IGNORED

Jill & Jessa specials coming - MERGED

quiversR4hunting

• Replies 967
  • Created
  • Last Reply

TLC keeps running the same commercial for Jill & Jessa Counting On and it felt like it was on during every commercial break during the show 7 Little Johnstons. It gets annoying and there's another week to go. At least TLC could show a different commercial for the show. Is it that hard to create more than one preview for the show? I am tired of seeing Jill crying and the show hasn't been shown already.

The first Jill/Jessa special is 90 minutes. :my_rolleyes:

Part one of “Jill and Jessa: Counting On” will air on Dec. 13 at 8 p.m./7c with a 90-minute premiere. The subsequent specials will air at 9 p.m./8c on Dec. 20 and 27.

3 and 1/2 hours of Jill and Jessa is a lot to watch. They aren't that exciting. There better be a surprise courtship. I am hopping TLC doesn't show old clips to fill the time. It could be a snoozefest.   

I think it's going to be a snooze fest - of Jill fake crying and Jessa just going off 

There is no need to see Anna at all imo 

I wonder if we will hear from the husbands about what happened and how they felt 

because so far it looks boring as hell 

90 minutes.  OMG there will be so much filler.  TLC is one of the worst channels for "And coming up on 19 Kids and Counting..." and then they show anything remotely interesting in the show so that by the time you actually see that particular scene, you have already seen most of it in the previews.  That's a large part of what made the original series Too Dull for me to watch, that and the use of flashback clips from previous episodes.  I'll bet that the Counting On preview has only about 25 minutes of actual new footage.

90 minutes.  OMG there will be so much filler.  TLC is one of the worst channels for "And coming up on 19 Kids and Counting..." and then they show anything remotely interesting in the show so that by the time you actually see that particular scene, you have already seen most of it in the previews.  That's a large part of what made the original series Too Dull for me to watch, that and the use of flashback clips from previous episodes.  I'll bet that the Counting On preview has only about 25 minutes of actual new footage.

I am sure that an hour of the show will be a montage of Jill and Jessa growing up and then a recap of their courtships and weddings. We can hear about how Jil court Derrick Dillard, yes Derrick Dillard in case she didn't say it enough. Oh, and Jessa married the manchild. 

I assume that this will not be shown in Australia so I am in the not watching camp.  I would like to say I would not watch if I had the option, but I am not sure.  Buzzard has always provided excellent recaps so I will be reading here.  I agree with previous posters that there will be a lot of old footage and not much new. Anna's segment is probably all contained in the promo with limited, if any new, in the program.

I will offer to boycott advertisers, but I don't know if they sell here.  I will be looking for the list.

I don't have cable so I will also not be watching! Will read the recap if there is one though.

TLC keeps running the same commercial for Jill & Jessa Counting On and it felt like it was on during every commercial break during the show 7 Little Johnstons. It gets annoying and there's another week to go. At least TLC could show a different commercial for the show. Is it that hard to create more than one preview for the show? I am tired of seeing Jill crying and the show hasn't been shown already.

Part one of “Jill and Jessa: Counting On” will air on Dec. 13 at 8 p.m./7c with a 90-minute premiere. The subsequent specials will air at 9 p.m./8c on Dec. 20 and 27.

3 and 1/2 hours of Jill and Jessa is a lot to watch. They aren't that exciting. There better be a surprise courtship. I am hopping TLC doesn't show old clips to fill the time. It could be a snoozefest.   

I am guessing that they may be using material that they had filmed for the 19KaC shows for the season that never happened. And definitely, as suggested up-thread, there will be a "looking back at the past" recap with highlight moments from their childhood since the original 14 kid specials.  <yawn>

I am wondering if they will keep Anna until the last show, so they can draw an audience. 

But you know, I am definitely not going to watch.  It was boring before, It is boring now, even if they have been through a couple of scandals.  :)

My mom said "The only show we're watching on TLC anymore is the Little Couple" 

I also like 7 Little Johnstons.

While I like Jen & Bill and Will & Zoey, I think The Little Couple seems a little bit fake in the "come visit our model life" whereas the Johnstons seem much more like the average family with "come visit our chaos."

You know? I get the feeling I'd far enjoy spending a weekend with the Johnstons rather than the Arnold/Kleins. Jen is a bit of a control freak who may not (imo) really be able to relax enough to let kids be exactly how kids are (more so than Bill), but Trent and Amber seem more able to let theirs be kids without constantly ordering/organizing every minute of it.

I assume that this will not be shown in Australia so I am in the not watching camp.  I would like to say I would not watch if I had the option, but I am not sure.  Buzzard has always provided excellent recaps so I will be reading here.  I agree with previous posters that there will be a lot of old footage and not much new. Anna's segment is probably all contained in the promo with limited, if any new, in the program.

I will offer to boycott advertisers, but I don't know if they sell here.  I will be looking for the list.

90 minutes????  Are they trying to get me to gouge my eyes out?  FFS I'm pretty sure this is just a personal attack to ensure that I'm not sober enough to go to work monday.

If it helps I will drink along with you? Red or white or spirits?:whitewine:

Sorry, it is rude to assume you will post just because you have in the past.  Will you please consider it ?

90 minutes????  Are they trying to get me to gouge my eyes out?  FFS I'm pretty sure this is just a personal attack to ensure that I'm not sober enough to go to work monday.

That does seem excessive. Sounds mind numbing.  Makes me wonder how many "appearances" JB and Michelle will be making. We may have to be reminded of all their past lives, babies etc so we can remember all they have been through in their young lives..... ICK. Let's not forget there will be tears and Kleenex. Mostly used by the bored silly viewers of the show.

90 minutes? Poor Buzzard, what did we coerce you into doing?  Can you record it and ff through the commercials. Also the 'coming up' nonsense.

Are JB and M displayed in any of those 90 mins?

if not, what are they going to show? Oh God, it will be the engagements and weddings, you watch. How much splicing will need to be done to delete Josh?

Are JB and M displayed in any of those 90 mins?

if not, what are they going to show? Oh God, it will be the engagements and weddings, you watch. How much splicing will need to be done to delete Josh?

I am sure M and JB are  featured in some way  - because don't forget - we are being treated to the riveting going away party that Jill and Derick had - and they both were at that  So bam - $ 

It will be I bet strictly weddings and engagements - because don't you know we haven't seen that before. 

and the TH's of JIll fake crying should be Fun 

and don't forget episode 3 - guarantee you - we will Sierra and Jessa becoming best friends.  Remember she was everywhere 

so the two of them going furniture shopping and discussing the Lord and both using their eyes when discussing sex - googly eye contest 

riveting 

If it helps I will drink along with you? Red or white or spirits?:whitewine:

Sorry, it is rude to assume you will post just because you have in the past.  Will you please consider it ?

I promised I would, so I will.  There will be Riesling involved. 

My mom said "The only show we're watching on TLC anymore is the Little Couple" 

Hands down best show on TLC. I hope it returns soon. I dvr'd the last season for when I need a fix. The only reason I haven't written off TLC completely.

I promised I would, so I will.  There will be Riesling involved. 

Yum. Chateau Ste Michelle and I have a long history of hate watching the Duggars together. 

how about we drink a shot every time Buzzard types the name babe 

:D 

Jill & Jessa Drinking Game. Please feel free to add more.

1 shot for the following words/phrases mentioned in the show:

-precious

-new season of life

-grandbabies

-babe (Jill & Jessa use this word a lot)

-heartbreaking

2 shots for the following:

-every time that Jill cries

-every time Jana is holding a baby

-mention of Tabitha Paine being the new school teacher

-Jill/Derick and Jessa/Ben kissing at the same time

Already filmed scenes from the Duggars Family TV show that may be used in Jill & Jessa Counting On. Courtesy of the Daily Mail.

-"On April 27, Jessa and Ben Seewald took camera crews along with them to a doctor's appointment where they heard their unborn baby's heartbeat for the first time. Jessa, who is due on November 1 with the couple's first child, told family and friends that the visit to the doctor was not without some drama. At first they couldn't find the heartbeat, the baby wasn't turned the right way or something." (Jessa - you should have used an actually midwife. That was the first red flag)

-“ Not only did Jill have a lot of health issues after the birth, but Derick had teeth pulled, surgery and braces all documented by camera crews.”  (Exciting!!!!)

- “In anther poignant scene, son Joseph, 20, prepares to head off to Bible school in Tennessee with the family joined in prayer.”  (Need to fill 3 and ½ hours)

- The family's trip to the annual home school conference in Big Sandy, Texas, between April 20 and 24 was also filmed. (Again need to fill 3 and ½ hours)

Prediction: Not going to show Josiah courtship to Marjorie

Link to article: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3108207/Josiah-Duggar-Marjorie-Jackson-courting-Jessa-hears-baby-s-heartbeat-time-Jill-family-going-Nepal-missionary-work-moments-WON-T-TLC-cancels-19-Kids-Counting.html

Thanks for the link accountingstar!  

My favorite part:

The 'shocker' for the family comes when the Dillard reveal they are 'pulled' to do missionary and aid work in Kathmandu, Nepal after the devastating earthquake on April 25. 

'They tell the family they want to go for an extended amount of time to the region - and they're taking baby Israel.' 

Jim Bob and Michelle are genuinely caught off guard by the revelation, according to the insider. 

'Jim Bob goes sheet white. It's obvious he wasn't big on this idea and it was meant to be a dramatic moment for the show.' 

The family offers to 'pray' for Jill and Derick as they make this momentous decision. 

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3108207/Josiah-Duggar-Marjorie-Jackson-courting-Jessa-hears-baby-s-heartbeat-time-Jill-family-going-Nepal-missionary-work-moments-WON-T-TLC-cancels-19-Kids-Counting.html#ixzz3tPcuDTHW 
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

It seems that the Dillards' urge to help after the earthquake faded quickly.  Maybe they decided against Nepal when Jill realized that if they went so far away they could not come back for the upcoming weddings.  

So all three specials are done by the new year? Why isn't TLC pulling them out longer, afraid of the audience losing intrest? Are they planning to announce the spin off show with the new year? Please lord no.

and please no one get alcohol poisoning during the drinking game! Imagine the headlines!

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived