I think Emily is only a couple of years away from flat out telling Lori to go to Hell.

Lori will eventually tell Emily what she tells her readers who disagree with her-- that she is wrong and disagreeing with Lori is disagreeing with God, and about then Emily and her husband will suddenly be busy more often when Lori and Ken want to be there.

Also, why couldn't Lori fly out with Ken if he was in their area for work around her birthday. Lori has no Job. Ken likely flies enough that he surely has points for free tickets to fly Lori on trips with him from time to time, and if not, hasn't he told us he's set for retirement, so round trip tickets shouldn't be cost prohibitive. IS she not allowed to fly because of her tumor? Or, do she and Ken prefer their time alone?

Editing to ad--- this was a treasure trove...

Emily wrote --in his response, John Piper mentioned none of the above reasons you mentioned. I think the reason many people spoke out against his comments was because he was implying that a woman's mere presence in a position of leadership over a man in the workplace would be a stumbling block for him and would emasculate him. Granted, he makes a distinction between non personal and personal work interactions but does a terrible job at expounding upon it. Never does scripture command women to submit to a man who isn't their husband, and to imply that a woman not seek a career position for that reason is waaaay stretching Biblical command. I do want to mention one more thing: although women are commanded to have a gentle and quiet spirit, maybe I am wrong here, but I think that has nothing to do with personality and job performance.

2 · September 1 at 8:40am · Edited

Lori Alexander I agree with you except for the drill sergeant. I think all of you young women need to be very careful for what you are fighting for. I don't think you want your future daughters, who many will have NO desire to be in the military, to be drafted along with all the young men to war someday due to the feminists movement and the direction it is taking. "Demanding respect" doesn't seem too feminine to me either. Just my opinion!

I gather Emily doesn't know Ken's feelings on this

Emily, Meet Ken....

Although I may not agree with everything this bachelor sees and feels, I think he makes a lot of sense, even if he is not perfect in his assessment on this important matter. You and other women should know that although creativity and a sense of achievement are strong motivators for men, the greatest motivator of all is a husband’s sense of joy and privilege in accomplishing great things to both impress his wife and children, but to support them financially. We as men desire recognition for our achievements and recognition from society without recognition from our spouse is quite hurtful. That is one reason why many affairs may happen, a sense from a man that everyone around him admires him, but not his wife. She is disrespectful and takes him for granted.

As for women eating men as with insects the females devouring the males for the purpose of survival and procreation purposes, I am sure his illustration is figurative, not literal. Look at the numbers of men on the employment line or in low paying jobs because of the mass of females who now dominate the job market. Men built by nature to provide for their family now relegated to something far below their talents and what their family needs because women can do the job, perhaps equal or better, or have the opportunity to spend countless years in education that some men feel is impossible if they want a family life before 30.

Patt, there is a reason why the beast is ridden by the Harlot of Babylon. We do not know the full extent of why, but we know it relates to commerce and economics, and it would not surprise me to see the prediction of this young bachelor come true as we move past 50% of the work force made up by women. What looks so innocent on the surface, is at its heart a blow to the role and work of the male human who was not built to bear children and raise them. Such men are now becoming stay at home Dads, which is not what God intended for the majority of families, with their wives working full time because they have greater earning power. Right or wrong, now two men may be sidelined from the from their God given purpose as provider for the family unit. The one who is now at home taking care of the babies and the one who may have gotten the job the wife is in if she had stayed home to be with her children.

I know this is not politically correct thinking, and I am unwilling to cast this thinking in concrete, but this young man must make us think about what is really happening in modern society and ask the question, who should be the primary bread winners, and who should be the primary caregivers for the family? It is easy to say that any woman should have the right to be a doctor, lawyer and CEO, and with this I fully agree. But when the masses of women no longer need husbands to provide for them because physical strength and stamina are not the most rewarded commodities in the work place, it is here that thoughtful people must at least acknowledge that society is radically changing and the female becoming a more dominant and demanding presence, perhaps close to surpassing men in numbers and value in the workplace. Do we believe this is God’s design, or perhaps Satan’s design for how he ultimately rides the Beast of Babylon (world commerce and materialism)?

I believe it is likely that Babylon the Great is the dominance of commerce and materialism which is does indeed rule the world far more than politics and religion. Economics, money, business, commerce is the way Satan ushers in his final kingdom and rules the world. With women playing a larger role in commerce around the world, how does this ultimately impact where the world goes, and how Satan gains ultimate control? We don’t have those answers, but let us not discount this young man’s legitimate concerns going forward, that many men will find themselves impotent to impress a woman, nor gain her admiration. And without her respect sees no reason to marry into a relationship that puts him at odds with his god given roles and natural purposes in life.

The reader should recognize that my end times thoughts are speculative, but the issue of of the advancing negative attitudes of men towards women, and vice versa is accelerating. For an interesting perspective look at the following to see that this young man is not the only one seeing that things are spiraling the wrong direction for the traditional marriage and family. Women no longer will settle for just a good man who will love them all their life and be a good father. No, they want more, and many men just want a traditional woman, not this high powered executive who cannot admire her man for his natural gifts and masculinity.

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2012/11/24/war-on-...

• Replies 726
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lori will eventually tell Emily what she tells her readers who disagree with her-- that she is wrong and disagreeing with Lori is disagreeing with God, and about then Emily and her husband will suddenly be busy more often when Lori and Ken want to be there.

Also, why couldn't Lori fly out with Ken if he was in their area for work around her birthday. Lori has no Job. Ken likely flies enough that he surely has points for free tickets to fly Lori on trips with him from time to time, and if not, hasn't he told us he's set for retirement, so round trip tickets shouldn't be cost prohibitive. IS she not allowed to fly because of her tumor? Or, do she and Ken prefer their time alone?

I have two theories on why Lori didn't travel with Ken: 1) He didn't want her to tag along or 2) Lori stayed behind so she could play the poor neglected wife whose husband left on her birthday.

And you are right, they are certainly in a situation where she could be traveling with him. My husband has done a lot of travel throughout our marriage. One of the reasons I have not gone back to work, even though we are empty nesters, is so I can be free to travel with him. Those frequent flier miles do come in handy. Why not use them?

Today the godly mentor is teaching her minions how to raise children without spoiling them. Here are a few choice tidbits.

I also saw clearly in the home movies that whenever Ken asked them to do anything while he was filming them, they would do it immediately; no arguing or complaining. When he told them to come, they would come. If he told them to dance, they danced! They were obedient children. They obeyed cheerfully from the time they were young. In the several hours of watching the videos, not once did Ken or I have to ask them to do something twice. They grew up obeying their teachers, coaches, bosses, government and most importantly, God!"

I'd venture to guess if I was spanked (as a toddler) for 4 hours for not picking up some raisins, that I probably would do everything the first time I was told, too.

Ken's in yesterday's comments rewriting history.

Ken:

So if a child misbehaved or was trying us we would usually just say, "Go to the fire place." Usually they ran to the fire place crying. Then in a minute or two they would say, "all done Daddy," and if it was a small offense we told them to come back. If it was a worse offense, we would let them sit five minutes or so. After the time out was over we would always talk to them about the offense and explain our expectations, and then with hugs and laughter and fun moved forward.

Perhaps there are two keys to training in obedience. The first is that if the child didn't go to the fire place quickly there would be swats, or bedroom for a lot longer.

The above statement totally contradicts assertions that both he and Lori have made in the past.

Lori:

We didn't have to resort to charts, bedtime routines, stickers, or time outs. We spanked them if they didn't obey us!

Ken:

we are big proponents of spanking toddlers

Lori and Ken have also admitted to using creative abusive discipline techniques.

Lori:

Ken had Ryan come over and pushed Ryan down on his bottom.

Ken:

I can only remember creating a bruise on one child

When will he accept that once you've smeared something all over the internet, it doesn't disappear??? :doh:

Ken's in yesterday's comments rewriting history.

Ken:

The above statement totally contradicts assertions that both he and Lori have made in the past.

Lori:

Ken:

Lori and Ken have also admitted to using creative abusive discipline techniques.

Lori:

Ken:

When will he accept that once you've smeared something all over the internet, it doesn't disappear??? :doh:

I was hoping you'd be along to remind Ken and Lori that the internet is forever ;)

I think Emily is only a couple of years away from flat out telling Lori to go to Hell.

Go Emily.

She really is not buying the bullshit. Kind of awkward when it's your MIL :lol:

They don't even seem to realize how cold and callous they sound. I have always responded to my kids -- not babying them but acknowledging their pain/discomfort and finding ways to work it out/shake it off/whatever. My kids aren't complainers, and one has suffered a major break with nary a tear. It irks me to see parents take pride in being cruel, and I'm sorry, but blowing off your kids when they are legitimately sick or hurt just makes you a bitch in my book.

And I'm going to guess Ryan is getting colds if he's had so many of them since they've been married. And yeah, I'd expect a grown man to be able to survive a cold without complaints.

Perhaps now we have a better understanding as to why Ryan is such a cruel father. I am haunted by the stories Lori posted about how he made Emma cry on a blanket when she was hungry and then forced her to eat when she was not. Ryan and his siblings were raised by bullies and, while I believe we are all capable of rising above our bad childhood, I have to wonder which of the Alexander offspring are just like their parents.

Perhaps now we have a better understanding as to why Ryan is such a cruel father. I am haunted by the stories Lori posted about how he made Emma cry on a blanket when she was hungry and then forced her to eat when she was not. Ryan and his siblings were raised by bullies and, while I believe we are all capable of rising above our bad childhood, I have to wonder which of the Alexander offspring are just like their parents.

Ryan is the only one who is employed by Ken. He's also the only one producing any grandchildren. Speaking of which.....

Lori's post today was particularly insensitive (even by Lori standards). She has a daughter struggling with fertility issues. She still reposts this bit of victim-blaming non-advice. If you struggle with infertility, you just need to pray harder, get right with God and stop eating sugar. Notably absent from the to-do list is anything like "see a reproductive endocrinologist".

Go Emily.

She really is not buying the bullshit. Kind of awkward when it's your MIL :lol:

Makes me wonder if her husband would ever step in and tell his mom to shove off. When your parents are abusive, you tend to maintain that child-like obedience much, much longer than is normal because it's safest, emotionally anyway.

But hats off to Emily for her diplomacy! She handled the wicked witch of the west without so much as breaking a sweat.

Here she goes again with extremes. Most of us who have dealt with littles from toddlers on up have developed a useful technique: when they take a non-dangerous-looking tumble, we check out of the corner of our eye to see whether they pick themselves up and show they're OK. If they cry when they think you can't see them, it usually means they need attention.

Ignoring EVERY instance of childhood discomfort is dangerous. My cousin's son, born with a severe cleft palate, developed into a tough little guy as a result of many surgeries and hospitalizations. One night at bedtime, he was a little fussy--and his parents discovered he had a huge inguinal hernia, so they rushed him to the hospital.

He grew into a very compassionate little boy, and today he is an amazingly warm and loving husband and father.

Ken is playing the role of Lori today in comments. He notes:

Lori would love to respond, and she is reading the comments,. but she is back in a heavy pain cycle right now, so I am on blog duty.

Now, I will say right out of the gate that I actually feel bad for Lori. I hate the thought of anyone being in pain because you know- I'm human. That said, I can't help but reflect back on yesterday's post:

We also didn't want them to be spoiled or act spoiled so we didn't baby them. If they fell and cried, we ignored them; but only if it wasn't a bad fall. Children are hurting themselves and crying often. If you are always running to them and hovering over them every time they hurt themselves, they will grow up complaining about every ache and pain and looking for attention. When they were sick, I wouldn't let them complain. I'd rock them and give them what they needed, but I never babied them unless they were truly injured. As a result, my adult children are all tough when it comes to pain. They don't complain and look for sympathy. In fact, Erin told me she doesn't even know when Ryan has the flu since he won't complain about it. Life is tough and full of trials. Train them in this way when they are young and they'll know how to handle it when they are older.

Of course that's all referring to pain endured by her children, as is this comment:

Pain is a great teacher.

Now you would think that given Lori's stance on pain, and the fact that she trained her kids to mask their discomfort so well that their own spouses don't even know when they're sick, she would apply the same principles to her own life. You'd be wrong.

You can scour her blog and find post after post after post detailing the pain she has endured. She doesn't hesitate to send out a "prayer flare" for herself during her daughter's wedding, and today, not only does Ken know she's in a "heavy pain cycle", but her blog readers know as well.

Now why weren't her children shown the same level of care she expects for herself???

I have my own theory about Ken and pain.

Ken clearly resented Lori's health problems. As far as he was concerned, the only silver lining is that Lori was more pathetic than bossy when she was in real pain. This is the guy who once told cabinetman that he was married to a "sicko". He also lost his mother at a young age (19 I think), so he might have some issues from then. This was the same mother who was so totally submissive that she'd simply hang her head when he husband scolded her, and quietly apologize. So....Ken may have hated signs of weakness in his kids, and wanted them to grow up tough. He mentioned how he'd encourage the boys to play on sprained ankles before.

Ryan is the only one who is employed by Ken. He's also the only one producing any grandchildren. Speaking of which.....

Lori's post today was particularly insensitive (even by Lori standards). She has a daughter struggling with fertility issues. She still reposts this bit of victim-blaming non-advice. If you struggle with infertility, you just need to pray harder, get right with God and stop eating sugar. Notably absent from the to-do list is anything like "see a reproductive endocrinologist".

Lori is an asshole. I think at least one of her kids(probably not Ryan) will have a falling out with her, at some point. If I was Alyssa, I would be pissed at Lori.

Things I learned from Lori's infertility post:

1. If you have health problems, it's because you're a sinning sinner who sins.

2. Sin causes health problems.

3. Husbandly prayer can cure all health problems.

4. Lori has health problems.

5. Even though health problems are caused by sin.

6. And lack of faith.

7. And even though husbandly prayer can cure everything.

8. Because reasons.

This will sound mean, but I'm going to say it anyway. I don't have a lot of sympathy for Lori and her "heavy pain cycle." If she would stop using quackery of one kind or another and actual use proper pain medication, she likely wouldn't have as much pain.

Ken is always waxing on about how pain meds cause addiction and has no idea that there is a difference between addiction and physical dependence. I've explained that to him more than once, as have others here.

I'm not thrilled I have to take pain meds, but my quality of life has improved an indescribable amount since I went on them. Lori may like to suffer and that is fine, but she is telling other people that pain meds are evil incorrect information about them when she doesn't even use them.

That pisses me off to an irrational level because uncontrolled pain can cause many other problems with your body, not the least of which is high blood pressure.

I am sure you have had one of those days when just one more thing has to happen and it feels like the straw that broke the camel’s back. Maybe you want to sit down and have a good long cry, or curl up in bed and ask God, “Why!?†Today, I spilled the soup when I opened the refrigerator door. It is not the first time I spilled the soup as by chance, the handle of the soup pan just allows one of the door shelves to sneak up under it, so when the door is opened it pulls the handle out, and presto! Soup goes flying all over the fridge and the floor. I just stood there and stared at the mess for about two minutes with really no emotion whatsoever. It might have been fun to have a video of it all as it seemed all too surreal, and were I a curser or a screamer I might have let loose with some pretty fleshly behavior. But no, I just stood there and stared.

To understand the real meaning of this story you have to get the background information. I don’t often go to the freezer in the garage and come back with chicken bones and make broth; then drive twenty minutes away to get organic vegetables, return home and chop them all up for soup. That’s usually Lori’s job, as she needs her soup, especially in times when her stomach hurts so badly she feels she can’t eat anything else, but bland vegie soup.

This from the man who helped raise his kids not to be complainers.

By the way- In his effort to make his soup making adventure sound like a task of herculean proportions, Ken has made himself seem like a whiney ass. His wife is in a "heavy pain cycle" and he's blathering on about driving to the grocery, opening the freezer, and chopping a few vegetables? Because that's women's work?? :hand:

As some of you probably guessed, Lori has gone down for the count again in horrible neck and stomach pain. We don’t know how she must have tweaked her neck, but she felt it coming on a week ago with burning feet all night long, then burning all over the next few days, then the pain seems to concentrate in her neck. When her neck flares up it takes her stomach with it and now the pain battle is on two fronts instead of one.

So when Lori goes from a very capable helpmeet to an almost invalid, I have to step my game a bit and make the soup, and do about everything else too. She still gets around to get her frozen corn packs in and out of the freezer, and to serve herself her soup, but basically, her time is spent in bed or on the couch with frozen veggies up against the back of her neck to try to beat down the inflammation. No drugs will work as they seem to only make matters worse with heart palpitations, anxiety and an incredibly worse stomach. So, icing and time, usually 2-3 weeks of time, and she should pull through this one more of many pain cycles.

This I don't get. My husband nor I have ever had anything this serious wrong with us, but when one of us is sick, we do everything in our power to make each other comfortable. We literally wait on each other hand and foot, because that's just what you do when you love someone.

If Lori is in such excruciating pain, why doesn't Ken be a dear and get her ice-packs and serve her soup? Jeez, my husband did all that and more for me when I had my wisdom teeth out, and he didn't even have to take to the internet about it.

For the blog, Lori has some 2-3 months of posts all ready to go, which she switches in and out if she writes something from scratch that day. So my job on the blog monitoring is pretty easy, and she reads your comments, so please keep them coming as they help her feel useful, even if she cannot contribute as she normally does. Certainly we covet your prayers, but there is not much we need as I make a pretty good helpmeet myself when life needs me to be. Lots of prayers for healing is what we need most, and we appreciate them very much. The True Woman’s Series will be put on hold unto she is doing much better.

Whew! I was worried that the blog might be too much on Ken. Making the soup and deleting comments too! Lord, the work! But hey, humble brag- he's pretty damn good at being a woman if he does say so! :evil:

Now back to the spilt soup. We are not the only family with difficulties. Actually, our difficulties are far milder than many in this world suffer from. Of course that may be easy for me to say as I am not the one in pain! But I do have to shake my head in bewilderment over all the artificial pain that some couples cause their marriage every day, wanting to take from the marriage without appropriately nurturing it and giving back to it was is their due. They might even run a ledger trying to make sure that they get enough help from their husband, or enough affection from a wife, then start the pain cycle of their own imagination because he, or she, is not giving enough to this marriage!

My question to these couples is what is going to happen in your life when the soup really spills. I mean not some artificial need that you feel slighted over, but a real disaster where all the organic vegies hit the floor and you have to clean up the mess and start all over again as your spouse sits helplessly by knowing that she can do nothing to help?

:evil-eye: <---that's all I can say to that one.

I stood there and stared at the soup sprayed all over, everywhere. Not only was a major clean neessary, but the precious commodity was gone. No dinner, breakfast and lunch of soup for Lori for tonight and tomorrow. Those two minutes of time I stared I had to remind myself that times have been worse, and I have so much for which to be thankful. Besides, had I not just told a Belgium client, “Never lose hope!?†Whatever lies ahead of you, you know God is in it. Hope says, “Tomorrow will be better than today,†so all we have to do is hang on and get to tomorrow. We know how the story ends, and we win! We will soon be on the New Earth where there will be no pain or tears. My guess is we will never spill the soup, or if we do, we will laugh about it, remembering what that meant to us in our previous finite lives.

So, when your soup spills, take a few minutes to pause, stare and reflect. Then remember that love cleans up the soup on the floor, then runs upstairs to finish your work project, then runs back downstairs to clean out the fridge. Best of all, love starts again and chops up the organic vegies and places them into the left over broth, then cleans up the kitchen, makes the salad, and sits down and watches the game. All thankful that I don’t have the pain, I just have the extra work, and work is nothing hard to one who thrives on it.

:cracking-up: Victory! He survived the great soup spill of 2015! I was on the edge of my seat there for a min! I knew Ken would pull through and save the day- I just knew it! A true story of triumph if I've ever heard one! :roll:

May I add, that to those of you who think that wifely submission just let’s a husband off the hook, I wish you a healthy dose of necessary love to understand that love is the greatest of responsibilities that belongs to husband and wife. When Jesus found that all the soup was spilled he picked up his cross and stumbled all the way to Calvary, to die, so that you and I could have a fresh spotless life of new soup. He cleaned up all our mess and made us whole again. Does not his love propel us to do the same for our spouse? The person we say we love the most in this whole world? You bet it does, so let's get started today.

Yes, because making and cleaning up soup totally puts me in mind of the crucifixion. :shock:

As a side note, pray for me ya'll. I am about to wade into the laundry room. I don't like to think of myself as a martyr, but all of these dirty clothes definitely put me in mind of the sacrifices one might have to make.....I'll do it though. For the family. And because I want to be like Jesus.

:doh: :doh: :doh:

"... wanting to take from the marriage without appropriately nurturing it and giving back to it was is their due. They might even run a ledger trying to make sure that they get enough help from their husband, or enough affection from a wife, then start the pain cycle of their own imagination because he, or she, is not giving enough to this marriage!"

I am getting major passive-aggressive vibes from this.

Ken, you're an ass. Take care of your wife the way you demand she take care of you. She's sick and hurting. Get over yourself.

And there's no reason to make her go without soup all day. Go make the woman some soup. And for god's sake, don't forget the potato.

"... wanting to take from the marriage without appropriately nurturing it and giving back to it was is their due. They might even run a ledger trying to make sure that they get enough help from their husband, or enough affection from a wife, then start the pain cycle of their own imagination because he, or she, is not giving enough to this marriage!"

I am getting major passive-aggressive vibes from this.

Ken, you're an ass. Take care of your wife the way you demand she take care of you. She's sick and hurting. Get over yourself.

And there's no reason to make her go without soup all day. Go make the woman some soup. And for god's sake, don't forget the potato.

I agree. Honestly, I think I feel sorrier for her than he does. If she was my neighbor, I'd make her the soup and not complain about it. Again, it's about being human, and giving a damn if those around us are hurting. These two may not know anything about that, but that doesn't mean the rest of us don't.

The fact that Ken thinks he's going to great lengths by making soup really speaks volumes about him as a human and a husband.

I'd like to offer some snark-free advice to Ken. Perhaps it would be easier to move the soup into smaller, more manageable storage containers - maybe even single serving sized. That way Lori could pull one serving from the fridge and heat it in the microwave. You can by a few glass storage containers if you do not want to heat plastic. OR if you don't want to use the microwave at all, have a small sauce pan handy that Lori can just pour one serving into and heat more quickly. Also, maybe you could keep that pan washed for her and set back on the stove so each time she's ready to serve herself some soup, there's one less step for her. She shouldn't be lifting a heavy soup pot in and out of the fridge each time she's hungry; plus small storage containers make for a more organized refrigerator...and reduces the risk of large spills.

Now back to your regularly scheduled snark. I find it interesting that Ken would not even give up basketball when Lori was ill, but he takes on the blog as though it's the one thing standing between them and the poorhouse. He could easily have made one comment that Lori was ill and unable to respond to comments; the readers would have understood. I think Ken LOVES being part of the blog. He loves pontificating from on high and he loves the potential for gossip that it provides.

The fact that Ken thinks he's going to great lengths by making soup really speaks volumes about him as a human and a husband.

Maybe Ken feels it's a super-big deal to make the soup because Lori is hyper-critical of his efforts to do so.

I only think of this possibility because I have been in a relationship with someone who know people whose relationship operates this way...

I can't stand Lori but I would make her some soup and pamper her while she is in horrible pain and I wouldn't bitch about it on the internet.

Ken, strangers who don't even like your wife would take better care of her than you do. You should be ashamed.

Another episode of Incredibly Trivial First-World Problems, is it? Ken spilling soup ranks right up there with Lori having to deal with him forgetting to lower the toilet lid on the trauma scale. Their bravery in the face of these challenges is certainly an inspiration to all the rest of us.

[Yes, I know all about making soup and even losing soup. I make homemade chicken soup, with veggies, every week, and occasionally something goes wrong. You just say "shit", make soup more, and move on.] They don't live off the grid, so getting food isn't hard. There is a Trader Joe's or 2 in Carlsbad. Go to the store. Buy some organic soup. Buy some glass storage wear. The end.

I'm also willing to bet that Lori has fibromyalgia. It can co-exist with other conditions, and can also result from physical or mental trauma. If that's the case, the irony is that some of her advice is actually likely to promote fibromyalgia is susceptible individuals. Extreme chronic stress - like the kind you get after putting up with someone constantly treating you like shit, as in TheJoyFilledWife's case, can trigger it.

OK, so Lori (who is a monster at the very least) is getting sympathy from me today (well, not much) because she is married to a drama queen of epic proportions.

Ken, for whom giving his wife a neck rub is the equivalent of Christ suffering on the cross, is crying over spilled soup. Because he can't figure out how to store soup in his fridge without the pan handle catching in the door. (And this is a man we are supposed to pay big bucks to revamp our dental practices?)

One, when her neck is bothering her enough that the telltale signs of the feet burning come up, why isn't she at a chiropractor? A good one could have eased any pinched nerve and likely have kept her from being bed ridden, unless this is the tumor and not her neck.

Two. Why freeze just the bones. Why not have frozen broth in the freezer. And there is not a day that i couldn't make a quick veggie soup from scratch at my house, and I'm an evil feminist. Even if I had made a batch yesterday, there would be enough vegetables left to make enough soup for Lori.

Three. Ken seems to be one of those men who thinks he gets martyr points for care taking when his wife is ill. A brother in law of mine was like that. You'd ask how is ill wife was and he'd tell you about all he had to do to take care of her. He was in his mid 50s and quit his job to travel and care for her. Ken comes across as purposely helpless and begging for brownie points with this whining post.

Sheeple:

Ken you are an example of a Humble Servant!

(Please note, a humble servant wouldn't be complaining/bragging on the internet. And they would serve the soup as well as cook it)

Ken:

We will get through this time just as we have 50 times before.

(Nice little dig there Ken. :roll: )

Ken:

We probably wait way too long before asking for the prayers of many of Lori's faithful readers.

OR, you're taking Lori's own poorly timed advice:

Lori:

Children are hurting themselves and crying often. If you are always running to them and hovering over them every time they hurt themselves, they will grow up complaining about every ache and pain and looking for attention. When they were sick, I wouldn't let them complain.

Anyway....

Sheeple:

It sounds like you are taking wonderful care of your wife!

Ken:

She still gets around to get her frozen corn packs in and out of the freezer, and to serve herself her soup

Good lord people, he made a pot of soup- he didn't give the woman a kidney. My husband cooks dinner ALL.THE.TIME. He doesn't blog about it. He doesn't whine about it. :roll:

May I add, that to those of you who think that wifely submission just let’s a husband off the hook, I wish you a healthy dose of necessary love to understand that love is the greatest of responsibilities that belongs to husband and wife.

Lori needs a shirt that says:

"I submit to his every whim, and all I got was a lousy pot of soup"

Things I learned from Lori's infertility post:

1. If you have health problems, it's because you're a sinning sinner who sins.

2. Sin causes health problems.

3. Husbandly prayer can cure all health problems.

4. Lori has health problems.

5. Even though health problems are caused by sin.

6. And lack of faith.

7. And even though husbandly prayer can cure everything.

8. Because reasons.

Love this.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived