IGNORED

Michael (Bates) Keilen Bump Watch

Sweet Fellowship

less than 24 hours post wedding and we have a bump thread :laughing-rollingyellow:

PS - I'm going with the crowd and predicting birth/late pregnancy within a year.

Even if she has what Erin has, she's been tested and can start on treatment straight away, it won't delay things for long.

• Replies 472
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh, good. I love it when people obsessively watch a woman's body for any sign of minor variations in weight or shape. What's not to like about treating a woman's like public property up for public commentary???

I think it will be pretty quick, baring no problems.

Michael and Brandon are both older and probably eager to start their family.

What does Erin have? Anyone know how many miscarriages she had? What a horrible thing to have to go through especially if you are fundie!

Oh, good. I love it when people obsessively watch a woman's body for any sign of minor variations in weight or shape. What's not to like about treating a woman's like public property up for public commentary???

People who put themselves on TV do make their bodies a commodity up for public commentary. The Bates (and Duggars) have literally marketed their fertility to make a buck. Michael and Bradon get to start out with more of a nest egg than most because they have sold us their romance which includes trying for eleventy kids . However, everything has a cost, and that cost is a lack of privacy.

If you were talking about a wife of a public figure or even a movie star, I might agree with you. But the Bates have marketed their fertility to the public in many ways. They made it a commodity when they sold it to us, and the public has a right to comment on what they are being sold.

I love that this thread is already running. Yesterday evening, when I saw the wedding was over, I immediately thought "I wonder if she's pregnant yet?"

I predict a June baby.

Well, I am going to be contrary here and hope that she doesn't have a baby within the year. Simply so she and Brandon can have some time to be a couple.

And, I certainly hope she doesn't have the same disorder as Erin. What Erin went through was tough. I am hoping just by simply chance Michael gets some time to enjoy that couple time.

What does Erin have? Anyone know how many miscarriages she had? What a horrible thing to have to go through especially if you are fundie!

Erin has a clotting disorder, in order to have Carson she had to have heparin shots twice a day for the whole pregnancy :cry: Kelly has said in episode of BUB that Erin had 3 miscarriages in that first year, pre diagnosis, (making Erin's baseline fertility incredibly impressive - 4 pregnancies/conceptions in a year).

The key thing is that the clotting disorder is genetic. For each Bates daughter there's a one in four chance that she'll have it. The girls are all getting tested (whether its now, or in the run up to marriage is unknown and irrelevant), this means that anyone who has the condition will enter marriage knowing and prepared and can treat/not treat according to their decided fertility. It also means that 1 in 4 of the Bates girls will be categorised as high risk for all their pregnancies.

Erin's pain has saved at least one of her sisters from similar pain. :hug:

They have been married 26 hours. She is already pregnant.

“ARGUMENTS ARE TO BE AVOIDED: THEY ARE ALWAYS VULGAR AND OFTEN CONVINCING.†:)

OSCAR WILDE

I think Michaela and Brandon would be thrilled if she became pregnant right away. They're in their mid-twenties and are part of a culture that believes children are a blessing. He'll be going to work each day and I expect Michaela will be spending time with the Waller and Staddon wives/children when not cooking, cleaning, etc. They'll periodically visit his family, her family, and attend ATI conferences. I just don't see children cramping their style at all.

Wonder where they're going for their honeymoon.

Erin has a clotting disorder, in order to have Carson she had to have heparin shots twice a day for the whole pregnancy :cry: Kelly has said in episode of BUB that Erin had 3 miscarriages in that first year, pre diagnosis, (making Erin's baseline fertility incredibly impressive - 4 pregnancies/conceptions in a year).

The key thing is that the clotting disorder is genetic. For each Bates daughter there's a one in four chance that she'll have it. The girls are all getting tested (whether its now, or in the run up to marriage is unknown and irrelevant), this means that anyone who has the condition will enter marriage knowing and prepared and can treat/not treat according to their decided fertility. It also means that 1 in 4 of the Bates girls will be categorised as high risk for all their pregnancies.

Erin's pain has saved at least one of her sisters from similar pain. :hug:

There's no guarantee any of the other Bates girls has the same disorder. Each has a 1 in 4 chance of getting it independent of each other. So, Erin could be the only one with it.

the theory is that 26, 27 is the most fertile time, you are less fetile(against popular opinion and tropes) as a teenager than as a late twenty something.

the theory is that 26, 27 is the most fertile time, you are less fetile(against popular opinion and tropes) as a teenager than as a late twenty something.

This is actually incorrect. There was a study done that was published in Oxford's journal of Human Reproduction, they found that, barring fertility disorders, the ages of the women most likely to conceive at ovulation were between ages 19 and 26. At 27, they found that fertility dropped; women went from a 50% chance of conception at ovulation to 40%. http://humrep.oxfordjournals.org/content/17/5/1399.full

Younger teenaged girls are probably even more fertile than their counterparts in their 20's, but its unethical to conduct a study that would definitively come to that conclusion. It makes sense though, women are born with their eggs already, I would assume that the less years exposed to various enivornmental factors and just age in and of itself, the better. It makes sense to me that fresher eggs would lend themselves more readily for conception. If I had to guess, I would say the most fertile ages would be 16-20 years old; for the most part the body has developed enough to sustain a pregnancy healthily, the eggs will not have declined much from younger ages, but in ages younger than 16, a girl is less physiologically able to carry safely to term.

People who put themselves on TV do make their bodies a commodity up for public commentary. The Bates (and Duggars) have literally marketed their fertility to make a buck. Michael and Bradon get to start out with more of a nest egg than most because they have sold us their romance which includes trying for eleventy kids . However, everything has a cost, and that cost is a lack of privacy.

If you were talking about a wife of a public figure or even a movie star, I might agree with you. But the Bates have marketed their fertility to the public in many ways. They made it a commodity when they sold it to us, and the public has a right to comment on what they are being sold.

Completely and totally sincere question here (and no offense intended towards anyone):

But how does speculating on the contents of her uterus barely two days after she was married make us any better than the Fundies we snark on?

I get that people are curious. I really do. But at the same time, speculating this soon after their wedding is pretty much doing the same thing as the Fundies do constantly - place all the importance and emphasis on her role as a baby-maker rather than on who she is as an individual.

Even if she got pregnant on their wedding night, she isn't going to be showing for a few months. Wouldn't it have been better to wait a bit and then start the thread rather than start one and over-analyze absolutely every single little thing they do or post from now on?

I bet Michaella, Alyssa and Whitney will be pregnant at some point next year. Erin, too, maybe, but I hope they wait a while to try to have another.

I wouldn't be surprised if Michael, Alyssa, Whitney, Amy (Famy) and Jill (Dillard) all have babies next summer. Even though Amy knows how to prevent pregnancy**, I bet she will try ASAP as to hold on to her man.

Erin and Chad said they are going to follow the doctor's advice, I really hope they do. (I, of course, am assuming the doctor has told them to lay off getting pregnant for awhile.)

** edit to add, I assume Famy knows how to prevent pregnancy. Just because she is "worldly" doesn't mean she knows anything about her body- see John Oliver's editorial about sex ed in America.

I bet Michaella, Alyssa and Whitney will be pregnant at some point next year. Erin, too, maybe, but I hope they wait a while to try to have another.

Agree!!

I think Michaela will make an announcement by Thanksgiving.

Agreed on the second wave of Bates Babies by Summer 2016. Erin will probably try again by the time her son is 1, Whitney is probably already trying again, and Alyssa will probably have another fairly quickly. It's 100% projection on my part, but she seems like she would be happy to have 2-4 kids in quick succession, then be "done".

I think Michaela will make an announcement by Thanksgiving.

Agreed on the second wave of Bates Babies by Summer 2016. Erin will probably try again by the time her son is 1, Whitney is probably already trying again, and Alyssa will probably have another fairly quickly. It's 100% projection on my part, but she seems like she would be happy to have 2-4 kids in quick succession, then be "done".

Alyssa did say in the show that she wanted a big family. If i am remembering correctly this was when she was already married but before having Allie, and she was taking care of her nephews on her husband side. She said she wanted a large family but not as large as hers, and said she thinks she can handle at least 10 children. So i think she will probably have 6-8 at least.

I wouldn't be surprised if Michael, Alyssa, Whitney, Amy (Famy) and Jill (Dillard) all have babies next summer. Even though Amy knows how to prevent pregnancy**, I bet she will try ASAP as to hold on to her man.

Erin and Chad said they are going to follow the doctor's advice, I really hope they do. (I, of course, am assuming the doctor has told them to lay off getting pregnant for awhile.)

** edit to add, I assume Famy knows how to prevent pregnancy. Just because she is "worldly" doesn't mean she knows anything about her body- see John Oliver's editorial about sex ed in America.

Amy strongly hinted that she isn't a virgin. So, we know she's successfully avoided pregnancy at least once. I figure she's not going to do hormonal birth control, but condoms are probably ok.

Amy strongly hinted that she isn't a virgin. So, we know she's successfully avoided pregnancy at least once. I figure she's not going to do hormonal birth control, but condoms are probably ok.

What did Amy say? I never knew that. Whoa

I don't treat the "bump watch" as obsessively looking at someone and speculating, and you can see that I very often disagree with those tactics in other forums. But, that doesn't mean that a thread like this is unwarranted, especially when dealing with a culture that actively preaches women have no use in this world unless they're currently raising children or they're getting ready to pop one out.

Well, I am going to be contrary here and hope that she doesn't have a baby within the year. Simply so she and Brandon can have some time to be a couple.

And, I certainly hope she doesn't have the same disorder as Erin. What Erin went through was tough. I am hoping just by simply chance Michael gets some time to enjoy that couple time.

Oh, I hope all the time that these kids don't pop out babies quickly. But, my hopes don't mean reality.

Hell, I hope that JD (edited cause I realized after posting that I didn't know whether Jana or JD came first, so whichever one of them came first) through Joy will just walk out of TTH (or the houses gifted to them by JB and Michelle) and start their own lives doing whatever in the hell they want. Actually, I really to see Jinger go goth with a band and everything and Joy try out for sports and Josiah go to college for something and Jill become a nurse and Jessa become a stylist, but those hopes have nothing to do with the reality that is the lives of those kidults.

Successfully avoiding pregnancy doesn't mean you know how to avoid pregnancy. My ex boyfriend and his ex girlfriend had unprotected sex for 3 years before she got pregnant. They were both legitimately shocked that it happened. They thought that because she hadn't gotten pregnant before, she wouldn't get pregnant.

What did Amy say? I never knew that. Whoa

She said she's "made mistakes in the past" but that with the new guy she is waiting until marriage.

• SpoonfulOSugar locked this topic

Archived