. Gigs are drying up, both in number of invitions and attendees. Book sales have got to be slipping. Only 2 grandsons, the rest girls. Three unmarried daughters, one in her mid thirties. 1tonramp folding. Failed courtships and a broken engagement.

Problem is, Steve doesn't LISTEN. It's his way or the highway!

Locusts will be next. Just in the Maxwell yard. The godless neighbors will be spared. :twisted:

Locusts will be next. Just in the Maxwell yard. The godless neighbors will be spared. :twisted:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: That cracked me up!!

Re the fast...A WEEK LONG FAST????????? :o :o :o Steve is totally losing it. My money is on the control issue (I'm no certified psychologist, but c'mon! don't tell me he doesn't have some full-on personality disorder!), combined with the fact that he is really desperate to prove that his family is holier than thine. He is craving the attention and the money he used to get because both give him the one thing he craves the most, which is god-like power over people, within and without his household.

Re the Daddy-voice tapes: so Anna didn't get to have her own and would have to listen to John's...sooooo, the superspecial "heart-to-heart, just for you my unique speshul snowflake of a child" content of one tape was...drumroll...just a case of [insert child's name here]???? Stevie, Stevie, :naughty: The very fact that you would admit to that so naïvely is further proof that you are pathologically unable to realise how badly you treat your children. They are not people to you, they are extensions of your ego. They are props you use to get your suppy of ego-boosting applause and approval.

Oh, good! It's on a weekend so I can spend all day in the kitchen cooking up a multi-course feast. I'm thinking a nice pot roast marinated in red wine with the last of the garden vegetables, maybe an appetizer of wild mushrooms in puff pastry, pear and endive salad, apple pie. . .

Pleaaaaaaaaaaaase, say I can come too!!! What am I saying, pleaaaaaase say YOU'LL ADOPT ME!!!! :D :D :D

Oh, and I love your username! Been meaning to tell you for ages :)

I pre-fasted this evening with some warm cornbread slathered in butter and drizzled with starthistle honey. Mmmmmmm.....

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: That cracked me up!!

Re the fast...A WEEK LONG FAST????????? :o :o :o Steve is totally losing it. My money is on the control issue (I'm no certified psychologist, but c'mon! don't tell me he doesn't have some full-on personality disorder!), combined with the fact that he is really desperate to prove that his family is holier than thine. He is craving the attention and the money he used to get because both give him the one thing he craves the most, which is god-like power over people, within and without his household.

Re the Daddy-voice tapes: so Anna didn't get to have her own and would have to listen to John's...sooooo, the superspecial "heart-to-heart, just for you my unique speshul snowflake of a child" content of one tape was...drumroll...just a case of [insert child's name here]???? Stevie, Stevie, :naughty: The very fact that you would admit to that so naïvely is further proof that you are pathologically unable to realise how badly you treat your children. They are not people to you, they are extensions of your ego. They are props you use to get your suppy of ego-boosting applause and approval.

Silly you! Anna is a girl, so it doesn't matter cause she doesn't have a penis :naughty:

This thread makes me hungry, and this post in particular. I love the pineapple upside down cheesecake!

Oh Stevie, you make me jump when you get into my in box... - I'm the top....

Seriously,

Stevie wrote:

Seriously Fast, Saturday, November 7th, through Sunday, November 15th—a portion or all. Sign up in a forthcoming Seriously

Fuck it is a week, the poor fuckers - go John to a real estate and visit john-marries irrigations system.....!....

Off topic but how do you all read their blog? I've been reading through it and it's mind numbingly boring! How many different times can you talk about Bible time and the Lord? I'm a Christian and I have my own personal relationship with God but my goodness, I can have a conversation without talking about him! I do it all day long!

..../snipped

I know! So super special for each child....so special he just gives John's tape to Anna because meh...she's just a girl and not worthy of the time it would take to make another.

I'm more surprised he gave Anna a tape meant for a BOY! I mean, didn't he run the risk of having a manly daughter that had male aspirations in life? If the tapes were as influential and important as he seems to think they were, surely Anna would be looking now to find a career so that she could buy a home debt free, get married, as well as support and raise a godly family.

OMG...he could inadvertently have turned Anna into a lesbian* even! :pink-shock:

*Disclaimer: I'm just joking people, but it's a common misconception fundie-type misconception

Off topic but how do you all read their blog? I've been reading through it and it's mind numbingly boring! How many different times can you talk about Bible time and the Lord? I'm a Christian and I have my own personal relationship with God but my goodness, I can have a conversation without talking about him! I do it all day long!

That's why it's so fun and snarkable- they are just SO predictable and beige and fun adverse and LORD (Steve) centred.

Something to think about.....

That was the part that really got me. Somehow he was too busy to make a tape for Anna (I believe it was) so she had to listen to John's tape.

He joked how Anna would laugh that she never got her own tape and was called "John" on her tape.

This is a man who lectures people on how important they're kids are and how they're raising them all wrong?

What a shitty thing to do about something he considers so important, and then to joke about it later.

Anyone think if Anna was a boy Steve would have found the time to make a tape?

That's so sad. Of course, he could have made the time if it was important to him.

It's probably the Idol of Fasting. :lol:

:lol: :worship:

that's great. I wouldn't doubt it. Steve seems so intense and overbearing. The lifestyle he imposes on them all must scare suitors off.

There's confusion in Maxwell land. I have an email from Teri where she asks me to join her fast on Monday 9th November. I am to give up all food and all calorific drinks unless I am pregnant or nursing.

What's with the different dates?

*It does say ladies prayer and fasting day. Maybe the weekend is for men.

There's confusion in Maxwell land. I have an email from Teri where she asks me to join her fast on Monday 9th November. I am to give up all food and all calorific drinks unless I am pregnant or nursing.

What's with the different dates?

*It does say ladies prayer and fasting day. Maybe the weekend is for men.

I suppose women being the weaker vessel and all, can't be expected to fast as much a man.

Yay! But holy shit, a week. Poor Maxwell kids. I also feel sorry for my insides, a week of eating as much as I can eat.

• 1 month later...

Oh, good! It's on a weekend so I can spend all day in the kitchen cooking up a multi-course feast. I'm thinking a nice pot roast marinated in red wine with the last of the garden vegetables, maybe an appetizer of wild mushrooms in puff pastry, pear and endive salad, apple pie. . .

Can I please please please have the recipe for this?  It sounds amazing..... :my_biggrin:

Archived