IGNORED

Jill & Jessa specials coming - MERGED

quiversR4hunting

I'm not ok with it because they have downplayed the molestation. They would never be critical of the family. I don't know if mechelle and Jimboob will be included but I have no interest in seeing them.

Agree with the bolded.

No, they didn't molest anyone.

Yes, it's unfortunate that they were victims of their brother. They didn't deserve that, no one does.

But they have downplayed what happened to them. They are in a position that requires them not to hurt the family because Jebus and TLC (don't tell me that keeping the gravy train going was not a factor). Their parents seriously messed up in handling it and are still utterly clueless about it. This is a messed up family with a messed up situation who chose a messed up solution. If anything, should be held up as an example how not to deal with this type of situation.

I am not surprised at the negative reactions. A lot of folks are turned off by this family now and it surprises me that TLC is still dealing with them? It shows that the family is still clueless. It's time to GO AWAY.

• Replies 967
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Seewald's honeymoon episode was dull and boring! Where does TLC get off thinking that the public wants to see more??

What could these two possibly have to offer the viewing public that would be interesting? Watch Jessa take those selfies on video! Watch Jill talk Spanish!

UGH! Unbelievable!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Honestly as much as I have enjoyed the Duggar Schadenfreude this summer, I'm very concerned about these two families and their ability to feed their children now that the show has been cancelled and they have no employable skills / no plans to stop having babies.

So I'm secretly quite happy that these two and their young families can ride the TLC money train for at least a little bit longer.

Based on media comments I'm thinking the majority of any viewership are those watching for snark value if anything. Sure there are boatloads of humpers that watch, but with all the bad press, there are going to me MANY critical eyes watching and I am sure LOTS more negative feedback and articles in the media regarding these kids. I doubt these specials will launch into a full-fledged series. :angry-banghead:

Why can't these fools get jobs like everyone else. Two uneducated fundies on tv sitting on their asses collecting checks

I agree with you. I was reading in another thread that Ben is taking a semester off because the baby will be born soon. In the real world, a time like this is exactly when a father should be pushing himself harder to get to where he needs to be in order to support his family. I think they've known for a long time that they would have these tv specials (and a paycheck coming up) and that's why we've seen them make decisions leading them away from work.

Has anyone thought about the potential for a significant increase in family drama to ensue as a result of these "specials?" Obviously we don't know many details at this point but considering how money hungry this family is as a whole and now that the girls have their own families and presumably their own show, I'm wondering how soon things might get nasty between JB and his son in laws.

I know the goal on the outside is JOY but we all know that's bull shit at best! Sorry, I'm going through some health issues and the meds have me a bit loopy. Hopefully you're following my train of thought ;) . Money can cause major tension in other families no matter how religious or non-religious. I'm sure in the crazy, selfish, greedy, fundie world money is likely to stir up some tension as well. No matter how much one "purposes to choose joy and put others first."

*barf*

Many riffles

Feel better soon! Sorry this terribly tragic news has come about while you're not feeling the best!

Buzzard, zofran is nectar from the FSM. A holy sacrament indeed!

Thinking of watching these specials makes me think this line in the song "Takin' Pills" by the Pistol Annies. Because the Duggars seem to make many of us want to drink, smoke or take some pills!

I'll go with a little bit of columns B and C, a fat doobie and a xanax or something!!! :banana-stoner:

And while I'm at it, I'll throw a few zofran in the pot for myself and Buzzard so we don't puke!

How on earth can TLC let alone anyone support this? These two girls downplayed molestation on national news and are an insult to all victims. Jill grifted fans into funding their mission and a Jessa just got done announcing in the Duggar fan blog where all her favorite stores are for fans to send her gift cards. Now they are being rewarded with television specials? You can bet that Jim bob and Michelle will work their way back on TLC and we will have this all over again. Everyone needs to boycott the sponsors of this. While it might be fun to watch a freak show do NOT tune into TLC to watch this. You will only be rewarding bad behavior with money. Ratings will be wild because the Duggars have been made way more famous due to the Josh scandals and trended for weeks. Everyone knows who they are and everyone will watch because they will love a good freak show. This needs to be cancelled before it hits air or the Duggars will be back for good. Edit: Sorry about spelling errors I typed this out on my phone.

One thing about the Duggars clawing their way back: there's still the possibility that we know so far on Josh is not the whole story. In that case, they risk more humiliation and a repeat of the last few months if more skeletons come out. Even if they keep Josh safely out of view, just the return to fame could prompt another Danica type tell-all.

Only an idiot would want to sign on for that but smarts are not their strong suit. It shows how clueless all of them are.

I agree with you. I was reading in another thread that Ben is taking a semester off because the baby will be born soon. In the real world, a time like this is exactly when a father should be pushing himself harder to get to where he needs to be in order to support his family. I think they've known for a long time that they would have these tv specials (and a paycheck coming up) and that's why we've seen them make decisions leading them away from work.

That's the problem, they don't live in the real world. I work full time and with child #2, I was working all day on Friday and I had her at 5:54 am on Saturday morning; I didn't feel good all day on Friday but I kept working. With child #1, I didn't feel good so I stayed home, hubs went to work only to get called home 3 hours later to take me to the hospital. Yeah, real world people keep on going to work and providing for the family while waiting for baby to arrive.

If Ben was my kid I would be so disappointed he gave up his insurance job to mow lawns. :angry-banghead:

Have any advertisers commented on this? I hope they know whats in store if they advertise during this farce

Well, let's just hope the advertisers that pulled out during Joshgate don't want to stick around for this.

Oh dear god! How can this be happening? I mean most of us saw it coming at some point but by the end of the year? That is soon! :angry-banghead: Ben wasn't going to get a job and Derick has quit his job so what else were they going to do? TLC I hope this shit blows up in your face!

Bless you Buzzard! :D

Why does TLC think this is a good move? What does JB have on them?

Michelle is already posting about it on Duggar Family Official Facebook just completely milking this.

post-620-14452000889707_thumb.jpg

This is wonderful news! It's exactly what we need! Our poor Duggar threads have been limping along a bit lately so this will be a much needed shot in the arm. I'm a little disappointed in Buzzard's attitude - it almost seems as if a) she doesn't want to watch these specials or b) she doesn't look forward to recapping them. Hmm.

Just....really, really, great news indeed. :wink-kitty:

What are they going to title this special bullshit?

"So I grew up in a cult, give me money?"

"I like being on Teevee?"

"Here is the link to my registry?"

"Ignore the fact that my life is a lie, I deserve fame?"

"Dont forget that I'm pregnant?'

I just... I cant... no words... :angry-banghead:

Buzzard you couldn't have said this more perfectly. Took the words out of my mouth! I will NOT be watching. I will be contacting every sponsor telling them I will not longer be buying their products if they support this madness. People are out there working their butts off living pay check to paycheck and grifting Jill and Jessa are rewarded with television specials for their bad behavior and downplaying molestation. What a slap in the face to victims.

Sadly, we live in a world where countless exploitative shows like Keeping up with Kardashians, TMZ, Maury, Housewives, Toddlers and Tiaras, Honey Boo boo, DanceMoms, Jerry Springer, Hoarders, Jon and Kate, Duck Dynasty, and countless others thrive. The Duggar Girls' special shows are just another link in the chain of social decay. I don't think advertisers will be a problem.

Well, let's just hope the advertisers that pulled out during Joshgate don't want to stick around for this.

Or it's just going to be all Lowe's LOL.

I thought this was inevitable, TLC just doesn't ever miss an opportunity for ratings and attention and Lord knows the Duggars are always up for more attention. Curious about ow the ratings will be and how long until Michelle and Jim Bob are back on the air in a different format.

Why does TLC think this is a good move? What does JB have on them?

Michelle is already posting about it on Duggar Family Official Facebook just completely milking this.

Too bad I'm blocked.

I thought that also.....it would certainly offer some explanation as to why they don't seem all that worried about money and getting their lives going.

Perhaps it also explains why Amy and King Dill thought TLC was still planning on filming their wedding. If covert filming was still going on with Jill and Jessa, Amy may have assumed she was still viable, too. I thought it strange that Dillon spoke out, asking supporters to let TLC know they wanted to see the wedding. I wondered what good would that do? If the Duggars are cancelled TLC won't be filming your second string butt, Dill. Amy and Dillon's disappointment makes a little more sense to me now, because at the time I thought them ridiculous.

This only makes it look more like the mission thing is a publicity stunt, and not something they actually felt a calling for...

What do you mean? Jill and Derick totally felt a calling for this...a calling for more TLC money! :roll:

Disgusting. I feel like the Duggars feel validated right now because they huddled in their house and prayed for months for TLC to take them back. "Lord, please give us the media exposure and TLCbucks we deserve!" And now here's a show, following Jessa and Ben doing absolutely NOTHING while they wait for their baby, and Jill/Derrick trying to be white saviors and misusing money. What a nice lesson Jim Boob can teach his family: God is real because he answered our prayers for a tv show. :roll:

I bet the specials won't stop. Especially if someone starts to court- the specials will increase, slowly add in more of the kids, and pretty soon we're back to 19KaC back in full. TLC is stupid to support this family after all the wrongdoing and all the backlash. I won't be watching but I will read that lovely Buzzard recap!

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived