Girl on the Train trailer

Copperfit socks

1800Dentist.com

Xfinity on demand

Empire tv spot

CopperFit back pro

PapaJohns

• Upvote 1

Nova Scotia, Canada:  Only 2 commercials that weren't TLC: myfuturebuildings.com and Saiontz(sp.) and K something... forget now. Lawyers.

• Upvote 1

I was surprised to see Ulta beauty , new sponsor? Their facebook page said they are looking into why the ad ran and take this very seriously. I hope their ad was in error. I love their BF specials but won't be going this year if they are a sponsor.

• Upvote 2

I am once again seriously impressed with the hard work that FJers do; not only with this list of sponsors but in other researchy things I've seen here.

TTC for everyone! Woohoo!  :output_eeMbjt:

• Upvote 4

10/18/17 Arizona Advertisers

Copper Fit Gripper Socks

TLC Too Close to Home x 2

Local Political Ad

Big Two Toyota - Local Ad

TLC  "I AM" Ad

Mass Mutual

TLC 90 Day Fiance

Local Political Ad

Target

TLC Outdaughtered

TLC Toddlers and Tiaras X 2

TLC Counting On

Booty Max (lolololol)

Gold Bond

ion Television

Selsun Blue Shampoo

• Upvote 1

10/25/16 Arizona Advertisers

Booty Max

TLC Counting On

TLC Toddlers and Tiaras X2

Local Political Ad

Big Two Toyota (Local Ad)

TLC Too Close to Home X2

TLC Outdaughtered X2

Angel Care Insurance Services

TLC Kindred Spirits x2

Nasacort

IcyHot

Addiction Network

TLC "I Am TLC" campaign

TLC 90 Day Fiance x2

TLC Counting On (Only 2 more episodes until Jinger walks down the aisle !)

Mass Mutual Life Insurance

Sundance Channel Rectify

HGTV Brothers Take NOLA

• Upvote 1

Nova Scotia , Canada: MassMutual, Booty Max, myfuturebuildings.com, and Saiontz & Kirk ( lawyers for birth injuries). Rest were TLC.

• Upvote 1

I have read that people think their are silent sponsors of the show. Could this be true? The posts said that some companies might give money but not want ad time during the Duggars, examples were Lowes, Hobby lobby... Is this ever done? I was involved in cable ads sales for a short time and don't think this could happen but how can TLC even think of a 3rd season without any real ad revenue?

1 hour ago, silverspoons said:

I have read that people think their are silent sponsors of the show. Could this be true? The posts said that some companies might give money but not want ad time during the Duggars, examples were Lowes, Hobby lobby... Is this ever done? I was involved in cable ads sales for a short time and don't think this could happen but how can TLC even think of a 3rd season without any real ad revenue?

I have to think that they thought the furor would/will die down and people wouldnt care as much.  They were wrong.

• Upvote 1

I am curious about this too, but thought there must be revenue being made from product placement or something like that? I don't understand why TLC keeps the show going (from a financial standpoint...) It can't be making much more in ad revenue than it costs to film.

They have to be making money somehow or completely afraid that someone else will be able to make money off the Duggars so they want to keep them locked into a contract.

I find the whole thing perplexing...

• Upvote 3

17 hours ago, scribble said:

I am curious about this too, but thought there must be revenue being made from product placement or something like that? I don't understand why TLC keeps the show going (from a financial standpoint...) It can't be making much more in ad revenue than it costs to film.

They have to be making money somehow or completely afraid that someone else will be able to make money off the Duggars so they want to keep them locked into a contract.

I find the whole thing perplexing...

People watch online and there are ads on the site and on the videos.  It may be enough for them to keep the show on life support to gain the online audience.

• Upvote 3

11/1/16 Arizona Advertisers

Bad Moms Movie- Interesting little fact, one of the lines in the commercial is "I wanna get laid!" lololololol x2

TLC "I Am TLC" x2

TLC Little People x2

Jack In the Box

Local Political Ad

TLC 90 Day Fiance x2

Mass Mutual Life Insurance x2

1-800-Drug-hurt

TLC Kindred Spirits

TLC OutDaughtered x2

TLC Counting On Celebrating Jinger (next week)

Act Dry Mouth

Hallmark Channel Holiday Movies

Selsun Blue

TLC Sister Wives

• Upvote 1

• 9 months later...

I don't know if this is the correct Duggar thread...they confuse me...

I was at TJ Maxx today, in line behind some people who were all about the Duggars and how great they are and how their daughters have embraced decency, blah, blah, blah. 

I don't know that I've ever been face to face with such wilfully ignorant people. 

I asked what they'd do if their daugher came home wanting to marry a man with no job, no education, no place to live and no goals. They looked at me like deer in headlights - typical. One asked what I meant - I explained what I meant - - Ben has no life or way of supporting his family other than TLC, Derrick lives in daddy-in-laws house when he's not sucking minions for money to hang out in South America, Josh lost it all but is still making babies....in their homes, in any other home, would you fans be so openly accepting? Would you celebrate your daughter marrying a jobless child and your son being so uneducated he has to hide out to make his babies?

I got some ugly looks and a whole "anti Christian" screed - but in the end, I won, idiots. When your only comeback is that I am not Christian, well, then...you have no fucking come back. 

• Upvote 11
  • Downvote 2

• 7 months later...
On 9/28/2015 at 7:04 PM, SportsgalAnnie said:

I thought Walgreens pulled out from duggar programming already

Something Jim Bob should have done 19 kids ago.

• Haha 1
  • I Agree 1

• 3 years later...

.....with the duggars off the air, is it time to unpin this thread?

• I Agree 2

• Destiny unpinned this topic

They were able to get CO after 19KAC was cancelled.  I would wait a little longer.  It would not shock me to see another spin-off of some kind.

• Upvote 5

We may need this list if they put a replacement family for the Duggars.

• Upvote 1

TLC is staying classy. :thumbsdown:

They're having a tribute to 9/11 by getting Theresa Caputo to "read" for the victims families. It's hard to believe it will be 20 years since 9/11 I feel so old.

• Upvote 1
  • WTF 1

• 11 months later...

Discovery+ which owns TLC bought Warner Brothers. This is extremely upsetting for many people as they now own HBO Max, the CW (formerly the WB), and CNN. They've already started cancelling scripted shows that seem expensive to film. Worry is they will bring in more cheap reality shows. I hope they won't bring in a new fundie family that they put on a pedestal like they did the Duggars. 

They also claim that men prefer scripted shows whereas women watch reality shows. (link)

1 hour ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

Discovery+ which owns TLC bought Warner Brothers. This is extremely upsetting for many people as they now own HBO Max, the CW (formerly the WB), and CNN. They've already started cancelling scripted shows that seem expensive to film. Worry is they will bring in more cheap reality shows. I hope they won't bring in a new fundie family that they put on a pedestal like they did the Duggars. 

They also claim that men prefer scripted shows whereas women watch reality shows. (link)

Reality shows make me stabby. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 2