IGNORED

The Maxwells and the Elderly ate pie

Seven Severn

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can't imagine how boring it must be for the ABCD's and Christopher's kids (they need a nickname) to go to church at a nursing home. One question though... Where's Anna Marie?

I WANT KEY LIME PIE NOW!! :shock:

John came up with his own pie recipe. I’m serious. It was a white chocolate pie with delicious chunks.

Delicious chunks of what????

Sarah is pretty much phoning it in these days....

Looked to me that there were about twice as many Maxwells as there were sweet elderly.

I tried counting one pic, to me looked like about 11 Maxwells and 10 non-Maxwells.

Lydia wasn't there, either. Maybe she is sick and NR Anna stayed home with her.

Or, NR Anna is pregnant and stayed home with morning sickness.

I can't imagine how boring it must be for the ABCD's and Christopher's kids (they need a nickname) to go to church at a nursing home.

I don't think the kids know any other way of going to church.

Delicious chunks of what????

Sarah is pretty much phoning it in these days....

Sarah, I would want to know what the chunks are before I tried the pie.

Sarah is leaving that up to our imaginations. Bless her.

Could be worse, I guess she could have described it as a "White Chocolate Pie with Sweet Chunks".

Musics and delicious chunks. Wow.

They appear to have no fellowship with other believers or unbelievers unless they are the ones "ministering", which is not really fellowship at all is it? And there is no contact at all with anyone of their own age, at least none that they show on the blog. How did the boys find wives?

I used to post on the titus2 moms forum, I guess about 15yrs ago, and I did admire their family then. I felt they were extreme, and never bought into some of the ideas, like no fiction, no sports, etc. But Sarah moderated all the posts and she seemed articulate, and mature for a teen. She really represented what I wanted for my kids. I was just getting into homeschooling, and the culture surrounding it, tasting the koolaid you might say. I never could get fully onboard and always felt like a poser. It's odd for me now, to have watched this family over time. What seemed like a good way to raise children to get "good" teens, turns out poorly functioning adults. I believe that I am not alone in realizing that much of what was espoused by the generation of homeschoolers that immediately preceded me had turned out to be some what of a failed social experiment. I know some of my peers are also looking at the maxwells as the personification of this failure. And it makes me really sad.

Does Abby only have two skirts? That long denim one and the one she's wearing in this post, the white-and-coral chevron thing.

Oh, and the post underneath? Guess who Teri's best friend is... Steve! I had NO idea! :lol:

I love to do things with my best friend—my husband! One of those special activities that we enjoy is walking together. Not only are we getting exercise, but we talk. Often it is hard for a husband and wife to have uninterrupted conversations in a large, busy family. Walking enables Steve and me to spend time together and hear what is on each of our hearts. Usually we walk early in the morning, but last winter for the first time, we took an afternoon break to get out when it is a bit warmer and the sun might be shining. I thank the Lord every day for the 41 years He has given me with my best friend!

That's it. That's the post.

That is the most boring thing I have read in some time. :sleeping: :sleeping:

If you look at the picture of Tina you can see she has some capri pants on under her skirt. They are most definitely not leggings. I wonder if they wear pants when they are not with their grandparents. Could Tina have been wearing the capris and shirt all day and when it was time to go she simply threw a dress on over her outfit? Maybe this is why Abby is always pictured in the same skirt as well.

"we scheduled a hymn sing with a pie fellowship"

Pie fellowship :clap: :clap: I wouldn't mind having some 'Pie fellowship' with my namesake and his jeans do look defrauding for a Maxwell. :wink-penguin:

I keep reading the title as The Maxwells ate elderly pie.

"Let's eat Grandma!" :lol:

Spare a comma, Sarah?

Lydia wasn't there, either. Maybe she is sick and NR Anna stayed home with her.

Or, NR Anna is pregnant and stayed home with morning sickness.

I still think something is wrong with Lydia. She always seems to be MIA. She didn't go with them to the zoo for Teri's retirement outing. NR Anna stayed home with her then too.

I want to thank you for this thread title.

My headship just walked through and asked me if the potato salad was ready and I said almost, but I needed to read something first.

He wondered what was so interesting (in a conversational way, not naggy) and without any additional information is said, "the Maxwells and the elderly ate pie!" This was said with way more interest than I meant to convey.

Which lead to mocking questions of who on the interet will be excited to read later about how "the Ourlastnames ate potato salad." When I explained that no one would, because I don't blog and we're not that interesting he's argued that he's indeed interesting and has in fact eaten pie with many an elderly person in his day.

Tldr my husband is offended that I don't think his adventures in eating with the elderly is worthy of a web series, and now we want pie.

I keep reading the title as The Maxwells ate elderly pie.

Holy shit, this instantly started a bastardized version of the old Warrent video Cherry Pie in my head, starring the Maxwells and the Elderly.

:laughing-rolling::laughing-rolling::laughing-rolling:

(No disrespect intended to the brilliant late Jani Lane.)

Sarah's twist on a selfie, eesh. To my knowledge, mirror selfies existed before modern selfies as people lacked front facing cameras but needed MySpace pics. The word selfie wasn't popular but Sarah...that's not a twist....

blog.titus2.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/DSC_8048.jpg

Tut, tut, Christina, you're showing KNEE. That is NOT how a modest, Godly young lady sits on her grandma's lap.

That aside, I think this is the first instance of female knee we have ever seen on the Maxwell blog.

I still think something is wrong with Lydia. She always seems to be MIA. She didn't go with them to the zoo for Teri's retirement outing. NR Anna stayed home with her then too.

I also wonder about that. Even when she's present, there seems to be no focus on her. Cousin Drew, meanwhile, is shown and commented on regularly. I suspect the reason goes beyond gender bias.

Archived