IGNORED

Magnolia Pearl: What in the World?

GenerationCedarchip

Someone earlier in the thread mentioned MP had a following, but where? I have seen no one dress like that in my life with the exception of homeless people. No joke, and at there are many better dressed homeless people. I agree there is something subtlety insulting with privileged, mostly white women sporting "homeless chic."

So I'm the owner of an open concept home. My building was guy rehabbed 12 years ago and was built out this way. I like to entertain, so I prefer having open concept so I can talk with guests while prepping. I personally love it, but I can understand it not being other people's bag.

• Upvote 2

I am fond of my semi open concept 1950s ranch. Each room is somewhat separated by a small wall or cabinets or a peninsula, but there are no doors. It makes it more open and larger to have people over, but at the same time I can be in the kitchen area and have some level of privacy.

Relating to Casey Anthony I think the evidence they had just proved she was a terrible human being and was very circumstantial. I don't think they had much of anything concrete and  the defense was able to poke enough holes in some theories or offer alternative theories. I still THINK she is guilty.

I sew enough to be dangerous, and I always save the scraps leftover from my projects. Whenever this topic is revived, I look at my box of scraps and see dollar signs. :pb_lol:

http://shop.magnoliapearl.com/search/results?q=Linen Novalie Kimono with Patches

Edited by Cartmann99
  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 5
  • Love 1

14 hours ago, catlady said:

let's ignore the fact that the models look dead......the candles so close to that raggedy bedding make me wonder how few minutes it would take to ignite that entire room.  

I live in the Bay Area and one of the news items in recent days is the impending trial of two people for the death of I believe 36 people in a building fire in Oakland.  It was an artist's collective, but people and combustible crap were crammed into a warehouse and tragedy ensued.  (Ghost Ship Fire)

• Upvote 2
  • Sad 3

I swan to goodness, I've never seen the like; black unibrow + white lipstick opium den is not a good look for any human.   Do they drug their models?  Interesting music on the web site, too. 

Screenshot 2017-12-04 at 12.16.38 PM.png

Fredericksburg, TX has a new mountain bike trail so we might be headed that way some fine weekend in the next few months.  I'll talk Mr. June Bug into stopping at Magnolia Pearl, take some pics and see if they have any hookahs for customers. 

Edited by Howl
  • Upvote 5
  • WTF 3

I didn’t even notice the fire hazard. I was so confused by the whole unibrow/bizarre makeup/wacky headdresses thing, I didn’t know what was going on until the first picture of someone lying in bed which led me to think of the Frida Kahlo thing. It sounds like a Magnolia Pearl thing to do, though: think of some obscure, not particularly well-known artist who suffered in some way and ape them for the latest what-the-actual-fuck photoshoot. 

• Upvote 6
  • Love 1

• 2 weeks later...

I stumbled onto @JesusPony in another thread today, and my mind popped back to her offer to sew Magnolia Pearl styled clothing for Free Jingerites:

:pb_lol:

• Haha 7

I stumbled onto [mention=13125]JesusPony[/mention] in another thread today, and my mind popped back to her offer to sew Magnolia Pearl styled clothing for Free Jingerites:
pb_lol.gif
I said WHAT?! ...Those were simpler times.

But I could definitely hook y'all up with some old moth-eaten t-shirts for much less than $95. No prob. https://shop.magnoliapearl.com/tops
  • Haha 7
  • Love 1

18th-century French hobos probably dressed better than the Magnolia Pearl models.

• Upvote 4
  • Love 1

13 hours ago, mango_fandango said:

18th-century French hobos probably dressed better than the Magnolia Pearl models.

Well, it's got that trust-fund, idle-rich Euro trash, harking back to other pretend times vibe. 

• Upvote 4
  • Love 1

7 hours ago, Howl said:

Magnolia Pearl is following me all over the interwebs!  I'm haunted by white lipstick! 

Me too. Do you have the women from the Russian dating agencies giving you sultry looks yet?  I got them from the Trump thread about Russia. :pb_lol:

• Haha 1
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, Cartmann99 said:

Me too. Do you have the women from the Russian dating agencies giving you sultry looks yet?  I got them from the Trump thread about Russia. :pb_lol:

Nyet! 

• Haha 7
  • Love 1

I dipped into this thread a few days ago. Now I'm being invited to meet a MP assistant each time I open up my tablet. I am being haunted via interwebz..

Edited by Gobsmacked
Strange Internet goings on
  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

One day Rapunzel was startled to find a strange dead woman next to her bed. She couldn't call the police from her tower but she knew you're supposed to draw the body on the ground. She didn't have any chalk so she outlined the body with candles.

Then she realized that the woman wasn't dead, and that was the scariest part. 

The woman took Rapunzel's braids and burned them in the candlelight.

"I wish you wouldn't do that," Rapunzel said.

"It's all right, dear," the woman said. "It smells like incense."

"But it's my hair!"

"Sometime we will all have to learn to make sacrifices, dear."

death scene.PNG

Edited by AmazonGrace
  • WTF 1
  • Haha 16
  • Love 1

I just noticed that the bed in the picture in @AmazonGrace's picture didn't have any sheets on it, so I went over to their website to see if they sold sheets. I didn't find any sheets, but I found some $250 shoes that are, um, interesting:

handmade-carpetbagger-sheepskin-and-wool

:pb_lol:

• Upvote 1
  • WTF 5
  • Haha 8
  • Love 1

31 minutes ago, catlady said:

@Cartmann99, don't make too much fun of me, but if those slippers weren't such a trip hazard, i'd wear them.  

My robot vacuum helps a lot, but I'm still fighting a battle between my cats, my waist length hair, two clutzy adults, and a dusty location. Those shoes would end up looking like wearable dust mops at my house.  :pb_lol:

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/3/2017 at 8:48 PM, Peas n carrots said:

Someone earlier in the thread mentioned MP had a following, but where? 

I don't think it's a big following.  I know a couple people who love her shit, and who shrug and ask "So?" when you tell them that the Goodwill Outlets sell stuff in just as bad condition for a buck for 3 pounds or so.  I'm not convinced that it doesn't all come from there.

On 12/4/2017 at 9:58 AM, EmmieJ said:

I live in the Bay Area and one of the news items in recent days is the impending trial of two people for the death of I believe 36 people in a building fire in Oakland.  It was an artist's collective, but people and combustible crap were crammed into a warehouse and tragedy ensued.  (Ghost Ship Fire)

I've been following that.  The tenants who illegally converted it and turned it into that incinerator need to rot in jail.

Edited by Jug Band Baby

Deliriana had eaten thirty two different kinds of weeds and had a thorn stuck in her palate. She was starting to feel uncomfortably full but to her dismay, she wasn't the least bit high yet. Perhaps these were the wrong sort of weed. 

flowers.PNG

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 14
  • Love 1

I still don’t understand why people would pay $300 for a “workshirt”, or $95 for a normal t-shirt. 

• I Agree 4
  • Love 1

• 1 month later...

Erma Gerd, Y'all.  Yesterday, we went INSIDE the Magnolia Pearl flaghip store just outside of Fredericksburg, TX.  As they explained to us, the downstairs is a Magnolia Pearl installation (yes, they used that word) and then the upstairs is where the clothes are.  The clothes (I'm not making this up) are one size fits all and the T-shirts really are $95 dollars.  In retrospect, there really weren't that many clothes.  I didn't take any pics inside; was feeling a little guilty that we were there for the spectacle, but they probably figured that out pretty quick.  Mr. H said he thought it was a little over the top, like they were trying to hard, which is the understatement of the year.  It  really is too weird.  There was a chair made out of old, wadded up blue jeans, there is a lot of vintage rusty cars outside and fraying clothes and other things --  it's just weird to have a brand  based on dissolution and decay. 

Right now we're in the Big Bend area, and I had to drive to somewhere  to get wifi, but will post some photos of the exterior when we get home. 

• Upvote 9
  • Haha 1
  • Thank You 2
  • Love 4