IGNORED

John Maxwell is a real estate agent???

Dru

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Holy shit! Great find! I wonder if he'll only work with "godly" clients?

So, I guess the irrigation business didn't pan out (but I'm convinced that was just a cover for his overseas missionary work, anyway).

Maybe they are going buy their own real estate, fix it up and sell it. Maybe he got the license so he can know the ins and outs of selling real estate. To be a good realtor you have to not care that the seller/buyer is gay, a woman, a minority, living together without the benefit of marriage or a single parent who doesn't homeschool. Or, buying with a mortgage. Not many people, especially fundies, are buying in cash.

I worry about anyone becoming a real estate agent. Logically I know many people are extremely successful in the field. And it makes a good career or part-time job for those people. I don't know if it because of the ups and downs of the housing market or I associate it with the job that went the way of the dinosaur- travel agent, but it seems like there are more stable choices.

Of course with a Maxwell the choices are limited. I wish him the best.

I'm trying to imagine what Steve's thought process was when he allowed (initiated?) this and I'm coming up empty. John now has a boss that isn't Steve. I wonder how long he's been doing this and if he's had any clients, yet.

ETA: Here's his profile on Trulia: trulia.com/profile/john-maxwell-agent-leavenworth-ks-26564167/overview

First, you're awesome. Second, I was just thinking about him last night (not in that way) when I was reading their blog. I was thinking, he has a truck, travels out of state to weddings alone, went on an international vacation...he's a sneaky one. I bet he engages in worldly things more than Steve would ever admit. I'm sure his license benefits his family but also, he has a listing on trulia so he must actually be practicing.

Whaaaaaat?!?!?!

You mean there is a Maxwell son who does NOT have his own home business?! Is accountable to someone other than Steve God?!?!?!

My pearls! My pearls! Where are my pearls to clutch!

Good for him.

I see the fundy home schoolers going into real estate because it can be lucrative and does not require college just passing tests. I am not vonvinced he can be successful in both real estate and irrigation consulting.

Steve seems to like to brag about how his sons are jacks of all trades (remember when he bragged that John and Joseph supposedly had electrician and plumbers licenses?).

I'm wondering if this is just one more certification for Steve to brag about.

A question; Do you have to work in an office as a real estate agent? Can you be connected to a real estate company, but work more or less for yourself?

The real estate agents I've dealt with seemed to be that way.

The little we know of John, he seems to have an actual personality, and is easy on the eyes. He might do well in a sales job.

But, I imagine he'd be in hot water if he refused to deal with certain clients like Christopher does.

I think being a real estate agent is one of the jobs mentioned in buying a home debt free. That said, I'm really surprised that John would be working for someone else.

Will wonders never cease?? John Maxwell and Peter Bradrick! are real estate agents - brothers under the skin!

I, too, am desperately searching for my pearls, for clutching purposes.

Looks like he's setting up a website for this job as well. At least he was back in June right before getting his license. johnmaxwellrealtor.com

I can hear the sales pitch now. "Do you know where you'll go when you die? Well, while you're waiting to find out, why not spend your time here on earth in this lovely 4 bedroom, 3 bath rancher with granite countertops and stainless steel appliances, right near downtown! And let me give you a copy of my dad's book to tell you how to buy your dream home DEBT FREE!"

You know, if any of the Maxwells were truly successful, they wouldn't need a dozen different businesses to keep things going. Jack of all trades, master of none.

From talking to real estate agents, you have to be a real go-getter to make good money as an agent. You have to be willing to pursue many, many leads in order to converts a handful of those leads into sales. Many realtors don't do well financially because of this.

Is it possible the Maxwells are going to buy property and having a real estate agent in the family means part of the realtor's fee stays in the family?

That said, this is the first time I've seen "crazy eyes" on John.

Great find, but I am so not surprised. Real estate agent is an approved Fundie occupation. See Bradrick!, Duggars, and the Meredith Alexander family for starters.

Working for commission doesn't mean working for someone, apparently. However, just because you have got a real estate license doesn't mean you will ever sell a house.

Yep, it does mean that his irrigation business is not a stunning success, but again I am not surprised. A narrow field with people out there far more qualified than John.

Diversification is the name of the game.

I would hazard a guess that at least one of the Maxwell male progeny has a plumber or electrician's license. Steve is not dim and is more "do what I say not do what I do." I still think they were foolish to fold Maxwell Construction. The Maxwells seem quite competent at home repair and renovation. Perhaps they are reactivating that business.

I am willing to bet that at least one Maxwell male childult, will venture into used car sales soon. That is another Fundie approved occupation. Perhaps Jesse (do we know anything at all about his likes and dislikes)? Or Christopher. Christopher's wedding photography gigs seem really sporadic. Probably because he can't photograph himself out of a paper bag.

Steve seems to like to brag about how his sons are jacks of all trades (remember when he bragged that John and Joseph supposedly had electrician and plumbers licenses?).

I'm wondering if this is just one more certification for Steve to brag about.

A question; Do you have to work in an office as a real estate agent? Can you be connected to a real estate company, but work more or less for yourself?

The real estate agents I've dealt with seemed to be that way.

The little we know of John, he seems to have an actual personality, and is easy on the eyes. He might do well in a sales job.

But, I imagine he'd be in hot water if he refused to deal with certain clients like Christopher does.

Don't think so. Jim Boob Duggar clearly doesn't work in an office.

I think agents have to have some affiliation with a real estate broker. I hope someone with better knowledge chimes in soon.

I find it interesting that the titus2 website has John and Joseph listed as employed at CCI when we know they both have businesses on the side. You'd think a parent that wanted to see their children succeed would be happy to give them a little free advertisement. But of course, as we know, eveything is about Steve and Teri and their desire to keep control of their kids as much as possible. That starts being more difficult when they don't rely on you for their livelihood.

From John Maxwell Real Estate Agent FAQs:

"Do you offer Mortgages?

Yes, but it's not what you're thinking. Break the property cost down into the size and quantity of payments you are comfortable with. Then, I would encourage you to take each payment, put it in an envelope and set it aside. When you have the cost of the property in your envelope, deposit it in your bank and buy the property. You will have learned your first valuable lesson from your association with John Maxwell Real Estate."

I think its extremely telling that Steve has not posted about this yet. I wonder what else he doesn't tell us...

The Truth.... all we hear is told to us to support their brand.

Archived