IGNORED

Mark your calendars, Maxwell anti-fast Nov 7!

SPHASH

A WHOLE FREAKING WEEK OF FASTING?!?!? :shock:

I knew Steve would get crazy with this fasting thing. I fear for them, something horrible might happen down the line :?

And I'll get paid a bonus on the 6th so i'm gonna go sushi cray-cray on the anti-fast and also stuff my face with cupcakes :lol:

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Stevus Maximus said:

Each dad had a pretty good record with a few exceptions:

>He was really tired this morning so he decided to sleep in.

>His driving record was perfect until he fell asleep at the wheel, crossed the median, and slammed into a church van head-on.

To the first: So what

To the second: WTF??

I'm happy for you and your fiancé!

Ah, yes...the red velvet pop tart. I may have, once or twice, spread cream cheese frosting on the bottoms so they stick together to make a pop tart sandwich. Bad days call for heavy measures.

The pumpkin pie flavor that's out right now is tasty, too.

I try not to eat them often, but they remain a favorite from my childhood. I think a box or two should see me through the fast!

Thank you!

AND OMGGG, I'm buying some cream cheese frosting asap! I'm trying to gain weight and this sandwich you speak of sounds perfect after some mj gummies! I'm salivating! What a blessing you are! Hahaha!

I have a dumb question but, where is the info about the fast? Is it sent out in their newsletter emails? Because I looked on the tits2 blog and couldn't find any info. :(

Also... yes to any cake-flavored pop tart!!

Yay! It falls during my birthday week. (Actually, I observe November as my birthday month, and pack as much fun into it as I can, for myself and my peeps.)

Tonight, I inadvertently practiced up for the anti-fast by making a grilled cheddar sandwich on homemade whole wheat bread--in my waffle iron! Must control myself by not making a second one.

Well the fast is on my birthday so I'll be eating plenty of cake and yummy food. Screw you, Stevie!

Ooooh! Nov 7th is my birthday too!:)

I can't drink or enjoy sodium right now (pregnant with high blood pressure:( but maybe we will go to Portillos & I can get my favorite salad (minus the blue cheese) and I can either eat their super-awesome chocolate cake or we can enjoy homemade smoothies:)

Just tried to explain an anti-fast to DH. He was confused:)

That's the day my best friend is having her annual Friendsgiving potluck! I'll be eating a full Thanksgiving dinner on the 7th. Three cheers for gluttony.

ETA: Wait, a whole WEEK? Holy cow.

To the first: So what

To the second: WTF??

This bothered me as well. It's a sin in Steve's eyes to sleep in, presumably because you would miss family bible time. However, you would be fully rested and wouldn't slam head-on into a church van. It's also a sin to plow into a church van, but by denying yourself enough rest you made it to bible time that morning so you could lead your precious family in prayer as good spiritual leaders are wont to do.

Decisions, decisions!

I have to wonder: why must the van be church related? Is it more tragic than if a regular non-church going family was hit instead?

I'm not even going to remark on the WEEK-LONG fast, except to say that Steve is sick.

WOOT on there being a weekend anti-fast! I can't wait. Now that McDonalds has all-day breakfast, I'll make sure to grab some hash browns for lunch and also have an indulgent dinner. Dessert, too. And naturally, I'll need to make sure I have Pepsi in the house. :dance:

I'm going to be cheating and starting the anti-fast a bit early. My other half's birthday is the end of this month, so we'll celebrate both of our birthdays together by going for a huge steak dinner. We may even have desert! Put that in your pipe and smoke it, Steve-o. :nenner:

Ooo, my first ever Maxwell anti-fast!

I haven't decided exactly what I'll have yet as I'm on a diet (45lbs lost and 10 to go - but they're so HARD!!!!) but I'll use it as my cheat meal for the week. I usually cheat with a big juicy KFC - is that sufficient to give Steve the finger or should dessert also be included?? Cos if it is, I'm fine with it. Bugger the 10lbs, this is more important!!!

;) ;) ;)

This anti-fast thing is super exciting! I think I will submissively suggest to my headship that we go to our favorite peel-n-eat shrimp joint for 1lb of hot shrimp (God Hates Shrimp) and several Coronas :D

I'm no medical expert. But isn't dangerous to fast for a week. Or is it just during daylight hours.

Dangerous? No, it shouldn't hurt you unless you get light headed and fall down a flight of stairs. Most people could easily go for a week or more of fasting as long as you continue to drink water. It is only the first 3 days or so that are hard then you lose your appetite. If you eat too fast and/or too much afterwards you might vomit or get diarrhea but other than that a week of fasting is not going to do any damage.

On the other hand there is plenty of medical evidence showing that severely reducing your caloric intake will slow your metabolism down. This could be bad news if you are trying to lose weight but it could be very good news if you are trying to live longer.

As to fasting during the day only, that is what devote Muslims do during the month of Ramadan (along with other things such as giving to charities) but after sunset you eat and drink normally. Believe me you can cram just as many calories in during the evening hours if you eat a big meal. Ramadan was in June this year so it has already passed.

I must have read the post wrong because I thought they were only fasting in Nov. 7 and Nov. 8. I cannot imagine it for a week. Do they drink water or any liquids? I can't fast on Ash Wednesday and Good Friday because I will be throwing up by the end of the day and then the next day as well. Not to mention the pounding headache I will have. My body does not work well without food.

I don't see the point of fasting a week. Sarah and her sisters are already so thin, I can't imagine how much weight they will lose. Nor can I imagine how sick they will be once the introduce back into their systems. We know Steve's fasts are likely about control but I wonder if they are about maintaining or losing weight as well. I can imagine these people weighing every ounce of good before they eat it.

Dangerous? No, it shouldn't hurt you unless you get light headed and fall down a flight of stairs. Most people could easily go for a week or more of fasting as long as you continue to drink water. It is only the first 3 days or so that are hard then you lose your appetite. If you eat too fast and/or too much afterwards you might vomit or get diarrhea but other than that a week of fasting is not going to do any damage.

On the other hand there is plenty of medical evidence showing that severely reducing your caloric intake will slow your metabolism down. This could be bad news if you are trying to lose weight but it could be very good news if you are trying to live longer.

As to fasting during the day only, that is what devote Muslims do during the month of Ramadan (along with other things such as giving to charities) but after sunset you eat and drink normally. Believe me you can cram just as many calories in during the evening hours if you eat a big meal. Ramadan was in June this year so it has already passed.

And the big meals are a sight to behold. A Muslim friend of mine likes to post food pics on Instagram, and during Ramadan he'd post pictures of his family's after-sundown meals. My family's enormous Thanksgiving and Christmukkah spreads ain't got nothing on what his family does for breaking the fast during Ramadan. And then you have the big festival (Eid) when Ramadan is over, which calls for an even bigger feast.

Thanks for the info!!

Steve definitely want to live longer. Or forever. Because death leads to dancing, which is ungodly!! :stir-pot:

I wonder if 1tonramp closing is the reason behind the extra long fast. Maybe Steve is getting scared that his sons will have to get real jobs and will be exposed to the world.

Perhaps his control on the family is slipping.

I wonder if 1tonramp closing is the reason behind the extra long fast. Maybe Steve is getting scared that his sons will have to get real jobs and will be exposed to the world.

Perhaps his control on the family is slipping.

Huh, I totally didn't consider the overlap between the two situations but you may be correct. I hope its not because of the loss of 1TonRamp, simply because a week long fast is kind of an overreaction to the closing of an already-slow business!!

Huh, I totally didn't consider the overlap between the two situations but you may be correct. I hope its not because of the loss of 1TonRamp, simply because a week long fast is kind of an overreaction to the closing of an already-slow business!!

I think Steve thought he was offering something extraordinary with 1tonramp. It was his way of showing off how well he'd trained his sons - they were so awesome, they were going to train others! This is proof that they aren't so awesome.

Plus, Steve is big about encouraging small businesses. Having the big family venture fail like this has got to be a massive blow to his ego. I mean, he was offering a course in helping other people start up successful business. But his own sons couldn't keep one going.

No, I don't think this is a coincidence. This last year has been hard on Steve and he's trying to find ways to get back right with the Lord.

Ooooh, I'm off the weekend of the 7th!

I think I'll make some bread to start off with. But I also want to prep multiple meals into single servings so I can stop with the fast food already.

I had a chance to look over various recipes and my anti-fast will consist of:

Chicken and dumplings

Avglomeno soup

Beef and noodles

Enchiladas

Flamepoyntes (godecookery.com/goderec/grec59.htm)

Rabbit (or most likely chicken due to cost) in wine-currant sauce (godecookery.com/mtrans/mtrans01.htm)

Oatcakes (godecookery.com/friends/frec02.htm)

Pastfeli (godecookery.com/byznrec/byznrec.htm#Pastfeli)

Candied spiced almonds and pecans

Baked macaroni and cheese with ham

Pork loin in apple cider and mustard glaze

Tuna noodle casserole (cause it's the Midwest lol)

And I think I need to bake some cookies in there somewhere as well...

Dang. Now I'm hungry. :popcorn2: :soda:

Archived