IGNORED

Elissa and Joe, 1st anniversary

Justme

These two creep me out. Not sure why, but I get a real "drinking the koolade" from them, more so than Melanie and Nathan, and Chris and Anna.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's the way Joe is always holding her so tightly by the wrists, smotherhugging her, or putting his hand too near her crotch in public that I find creepy.

I wonder where he gets his ideas from, given that Steve and Teri seem very chaste in public. Did Joe ever go on any of the visits to the Dry Humping Duggars?

Doesn't that make sense, though? Melanie's cousin's wedding vs. Nate's brother's wedding - usually a sibling's wedding would trump a cousin's wedding if the choice has to be made. I wouldn't really expect someone to take their brother's wife's cousin's wedding date into account when scheduling their own, either...

Agree. Also, after the serious hit they took when Joe's last courtship failed, I can't see how they would have any headspace left to be manipulative of the extended family. Once they made the courtship arrangements, they would likely have been obsessed with just getting Joe married off as soon as possible, before anyone could put a spoke in the works. :)

I think you guys wildly overestimate the need for indoctrination on Elissa's part. She was already living a Maxwell lifestyle before she was married. Her own father raised he with the belief you did not need friends, you only needed siblings. She has never appeared to be anything but perfectly content in pictures with Joseph. She absolutely glows in these anniversary pictures. Yes, she does. And we should not wish it any different, or try and see misery there just because Steve Maxwell is a sociopathic asshole who has destroyed his family.

I'm glad she looks content and happy for now. Let them have that. We all know the horrors that a waiting for her several babies into a Maxwell lifestyle. I just can't begrudge them their happiness right now.

These two creep me out. Not sure why, but I get a real "drinking the koolade" from them, more so than Melanie and Nathan, and Chris and Anna.

I think you are absolutely correct, these 2 of all the couples are positively marinated in the Flavor Aid. I find it weirdly comforting to know that at least for now Elissa genuinely happy. I find the fact that Terri was so incredibly unhappy and unwell having those 5 reversals a lot more creepy and disturbing. Even I have to acknowledge my heart occasionally breaks for Teri's suffering.

AreteJo, I agree with you on Elissa. Another thought I've always had about her, is that we have no idea what her home life was like. Maybe her father was even worse than Steve. Maybe she feels like she's living in paradise now.

Yes it would. But my point is Steve probably enouraged Elissa and Joe to schedule the wedding the same day as Melanie's cousins deliberately so she and Nate couldn't go, cuz it might be more FUN! I can totally see Steve doing that.

I doubt Steve even considered anyone else. Besides, I am sure Elissa's richer, more fancy family got to pick the date.

I agree Elissa generally looks happy. I just thought she looked over it in those anniversary photos, and guessed the constant blog photos might not be her favourite activity at this stage of pregnancy.

I still think Joe's grabbyness looks like he is pissing her off in the photos.

It must be totally weird though... to wait all that time to have sex, then to be at it like rabbits, and very quickly to be pregnant and for sex to be increasingly less convenient.... there's no wonder to me that fundies warn about the first year of marriage being the hardest! :)

Sarah has a new post wishing them happy anniversary, 365 days of wedded bliss. If memory serves me correct, last year wasn't a leap year. Normal years have 364 days. Homeschooling at it's very best! :D
Homeschooling wins this round :P
Doesn't matter. Elissa entered Maxhell one year ago on this date.
*tries not to say it*

And vice versa!

Ahh why did I say it? :brain-bleach: :pull-hair: :x :evil: :oops: :angry-banghead: :brain-bleach:

I agree Elissa generally looks happy. I just thought she looked over it in those anniversary photos, and guessed the constant blog photos might not be her favourite activity at this stage of pregnancy.

I still think Joe's grabbyness looks like he is pissing her off in the photos.

It must be totally weird though... to wait all that time to have sex, then to be at it like rabbits, and very quickly to be pregnant and for sex to be increasingly less convenient.... there's no wonder to me that fundies warn about the first year of marriage being the hardest! :)

I've been married twice and the first year wasn't the hardest, but certainly the weirdest both times. No matter how well you think you know someone you find out all kinds of weird quirks and subtle ways their parents ruined them the first several months of living together. Like when the finally admit they don't love the way you cook chicken because it's 'soggy.' (Which it's not). Or that they reuse bath towels, put butter on vegetables, will only use one bathroom (like some insane territorial cat), hates linen spray, saves plastic containers like they are expecting to one day be able to use them as currency, uses too much water in juice concentrate, is physically incapable of properly wiping down a counter, thinks rolling towels is the proper way of storing them so the linen closet looks like a clearance sale of sleeping bags for gnomes, puts cashmere in the dryer and is surprised when you're pissed your favorite sweater now fits your Mrs. Beasley doll, objects to Mrs. Beasley doll being visible because 'she's creepy'...

Maybe this is just me and I should stop typing and go work on my marriage. :?

will only use one bathroom (like some insane territorial cat), hates linen spray, saves plastic containers like they are expecting to one day be able to use them as currency,

:lol: :lol: :lol at insane territorial cat.

My mom hoards plastic containers too. They don't all fit properly in the cabinet and a few times when putting clean ones away I just got so frustrated and was basically like, "If mom wants to keep all of these, she can figure out how to put them away!"

Sarah has a new post wishing them happy anniversary, 365 days of wedded bliss. If memory serves me correct, last year wasn't a leap year. Normal years have 364 days. Homeschooling at it's very best! :D

See this? ^^^^^^

Stop it.

1) You look like an idiot because No. There are 365 days in a year. 366 in a leap year.

2) Maxwells are not at all representative of homeschooling.

Please. Stop it. And maybe try to meet some real homeschoolers so you won't be so frightfully bigoted towards a perfectly acceptable educational choice made by thousands of loving, conscientious parents all over the country. Who are not fundamentalist wackadoos like Stevehovah and co.

s/ Homeschooled; homeschooling.

See this? ^^^^^^

Stop it.

1) You look like an idiot because No. There are 365 days in a year. 366 in a leap year.

Please. Stop it. And maybe try to meet some real homeschoolers so you won't be so frightfully bigoted towards a perfectly acceptable educational choice made by thousands of loving, conscientious parents all over the country. Who are not fundamentalist wackadoos like Stevehovah and co.

Oh, grow up. Justme was CLEARLY taking the piss. They are not 'frightfully bigoted' or criticising homeschooling as a whole; they are merely critiquing the Maxwellian SOTDRT which is entirely God-based and therefore will be lacking in many areas. There are plenty of FJers who homeschool and I bet they knew Justme wasn't being serious. :roll:

See this? ^^^^^^

Stop it.

I also just noticed the use of 'it's' vs. 'its'. Sorry, but if you're going to mock an entire educational system you'd better make damn sure you know basic grade school facts and grammar.

It's the way Joe is always holding her so tightly by the wrists, smotherhugging her, or putting his hand too near her crotch in public that I find creepy.

I wonder where he gets his ideas from, given that Steve and Teri seem very chaste in public. Did Joe ever go on any of the visits to the Dry Humping Duggars?

I agree - every photo of them shows him holding her tightly and possessively. It is very creepy.

I agree - every photo of them shows him holding her tightly and possessively. It is very creepy.

Chris is the same way with NR Anna.

:lol: :lol: :lol at insane territorial cat.

My mom hoards plastic containers too. They don't all fit properly in the cabinet and a few times when putting clean ones away I just got so frustrated and was basically like, "If mom wants to keep all of these, she can figure out how to put them away!"

And they are worse than useless for storing leftovers in the refrigerator, because now they are disguised as yogurt or sour cream or whatever was originally in those containers and just sit there growing mold until someone decides to consolidate the various containers of yogurt and, ewwwww. They all get rinsed and go straight into the recycling bin here.

Chris is the same way with NR Anna.

Maybe they are worried Steve will take their wives away? That is what Steve does when you pay to much attention to something.

Yeah. I want to be clear, I don't necessarily think that Joe IS creepy. Well, not any more so than any other indoctrinated patriarchal manchild. But the way he clings on so tight looks really strange. You can certainly tell that he never went through the usual stages from tentatively holding hands onwards.

And they are worse than useless for storing leftovers in the refrigerator, because now they are disguised as yogurt or sour cream or whatever was originally in those containers and just sit there growing mold until someone decides to consolidate the various containers of yogurt and, ewwwww. They all get rinsed and go straight into the recycling bin here.

Most of ours as well, except a few, when the timing is perfect, are washed, packed with leftovers to take for work lunch the next day, where they are then washed and put in the work recycling bin. I truly hate toting my good containers home from work And most of our yogurt containers no longer have lids, just peel off foil.

Same here!

Or that they reuse bath towels, put butter on vegetables, will only use one bathroom (like some insane territorial cat), hates linen spray, saves plastic containers like they are expecting to one day be able to use them as currency, uses too much water in juice concentrate, is physically incapable of properly wiping down a counter, thinks rolling towels is the proper way of storing them so the linen closet looks like a clearance sale of sleeping bags for gnomes, puts cashmere in the dryer and is surprised when you're pissed your favorite sweater now fits your Mrs. Beasley doll, objects to Mrs. Beasley doll being visible because 'she's creepy'...

Maybe this is just me and I should stop typing and go work on my marriage. :?

Most of these things are just frugal habits. And seriously, dolls are creepy. Sorry about your sweater.

I take it you didn't live together before marriage?

1. s

I wonder where he gets his ideas from, given that Steve and Teri seem very chaste in public. Did Joe ever go on any of the visits to the Dry Humping Duggars. ?

The Maxwell childults and their parents were at Jill Duggar's wedding. This is where I suspect Joseph Maxwell got the idea for the dip/kiss of his own bride. Sadly, he does not have some secret stash of movies he watches when Stehovah Adonai isn't looking. His only information about what is/is not an appropriate way to touch your wife can only be collected from other equally stunted fundies. I agree Steve and Teri do not indulge in aggressive public displays of affection. That grossness is strictly within the world of Jim Bob and Michelle. JB and Michelle's adult children pattern after their parents, Joseph Maxwell and other sheltered fundie kids watch the behavior, think its OK because Godly people are doing it, and also start.

I am honestly surprised Stehovah hasn't put a stop to Joseph's PDAs. He looked horrified at the wedding when Joseph kissed Elissa. It was nice to see somethingdeviate off the fucking script.

Most of these things are just frugal habits. And seriously, dolls are creepy. Sorry about your sweater.

I take it you didn't live together before marriage?

First time, no. Second time we did for a couple of months, but we had just moved into a place and we were all adjusting to the new family configuration so I didn't notice the weirdness until later.

I really hope my kids decide to live together before marriage, I think it's smart. (No way to word that so it doesn't sound creepy...clearly live with their SO and not each other. :D )

Yeah. I want to be clear, I don't necessarily think that Joe IS creepy. Well, not any more so than any other indoctrinated patriarchal manchild. But the way he clings on so tight looks really strange. You can certainly tell that he never went through the usual stages from tentatively holding hands onwards.

I totally think he is creepy. He oozed Steve when I met him

Archived