IGNORED

Jill & Jessa specials coming - MERGED

quiversR4hunting

I'm ashamed to admit that I cannot wait to watch this fuck show that should NOT be back on television, I should add.

And the layers of hypocrisy of the Dillard's "missionary work" for a story line for the cameras is down right sickening. Not to mention how sickening the "mission work" of theirs- with or without cameras- is to begin with! Ugh, am I even making sense right now??

I'm still trying to figure out this whole made for tv mission thing. What is this crap about them going to "language school"? When my sis-in-law was sent to Poland for the Peace Corp, she went in not knowing a lick of Polish. And her job was to teach English to these kids. And what makes the Dullards look even more phony- my sis-in-law managed to do her job AND learn Polish while doing it. So, why in the Hell, do they need to know fluent Spanish to hand these people Bibles and point to the sky? Besides, hasn't Jill been to South of the Border enough times with her family that she should at least know enough Spanish to ask someone where she can buy pregnancy tests?

• Replies 967
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is TLC following the whole "bad publicity is still publicity" thing? Is that why this is happening? Do they think they'll get enough views because enough people will come to watch the trainwreck?

I guess I'm just confused about this whole situation. Could TLC possibly be under Jim Bob's thumb? Is he that powerful?

SO many questions!!!

So is THIS the real reason Derick quit his job? Are they going to return all the money donated from naive fans living on a fixed income? WTF Jill and Derick? How could you grift for donations when you knew the money was going to be rolling back in? Makes me ill. :evil:

I'm still trying to figure out this whole made for tv mission thing. What is this crap about them going to "language school"? When my sis-in-law was sent to Poland for the Peace Corp, she went in not knowing a lick of Polish. And her job was to teach English to these kids. And what makes the Dullards look even more phony- my sis-in-law managed to do her job AND learn Polish while doing it. So, why in the Hell, do they need to know fluent Spanish to hand these people Bibles and point to the sky? Besides, hasn't Jill been to South of the Border enough times with her family that she should at least know enough Spanish to ask someone where she can buy pregnancy tests?

I could have sworn Jill had been learning Spanish for quite some time......since all those trips they had made to Central America. I would still love to know who they've actually helped down there. Hospitals? Schools? Distributing food? I guess we'll know if we watch the shows now. Sigh.

Is TLC following the whole "bad publicity is still publicity" thing? Is that why this is happening? Do they think they'll get enough views because enough people will come to watch the trainwreck?

I guess I'm just confused about this whole situation. Could TLC possibly be under Jim Bob's thumb? Is he that powerful?

SO many questions!!!

19 Kids was TLC's #1 show when it was abruptly canceled. And advertisers left along with it. TLC is probably really this desperate.

I hope TLC doesn't fold because Long Island Medium just got picked up for another season, and I love that pile of something.

I don't ever care about Jessa and her "man" right now. It's the begging for donations mess that gets me so angry. You know they have known about this for awhile negotiating contracts, ect. Yet they are still grifting!

I don't understand how covert taping could be done... aren't they still under a ton of scrutiny? How would anyone miss a camera crew?

Well, can't say I'm shocked. Annoyed, yes... Here's the thing: TLC has shown over and over again that they are willing to sink to disgusting lows - see the continued filming of the despicable Kate Gosselin and her eight clearly-damaged-from-filming children.

I guess this means we'll get to see how Jessa handles being in labor! I'm pretty eager to see her true colors come out. She'll be the most aggressive pissed off laborer of all time.

I agree with you. I was reading in another thread that Ben is taking a semester off because the baby will be born soon. In the real world, a time like this is exactly when a father should be pushing himself harder to get to where he needs to be in order to support his family. I think they've known for a long time that they would have these tv specials (and a paycheck coming up) and that's why we've seen them make decisions leading them away from work.

So all these poor moochers that these fools judge are less worthy but they don't the same thing it's okay

The story is gone from People!!!! It was front page an hour ago! Now it's buried.

The comments are still brutal, ouch.

The story is gone from People!!!! It was front page an hour ago! Now it's buried.

The comments are still brutal, ouch.

Yeah but they're still trending on Facebook.

I wish I could take credit for this comment on the People article:

"They are going to show her improperly strapping Izzy to her chest, while she goes out into the courtyard of the mission, where she will then stand with the other missionary wives and watch as the missionary husbands perform the conversion dance. Afterwards, they will hand out candy and pamphlets to the residents that have come to see the ridiculous missionaries and get some free candy. They will next show the Dillard's getting on a plane to fly home, first class, to attend one of the many functions that they have on their busy schedule. While seated in the first class section of the plane, we will be privy to watching Derlick update the Dillard Family Missionary page to see how much $$ they pulled in from all the fans and innocent people that donated."

47b20s0.gif

I know this has been said a lot, but I just wanted to add my own two cents.

What on Earth could possibly be happening in their lives that would be interesting enough for a special. They don't work, they don't go out. All they do is sit at home. Why in the world would I want to watch a tv show about people sitting at home doing nothing! I just don't get it!

I can easily imagine Jim Bob right in the middle of things...maybe collecting $$s as their agent?

Am hoping, if TLC is going to air this mess at all, that Anna and the M-kids are shown and paid for it. Someone in that family needs to earn money and we know who isn't.

It should be extremely boring, but people will watch. Maybe there'll be ads for secular rehab centers. :lol:

What are they going to title this special bullshit?

"So I grew up in a cult, give me money?"

"I like being on Teevee?"

"Here is the link to my registry?"

"Ignore the fact that my life is a lie, I deserve fame?"

"Dont forget that I'm pregnant?'

I just... I cant... no words... :angry-banghead:

"My favorite stores are Walmart and Target"

So clearly, the return from the "mission field" was for signing a contract and filming; the lack of job/school/seminary for Bin was to allow an open schedule for filming.

I'm really hoping that the reason that Anna left for her parents was so that she could avoid the filming.

No one deserves a TEVEEEEEEE show. Those 2 couples are nothing special. In fact, the girls have actually shown their true, tool colors in the Megyn Kelly special. I cannot see why anyone would want to watch 2 lazy couples procreating children that they really cannot (or refuse) to support beyond a "media" income. Eff them and TLC. I will not be watching.

So crass and disgusting.

I wonder about the advertisers.

Lazy, lazy, skillless grifters.

Uneducated, lazy and entitled are a very bad combination.

Where's the barfing SweetPea?

TLC and the grifter girls aren't ready to move on but I don't see any more long term potential here than the Famy Does Nashville specials.

I wonder if Jill and Jessa are doing this without JB's blessing.....He can't like the fact that we won't have editorial control.

Disgusting. I feel like the Duggars feel validated right now because they huddled in their house and prayed for months for TLC to take them back. "Lord, please give us the media exposure and TLCbucks we deserve!" And now here's a show, following Jessa and Ben doing absolutely NOTHING while they wait for their baby, and Jill/Derrick trying to be white saviors and misusing money. What a nice lesson Jim Boob can teach his family: God is real because he answered our prayers for a tv show. :roll:

I bet the specials won't stop. Especially if someone starts to court- the specials will increase, slowly add in more of the kids, and pretty soon we're back to 19KaC back in full. TLC is stupid to support this family after all the wrongdoing and all the backlash. I won't be watching but I will read that lovely Buzzard recap!

again i am not shocked that they are coming back to tv

Jessa and Jill were children when they were molested - the parents covered it up (they fucked up several times no one can forgive that - and people shouldn't) but - then the adult kids just covered it some more and when they backed their INSANE brother up - people revolted - times change - circumstances get worse and bam they have gone against Josh to a degree (jessa more than Jill) - they are getting their show - in TLC's eyes they deserve the success - TLC is insane

I am slightly disgusted by Ben and Derick - more Ben - (yes that's from me) both Ben and Derick should have manned up instead - they are on the train and they see this is a way to survive

all the while - still believing all the crap they do spew

and why do they get this new show based on the two girls who not only spoke up and defended their brother -

its all a little sleazy -

it's like getting the steak on a garbage can tray

Who even is going to advertise during this? Chik-Fil-A, Krispy Kreme, and Hobby Lobby (places the Duggars frequent for free food/good Christian shopping)? Who else could possibly want to advertise during it?

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived