IGNORED

ANNOUNCEMENT: Off site interactions

Curious

!  {TEXT1}:
Hi Folks,

Over time Freejinger has evolved as a community and that evolution has included times where we test our bounds. We have been made aware that some of our members, or individuals claiming to be our members, have participated in the chat that accompanies services held by Reformers Unanimous and alluded to their membership here.

We'd like to remind you to please not make comments that sound like you are a representative of Free Jinger. We have no intention of trying to control our members offsite activities, but we do not wish Free Jinger to be associated with disruptive behaviors.

It is the opinion of the Administrative team that disrupting a religious service or any program designed for rehabilitative purposes in crossing a line that should not be crossed. Its one thing to discuss something here, but it is completely different to disrupt something that others rely on, reasonably or not. We are better than that.

Thank you for your attention to this matter. As always questions and comments are welcome.

• Upvote 3

Hi Folks,

Over time Freejinger has evolved as a community and that evolution has included times where we test our bounds. We have been made aware that some of our members, or individuals claiming to be our members, have participated in the chat that accompanies services held by Reformers Unanimous and alluded to their membership here.

We'd like to remind you to please not make comments that sound like you are a representative of Free Jinger. We have no intention of trying to control our members offsite activities, but we do not wish Free Jinger to be associated with disruptive behaviors.

It is the opinion of the Administrative team that disrupting a religious service or any program designed for rehabilitative purposes in crossing a line that should not be crossed. Its one thing to discuss something here, but it is completely different to disrupt something that others rely on, reasonably or not. We are better than that.

Thank you for your attention to this matter. As always questions and comments are welcome.[/mod]

Thank you for addressing this.

I haven't been on the site much lately and I didn't see this until yesterday (too late for me to really comment on it), but the fact that some posters decided to do this made me extremely uncomfortable.

Whether we agree with the methods used or not, there are people in those sessions who are private individuals and they don't deserve to be subjected to harassment - their families don't deserve it either. Taking part in that session and even hinting at the fact that you are affiliated with this site is completely unfair to those of us who don't want to be affiliated with such actions - and when you use a name that alludes to the site or you mention it in a comment you are doing just that.

I hope everyone uses better judgement in the future.

• Upvote 2

I really don't want to be associated with a site that looks the other way on doxxing (outing blogger's identity/address) and harassment. Especially since we can't delete accounts.

• Upvote 1

Thanks for saying this! I was too afraid to say this in the thread. :embarrassed: Some braver people expressed similar ideas and got shot down.

• Upvote 2

I really don't want to be associated with a site that looks the other way on doxxing (outing blogger's identity/address) and harassment. Especially since we can't delete accounts.

Do you mean when people talk about fundie bloggers? I think most of them say their names on their blog. For example, the Maxwells and Arndts.

Our rules don't allow for doxxing, so I'm not sure where that is coming from, tbh. If we have missed something, please report the post(s) so we can review them.

We do rely on members to report things like this because we can't be in every thread at every moment :)

• Upvote 1

It really bothers me to see such a lack of consideration for other people at RU. I'm almost certain the other clients didn't ask for the smug one or the crap that follows him.

I just feel for their families...

• Upvote 2