IGNORED

Baby shower for Elissa + What Some Might Call a Vacation!

albanuadh_1

They held a SURPRISE leaving party for Gigi, at which they told her the joyful news that she would be moving the same day to a Home for the Elderly, so that John could takeover the Headship of her home. :lol:

Lol lol. Poor Gigi

• Replies 454
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ms Mari was friends of NR Anna's parents and lived in WA. I think the only party she threw was a dinner for the NRA and Christopher wedding.

Lol it's totally mums birthday and ..surprise!! .. They're taking her camping/ hiking/ up at midnight to climb a 14er. Just check every August blog going back over the years. Pre. Dic. Ta. Ble.

Camping in Colorado.. What a creative vacay for them! Lol :lol:

Is it me or Mary is getting frumpier and frumpier? She looks less cute, her eyebrows and teeth.. Maybe i'm crazy.

Okay, I looked closer at the decorations, and I don't think it's necessarily all blue. My guess is that they just used leftover stuff or really cheap stuff, and all the had happened to be mostly blue. There's definitely a fair amount of pink around and some purple, too.

Yeah, I agree. The "blue" is turquoise, and the rest of the decorations are purple. My guess is that the gender isn't known, or at least isn't known outside of the immediate family. The shower was definitely gender-neutral. New Maxwell may be a boy, but the shower decor isn't an indication in either direction. I'm hoping for a girl, only because Steve clearly prefers male grandchildren.

It does seem bizarre that Anna-Marie and Melanie were excluded from the blog post, and pointedly left out of the "Maxwell Girls" photo as well. Maybe there has been some dissention in the ranks? If not, then I'm just as apt to believe that Sarah's ability to coherently organize a photo-story is on par with her ability to construct a sentence.

Oh I agree with the Mary comment. Thought it was just me seeing it! A nice spa day would sort that out Steve. Mani pedi waxing bronzer. Now THAT. Would be a nice day out for your girls Steve! Ya hear?!

First guess is that it's for Colorado and it's for Teri's birthday.

Second guess is that it's the Safari park, also for Teri's birthday.

I can make out Happy Birthday Mom ass one of the things Mary is writing, and see other stuff about family, good times, etc.

My guesses as well. The Maxwells always make these "surprises" sound huge, like Sarah getting pregnant by their cute mail delivery guy, but it's _always_ something extremely bland. Yay, surprise cabinet dusting party at the elderly people's home! Cooking cardboard with Anna!! Taking the littles out to the boardwalk to watch newly poured concrete to dry!!!

They won't go to the Safari park this time of year. It's to hot and the don't want to see folk in shorts. They are going to CO, like they always do. I don't know why they think it will surprise Teri.

Mary's eyebrows are looking a little less groomed.

I really hope Steve didn't lay it on her heart that she was too vain.

They won't go to the Safari park this time of year. It's to hot and the don't want to see folk in shorts. They are going to CO, like they always do. I don't know why they think it will surprise Teri.

Good point!!

HAven't they (or the Moodys) stopped at Lamberts (Home of the "Throwed Rolls)") on their safari park trips?

blog.titus2.com/2013/01/21/another-safari-visit/

Maybe they read the regional news and thought it was a good time to stop again, maybe miss a catch and file a lawsuit.

UNIVERSITY CITY, MO – A St. Louis pastor is suing one of Missouri`s most famous restaurants over the very thing that made them famous. And some people are not happy about it. And some of them are complaining about it— to the wrong lawyer.

‘It started last night,’ said John Meehan, a St. Louis lawyer with offices in south St. Louis, who along with his father Justin, is being mistaken by angry callers and e-mailers as the attorneys suing Lambert`s Café.

‘We got a lot of crazy phone calls and crazy emails from people who loved the throwed rolls and they are pretty upset about the lawsuit,’ he said.

The attorney who actually is suing Lambert`s is William Meehan, whose office is in University City. His client is Troy Tucker, a 67- year-old woman who is a pastor at a church in North St. Louis.

Pastor Tucker had gone to Lambert`s last September with other members of her church, when suddenly a flying roll ‘throwed’ to someone else went off course and hit her in the right eye, scratching her cornea, she says.

‘She still has some pain in the eye and some blurriness, according to the medical records I`ve reviewed,’ said William Meehan. ‘It has healed with some scaring,’

he said.

He says Tucker sought his help after Lambert`s insurance company stonewalled his client, who wanted to be reimbursed for $6000 in medical bills she ran up because the accident also loosened her retina.

The lawsuit, filed in Scott County initially seeks $25,000, which is the jurisdictional limit, but William Meehan plans to ask for more.

And he thinks he has a good chance he can get it because he says Lambert`s has been sued for this sort of thing before.

‘The first time they`ll say, `oh we didn`t know about it,` but after it happens more than once you are on notice that this is a practice that could result in injury,’ he said.

As for John Meehan, the lawyer not suing Lambert`s, he has taken to Facebook to try to let the world know it`s not him.

‘As a matter of fact I have family in Mississippi and we stop at the Lambert`s every time we go back,’ he said. ‘We are big fans of the place and we would not go out of our way to do that to anybody.’

Lambert`s is not commenting on the lawsuit.

ms Mari was friends of NR Anna's parents and lived in WA. I think the only party she threw was a dinner for the NRA and Christopher wedding.

I know, I know! I was just kidding! :lol:

Sarah confirmed it is the annual trip. BUT there is a special puzzle piece not in place. Mom's birthday? John is a-courtin' a Colorado fundie?

John is a-courtin' a Colorado fundie?

Well, if the new courtee got a phone/skype call from the entire family to tell her they are on the way to propose to her, I guess that is fair warning to put her running shoes on. :lol:

I doubt it's a courtship, the Maxwells are too cautious about those these days, so they wouldn't announce until John was safely married. Is Teri turning 60 perchance? It could be a super special jubilee trip, not to be confused with their regular trips for Teri's birthday.

It could be a super special jubilee trip, not to be confused with their regular trips for Teri's birthday.

Time to have a special blessed time as a family...

Maybe they'll take a slightly different scenic route to CO? Stay in another cabin? Stop at a new restaurant on the way? Expound on an infrequently-quoted bible verse?

I'm not hopeful.

By the way, that granola they made looks to be the most bland and boring granola ever created.

Where are the nuts? Where is the coconut? The raisins? I think every granola recipe I've ever seen has one or more of those ingredients.

I agree about Mary taking a turn towards the frump. I know heavier brows are sorta in right now, but most of the actresses and models with heavy brows have nicer, groomed heavy brows and some makeup on their faces. Mary's brows are just not working for her. She needs to tweeze a little. If the Maxwells weren't the Maxhells, I'd suggest a trip to the BeneFit brow bar at Ulta. That apron she is wearing in the Colorado trip announcement post is probably the ugliest apron I ever saw.

I doubt it's a courtship, the Maxwells are too cautious about those these days, so they wouldn't announce until John was safely married. Is Teri turning 60 perchance? It could be a super special jubilee trip, not to be confused with their regular trips for Teri's birthday.

She sure is turning 60, good call. I wonder if Teri really wants that announced on the blog, though. Most fundie blogs I read don't specify the parents' ages, especially the moms, and ESPECIALLY if they're, um, mature. :?

I posted a non-snarky comment, guessing that they were having a triple celebration for Teri and Mary's birthdays, along with celebrating 30 years of homeschool.

So was I deleted for being too close to the mark, or for proposing far too many fun things than Steve would allow to be celebrated at one event?! :lol:

Where are the nuts? Where is the coconut? The raisins? I think every granola recipe I've ever seen has one or more of those ingredients.

I agree about Mary taking a turn towards the frump. I know heavier brows are sorta in right now, but most of the actresses and models with heavy brows have nicer, groomed heavy brows and some makeup on their faces. Mary's brows are just not working for her. She needs to tweeze a little. If the Maxwells weren't the Maxhells, I'd suggest a trip to the BeneFit brow bar at Ulta. That apron she is wearing in the Colorado trip announcement post is probably the ugliest apron I ever saw.

And now I know what I'm making tomorrow. I hate raisins so I substitute dried cranberries and apricots, tons of almonds and pecans. I wonder if I should buy my pecans or...

Thanks for the inspiration!

Oh, it was also Bethany's birthday yesterday. She turned 5. Maybe they are celebrating that too?

Though I still think it has to do with Teri's 60th.

Archived