IGNORED

The Maxwells and the Elderly ate pie

Seven Severn

Maybe NR uses those 'special' family get-togethers as an approved excuse to get some time to herself. I think she's a perfectionist and that her already impossible personal standards are made even more ridiculous by the fact that she's a Maxwell living in Maxhell. I think stays home in the name of looking after the baby and allows herself a bit of (relative) breathing space.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sarah's twist on a selfie, eesh. To my knowledge, mirror selfies existed before modern selfies as people lacked front facing cameras but needed MySpace pics. The word selfie wasn't popular but Sarah...that's not a twist....
Even for Sarah,that's not a twist. She's been doing those shots since long before the Maxkids had phone cameras or knew what a selfie was.

"we scheduled a hymn sing with a pie fellowship"

Pie fellowship :clap: :clap: I wouldn't mind having some 'Pie fellowship' with my namesake and his jeans do look defrauding for a Maxwell. :wink-penguin:

"Pie fellowship" sounds like what happens in the pivotal scene of American Pie.

I also wonder about that. Even when she's present, there seems to be no focus on her. Cousin Drew, meanwhile, is shown and commented on regularly. I suspect the reason goes beyond gender bias.

Oh FFS. Now we are speculating that something is wrong with a kid based on how many times she appears in a heavily edited advertising blog? Lydia was just a little over 1 month old when they went on Terri's zoo trip. It is absolutely within the realm of good baby care to keep them away from large, public places at that age, and at home in their own environment, where they and their mother are most comfortable. It's not like a one month old is going to enjoy a zoo.

"Pie fellowship" sounds like what happens in the pivotal scene of American Pie.

Dang, you beat me, I was thinking the same thing! I. Can't imagine Steve reacting as calmly as the dad in the movie though,..

"We'll just tell your mother...... that we ate it all"

Ill eat your pie John. My mouth salivates at the thought of the pie .. And the chunks.. Oh the chunks. Little known fact. My real

Name is Cherie and my nickname from very young has always been cherry pie or sometimes just pie. John, fancy some pie?

Dang, you beat me, I was thinking the same thing! I. Can't imagine Steve reacting as calmly as the dad in the movie though,..

"We'll just tell your mother...... that we ate it all"

I couldn't imagine Steve watching "American Pie" to begin with.

Holy shit, this instantly started a bastardized version of the old Warrent video Cherry Pie in my head, starring the Maxwells and the Elderly.

:laughing-rolling::laughing-rolling::laughing-rolling:

(No disrespect intended to the brilliant late Jani Lane.)

That is really funny, but now I have a mental image of Teri dancing around in short shorts......

I love to do things with my best only friend—my husband!

FTFY, Teri. Since when has Steve let you have friends?

I must need new glasses because I could only count 5 elderly fellowshipping amongst that swarm of Maxwells.

"Musics" and mysterious "chunks." Oh, Sarah!

Sarah's twist on a selfie, eesh. To my knowledge, mirror selfies existed before modern selfies as people lacked front facing cameras but needed MySpace pics. The word selfie wasn't popular but Sarah...that's not a twist....

I thought the same thing, but I don't do selfies* so I was uneasy about commenting in case I was missing something. Thank you for verifying.

*disclaimer alert: I'm out of the loop on selfies because I don't take them and have no interest in doing so. I'm not the least bit photogenic, so I really don't like seeing pictures of myself, and I can't imagine my small circle of FB friends wants to see 542 pictures of me anyway. one of my friends always makes me think of the Maxwells, because like Sarah, her many selfies always look the same. While she's very pretty and she takes good photos, she frames them all the same way, takes them in either her car or her living room, and has maintained the same personal style for many years, so her appearance has not changed. (maybe I'm a tad jealous because she still looks so much better than me?)

Oh FFS. Now we are speculating that something is wrong with a kid based on how many times she appears in a heavily edited advertising blog? Lydia was just a little over 1 month old when they went on Terri's zoo trip. It is absolutely within the realm of good baby care to keep them away from large, public places at that age, and at home in their own environment, where they and their mother are most comfortable. It's not like a one month old is going to enjoy a zoo.

ITA. When I suggested Lydia was sick, I meant with a cold.

Even for Sarah,that's not a twist. She's been doing those shots since long before the Maxkids had phone cameras or knew what a selfie was.

I was thinking the same thing. She's been doing those shots since at least when Abby was a baby.

Musics and delicious chunks. Wow.

They appear to have no fellowship with other believers or unbelievers unless they are the ones "ministering", which is not really fellowship at all is it? And there is no contact at all with anyone of their own age, at least none that they show on the blog. How did the boys find wives?

I've always suspected that they have more fellowship than they admit to on the blog. They obviously had enough interaction with the wives' families that courtships developed. We've seen pictures of them at the Duggar's house for a graduation, and again on Jill's wedding episode.

It seems strange to me that they never mention these interactions on their blog. It would make the blog about a thousand times more interesting, but I assume that they only want the focus on their family and how wonderful their way of living is.

About a month or so ago some of us (at least I did) speculated on whether or not Lydia had Down Syndrome because it looked like she had Mongoloidism in a picture of her with Steve. blog.titus2.com/2015/08/07/happy-birthday-dad-5. In Elissa's baby shower post all the grandkids were featured except Lydia and NR Anna attended the shower. Same with the Labor Day post. The last time Lydia was really featured at all was in her newborn pics and that was in April. There was a pic of her in the July 4th post but it was of her side.

Lydia has several very photogenic female cousins that are featured regularly on the blog because their cuteness brings in lots of page views everytime they are featured in an entry. Lydia also has an older sister who is rarely featured on the blog. Her brother, despite being the first grandson, is on the blog far less often than his super photogenic A,B,C cousins. She is friggin 6 months old. She has older cousins who do cuter things to put on the blog and sucker people into their wholesome, Godly family image. No big mystery as to why she is currently not a priority to feature.

So we get to diagnose her with Down Syndrome based on a picture? Didn't people learn their lesson with this shit back when everyone was diagnosing the Jolie-Pitt twins with the same thing based on a shot a single photog had taken?

blog.titus2.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/DSC_8048.jpg

Tut, tut, Christina, you're showing KNEE. That is NOT how a modest, Godly young lady sits on her grandma's lap.

That aside, I think this is the first instance of female knee we have ever seen on the Maxwell blog.

And it will no doubt be the last.

About a month or so ago some of us (at least I did) speculated on whether or not Lydia had Down Syndrome because it looked like she had Mongoloidism in a picture of her with Steve. blog.titus2.com/2015/08/07/happy-birthday-dad-5. In Elissa's baby shower post all the grandkids were featured except Lydia and NR Anna attended the shower. Same with the Labor Day post. The last time Lydia was really featured at all was in her newborn pics and that was in April. There was a pic of her in the July 4th post but it was of her side.

Eh, given that a large majority of what people post here is nothing more than idle speculation, this doesn't strike me as a big deal. I don't think that Lydia has Down Syndrome or any other readily indentifiable something or other, but from the very first photo of her shortly after birth, something struck me as being "off" for lack of a better word. I don't think she was a particularly good looking baby—none of Christopher and NRAnna's are IMO (although Ruthie's getting cuter)—but that wasn't it. Just a feeling, based on nothing more than a photo (and the fact that she's rarely shown), which is all we're ever privy to. We've speculated about Christina too, based on photos of her that make it appear she has strabismus. We don't know and the Maxwells ain't sayin' so we just keep guessing. Same with Lydia. There could well be a problem, then again it could be nothing—and I certainly hope it's the latter. But again, we'll probably never know. And so the Idle Speculation Bus keeps on running.

So the Jolie-Pitts have twins, huh?

Eh, given that a large majority of what people post here is nothing more than idle speculation, this doesn't strike me as a big deal. I don't think that Lydia has Down Syndrome or any other readily indentifiable something or other, but from the very first photo of her shortly after birth, something struck me as being "off" for lack of a better word. I don't think she was a particularly good looking baby—none of Christopher and NRAnna's are IMO (although Ruthie's getting cuter)—but that wasn't it. Just a feeling, based on nothing more than a photo (and the fact that she's rarely shown), which is all we're ever privy to. We've speculated about Christina too, based on photos of her that make it appear she has strabismus. We don't know and the Maxwells ain't sayin' so we just keep guessing. Same with Lydia. There could well be a problem, then again it could be nothing—and I certainly hope it's the latter. But again, we'll probably never know. And so the Idle Speculation Bus keeps on running.

So the Jolie-Pitts have twins, huh?

This is sarcasm, right? :lol:

I think when it comes to the children, FJ's are concerned for their health and wellbeing. I don't think anyone is trying to snark on them.

Archived